New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

Mars plastic
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I know there’s a pandemic but many financially obsessed fans get in a tizzy about pay offs.   Managers have been sacked and replaced 

on a whim for forever and a day. 

I can’t say for certain but I’d imagine in the contract there’ll be some agreement to a phased pay off allowing the club to stretch whatever is left on the contract? Unless of course the money is there just to get it done there and then.

There was no qualms about emptying Stendel.

Was there not a clause that both parties could walk away at the season end?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sadly I think it appears obvious RN is going nowhere. But next year when it starts to go wrong, you will see Queen Anne quietly slip off leaving someone else with the carnage and the fans fury.  Just a concern......

P.S. RN do the decent thing and FO!

14 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Hendolad has caught a few with this one. 34 pages of complete fantasy.

Or is it ?

Mars plastic
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Or is it ?

I'd be absolutely amazed if Neilson were to leave given Budge publicly backed him a few weeks ago. 

11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

That’s the difference between you and I. You think he may fail and I have a much stronger feeling that he will. 

We would need to pay up his contract if he left. There is no unfair dismissal in those circumstances. 

Well, all managers fail eventually, so you're right on that score. Just the timing that's at issue. As always, these things are matters of opinion.

By the way, I'm still waiting for the names of the managers that we could bring in that are guaranteed to do better than Robbie next season.

Just now, tynewater said:

Well, all managers fail eventually, so you're right on that score. Just the timing that's at issue. As always, these things are matters of opinion.

By the way, I'm still waiting for the names of the managers that we could bring in that are guaranteed to do better than Robbie next season.

There are no guarantees. Can you please guarantee that Robbie would do better than McInnes, Neil or even McCann? No you can’t because it works both ways. 

David Black
11 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Your sarcasm and desire to have the last word is admirable. Fact is, £1.5 million p a is going into the club that shouldn't be regarded as "income".  Plenty of cash available to pay them all off before it's too late. 

Exactly. The question is always asked what should the FoH money be used for after AB has been paid off. Well that happened 15 months and about £2miilion ago. I've said before that up to 50% should be used to hire a coach way beyond our normal standard and in this instance use what ever money is required to pay of the coaching staff. The FoH money should be used for whatever is required at that time.   

Sub4TiddlerMurray
29 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Neilson has irritated the **** out of me this season.

His interviews after bad results are insulting and cliched (and basically lies).

He can’t work out how to beat teams that are defensive against us. And we are vulnerable against teams that properly get in our faces.

That being said it is notable what difference the addition of effectively 2 new signings has made to the effectiveness and attractiveness of our football.

Better players in the team - Logan, and Souttar - and a tweak to our defence has made a difference in 2 out of 3 games. That being said so has the fact, I think, that in those 2 games the other team had to try and win the game may probably have made a difference also.

I don’t know what this means for next season as we will have more games where the other team at least will be trying to beat us, but the quality of how they do that will be better...

(although I do take the view that bottom 6 SPL are not really any better than top half Championship - even with how pish the Champs teams have been).

By your own logic, RN has built a team capable of beating the bottom 6 SPFL teams? Ergo, we’ll finish top 6.

I have to say I wanted RN out, but after Alloa and ICT games I think he has shown that he can get it right. 

I also rewatched an old 5–0 victory against Aberdeen with Rudi, Temps, Kello, Palazelos (?), etc.. And we played much more attractive football in yesterday’s first half than we did that day (I’ve watched it 3 times now 😁).

if that’s a sign of what’s possible next season I’ll take it.

(p.s...if we managed to re-sign Lafferty he would be a significant upgrade on Gnando too!)

cauther col

This will be a missed opportunity to change things for the better , what a chance to bring back all those missing season ticket holders who have gave up watching the abject and brutal performances of the past 3 years . There's thousands of Hearts supporters out there who have been let down with failure . This ground should be filled to capacity every home game and if it's not it's failure to see the bigger picture and address the hopelessness that surrounds this management at this club.. 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There are no guarantees. Can you please guarantee that Robbie would do better than McInnes, Neil or even McCann? No you can’t because it works both ways. 

