***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Cut The Crap
13 hours ago, OTT said:

You've missed my point. 

I want the clubs mentality/culture to be, give the academy lads the opportunity to succeed first. Neilson point blank refused to give Moore any game time or opportunity to prove him wrong. He immediately signed him out of the team with two players who weren't good enough to play for Hearts. Then when that became clear he signed another two wingers (Kastaneer & GMS), neither of which hit the ground running - Kastaneer didn't even hit the ground.. 

My point is that it was disappointing to see Neilson refuse to give an opportunity to an academy graduate and waste  thousands signing players to play that position who weren't good enough either. Frear, Roberts & Kastaneer probably cost the club over £100k. Versus a young laddie who wasn't any worse and already here? Its very disheartening to see IMO. If we want to sign a player better than what we have, a prerequisite of that should be for the player to actually be better than what we have. None of those 3 were better than what we had.  

Captures perfectly Neilson’s modus operandi and why he’s not the man to take Hearts forward.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Absolute Scenes

I'd be okay with Naismith as a coach. He's a coach on the pitch whenever he plays and think he's be a good addition to the staff.

In other news though i see Dion Charles of Accrington Stanley (who are they?) has been called up by Northern Ireland. Had a wee look at him and scored 20 goals in league 1 last season and his contract expires next month. Prior to league one hasnt played at a massively high level but still only 25

Italian Lambretta
8 hours ago, sadj said:

Stevie Crawford back in 🤔🙁

Budge lining up the next manager when Bob moves on next season:qqb001:

Leveins Battalion

This season was not the season for blooding youngsters imo,we were under immense pressure both financially and from our own support to get up,it was simply about getting the job done.

Guys like Frear and Kastaneer helped get that job done and now we say cheerio.Don't see the big deal.

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, OTT said:

You've missed my point. 

I want the clubs mentality/culture to be, give the academy lads the opportunity to succeed first. Neilson point blank refused to give Moore any game time or opportunity to prove him wrong. He immediately signed him out of the team with two players who weren't good enough to play for Hearts. Then when that became clear he signed another two wingers (Kastaneer & GMS), neither of which hit the ground running - Kastaneer didn't even hit the ground.. 

My point is that it was disappointing to see Neilson refuse to give an opportunity to an academy graduate and waste  thousands signing players to play that position who weren't good enough either. Frear, Roberts & Kastaneer probably cost the club over £100k. Versus a young laddie who wasn't any worse and already here? Its very disheartening to see IMO. If we want to sign a player better than what we have, a prerequisite of that should be for the player to actually be better than what we have. None of those 3 were better than what we had.  

Agree with the jist of your point but how do you know players are worse until you sign them?

Very doubtful any manager replaces a player without thinking they are an upgrade. I don't think Robbie thought- hang on I'll replace with worse  

Frear and Roberts were better on paper, Roberts actually played well for Motherwell. Kastaneer was an emergency signing to replace Gino. 

GMS and Gino are better. 

You also completey disregard the players thoughts, Moore, who is 23 soon ( young laddie?) May have wanted to move for his long term career and move to a club where he thought he'd play more so it may have been agreed by both player and club that it was best for him to move. 

With us having or planning to have GMS and Ginnelly, not to mention Walker, white, Roberts and Haliday it is very Likley imo that Robbie and Moore both agreed it was best for both if they separated. 

It's a theme on here to completely ignore what the players may want and focus only on Hearts, same in regards to match day, not many consider the oponnent - if we press, attack and score early we'll win is the best example, Problem is the other team may not want that to happen. 

In Moores case it is very Likley he wanted  to move as he wasn't good enough to play regularly and it suited him and the club. 

section s heart
12 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I see where your coming from but maybe it's not that simple.

Frear, when I saw him at Motherwell, wasn't a bad player and  should have been good enough to do a job in the Championship. Kastaneer was a loan player, worth a punt and like Frear cost us nothing. Roberts went to Motherwell and did quite well by all accounts, so might turn out to be value in the end.

The main job was to get us out of the Championship, and relying on untried youngsters to do that was an even bigger gamble.  

Wonder about Frear and Roberts. Were they that bad or constrained by the slow build up play, usually receiving the ball wide with a full back right on them and nowhere to play the ball but sideways/ back. Roberts used in a different way proved clearly more successful at a PL club. 

