***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

New pin the tail on the donkey list (or have some people been peeping under their blindfolds and actually know something?)

Will the first signing be any of the below?

Ginnelly

Hastie

Snodgrass

Tshimanga

Shankland

Campbell

Polwarth

Paterson
Dunne
Gibson

Hendry

Callachan

McGrandles

Ginnelly 👍

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

New pin the tail on the donkey list (or have some people been peeping under their blindfolds and actually know something?)

Will the first signing be any of the below?

Ginnelly

Hastie

Snodgrass

Tshimanga

Shankland

Campbell

Polwarth

Paterson
Dunne
Gibson

Hendry

Callachan

McGrandles

Robert Taylor from Brann was mentioned a week or two ago.

38 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Is he a boxtobox or a creative sitting type midfielder.    I watched Lincoln recently.   I didn't notice him. 

christ, was just skimming and read that as botox rather than boxtobox!

speaking to someone with links to partick tonight and he was saying that Hearts were interested in Turner but not as a starter, picked partick as they guaranteed 1st team football, and at his age that's what he needs.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Snodgrass!

:gok:

Mair chance of Budge smoking grass.

She likes a dooby with her afternoon coffee.  

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Gav M said:

christ, was just skimming and read that as botox rather than boxtobox!

speaking to someone with links to partick tonight and he was saying that Hearts were interested in Turner but not as a starter, picked partick as they guaranteed 1st team football, and at his age that's what he needs.

That’s fair enough. 

BackOfTheNet

With the latest addition of McGrandles into the ITK chattersphere, the obligatory YouTube video is needed. No highlights videos since his days at Falkirk. Was a song video from his time at MK Dons that the text on the video referred to him as “the Scottish Pirlo” hmmm...

Here’s some highlights for the rare games he scores. (He’s number 18)

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Robert Taylor from Brann was mentioned a week or two ago.

Ah, but was that a legitimate name or one of the many spat out before we knew that person would go on to spit out so many random names?

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ah, but was that a legitimate name or one of the many spat out before we knew that person would go on to spit out so many random names?

It's at least as "legitimate" as the rest of the names on your list.

Make of that what you will.

Class of 75
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

With the latest addition of McGrandles into the ITK chattersphere, the obligatory YouTube video is needed. No highlights videos since his days at Falkirk. Was a song video from his time at MK Dons that the text on the video referred to him as “the Scottish Pirlo” hmmm...

Oh great, another pub league standard player. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Is he a boxtobox or a creative sitting type midfielder.    I watched Lincoln recently.   I didn't notice him. 

Bit of an all rounder so far as I could seems comfortable on the ball and gets forwards. 

Neilson signed him for MK not sure if Savage knew him at Norwich or not.

Ticks just about every box I would think 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Can assure you its not an ITK post. Well ITK in the sense I follow football and know enough that assisting from midfield is rather important, scoring goals a bonus. 

Decent player who would complement our squad without necessarily being a star. Fair mark up on Kyle Turner though 

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Apologies if already mentioned. Ginnelly wasn't listed on the players leaving the club on the website.

Neither was Shay Logan.

Also Cochrane wasn't quoted in the same manner as Irving, in having until a certain date to respond 

Hungry hippo
3 minutes ago, ericb said:

Also Cochrane wasn't quoted in the same manner as Irving, in having until a certain date to respond 

My guess with Cochrane is that he has formally declined the offer (perhaps in writing) but Irving has left it open.

Not ITK in the slightest but that is the only explanation that makes any  sense that I can think of.

32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Bit of an all rounder so far as I could seems comfortable on the ball and gets forwards. 

Neilson signed him for MK not sure if Savage knew him at Norwich or not.

Ticks just about every box I would think 

He's an interesting prospect as an attacking midfielder.   Even if it's not reported by the club or in the grapevine. 

Trying to find his current contract length is hard.    It's under lock and key I think. 

Edited by HMFC01

If we are clever we will be waivering Cochranes development fee in return for some future sell on, buy back clauses etc.  As others have mentioned he will likely end up lower Championship so no way someone is going to pay for him.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

It's at least as "legitimate" as the rest of the names on your list.

Make of that what you will.

What I meant was that people were not just saying “wouldn’t X be a player we should be looking at?” The players I’ve listed are players that someone earlier in this thread has stated we have interest in. Whether their ITK credentials are legitimate remains to be seen of course, hence why I preface my list by saying it’s pin the tail on the donkey. But I’m pretty sure the Finnish guy was just a random name plucked out of thin air by sidewaysfitba. (Could be wrong)

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Can assure you its not an ITK post. Well ITK in the sense I follow football and know enough that assisting from midfield is rather important, scoring goals a bonus. 

Decent player who would complement our squad without necessarily being a star. Fair mark up on Kyle Turner though 

Just included his name as Jamboj1 seemed to have perked up at the mention. 😉

Aussie Jambo

Is it just me or did I already see somewhere that Ginnelly had already signed for us? I swear I saw something on Farcebook. 

Or is it the matrix Hearts team?

****ing alternate realities. 🙄

tenor.gif?itemid=10198268

Aussie Jambo
3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

U19's player.

Cheers for that. Truly never heard of him as none of the previous managers like to play anyone much ‘under 19’. So that probably why I don’t know him. 😂😂

Thanks 👍 Arthur Morgan. 

Ainsley Harriott
7 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Scottish Pirlo sounds like an upgrade on the porty one.

CloustonHMFC
6 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

My guess with Cochrane is that he has formally declined the offer (perhaps in writing) but Irving has left it open.

Not ITK in the slightest but that is the only explanation that makes any  sense that I can think of.

