• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• Tazio

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I hope they do but it’s doubtful, OF games don’t really have that many folk watch it if other games are on. 
There might not be a Britain by the time this starts. 

I think it's more about going forward and potential than what happens just now, especially in regards to the OF and Scottish football. Very few folk   care about Scottish football and I include Scotland in that. 

Heartsofgold

The clubs may think they have power but the real power, the power to draw fans and sponsorships and be entertained, lies with the mega superstar players.  If the players decide that their freedom of movement is going to be severely limited to whatever clubs are in this new ESL, as they are banned from playing for either their national teams or for any team in a league recognised and accredited by FIFA/UEFA.

Then again, they might be just as mercenary minded as their ESL employers.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think it's more about going forward and potential than what happens just now, especially in regards to the OF and Scottish football. Very few folk   care about Scottish football and I include Scotland in that. 

Spot on. The SFA wouldn’t expel them unless forced to and somehow get Colt teams to represent them. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Cruyff said:

Their fans wouldn't accept it. 

You can say that about most clubs though. Munich might be tempted but we will need to wait and see. 

I wonder how many leagues are praying their greedy 'top teams' just fuvk off out their league structure, it cant just be Scotland.

An unregulated league, managed by the greedy 12, what could possibly go wrong?

Unknown user
36 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s easy to have principles if you make millions by being sacked. 

To be fair, it's even easier not to

If there are 5 clubs that earn access every season, does that mean there is relegation? Or does it mean the 5 non members will just change places every season ? 

Heartsofgold
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

You can say that about most clubs though. Munich might be tempted but we will need to wait and see. 

They can be tempted all they want but, apart from RB Leipzig, all the German clubs are in the 51/49 ownership bracket.  The fans must agree to any major moves like this which changes the official status and designation of the clubs.

Berra than you

Think the difference is that all (I think) German clubs are at least 51% fan owned.

Bazzas right boot

Spot on. The SFA wouldn’t expel them unless forced to and somehow get Colt teams to represent them. 

If that happens then this happy clapper is out. 

Hearts being shit won't see me walk away but the sfa, the spfl and the shit show that is Scottish football might. 

Mussleburgh A beckons on a Saturday for me if that plays out. 

complete control

Alex Ferguson up in arms aboot this. He was quiet when manager when they pulled out of the f.a cup to chase the dosh in some country.

The Wrinkly Ninja
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Their fans wouldn't accept it. 

With a different ownership model and no legacy fans it will be interesting to see if Leipzig are invited and how they respond, however.

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed it is, has been for a while. I wonder if teams like Salford will gather up the “legacy fans” as they’re being described as these club looks for the fans of the future all around the world. 

I hope so, I really do.

If the FA stick to their guns and do the right thing by saying 'if you join the ESL' you leave the EPL, then the fans of the 'big 6' will have a lot of free Saturday and Sundays.  Lower league teams, such as FCUM, Salford, Brentford ( know they are flying high in the Championship) and Tranmere will surely benefit.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

They can be tempted all they want but, apart from RB Leipzig, all the German clubs are in the 51/49 ownership bracket.  The fans must agree to any major moves like this which changes the official status and designation of the clubs.

Bayer Leverkusen and Wolfsburg are both privately owned, by Bayer and Volkswagen respectively

Just now, complete control said:

Alex Ferguson up in arms aboot this. He was quiet when manager when they pulled out of the f.a cup to chase the dosh in some country.

He spoke out against the  Glazers take over at MUFC but soon back tracked on it. 

I find the outrage just a bit hypocritical given the top English clubs did exactly what the ESL proposes with their Premiership scheme  to enrich the rich and damn the rest which was endorsed by the English FA too as they allowed the clubs to effectively leave the English league but continue to operate as leagues clubs under the auspices of the FA. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I forgot about that 👍🏽
Red Bull will

want to get involved maybe. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Bayer Leverkusen and Wolfsburg are both privately owned, by Bayer and Volkswagen respectively

I think clubs in that ownership status in Germany are allowed because they were formed as works clubs by those companies.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I hope so, I really do.

If the FA stick to their guns and do the right thing by saying 'if you join the ESL' you leave the EPL, then the fans of the 'big 6' will have a lot of free Saturday and Sundays.  Lower league teams, such as FCUM, Salford, Brentford ( know they are flying high in the Championship) and Tranmere will surely benefit.

Fingers crossed. 

2 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I hope so, I really do.

As I just posted ; there might be a problem for the English FA here because they allowed the top clubs to effectively quit the League set up and have the Premiership run under the auspices of the English FA to ensure league clubs had no say in it. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He spoke out against the  Glazers take over at MUFC but soon back tracked on it. 