Moore worked hard under Stendel, but at 21/22 now(?) never really looked the required standard to me, although Neilson could clearly have given youth more of a run, even off the bench with 30 to play, before the token appearances in the last 2/3 games of the season. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, section s heart said:

Wonder about Frear and Roberts. Were they that bad or constrained by the slow build up play, usually receiving the ball wide with a full back right on them and nowhere to play the ball but sideways/ back. Roberts used in a different way proved clearly more successful at a PL club. 

Moore worked hard under Stendel, but at 21/22 now(?) never really looked the required standard to me, although Neilson could clearly have given youth more of a run, even off the bench with 30 to play, before the token appearances in the last 2/3 games of the season. 

You think a guy that is 22 would have been happy with-

"we've signed a few players in your position but don't worry we'll give you 20/30 mins here and there and then a few token appearances from the bench" 

As my post above, the player would have been wanting to move and we agreed. 

All parties happy. 

section s heart
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You think a guy that is 22 would have been happy with-

"we've signed a few players in your position but don't worry we'll give you 20/30 mins here and there and then a few token appearances from the bench" 

As my post above, the player would have been wanting to move and we agreed. 

All parties happy. 

I was meaning younger guys than Moore, as I'm not sure he is/ was good enough. 

14 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This season was not the season for blooding youngsters imo,we were under immense pressure both financially and from our own support to get up,it was simply about getting the job done.

Guys like Frear and Kastaneer helped get that job done and now we say cheerio.Don't see the big deal.

Kind of get what you're saying but don't agree really.  I think the decisions around youngsters was tricky for other reasons.

Basically there was no reserve or u18 football so any players we kept could only play first team football.  The decision on most youngsters was that they'd play more out on loan (in theory - doesn't always pan out like that).  I totally get that decision with 90% of the loans.

My issue is that this means we didn't keep a single youngster with the intention of playing them.  That means a) they're not good enough and that's a wee worry or b) Robbie wasn't brave enough to rely on a single young player beyond already experienced Irving and bit-part Hendo, another worry.

If Robbie didn't think Cammy Logan or Connor Smith would get 10-15 appearances for us this season.  If he thought we wouldn't be enough in control given what else we had in the squad to even accommodate them if they didn't smash it.  If he didn't believe he could get the best out of them and get them to a level that Frear and Roberts have ever played at, never mind Kastaneer, that's my biggest concern.

Yes, getting out of the league was number 1 priority.  Hindsight is also wonderful and I'm not one for throwing every signing at the clubs face (we've signed some good players this last year and not all will hit the mark: for Frear, read GMS; for Roberts, read McEneff... we've signed guys who are more than capable in top league too).  But the fact is unless we have a manager brave enough to play the kids and confident enough in his own ability to turn them in to stars, we won't move on.

Jury out.  Let's see this season.

A_A wehatethehibs
13 minutes ago, section s heart said:

I was meaning younger guys than Moore, as I'm not sure he is/ was good enough. 

Putting a youngster into the first team is already difficult to get him up to a competitive standard even when he’s playing at his youth level games and at full fitness looking sharp in those games. Even reserve games, first team games at a club of this magnitude where the demands are highare a huge jump from there to get up to speed for a kid. 

Doing that when the young player has not kicked a ball in 8-9 months as there’s no youth or reserve football? Piss take to even suggest it. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Kind of get what you're saying but don't agree really.  I think the decisions around youngsters was tricky for other reasons.

Basically there was no reserve or u18 football so any players we kept could only play first team football.  The decision on most youngsters was that they'd play more out on loan (in theory - doesn't always pan out like that).  I totally get that decision with 90% of the loans.

My issue is that this means we didn't keep a single youngster with the intention of playing them.  That means a) they're not good enough and that's a wee worry or b) Robbie wasn't brave enough to rely on a single young player beyond already experienced Irving and bit-part Hendo, another worry.

If Robbie didn't think Cammy Logan or Connor Smith would get 10-15 appearances for us this season.  If he thought we wouldn't be enough in control given what else we had in the squad to even accommodate them if they didn't smash it.  If he didn't believe he could get the best out of them and get them to a level that Frear and Roberts have ever played at, never mind Kastaneer, that's my biggest concern.