Exactly. But I'm advocating leaving the existing manager and coaches in place, because of the continuity and stability that gives us, but you want to roll the dice and change everything again. Neither of us know how either course would turn out, the future is uncertain. This is precisely the position the board are in, but whilst we can banter our opinions as they are inconsequential, their decisions really matter. I would be very surprised if they opted to gamble on changing the manager, given that Robbie has done pretty well this season. 

No one is saying it's been a great season, I'm sure Robbie would admit that and sees there is huge room for improvement. Any manager who was getting complacent at this stage would deserve to get sacked immediately.

2 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Oh dear, upsetting the Phoodle apologists again I see.....

Definitely NOT a RN apologist.  Just someone who is tired of your persistent negative shite which makes me wonder.

Can't see us changing manager pre-season. Ann will want to give him the opportunity in the premier league. 

After everything that's transpired since Robbie left in 2016 do people really believe Ann is binnig Robbie and has someone else already lined up? I just don't see it. 

26 minutes ago, cauther col said:

This will be a missed opportunity to change things for the better , what a chance to bring back all those missing season ticket holders who have gave up watching the abject and brutal performances of the past 3 years . There's thousands of Hearts supporters out there who have been let down with failure . This ground should be filled to capacity every home game and if it's not it's failure to see the bigger picture and address the hopelessness that surrounds this management at this club.. 

Filled to capacity every home game for a 20k capacity ground?  In my time following Hearts that has never regularly been the case bar the odd blips such as the unsubstainable overspending of the Romanov era and the first year post-admin with the feel-good factor.

I've been to games in the early 90s with 4000 turnouts.

Edited by frankblack

38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don't want McInnes in the slightest, and honestly think we'd be as well with Robbie.

Neil would be a significant improvement in all senses.  And I've long since had a gut feeling McCann has it.  Needs a good chance, not sure we should be the ones to do it, but I just think whoever does give him a go won't regret it - has the fire in his belly (which we lack).

ford donald
47 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

I'd be absolutely amazed if Neilson were to leave given Budge publicly backed him a few weeks ago. 

Personallly i would be delighted.

19 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Exactly. But I'm advocating leaving the existing manager and coaches in place, because of the continuity and stability that gives us, but you want to roll the dice and change everything again. Neither of us know how either course would turn out, the future is uncertain. This is precisely the position the board are in, but whilst we can banter our opinions as they are inconsequential, their decisions really matter. I would be very surprised if they opted to gamble on changing the manager, given that Robbie has done pretty well this season. 

No one is saying it's been a great season, I'm sure Robbie would admit that and sees there is huge room for improvement. Any manager who was getting complacent at this stage would deserve to get sacked immediately.

All perfectly logical. What forms my opinion is the football I’ve watched this season. Hopefully it improves but needless to say I don’t think it will. He’s going nowhere though, so time will tell. 

GORGIE MONK

Fans are fickle. A couple of decent results and the cudgels are back in the cupboard. Robbie Neilson gave me some memorable moments. Basle, the tackle, the penalty and more. But he is not a good Hearts manager. Holding us back 

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I don't want McInnes in the slightest, and honestly think we'd be as well with Robbie.

Neil would be a significant improvement in all senses.  And I've long since had a gut feeling McCann has it.  Needs a good chance, not sure we should be the ones to do it, but I just think whoever does give him a go won't regret it - has the fire in his belly (which we lack).

Not really sure about any of them tbh. I think McInnes would just be more of the same. I don’t know enough about Neil and McCann is inexperienced. Given how I think next season will pan out under Robbie I’d really like a change though. 

11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Totally agree with this although would not thank you for McCann though. Not convinced about him yet.

I'm resigned now that he appears to have ridden this out. I want Hearts to be better than they are, they should be better than they are but with Robbie at the helm this isn't going to happen.

It's such a shame we have appeared to have missed this window of opportunity for change. I fear next season will be much more of the same and we'll be in another relegation battle.

Edited by feej

Auldbenches
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

But at the moment there’s virtually no other money coming in to the Club. 

There's no money co I g in at the moment but people are accused of killing the club if they choose to withhold or withdraw their donations.  These are supposed to be on top of the club being self sufficient.  

The club shouldn't be run with the money from donations, this is a bonus. 

If the club would die without the foh money then it isn't being run well.  

Auldbenches
16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Let McCann earn the right to manage us.  He hasn't done that yet. 

