***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But we KNOW he’s tactically inept and we KNOW he’s useless when it comes to nurturing youngsters (McGlynn and Locke were far better and he inherited their work). And the thing is I wasn’t having a go at Neilson when I was talking about Irving, I was having a go at Scottish football in general when it comes to coaching youth. There’s an argument that society is to blame, the cheeky wee Nandos culture and thinking they’ve made it with their first contract, but other countries can deal with egos and still instil that work ethic. Granted some assumptions are being made, but unless we are players on the forum you’re effectively saying no one who posts here can deduct or form an opinion based on what they see on the pitch and how players react to him in comparison to other managers or other players on other teams. If we’re going down that route we need to lock the forum and only let players post.

For all Neilson’s faults I can’t put the youth at his door for last season.  I believe the general consensus is there isn’t really anybody ready or worth playing coming through.  Particularly against the backdrop of Covid protocols, lack of youth games, the pressure to get promoted, the toughness of the league we were in. 

We played Irving, Henderson and McGill made the odd cameo. I’m not really sure who else he was supposed to bring in to that environment that would have aided their development and helped us get results.

I’m all for having a go at his tinkering, playing players out of position, pace of the build up etc but I’m not sure what he can be expected to do with youth last season.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

19 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I suggest you leave the forum then. As since you’re not a player, coach or manager at Hearts anything you post about the club is merely opinion based on assumption. 

Unless you purely come onto this forum to get annoyed at people who come onto a forum to say things that a forum was designed for, which is to discuss and give opinions on a subject. Do you go to musician forums and complain that people weren’t in the studio? Do you go to movie forums and complain that the people posting weren’t on set?

Strange behaviour. You’re basically this guy...

I’m not trawling back through posts. However, every time some one pulls out this doozie, I know it’s good. 

I don’t want f**cking guitar lessons. 

Get out now, @BackOfTheNet, and find a brick wall to bang yer heid off instead. 

He's "not a Neilson fan, the football was poor last time and this, he lacks personality and wouldn't have been my (his) choice".

Yet, if any post criticises or questions Neilson's continued presence, he's on it like a fly on a jam jar.

You can't win. 

No one can against the corkscrew logic of Al, Tosh and Talk.

19 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I suggest you leave the forum then. As since you’re not a player, coach or manager at Hearts anything you post about the club is merely opinion based on assumption. 

Unless you purely come onto this forum to get annoyed at people who come onto a forum to say things that a forum was designed for, which is to discuss and give opinions on a subject. Do you go to musician forums and complain that people weren’t in the studio? Do you go to movie forums and complain that the people posting weren’t on set?

Strange behaviour. You’re basically this guy...

They also go on forums to discuss posts and not posters.

What you said earlier was

to make the step up they need proper coaching at both youth and first team level. For as much people on here don’t like him, Stendel would be far better for Irving than Neilson is. We all know Neilson has limitations, so wouldn’t surprise me if Irving himself knows this

I would venture to suggest you are presenting this as fact rather than opinion and yet, on your own admission,  you have no knowledge/experience of what happens on the training ground.

If we are to get personal I'd say you were trying to ingratiate yourself with the moaning herd and didn't have a scrap of substance to support your theories.

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

For all Neilson’s faults I can’t put the youth at his door for last season.  I believe the general consensus is there isn’t really anybody ready or worth playing coming through.  Particularly against the backdrop of Covid protocols, lack of youth games, the pressure to get promoted, the toughness of the league we were in. 

We played Irving, Henderson and McGill made the odd cameo. I’m not really sure who else he was supposed to bring in to that environment that would have aided their development and helped us get results.

I’m all for having a go at his tinkering, playing players out of position, pace of the build up etc but I’m not sure what he can be expected to do with youth last season.