Yes, getting out of the league was number 1 priority.  Hindsight is also wonderful and I'm not one for throwing every signing at the clubs face (we've signed some good players this last year and not all will hit the mark: for Frear, read GMS; for Roberts, read McEneff... we've signed guys who are more than capable in top league too).  But the fact is unless we have a manager brave enough to play the kids and confident enough in his own ability to turn them in to stars, we won't move on.

Fair comments.  Clubs like Hearts can't survive on the transfer market alone.  We need to be bringing in a couple of youngsters every season at least.    Your point about the manager is spot on.  He needs to be brave and he also needs to instil confidence in the players he is bringing in to the team.  

Batistuta87
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's ridiculous. 

Folk say the club lacks ambition, RN won't take us forward, we should be 3rd.

Then champion players like Moore. 

Howling. 

Lots of concerns and issues but Moore wasn't one of them. 

Far from championing Moore myself, but the fact that he wasn't even given a sniff of a chance when all the other wingers were so pish was howling patter from Robbie, and reeked of sheer stubborn-ness on his part. Nothing to lose by sticking him in the team to see how he got on. Think he got 1 game this season and don't actually think he was that bad in it, but he vanished, never to be seen again. He must live near me because I used to bump into him most Saturdays on a run or a cycle - to the point where we started giving each other a wee nod - so he obviously wasn't even at the games, never mind making it onto the bench or at least being present and part of the team.   

RustyRightPeg
9 hours ago, sadj said:

Stevie Crawford back in 🤔🙁

Not a bad thing. Crawf was well thought of first time round. Would be happy with that.

17 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Last season wasn’t the time to play youngsters imo. For chunks of the season they were barely training never mind playing because of the COVID restrictions. None of them even managed to have a decent pre-season last summer then they went almost 12 months without a competitive game. The Smiths and Logan’s were only training once a week at one point of the season because of the restrictions. The effect the restrictions had on them became very evident when they couldn’t get decent game time at Arbroath and Cove. To suggest putting them into our first team at any point last season would have been tantamount to potential career-ending performances not to mention them, and the academy, getting crucified on here

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Last season wasn’t the time to play youngsters imo. For chunks of the season they were barely training never mind playing because of the COVID restrictions. None of them even managed to have a decent pre-season last summer then they went almost 12 months without a competitive game. The Smiths and Logan’s were only training once a week at one point of the season because of the restrictions. The effect the restrictions had on them became very evident when they couldn’t get decent game time at Arbroath and Cove. To suggest putting them into our first team at any point last season would have been tantamount to potential career-ending performances not to mention them, and the academy, getting crucified on here

I agree. The confusing thing for me is Connor Smith, thrown very much in the deep end away at Easter road, held his own and did probably more than was expected of a 17 year old starting his first game in professional football never mind a derby but then Levein banishes him back to 20s and he’s not been seen since. Is there something we’re missing?

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I agree. The confusing thing for me is Connor Smith, thrown very much in the deep end away at Easter road, held his own and did probably more than was expected of a 17 year old starting his first game in professional football never mind a derby but then Levein banishes him back to 20s and he’s not been seen since. Is there something we’re missing?

Yes there is, football knowledge 

It's dubious logic to say that because Kastaneer, Frear, and Roberts didn't do too well we should have played Moore, and that this shows something lacking with Neilson.  If you said 'The fact that we brought in Ginelly and Gary Mackay Steven, when we should have given Moore a chance, shows phoodle is pish' your view would be rightly dismissed.

It's simple really.  Moore didn't look good enough and we let him go on loan as he wasn't getting opportunities to play.  The wingers brought in - during a pandemic, while we were in the championship - were a mixed bag but were ultimately very low risk. (the angle that we have wasted lots on these guys is pretty weird).  Moore showed nothing in his loan spell to evidence he should have stayed.  We are now going into the prem with enough flexibility in the squad to bring in 1 or 2 wide players.  If we brought in, let's say, Ginnelly and Hastie/Middleton/a reasonably exciting young prospect with more experience than Moore, I think everyone will be happy.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Far from championing Moore myself, but the fact that he wasn't even given a sniff of a chance when all the other wingers were so pish was howling patter from Robbie, and reeked of sheer stubborn-ness on his part. Nothing to lose by sticking him in the team to see how he got on. Think he got 1 game this season and don't actually think he was that bad in it, but he vanished, never to be seen again. He must live near me because I used to bump into him most Saturdays on a run or a cycle - to the point where we started giving each other a wee nod - so he obviously wasn't even at the games, never mind making it onto the bench or at least being present and part of the team.   