This is the reason for the clarification in the article. Cochrane has officially declined our contract offer, Irving hasn't. I fully expect Irving to be leaving in a fortnight, though.

Leveins Battalion

Conor McGrandles would be an excellent signing.Many Lincoln fans player of the season.

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Oh great, another pub league standard player. 

Probably around the same level as McEneff. 

Could do a job but do we want to start the season with him in the middle? Not so sure. 

2 announced this week

Ginelly first.

Then a big name by end of the week.

That’s my randomly generated guess anyway. 

Edited by Zen Jambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

He's an interesting prospect as an attacking midfielder.   Even if it's not reported by the club or in the grapevine. 

Trying to find his current contract length is hard.    It's under lock and key I think. 

Only signed last summer, but its Lincoln on a free, not likely to be big bucks. There could be plenty others out there similar, just very much fits the profile and admired but Neilson and possibly Savage, dont know the timeline for Savage at Norwich though

Bazzas right boot

So in summary folk would like players in but-

No to old players from a higher level. 

No to young players from lower level. 

No to players from the pub leagues in England. 

No journeyman 

No to Griffiths 

Who do we want? 

"we don't know, but we want it now". 

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No journeyman 

No to Griffiths 

Who do we want? 

I liked the 'pin the tail on the donkey' idea.... can we do that?

Selkirkhmfc1874

No journeyman 

No to Griffiths 

Who do we want? 

That's what football supporters do on a fans forum isn't it? All about opinions

9 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

More likely that Cochrane's options would be severely limited should we ask for a development fee where with Irving clubs are more likely to sign him even with the development fee 

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No journeyman 

No to Griffiths 

Who do we want? 

Who do we want? Going by this forum it seems ex-players... 👀 

Under the floodlight

No journeyman 

No to Griffiths 

Who do we want? 

Ask ten members of any organisation what they want, you'll never get consensus, throw in the trolls and sham Hearts supporters and opinions differ even more. I choose to take most things on here with a pinch of salt. I am hoping Joe can spot good players, only time will tell though.

StevenNaismith

Ginnelly is due a payment from Preston when his contract runs out which is why we won’t be announcing anything with him until he receives it. 

4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Ginnelly is due a payment from Preston when his contract runs out which is why we won’t be announcing anything with him until he receives it. 

Similar to Naisy a couple of years ago then

Under the floodlight
16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's all down to Joe because, as history will tell us, those who previously scouted/signed players would have difficulty picking out the fluff from their belly buttons. 

Mon the Savage.:yas:

PortyJambo
8 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Is it just me or did I already see somewhere that Ginnelly had already signed for us? I swear I saw something on Farcebook. 

Or is it the matrix Hearts team?

****ing alternate realities. 🙄

tenor.gif?itemid=10198268

Probably this tweet. No idea how reliable the account is though.

TyphoonJambo

I'm hoping there's some truth in the McGrandles speculation.  Tidy player,doing well in a decent team.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'm not going to apologise for never wanting the likes of Griffiths to join this club

No one is asking you to apologise, you can stand down - solider. 

Spot sarcasm and don't be so serious all the time. 👍

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I liked the 'pin the tail on the donkey' idea.... can we do that?

Bit Harsh on Popescu. 

16 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I'm hoping there's some truth in the McGrandles speculation.  Tidy player,doing well in a decent team.

Dont know the lad at all. Does he have a bit of bite too? We need guys who'll do the dirty work too, we really lack that.

Mickey, Hartley, great ball players, but God they worked their tits off too.

9 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What I meant was that people were not just saying “wouldn’t X be a player we should be looking at?” The players I’ve listed are players that someone earlier in this thread has stated we have interest in. Whether their ITK credentials are legitimate remains to be seen of course, hence why I preface my list by saying it’s pin the tail on the donkey. But I’m pretty sure the Finnish guy was just a random name plucked out of thin air by sidewaysfitba. (Could be wrong)

😉

It wasn't him. It was someone claiming to have heard it from a "reliable source".

10 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Saw a rumour about cochrane to morton but can’t see how they could afford the Development fee

BackOfTheNet
22 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

It wasn't him. It was someone claiming to have heard it from a "reliable source".

Ah well, went quiet on that front - and I did say in my original list “and those are just in the last week!” 😉

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Saw a rumour about cochrane to morton but can’t see how they could afford the Development fee

If no one else wants him, I doubt we will stop him playing football. Dont understand it myself how this came to pass, there will be those who want to knock, however Cochrane was a prize asset, they have tried multiple things, none seem to have worked.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

As it’s been said we should do a deal to have a sell on clause. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If no one else wants him, I doubt we will stop him playing football. Dont understand it myself how this came to pass, there will be those who want to knock, however Cochrane was a prize asset, they have tried multiple things, none seem to have worked.

could have tried actually giving him game time at hearts.  We seem to have this view that every single young player needs to go out on loan to get kicked by cloggers on shitty pitches. 

Maybe for some young players actually keeping them at the club, playing alongside top professionals with good technique,giving them minutes and opportunities to play at tynecastle in games where we dominate possession would be the best path. 

This view that a loan to a diddy team is some sort of right of passage is nonsense IMO. And in fact for players like Cochrane and Connor smith completely wrong. It may be fine for a kid looking to become a centre back, but for kids who are technically very good? 

Harry Cochrane I think played for us once and was pretty decent. Had some good moments for a kid who hadn’t had many minutes.

Edited by kingantti1874

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As it’s been said we should do a deal to have a sell on clause. 

Yeah Liverpool do that majority of players who leave Liverpool youth players and even first team players all have sell on clauses we should be adding them into contracts when we sell on . The issue we have we don't get to the stage of selling on the contracts are ran down and they are punted as a free agent. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***