I find the outrage just a bit hypocritical given the top English clubs did exactly what the ESL proposes with their Premiership scheme  to enrich the rich and damn the rest which was endorsed by the English FA too as they allowed the clubs to effectively leave the English league but continue to operate as leagues clubs under the auspices of the FA. 

It is hypocrisy, Sky Sports the worst with this outrage fuelled by losing the coverage,  not out of any love of the game. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

I think clubs in that ownership status in Germany are allowed because they were formed as works clubs by those companies.

Yep, just saying that it's not only RB Leipzig that are exceptions to the 51% rule

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Think the difference is that all (I think) German clubs are at least 51% fan owned.

It’s a good model. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It is hypocrisy, Sky Sports the worst with this outrage fuelled by losing the coverage,  not out of any love of the game. 

Totally agree. 

46 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s easy to have principles if you make millions by being sacked. 

It is easier not to. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If that happens then this happy clapper is out. 

Hearts being shit won't see me walk away but the sfa, the spfl and the shit show that is Scottish football might. 

Mussleburgh A beckons on a Saturday for me if that plays out. 

I think a lot of folk would join you. 

9 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Its 50% plus 1 share. Ie so the fans have the majority say. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Screenshot_20210419-112709_BBC Sport.jpg

I shared that about Dortmund up there, good that Bayern have said no too though. 

As I just posted ; there might be a problem for the English FA here because they allowed the top clubs to effectively quit the League set up and have the Premiership run under the auspices of the English FA to ensure league clubs had no say in it. 

You are correct, however the problem they now is that just 6 of the EPL will have quadruple the money they get now.

I don't know the set up of the EPL with regards to getting things through.  Do all clubs in the EPL have a vote in anything, or is it just the FA say, this is what is happening?

Unknown user

Who knows how this will end but it wouldn't surprise me if this was just an elaborate move to give the elite clubs an even stronger bargaining position in their power grab.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Who knows how this will end but it wouldn't surprise me if this was just an elaborate move to give the elite clubs an even stronger bargaining position in their power grab.

I thought the same, feels like it’s gone beyond that. How humiliating would a climb down be now?

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And Hoffenheim. 

3 minutes ago, sandyk said:

You are correct, however the problem they now is that just 6 of the EPL will have quadruple the money they get now.

I don't know the set up of the EPL with regards to getting things through.  Do all clubs in the EPL have a vote in anything, or is it just the FA say, this is what is happening?

All I know is the premiership (or whatever it's called now) is run by the FA , not the English League. This is to ensure the money was kept away from the league clubs and stop it being diluted. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Ah, fair enough. I'm late to this party & haven't read the previous pages.

Pragmatism from the German's. Who'd have thought...(?)

Good on them, fans making decisions eh 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😜

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fans own the clubs. 

Unknown user

All I know is the premiership (or whatever it's called now) is run by the FA , not the English League. This is to ensure the money was kept away from the league clubs and stop it being diluted. 

The EPL is run by the EPL

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

The most depressing stat that came out a while back was that most EPL teams would still show a profit if no fans were at any games. Before the pandemic incidentally.

If ever there was a indictment of the modern game, that was it !

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

At first I thought this was being done so they could get the Champions league changes they want. But I actually think we’re witnessing a changing of the guard. It’s difficult to have sympathy for UEFA or FIFA. 

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Think it's more to save Barcelona and Real from financial oblivion

A bit surprised at all the surprise and outrage in the reaction to this news. Football as it once was has been slowly undermined in this country since 1992. The last ten years has seen quite a noticeable acceleration in elitism and all the other aspects of modern football that many find so repugnant - £50 for a shite seat at the corner flag, corporate bs, gloryhunters/twitter fanboys, ‘entitled to go down’, genera sterilising of atmosphere in the grounds to name but a few.

Something like this has been on the cards for a while. It’s like allowing termites to live in your house for a long time because you can’t see any immediate significant damage but being shocked when the foundations give way and the house collapses.

18 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

With a different ownership model and no legacy fans it will be interesting to see if Leipzig are invited and how they respond, however.

I think Leipzig, Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim and Leverkusen are different but I don't think the have the interest worldwide. 

However, imo I think the 15 are going to struggle to get another 5 teams in their league and will have to invite clubs from perhaps Asia, the Americas and maybe clubs like Leipzig to make up the numbers. 

Hagar the Horrible

Boreland QC has confirmed the Calpol 3 wish to join and will insist its done by a closed doors arbitration?