Hardly lost up to New Year, Dunfermline only defeat in 90 minutes, not sure there was any need to play Moore who clearly hadnt impressed. Do you honestly believe had he been doing better than these players he would not have been given a chance?  I think most punters forget coaches see these players every day and need to rely upon and trust them to get the job done, its not a case of appeasement to supporters

davemclaren

Raith Rovers want Scott Robinson, the 29-year-old striker who left Livingston before the end of the season, to bolster their Scottish Championship promotion hopes. (Daily Record)

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I freely admit my football knowledge could be better. I've always wondered why young guys get chucked in for a game then seem to not play again for ages. McGill, C Smith, Moore etc. Why do we do this?

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

It's dubious logic to say that because Kastaneer, Frear, and Roberts didn't do too well we should have played Moore, and that this shows something lacking with Neilson.  If you said 'The fact that we brought in Ginelly and Gary Mackay Steven, when we should have given Moore a chance, shows phoodle is pish' your view would be rightly dismissed.

It's simple really.  Moore didn't look good enough and we let him go on loan as he wasn't getting opportunities to play.  The wingers brought in - during a pandemic, while we were in the championship - were a mixed bag but were ultimately very low risk. (the angle that we have wasted lots on these guys is pretty weird).  Moore showed nothing in his loan spell to evidence he should have stayed.  We are now going into the prem with enough flexibility in the squad to bring in 1 or 2 wide players.  If we brought in, let's say, Ginnelly and Hastie/Middleton/a reasonably exciting young prospect with more experience than Moore, I think everyone will be happy.

Folk forget Walker and Wighton as well. Neilson gave both of them “their chance” and both looked alright in spells first half for the season. Despite falling away later in the season and being binned entirely in Wightons case. Should he have played Moore ahead of them? 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Raith Rovers want Scott Robinson, the 29-year-old striker who left Livingston before the end of the season, to bolster their Scottish Championship promotion hopes. (Daily Record)

Was mentioned earlier in the thread that he had fallen out with Martindale. Would have though he'd have suitors in the SPL. 

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Folk forget Walker and Wighton as well. Neilson gave both of them “their chance” and both looked alright in spells first half for the season. Despite falling away later in the season and being binned entirely in Wightons case. Should he have played Moore ahead of them? 

Aye, exactly.  Moore is a very strange point to criticise the management on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I freely admit my football knowledge could be better. I've always wondered why young guys get chucked in for a game then seem to not play again for ages. McGill, C Smith, Moore etc. Why do we do this?

Could be for a multitude of reasons. Can be quite circumstantial, trust I think is the key thing, that they will be able to carry out a job. Sadly a lot of these guys are victims of the type of Leagues we have in Scotland, small, repetitive and physical. Its not the best for youngsters, and they have to be able to handle a variety of things, concentration on what they do away from the ball is important. I think because we really mostly watch Hearts and not really concentrate on other teams, these are Hearts problems, they absolutely are not, they are national

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There’s any number of things it could be. Could just be a guarantee of minimum of 1 first team opportunity between certain age brackets for certain youth players contracts. Could be that said youth player was doing well in training but did not meet expectations in the game, missing certain technical ingredients when analysed, that fans don’t see, taking up wrong positions or playing the wrong passes at the wrong time. Player development is quite a complicated business. Or it could be that a senior players took a knock just before the game so the manager just gambled. Or any number of other reasons. Who knows? 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was mentioned earlier in the thread that he had fallen out with Martindale. Would have though he'd have suitors in the SPL. 

You would have thought so.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Could be for a multitude of reasons. Can be quite circumstantial, trust I think is the key thing, that they will be able to carry out a job. Sadly a lot of these guys are victims of the type of Leagues we have in Scotland, small, repetitive and physical. Its not the best for youngsters, and they have to be able to handle a variety of things, concentration on what they do away from the ball is important. I think because we really mostly watch Hearts and not really concentrate on other teams, these are Hearts problems, they absolutely are not, they are national

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There’s any number of things it could be. Could just be a guarantee of minimum of 1 first team opportunity between certain age brackets for certain youth players contracts. Could be that said youth player was doing well in training but did not meet expectations in the game, missing certain technical ingredients when analysed, that fans don’t see, taking up wrong positions or playing the wrong passes at the wrong time. Player development is quite a complicated business. Or it could be that a senior players took a knock just before the game so the manager just gambled. Or any number of other reasons. Who knows? 