Again, my original point was lack of coaching ability, particularly of youth, in Scotland in general. Neilson was mentioned as he has a different approach (by all accounts) than a man manager like a Stendel or continental managers. Wouldn’t say I’d blame him for youth not coming through, but I would say that a better manager could have won that league with more points with a few less old pros and more younger players. Logan is the one everyone bangs on about, if there ever was a time to have him in the side it was last season. Even if backup to Smith once Brandon got injured. Neilson suffers from what most managers in Scotland do and that is to put old experienced heads, even if limited, in “to do a job” that will get he team over the line. Nothing wrong with that per se, but certain other managers would’ve used last season as an opportunity to see how youth would do. Not all at once, of course.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

He did involve those three, McGill dropped out the equation early. Irving didn’t start in the team, had a few good games further forward and then was played just in front of the defence passing sideways as there was no movement ahead, then dropped. Henderson was played out of position wide and then eventually through the middle a few times. 
Moore did ok in the top league and would’ve been as good as Frear/Roberts/Kastaneer, as would Morrison. 
Cammy Logan went on loan and didn’t play, probably could’ve played the five games Shay did. 
He has no interest in playing youth, never has, never will. 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

They also go on forums to discuss posts and not posters.

What you said earlier was

to make the step up they need proper coaching at both youth and first team level. For as much people on here don’t like him, Stendel would be far better for Irving than Neilson is. We all know Neilson has limitations, so wouldn’t surprise me if Irving himself knows this

I would venture to suggest you are presenting this as fact rather than opinion and yet, on your own admission,  you have no knowledge/experience of what happens on the training ground.

If we are to get personal I'd say you were trying to ingratiate yourself with the moaning herd and didn't have a scrap of substance to support your theories.

Well that’s not getting personal as it’s a very general assumption you’ve made. Ironically enough.

We DO all know Neilson has his limitations though. Half the managers in the Championship sussed him out and he had no plan B. He’d change it for the next game, maybe get a decent win but then by the following game the next one gets used to his tactics. He can only play with certain formations, with certain player types. That’s being limited. He’s proved his limitations with us, MK Dons and Dundee United. If he didn’t have limitations he’d be managing at a higher level, surely? So the fact that Neilson is limited is indeed that, a fact.

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, martoon said:

He's "not a Neilson fan, the football was poor last time and this, he lacks personality and wouldn't have been my (his) choice".

Yet, if any post criticises or questions Neilson's continued presence, he's on it like a fly on a jam jar.

You can't win. 

Thing is I’m not looking “to win”. No skin off my nose how this goes. Maybe angry at guitar lessons man are, right enough.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well that’s not getting personal as it’s a very general assumption you’ve made. Ironically enough.

We DO all know Neilson has his limitations though. Half the managers in the Championship sussed him out and he had no plan B. He’d change it for the next game, maybe get a decent win but then by the following game the next one gets used to his tactics. He can only play with certain formations, with certain player types. That’s being limited. He’s proved his limitations with us, MK Dons and Dundee United. If he didn’t have limitations he’d be managing at a higher level, surely? So the fact that Neilson is limited is indeed that, a fact.

He did have a plan b tbf. Wait till we are a goal down and chuck on all your attacking players off the bench. The fact that plan b quite often worked better than his original plan speaks volumes. 

Rogue Daddy
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Again, my original point was lack of coaching ability, particularly of youth, in Scotland in general. Neilson was mentioned as he has a different approach (by all accounts) than a man manager like a Stendel or continental managers. Wouldn’t say I’d blame him for youth not coming through, but I would say that a better manager could have won that league with more points with a few less old pros and more younger players. Logan is the one everyone bangs on about, if there ever was a time to have him in the side it was last season. Even if backup to Smith once Brandon got injured. Neilson suffers from what most managers in Scotland do and that is to put old experienced heads, even if limited, in “to do a job” that will get he team over the line. Nothing wrong with that per se, but certain other managers would’ve used last season as an opportunity to see how youth would do. Not all at once, of course.

Yeah, as someone else said earlier, if he didn’t start youngsters in the Championship, he’s hardly going to take a chance in the Premier. We shall see. Hopefully Logan gets a chance, quite keen to see how he performs in the first team!

