***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

jambonian
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Gallagher is too old and he was hardly great for Motherwell last season. Glad we were never serious. 

Have to say, there's a few players i'd be annoyed/frustrated about if Aberdeen or Hibs signed them and we didn't but Gallagher's never been one of them for me. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Was he not signed because we were unsure if we could someone else...who we subsequently signed anyway?

It was either Sean Clare or Olly Lee.

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, Chaps said:

I thought it was Naismith. 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That’ll be st mirren in the final then

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Jings. 

He will have been on loan to both sides in that semi final this season. Though its expected that he will be on the bench as St Johnstones top goalkeeper is still fit.

17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

does that mean he's emergency loan cover for Doyle? or is he at killing?

Edited by Gav M

Malinga the Swinga
16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If he plays against St Mirren on Sunday, he would be facing team, as emergency loan player, he signed for on emergency loan earlier in season. 

Think that would be a first. 

Clark Griswold
5 minutes ago, Gav M said:

does that mean he's emergency loan cover for Doyle?

their keeper maybe 1 of the 4 who has been contact traced for Covid?

Edited by Clark Griswold
Edit: Ignore, Doyle at Killie

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He will have been on loan to both sides in that semi final this season. Though its expected that he will be on the bench as St Johnstones top goalkeeper is still fit.

Their top goalie wasn’t fit last Saturday iirc. 

The Apprentice
4 minutes ago, Gav M said:

does that mean he's emergency loan cover for Doyle? or is he at killing?

Doyle is at Killie so no.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Their top goalie wasn’t fit last Saturday iirc. 

I am just going from what Pie and Bovril is saying, that Zander Clark is fit, the second choice keeper, Parish has been rumoured to have Covid,

BelgeJambo
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Perhaps Zander Clark is one of the 4 with COVID issues

davemclaren
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

I am just going from what Pie and Bovril is saying, that Zander Clark is fit, the second choice keeper, Parish has been rumoured to have Covid,

👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ali Crawford was the player spurned for Naismith not Ryan Edwards 

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, Humblerogue said:

Hearts going above and beyond to help the clubs that stabbed us in the back. Awesome!

He's going as a secret agent :ninja: 

Jean Louis Valois
19 minutes ago, Humblerogue said:

Hearts going above and beyond to help the clubs that stabbed us in the back. Awesome!

By loaning them a player who is already leaving the club next month. Nae bother!

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Was he not signed because we were unsure if we could someone else...who we subsequently signed anyway?

No, not to the best of my memory, care to share?

2 hours ago, Chaps said:

Think folk are getting themselves tied up in knots here...defo wasn't Naismith, that was the Ali Crawford situation...memory doesn't say it had owt to do with Clare or Lee either...

He was signed, not played, then introduced at the back end of the season and done well and showed glimpses of what he could offer...we reward him by letting him walk FOC to Burton bloody Albion 🤯😖

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Think folk are getting themselves tied up in knots here...defo wasn't Naismith, that was the Ali Crawford situation...memory doesn't say it had owt to do with Clare or Lee either...

He was signed, not played, then introduced at the back end of the season and done well and showed glimpses of what he could offer...we reward him by letting him walk FOC to Burton bloody Albion 🤯😖

You’re right, Naismith was instead of Crawford. My bad. 

5 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

I see Ryan Edwards is Burton Albion Player of the year and players player of the year.

Could do a job 👍

I was annoyed Levein seemed determined to make him go away. I thought his treatment was shoddy and disrespectful. Also felt that he should have been given more of a chance, scores in a cup final and you let him go?

Regarding Bruce Anderson, Campbell and Regan Hendry, I'm not sure what Anderson would add. We have a promising young striker, Henderson. All on board for Campbell and Hendry though. 

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

I was annoyed Levein seemed determined to make him go away. I thought his treatment was shoddy and disrespectful. Also felt that he should have been given more of a chance, scores in a cup final and you let him go?