Thanks for replies. 

RustyRightPeg
21 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Are you getting wide or is it a dig at CL?

CloustonHMFC

Best of luck to Lewis Moore, wherever he ends up. With no disrespect to lad though, he is not good enough for Hearts. IMO he didn't particularly impress under DS like folk are saying. He ran himself into the ground chasing down balls etc because that is what was asked of him but there was a clear lack of quality. That would not have worked in the championship and he would not have done any better than those who did play. Best for all parties for him to move on.

Batistuta87

7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Wighton is another strange one for me. I'm not saying he's a superstar or that we're really missed him or anything, but in hindsight, I'm not really sure it was necessary to punt him and sign Gnanduillet because there's little to no difference between the two in terms of their effectiveness and actually Wighton has finished the season with a higher goal per game ratio. Surely would have seen us over the line just as well as Gnando has, and makes him look like a bit of an unnecessary expense? Also feel that if we had waited until now to sign our big target man that we might have signed someone with a bit more quality...

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Wighton is another strange one for me. I'm not saying he's a superstar or that we're really missed him or anything, but in hindsight, I'm not really sure it was necessary to punt him and sign Gnanduillet because there's little to no difference between the two in terms of their effectiveness and actually Wighton has finished the season with a higher goal per game ratio. Surely would have seen us over the line just as well as Gnando has, and makes him look like a bit of an unnecessary expense? Also feel that if we had waited until now to sign our big target man that we might have signed someone with a bit more quality...

Agree, some won't hear it because of his awful penalty in the SC Final, but Wighton was very effective for us this season, I think he should have at least stayed until the end of the season.

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Wighton was given a chance because he done ok with Arbroath,  and then subsequently correctly binned from the club.

A joke to be comparing him with Gnanduillet. There’s no comparison there. Wighton will never be good enough physically for the top 6 in Scotland let alone to play in england. Gnando is a big big upgrade on Wighton, scored a lot of goals at a level above where Wighton will ever get in his career. 

David Black
3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Good points but Sounds like a space for Naismith has appeared?

That's my take on it as well.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Wighton was given a chance because he done ok with Arbroath,  and then subsequently correctly binned from the club.

A joke to be comparing him with Gnanduillet. There’s no comparison there. Wighton will never be good enough physically for the top 6 in Scotland let alone to play in england. Gnando is a big big upgrade on Wighton, scored a lot of goals at a level above where Wighton will ever get in his career. 

At the risk of praising Wighton, he has scored goals in the SPl whereas Gnando has never done it above League One in England.

Wighton has already played at a level above the big man.

A_A wehatethehibs

12 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Agree, some won't hear it because of his awful penalty in the SC Final, but Wighton was very effective for us this season, I think he should have at least stayed until the end of the season.

He was absolutely shite against Alloa when we crashed out, and shite away at Dundee which proved to be his last game, he was swiftly emptied after that. In the context of the previous 2 years of non contribution? Pish player. 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

At the risk of praising Wighton, he has scored goals in the SPl whereas Gnando has never done it above League One in England.

Wighton has already played at a level above the big man.

He has played in the SPL and been absolute pish there. Average for a relegated Dundee side then came to hearts and was woeful. What the **** is going on with the Wighton love in in this thread?! Guy is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for Hearts. Have folk just forgot the previous 2 years he was here?? Pathetic excuse for a footballer. Some impact he had at Dunfermline as well eh. Shite 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He was absolutely shite against Alloa when we crashed out, and shite away at Dundee which proved to be his last game, he was swiftly emptied after that. In the context of the previous 2 years of non contribution? Pish player. 

The man is garbage but that game against Dundee was terrible. Midfield bypassed with longballs upto a lone Wighton all game.

Shouldn't be judged there.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, 151 said:

The man is garbage but that game against Dundee was terrible. Midfield bypassed with longballs upto a lone Wighton all game.