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well, assuming half of the managers suss him out in similar fashion next season I cannot wait  to see the flag being unfurled at Tynie, followed by a European trip.

Are you trying to divert away from your coaching theories now to discuss RN's managerial record?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Of course, you lack an inch or two son, could just be a polite way of telling him yer pish. 

I mean managers in all walks of life tell it straight dont they?

14 minutes ago, martoon said:

You can't win. 

You obviously lack the comprehension skill that would allow you to see that I am neither seeking to defend nor enhance RN's case.

My gripe was someone speculating on what he thinks happens re coaching without any substance.

As regards Neilson's continued presence I am already on record as saying I would prefer Alex Neil with Colin Cameron as his assistant.

Can I suggest therefore that you do your trolling elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You obviously lack the comprehension skill that would allow you to see that I am neither seeking to defend nor enhance RN's case.

My gripe was someone speculating on what he thinks happens re coaching without any substance.

As regards Neilson's continued presence I am already on record as saying I would prefer Alex Neil with Colin Cameron as his assistant.

Managers should select their own assistants. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Managers should select their own assistants. 

Agreed.

Only saying what I personally would be pleased with.

BackOfTheNet
21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Well, assuming half of the managers suss him out in similar fashion next season I cannot wait  to see the flag being unfurled at Tynie, followed by a European trip.

Are you trying to divert away from your coaching theories now to discuss RN's managerial record?

What are you babbling on about? It’s like you are quoting me but replying to someone else’s post.

BackOfTheNet
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You’re annoyed at me saying what I think about football on a football forum, but then go on to say that you prefer (by way of a thought process l would imagine, therefore you THINK) Neil and Cameron. Glad that’s cleared that up.

5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

What a signing that would be. Superb wee player. I remember him coming on as a sub against us and thinking "oh no..." - and I was right, because he ripped our defence to shreds. 

Have a feeling they'd want upwards of £500k for him though, which we wouldn't be able to afford, and he'll be on decent money for his age. 

Mikey Johnstone has only played 8 games this season due to injury and unfortunately had quite a few injuries in his short career, Tims really rate him and he’ll not be going out on loan- especially to us.

16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What are you babbling on about? It’s like you are quoting me but replying to someone else’s post.

I would presume he is saying that we won the league easily despite you saying other managers sussed him out. So if Premier managers suss him out as well as the championship ones we will have a great season 

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

My reading and comprehension are just fine, Al.

My reading and comprehension was also fine when you backed Levein to the hilt.

No, I probably can’t find a post of yours that says "I back Levein" or "I back Neilson" because you are never that explicit. That way you can twist and turn at a later date, jump off your flogged, dead horse and jump on the right one.

I would say jump on the winner but no Hearts fan is under this regime.

However, it's there, laced throughout a thousand posts or more, that Levein, and now Neilson, are the dead horses you've been flogging.

I haven't forgotten your threat, on Levein's part, that he could take legal action against me for negative  comments I've made about him.

Have you?

2 hours ago, Barack said:

That's probably a good shout. Less travelling for wee Harold too.

Unlikely though, with us due a development fee. I doubt many teams will want to pay it - I'm sure some negotiations will go on this summer by all teams over such fees and maybe a "notional" fee plus massive sell-on % may swing some such deals

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Killie letting Dikamona go 

upgrade on Popescu

jesus no. He is better than popescu but absolutely no

Edited by kingantti1874

34 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You losing the place?

Rick Sanchez

Dikamona :laugh: 

We need to be moving forward and that's exactly what will happen with Savage. Do some people want us to repeat the same mistakes? I've seen Clare mentioned as well 🤦‍♂️

11 minutes ago, martoon said:

My reading and comprehension are just fine, Al.

My reading and comprehension was also fine when you backed Levein to the hilt.

No, I probably can’t find a post of yours that says "I back Levein" or "I back Neilson" because you are never that explicit. That way you can twist and turn at a later date, jump off your flogged, dead horse and jump on the right one.