Regarding Bruce Anderson, Campbell and Regan Hendry, I'm not sure what Anderson would add. We have a promising young striker, Henderson. All on board for Campbell and Hendry though. 

Agree on Edwards. His attitude alone would have been great last season and perhaps even enough to add that wee edge to keep us off bottom.

One thing for sure, Stendel would have had him playing.

On th three rumoured. The lad Anderson certainly looked a plyr cpl years back. You're right though, is he better than oor Hendo? Guess thats the decision. We certainly need a 3rd/4th choice striker. Would Henderson to grow his confidence and take it on.

I'd love Campbell. Ken heehaw about Henry, but again we have smith so do we need?

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, OTT said:

It’s unreal, not only do we sign crap players, when we actually manage to sign a good one we let them go 😂 edwards work rate was phenomenal. Absolutely the type of player that gets everyone else playing better around them.

The bizarre Logan episode shows the Apple hasn’t fallen far from the tree with bob

bobby bombscare
On 06/05/2021 at 13:42, wavydavy said:

To keep his options open as long as possible. If any potential other deal falls through then he might decide to accept our offer assuming it is still on the table.

Then our offer shouldn't be on the table. This has been a problem in recent years is we're constantly the last option. You'll never get a player hungry to achieve much with their last option. It's that attitude of we can wait because we're not the priority. I know it's modern football but we should have a deadline on our offer!

29 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Then our offer shouldn't be on the table. This has been a problem in recent years is we're constantly the last option. You'll never get a player hungry to achieve much with their last option. It's that attitude of we can wait because we're not the priority. I know it's modern football but we should have a deadline on our offer!

Problem with offering a low basic is competing with lesser teams who guarantee a higher wage. 

Did we not say that we wouldn’t announce any pre contract or signings until after their season had finished

2 minutes ago, bistokid said:

He was shit. 

I think he only played one game. Have you seen much of him before or since?

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Did we not say that we wouldn’t announce any pre contract or signings until after their season had finished

Yeah I remember that being said, think it was Robbie who said it.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah I remember that being said, think it was Robbie who said it.

I would rather sign hendry than Ali Crawford so hopefully this might happen once raith knocked out 

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

I don't get the sudden love in for Edwards TBH. 

It's madness, he was, and is, ****in awful and nowhere near good enough to be a Hearts player.

8 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

It's madness, he was, and is, ****in awful and nowhere near good enough to be a Hearts player.

Thistle fans told me he was energetic but amazed we signed him. Down south athletic ability is more suitable for their league so can see why he has done ok there. 

14 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Nobody from Arsenal?

Now that Mcphee isn't working for us that initial link has gone.

I am sure that Savage has a far higher amount of contacts than Austin did. The loan signing of smith-brown and the winger from stoke (iirc) came through a contact of AM. So I'll have more faith in JS than AM.

Away and stalk a few people on twitter and repeatedly ask them if they signing for Hearts.  That's more your way of getting info. 

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Now that Mcphee isn't working for us that initial link has gone.

I am sure that Savage has a far higher amount of contacts than Austin did. The loan signing of smith-brown and the winger from stoke (iirc) came through a contact of AM. So I'll have more faith in JS than AM.

Away and stalk a few people on twitter and repeatedly ask them if they signing for Hearts.  That's more your way of getting info. 

😂😂😂

4 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

If you look at my post it was giving my take on your query. If we didn't want him then why make him an offer? 

If it was because we might miss out on compensation then that sort of thing works two ways.

I don't disagree with your thoughts was just offering an opinion.

Edited by wavydavy

13 hours ago, Wilson said:

I don't get the sudden love in for Edwards TBH. 

Sorry which Edwards is this you are talking about?

Tell you what, how they're keeping their transfer targets quiet is pretty impressive tbh!!

Usually its a leaky ship...

Just now, Colonel Kurtz said:

St Mirren want Popescu on loan 

I’ll get my car keys........

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***