New kits 21/22 ( other teams )

Angel eyes

New QPR away

Errea have some very nice kits this year with the likes of Parma and FC Sarajevo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tian447

• Stu_HMFC

• Angel eyes

• Салатные палочки

59 minutes ago, Ribble said:

New QPR away

Errea have some very nice kits this year with the likes of Parma and FC Sarajevo

Did we no have them once or twice in the 90s 

On 15/07/2021 at 10:03, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The crap shoulder 3 stripe is so annoying. Annoys me how they banned adidas from using their classic 3 stripe. 

Who banned adidas from doing what?

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Notice that there are now material differences in the replica £50 v authentic £99 kits down south. 

not only different for but different material with different patterns.  

absolute disgrace imo

In what way?

Actually that a question to both parts...what's different about them and why is it a disgrace?

Wouldn't it be more of disgrace if they were made from the same material?

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Did we no have them once or twice in the 90s 

Always found the Errea shirts to be great quality. The one with the round neck is one of my favourites ever. Only problem was it was really shiny which made it look red in the sun. Great looking shirt though. 

Screenshot_20210716-162217_Chrome.thumb.jpg.632aaceefa14c6a83cb5449f47aaa93b.jpg

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Always found the Errea shirts to be great quality. The one with the round neck is one of my favourites ever. Only problem was it was really shiny which made it look red in the sun. Great looking shirt though. 

Screenshot_20210716-162217_Chrome.thumb.jpg.632aaceefa14c6a83cb5449f47aaa93b.jpg

Good picture to choose too! cracking wee player 

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Good picture to choose too! cracking wee player 

He was 

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Came in a nice Errea bag too when you got it from the club shop 

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

In what way?

Actually that a question to both parts...what's different about them and why is it a disgrace?

Wouldn't it be more of disgrace if they were made from the same material?

they replica kits don’t actually really look like the actual shirts. It’s a blatant attempt to force people to buy the more expensive version. 

there shouldn’t be a more expensive version. There should be one version. These things cost buttons to make

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

they replica kits don’t actually really look like the actual shirts. It’s a blatant attempt to force people to buy the more expensive version. 

there shouldn’t be a more expensive version. There should be one version. These things cost buttons to make

You've got a very different idea of forcing than me I guess, to me it's like the opposite of forcing people to buy that one. Given the players aren't wearing the cheaper version if they only produced one version it would be the £119 one.

I buy football tops (occasionally) because I like them, or to wear my teams colours. Whether it's the same exact one the players wear, I don't care...but if I did I'd buy that one. Choice is a good thing surely (?).

Which ones don't look like the players ones? The only one I've seen both of is the Chelsea one and whilst they're clearly different (as they should be given the price) they look aesthetically the same to my eyes.

Edited by Taffin

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You've got a very different idea of forcing than me I guess, to me it's like the opposite of forcing people to buy that one. Given the players aren't wearing the cheaper version if they only produced one version it would be the £119 one.

I buy football tops (occasionally) because I like them, or to wear my teams colours. Whether it's the same exact one the players wear, I don't care...but if I did I'd buy that one. Choice is a good thing surely (?).

Which ones don't look like the players ones? The only one I've seen both of is the Chelsea one and whilst they're clearly different (as they should be given the price) they look aesthetically the same to my eyes.

Man Utd and England are 2 examples. Fundamentally disagree with your view mate. There never used to be 2 versions. If you are paying £50 for a £5 t-shirt it should be the real deal. 

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Man Utd and England are 2 examples. Fundamentally disagree with your view mate. There never used to be 2 versions. If you are paying £50 for a £5 t-shirt it should be the real deal. 

Fair enough, then buy the expensive one and leave the replicas to us happy with a cheaper option 👍👍

There never used to be 2 versions because the players were wearing broadly the same one as the fans...football has moved on and as such they provide top technology sports wear for the players.  Would you really want/need a tight fitting, highly breathable, disposable shirt whether it was £50 or £100? They're never going to make the players wear baggy, sweaty tops just so fans have the exact same one as them. 

The alternative is they take the authentic ones off-sale and only offer a replica one to fans...which is a shame for those really want to pretend their a world class athlete whilst eating their pie and Bovril.

At the risk of making it worse...you know that player issue boots are also better and look different to the ones sold on prodirectsoccer etc?

Edited by Taffin

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Fair enough, then buy the expensive one and leave the replicas to us happy with a cheaper option 👍👍

There never used to be 2 versions because the players were wearing broadly the same one as the fans...football has moved on and as such they provide top technology sports wear for the players.  Would you really want/need a tight fitting, highly breathable, disposable shirt whether it was £50 or £100? They're never going to make the players wear baggy, sweaty tops just so fans have the exact same one as them. 

The alternative is they take the authentic ones off-sale and only offer a replica one to fans...which is a shame for those really want to pretend their a world class athlete whilst eating their pie and Bovril.

Actually what I think they’ve done is deliberately cheapen the replicas and doubled the price of the real deal. Players haven’t been wearing baggy sweaty top for 20 years. 

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Actually what I think they’ve done is deliberately cheapen the replicas and doubled the price of the real deal. Players haven’t been wearing baggy sweaty top for 20 years. 

Okay, let's just agree to disagree in that case as you'll never convince me that offering a product for sale constitutes forcing someone to buy it. I'm very much of the mindset, don't like it, don't buy it...hence why I don't buy them as I'm happy with the replicas.

PhoenixHearts
10 minutes ago, Homme said:

Screenshot_2021-07-16-20-35-49-13.thumb.jpg.bcff71e4591f987dadb1f56306a93f22.jpg

Holy **** that's mental. They'll no be happy. 