Lone Striker
19 hours ago, frankblack said:

Was Boyce really scouted by Stendel?  Sibbick played about two games.  Then there was that German midfielder.

Stendel had one target - keep Hearts in the premiership, and Robbie had one - get promoted.  Which one achieved their target, and which failed?

Boyce - almost certainly based on  Stendel's knowledge, with Barnsley having played against him twice at Burton.

Sibbick - in the one and a half games he played, he was outstanding. Not Stendel's fault the lad then suffered an energy-sapping illness.

Langer & Avdijaj -  didn't work out ..... didn;t look like they could adapt  to Scottish football.

Yes, Stendel had one target - but it's pure conjecture to believe that anybody  else could have come in on December 8th and suddenly got our squad of demoralised players to pick up enough points to avoid being bottom by mid-March.  If AB had somehow managed to appoint Robbie back then, can you imagine the reaction on here ?

Persisting with Pereira was his biggest mistake ..... a mistake which Levein had made previously too. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not really sure about any of them tbh. I think McInnes would just be more of the same. I don’t know enough about Neil and McCann is inexperienced. Given how I think next season will pan out under Robbie I’d really like a change though. 

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Totally agree with this although would not thank you for McCann though. Not convinced about him yet.

Ach its not a science is it, any more so than signing players or frankly recruitment in any other sector.  You just never know really.

Neil has a better CV than Neilson and fans of his previous clubs seem to hold him in high regards (whereas, to be brutal, no one has been upset by Robbie leaving his previous 3 roles, really).  There's also the Savage factor.  If he comes in then, obviously theres that link and for Savage to want him and put his name to it would be endorsement.

McCann, as I say, not advocating us taking the punt, I just think there's something about him.  He'd maybe surprise us.  Probably internet chat - you'd maybe have Dunc in that category too - risky appointment, but could work out and could be good fun.

12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s the only money coming in though. Heard of a pandemic? No cross at football@. 

Heard of season tickets?
Heard of lower costs, less policing/ stewards etc?

A lot of the money did come in, a subsidy from last year as the season wasn;t played out!

You oversimplify!

Batistuta87

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

**** that. I'd rather keep Neilson.

5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Boyce - almost certainly based on  Stendel's knowledge, with Barnsley having played against him twice at Burton.

Sibbick - in the one and a half games he played, he was outstanding. Not Stendel's fault the lad then suffered an energy-sapping illness.

Langer & Avdijaj -  didn't work out ..... didn;t look like they could adapt  to Scottish football.

Yes, Stendel had one target - but it's pure conjecture to believe that anybody  else could have come in on December 8th and suddenly got our squad of demoralised players to pick up enough points to avoid being bottom by mid-March.  If AB had somehow managed to appoint Robbie back then, can you imagine the reaction on here ?

Persisting with Pereira was his biggest mistake ..... a mistake which Levein had made previously too. 

I agree, but Stendel is History imo he will be remembered for the St Mirren game but gave an insight of what he could have done against Rangers & Hibs should we have persevered with him. Both performances we can only dream about under our current coaching set up. 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

There's no money co I g in at the moment but people are accused of killing the club if they choose to withhold or withdraw their donations.  These are supposed to be on top of the club being self sufficient.  

The club shouldn't be run with the money from donations, this is a bonus. 

If the club would die without the foh money then it isn't being run well.  

During this pandemic, when there is very little income from our normal sources, the FoH donations are necessarily helping to keep the club afloat. 

6 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Seems unlikely, and more likely that we were looking at him earlier from his time at Ross County and McPhee working with him at NI.

Granted, I liked the look of him as a player.

No, I think its perfectly reasonable to expect an accomplished manager to come in and first and foremost fix the defensive issues and try and get a bit extra going forward.

When it came to the crunch with the St Mirren game the team were just not set up correctly at all.  That was our cup final, a relegation playoff essentially given the rumours about the suspension of the league, and we just weren't up for it and paid the price.

Levein was already gone because of his mistakes with the keeper etc.

Stendel persisting with the goalkeeper while we were in trouble was disasterous and cost a lot of points and demoralised the defence.

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

During this pandemic, when there is very little income from our normal sources, the FoH donations are necessarily helping to keep the club afloat. 

I get it during the pandemic, but to use it as emotional blackmail out with it isn't right.  