Shouldn't be judged there.

Think he gets a bit of a sympathy vote because every fan felt for him when he missed the pen against Celtic. But it’s about a lot more than that, Wighton was absolutely crap over his time at Hearts end of. Just another in a long list of pathetic, mentally weak players signed by Levein which got us relegated. 

It just shows how far we have fallen when we have some praising Wighton's performances. Compared to some of the other players in the team yes he may have shown up favourably but lets not kid ourselves he was good enough to be a Hearts player.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Scored goals and actually stretched teams with his pace. Had bad games, sure, but was by no means the worst in the team at Alloa or Dundee. We could have used the goals he scored for Dunfermline in the second half of the season. Not sure how his previous 2 seasons are relevant to assessing this seasons performance from him. Probably not good enough for the next level but when we were playing Ewan Henderson up top it did make me wonder why we emptied him.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Mentioned above, maybe Moore wanted first team football and more chance of a game. 

Likley been a conversation about the future, signing etc and both agreed it was best. 

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Think he gets a bit of a sympathy vote because every fan felt for him when he missed the pen against Celtic. But it’s about a lot more than that, Wighton was absolutely crap over his time at Hearts end of. Just another in a long list of pathetic, mentally weak players signed by Levein which got us relegated. 

Well here’s one fan that didn’t feel for him. He’s a striker against a rookie goalie in a must score situation and takes a really poor kick. He will never get a better chance of being a hero and he blew it. I am still gutted that we didn’t win the cup that day.

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He has played in the SPL and been absolute pish there. Average for a relegated Dundee side then came to hearts and was woeful. What the **** is going on with the Wighton love in in this thread?! Guy is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for Hearts. Have folk just forgot the previous 2 years he was here?? Pathetic excuse for a footballer. Some impact he had at Dunfermline as well eh. Shite 

6 goals in 10 for Dunfermline

Gnando got 5 in 13 for Hearts

🤷‍♀️

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Scored goals and actually stretched teams with his pace. Had bad games, sure, but was by no means the worst in the team at Alloa or Dundee. We could have used the goals he scored for Dunfermline in the second half of the season. Not sure how his previous 2 seasons are relevant to assessing this seasons performance from him. Probably not good enough for the next level but when we were playing Ewan Henderson up top it did make me wonder why we emptied him.

”stretched teams with his pace” you are taking the piss surely. 

Absolutely delighted Neilson emptied Wighton in order to give our more athletic, faster, Hearts academy youngster Henderson more opportunities. I can demonstrate that by showing you Henderson’s increased game time after Wighton left. Take a look yourself. Henderson is the reason Wighton was emptied, not Gnanduillet imo. L And he has started to rise as well with 2-3 great performances, a shame there weren’t more games but could be a surprise package next season. Have a feeling Hendo will go on to have a better career than Wighton.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

🤷‍♀️

You need to include assists 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

🤷‍♀️

He has already failed miserably in the top flight. Gnando hasn't and maybe won't.

gorgieheart

so, apart from arguing about players we have released, are there any actual Transfer rumours ?  Speculation  ?  Hints, clues ? 

Nothing  ? 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

”stretched teams with his pace” you are taking the piss surely. 

Absolutely delighted Neilson emptied Wighton in order to give our more athletic, faster, Hearts academy youngster Henderson more opportunities. I can demonstrate that by showing you Henderson’s increased game time after Wighton left. Take a look yourself. Henderson is the reason Wighton was emptied, not Gnanduillet imo. L And he has started to rise as well with 2-3 great performances, a shame there weren’t more games but could be a surprise package next season. Have a feeling Hendo will go on to have a better career than Wighton.

Obviously didn't watch many of the games this season did you? Henderson only played because Wighton left. If he thought so highly of Hendo, why didn't he play him ahead of Wighton when he was still at the club? That's right, because Wighton is a better player. Maybe Hendo will go on to have a good career, and I very much hope he does at Hearts. But you're totally deluded if you can't admit that Wighton was at least decent in the first half of the season, and would have been of some use in the run in. Again, not saying Wighton is a world beater, or even a good player of the standard of our club, but he was decent this season, and made a difference in some games.

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He has already failed miserably in the top flight. Gnando hasn't and maybe won't.

I deal in facts, not guesswork*

*on this occasion :lol:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***