Are they both for this season?

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Okay, let's just agree to disagree in that case as you'll never convince me that offering a product for sale constitutes forcing someone to buy it. I'm very much of the mindset, don't like it, don't buy it...hence why I don't buy them as I'm happy with the replicas.

Of course It’s all about opinions mate. Probably “force” was the wrong word..It’s just an excuse to create a second line and tempt people to buy the more expensive version.  If I were in the market I simply couldn’t buy the cheap knockoff 

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Holy **** that's mental. They'll no be happy. 

Are they both for this season?

Apparently so. Ayr fans got to choose theirs and then Killie went and released the same one (I think!) :lol:

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Is Killie's not just a training top though, where as Ayr's is their actual away top?

My mate says they were both away but I don't know. 

Regardless how pissed off would you be if we shared gear with the vermin!

The Treasurer
On 15/07/2021 at 21:03, PhoenixHearts said:

West Ham away would have done nicely for us if we didn't already have a striped kit this season. 

Hope we get that collar on our away.

west-ham-united-21-22-away-kit-4.jpg

West Ham have had some great strips over the years, home and away. 

32 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

New Torino kits. Always seem to be popular on here. 

torino-21-22-kits-6.jpg

torino-21-22-kits-7.jpg

torino-21-22-kits-1.jpg

Personally, the colours are fine (obviously) but what an awful lot of logos! Compare with another Joma strip (Villarreal) that only has the J logo for the manufacturer  and a single sponsor's logo. 

Screenshot_20210717-032413_Google.jpg

12 hours ago, kila said:

Is Killie's not just a training top though, where as Ayr's is their actual away top?

Killie must be last season cos is that not Lafferty in the pic-anyway their away top this season is a two tone blue effort.

On 16/07/2021 at 14:34, Cal_ said:

Who banned adidas from doing what?

Is it not a mixture of some trademark battle Adidas lost a few years ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/jun/19/adidas-loses-three-stripe-trademark-battle-in-european-court

And some stupid FIFA regulation about manufacturer branding positioning?

There is something daft and I can't remember the exact reason, or mix of reasons for it, but Adidas shirts used to have stripes that ran the whole length of the sleeve, but recently the stripes are just in the shoulder zone.  Having a look back through some kits though, this seems to have been going on for longer than the above court case (e.g. shirts in 2010 not having full length stripes).

Unknown user
On 15/07/2021 at 12:39, rudi must stay said:

Is it f what have they done with the badge 

Brought back their old badge

Unknown user
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/jun/19/adidas-loses-three-stripe-trademark-battle-in-european-court

There is something daft and I can't remember the exact reason, or mix of reasons for it, but Adidas shirts used to have stripes that ran the whole length of the sleeve, but recently the stripes are just in the shoulder zone.  Having a look back through some kits though, this seems to have been going on for longer than the above court case (e.g. shirts in 2010 not having full length stripes).

They weren't using full length stripes generally when we got them in 2012/13

New-Hearts-Home-Kit-2012-13.jpg

Obviously there have been more court cases since then but I wondered why we got them when no one else did

PhoenixHearts
On 17/07/2021 at 09:10, bigdav said:

Killie must be last season cos is that not Lafferty in the pic-anyway their away top this season is a two tone blue effort.

Do you know what Lafferty looks like?

5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Ah right, cheers.

I think I had noticed they had changed but didn't know the reason.

Shame, as full sleeve usually looks best.

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Do you know what Lafferty looks like?

Lol-maybe I had had a wee refreshment when I was looking at it first time.

On 13/07/2021 at 11:12, 151 said:

FB_IMG_1626171121081.jpg

The above looked fine until Inter revealed their new sponsor which for the first time I can remember isn't Pirelli

3 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

1-C2-F7-EB0-0-BB6-48-A3-8-D22-3-D81-F57-
unvailed today tottenham jaysus…….

An abomination. Went super classic with the home shirt and then this. The third strip is also in this vein. 

adambraejambo
4 hours ago, Ribble said:

The above looked fine until Inter revealed their new sponsor which for the first time I can remember isn't Pirelli

Just a little bit to much going on sponser wise. Although I still really like it. 

internazionale_corpo.jpeg.jpg

13 minutes ago, Homme said:

Nothing wrong with that inter sponsor. It's not iconic like Pirelli but it's fine on the shirt.

3 lines with different font sizes just looks shit imho

9 minutes ago, Ribble said:

3 lines with different font sizes just looks shit imho

I think it looks good :lol:

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Homme said:

Nothing wrong with that inter sponsor. It's not iconic like Pirelli but it's fine on the shirt.

It's terrible. No fan shirts should ever include the sponsor. 

Seymour M Hersh
20 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

It's like a Jackson Pollock gone wrong. 

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It's like a Jackson Pollock gone wrong. 

I'm pretty sure that's what happens when you let a group of nursery kids make a solution for tyedye!

LarrysRightFoot
On 22/07/2021 at 16:24, Angel eyes said:

Ok I’ll say it - I quite like it. Totally different. Aways and 3rds especially are for trying something different. 

12 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Ok I’ll say it - I quite like it. Totally different. Aways and 3rds especially are for trying something different. 

Same

On 22/07/2021 at 16:24, Angel eyes said:

I like it, third strips are there to push the boat out. Totally different, reminds me of the Man City paisley pattern top they done. 

For our next third strip I'd love to see black and maroon stripes similar to our current third strip. Something different makes it more interesting.