6 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I agree, but Stendel is History imo he will be remembered for the St Mirren game but gave an insight of what he could have done against Rangers & Hibs should we have persevered with him. Both performances we can only dream about under our current coaching set up. 

No point winning those games if you lose the ones that matter and put you at the bottom of the league.

john thomas
45 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Definitely NOT a RN apologist.  Just someone who is tired of your persistent negative shite which makes me wonder.

Your wasting your time there . 'Phoodle apologist' tells you all you need to know

Auldbenches
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

During the pandemic but this money shouldn't be seen as keeping the club alive in normal seasons.  People have been accused of potentially killing the club if they stop their donations, out with the pandemic this shouldn't be seen as the case. 

If the club really need this money during a normal season, then it's wrong and not the fans fault.  

It's quite clear by Robbie's demeanour he's been told his jobs not at risk and to continue as normal. He'll be here for as long as Budge is the main man so to speak. Fanciful to think otherwise.

Edited by droid

Neilsons future will be discussed at the end of season meeting in 2/3 weeks time, asked for a rough estimate of chance him staying or going and was given a 80/20 of him being in charge next season. Many in the club believe we need change will it happen this summer? Unlikely unless a disagreement on next seasons expectations 👍🏻

16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No point winning those games if you lose the ones that matter and put you at the bottom of the league.

I agree but as I said he’s history now but ask anyone at Easter road that night the place was bouncing with a United support. Neilson will never have that next season, he has won us the league this year which some posters cling on to as though it’s some big achievement. In the cups which realistically are our only chance of silverware we’ve fallen at the first hurdle. Time for change. 

14 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Neilsons future will be discussed at the end of season meeting in 2/3 weeks time, asked for a rough estimate of chance him staying or going and was given a 80/20 of him being in charge next season. Many in the club believe we need change will it happen this summer? Unlikely unless a disagreement on next seasons expectations 👍🏻

Ann Budge will set next seasons expectations so low it will be virtually impossible for Neilson to fail to achieve them.

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I know there’s a pandemic but many financially obsessed fans get in a tizzy about pay offs.   Managers have been sacked and replaced 

on a whim for forever and a day. 

I can’t say for certain but I’d imagine in the contract there’ll be some agreement to a phased pay off allowing the club to stretch whatever is left on the contract? Unless of course the money is there just to get it done there and then.

There was no qualms about emptying Stendel.

Some people just want to be contrary, it's a fact of life on here. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Ann Budge will set next seasons expectations so low it will be virtually impossible for Neilson to fail to achieve them.

Working for Ann Budge seems to be like working in a public sector job with similar levels of performance and job protection.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Working for Ann Budge seems to be like working in a public sector job with similar levels of performance and job protection.

that is bang on the money. 

39 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

If many within the club believe he should be removed then surely its more than 80/20 that he goes. I am assuming the many is relatively influencial people? Savage? JJ? FoH? Senior pros? It would be the final absurd AB footballing decision if she ignored all advice and on the back of RN accepting ambitions of top 6 allow him to stay on. I'd suspect in any such meeting he'll affectively agree to any expectations set given he is hardly playing with a strong hand. 

Edited by bistokid

lost in space
59 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Are they really though? Other clubs don't have this finance and they have ALL survived.

42 minutes ago, droid said:

It's quite clear by Robbie's demeanour he's been told his jobs not at risk and to continue as normal. He'll be here for as long as Budge is the main man so to speak. Fanciful to think otherwise.

Clear by his demeanour that he knows he has the safest job in football...does that sound familiar?

kingantti1874
Just now, lost in space said:

Are they really though? Other clubs don't have this finance and they have ALL survived.

they are helping keep the club afloat because we’ve wasted millions on absolute crap. 

davemclaren
Just now, lost in space said:

This years accounts will be an interesting read for every club. We had the double hit of a pandemic and demotion to contend with. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

This years accounts will be an interesting read for every club. We had the double hit of a pandemic and demotion to contend with. 

With the added legal costs.

The grant from the SG will counter-balance maybe the legal costs.

19 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And if you’re relieved of your duties your garden will look spectacular. 

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

With the added legal costs.

The grant from the SG will counter-balance maybe the legal costs.

didn't james anderson cover our legal fees? or am i misremembering?

• davemclaren locked this topic