I would say jump on the winner but no Hearts fan is under this regime.

However, it's there, laced throughout a thousand posts or more, that Levein, and now Neilson, are the dead horses you've been flogging.

I haven't forgotten your threat, on Levein's part, that he could take legal action against me for negative  comments I've made about him.

Have you?

Is that what your intervention was about?  BTW I did not issue a THREAT.  I am not in a position to issue THREATS on CL's behalf, nor would I want to.

I did not back Levein.  I did say he was devastated by injuries at a time when he was top of the League and who knows?  That's hardly a ringing endorsement but is a matter of fact.  So again your comprehension skills are lacking.

I can however now see why you keep trolling. 

Jeffros Furios
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Is that what your intervention was about?  BTW I did not issue a THREAT.  I am not in a position to issue THREATS on CL's behalf, nor would I want to.

I did not back Levein.  I did say he was devastated by injuries at a time when he was top of the League and who knows?  That's hardly a ringing endorsement but is a matter of fact.  So again your comprehension skills are lacking.

I can however now see why you keep trolling. 

Al you don't half slaver some shite .

BackOfTheNet
35 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I would presume he is saying that we won the league easily despite you saying other managers sussed him out. So if Premier managers suss him out as well as the championship ones we will have a great season 

But winning that league easily with the players we had was a given. Like when Deila won the league with Celtic, that had very little to do with him, but the squad and the budget. We could and should have won that Championship at a much greater length with much greater ease.

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Talking about that, how are you keeping?

Who were you before?

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But winning that league easily with the players we had was a given. Like when Deila won the league with Celtic, that had very little to do with him, but the squad and the budget. We could and should have won that Championship at a much greater length with much greater ease.

With better coaching we could have had 81 :gok:points

Jeffros Furios
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Talking about that, how are you keeping?

Who were you before?

Are you and the weird boot fella some sort of item ? 

Batistuta87
54 minutes ago, adam1998 said:

Mikey Johnstone has only played 8 games this season due to injury and unfortunately had quite a few injuries in his short career, Tims really rate him and he’ll not be going out on loan- especially to us.

Aw aye don't get me wrong we're not getting him 😂

9 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

😄

Batistuta87

Dikamona.....Come on 🤦🏻

I'd rather throw Boyce in at centre back.

Edited by Batistuta87

22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I can however now see why you keep trolling

:rofl:

Al, you're priceless. 

Edited by martoon

9 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Who were you before?

1 minute ago, martoon said:

:rofl:

Al, your priceless. 

I have been told that many times.  More than I can say about you.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I have been told that many times.  More than I can say about you.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can believe that, Al.

Jeffros Furios
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Who were you before?

Before when ?? 

Al don't worry one day they WILL drop 😀

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

With better coaching we could have had 81 :gok:points

I’ve said before I don’t know if it was Crawford, Levein or a lucky group of players at his disposal but his first season was a fluke. Haven’t always said this, have only said it when it became an observational fact looking at his career since without those assistants/crutches.

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’ve said before I don’t know if it was Crawford, Levein or a lucky group of players at his disposal but his first season was a fluke. Haven’t always said this, have only said it when it became an observational fact looking at his career since without those assistants/crutches.

Of course you don't know.

That's why you're reduced to assumptions.

6 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Before when ?? 

Al don't worry one day they WILL drop 😀

Before yours I reckon.

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I find it amazing folk still attempt to get into a discussion with Al.......it’s utter torture.

Only when youpost negatively and can't justify it.

You should know.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Only when youpost negatively and can't justify it.

You should know.

So you only want negative stuff to be justifiable to you ?

🤡

Jeffros Furios

Before yours I reckon.

:gok:

BackOfTheNet

Of course you don't know.

That's why you're reduced to assumptions.

And you accuse other people of trolling. Bring Sideways/Gorgie/160598 back...

18 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I find it amazing folk still attempt to get into a discussion with Al.......it’s utter torture.

:laugh:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***