New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

Please let this thread be true and Neilson is gone in a fortnight.   Let him move to Dundee and go for the Championship treble next season.

Pedant alert: Quadruple.

Regardless, i hope tae feck you're right, bud. If he's going for it there, he's not doing it with us.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, David Black said:

Who's saying they're not hard up, Ron the Con has already admitted they would probably have to sell. 

Good

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Have we been about to stop them?

We wouldn't have played them. The numbers in the draw is done alphabetically.

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, martoon said:

Pedant alert: Quadruple.

Regardless, i hope tae feck you're right, bud. If he's going for it there, he's not doing it with us.

Aye good point.

2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

We wouldn't have played them. The numbers in the draw is done alphabetically.

We couldn't play /stop them as we were knocked out by a non league team b4 Hibs came into the draw....cheers Neilson

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Another glowing reference for Callum Davidson tonight, my choice for a couple of months now 

And mine but if he does the cup double we might be priced out of the market.  Anyway we are stuck with Neilson so good luck to him.

33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Like I said it’s usually all gone long before now as we would usually be ready to sell next seasons season tickets now. Season ticket money gets us through to Xmas at best. 

Sounds like a flawed business plan!

Berra than you

We couldn't play /stop them as we were knocked out by a non league team b4 Hibs came into the draw....cheers Neilson

Is being knocked out at an early stage by a bunch of joiners is absolutely a stick to beat Neilson with no question, worst result in our history. If Hibs go on to win the cup though, it's never in a million years Neilsons fault.

Just now, Gambo said:

Very true.  We actually completed our most spectacular cup failures ever in the same season.  Ironic that we almost won  a Cup from the previous season.  Totally down to Neilson that we didn't.

3 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Is being knocked out at an early stage by a bunch of joiners is absolutely a stick to beat Neilson with no question, worst result in our history. If Hibs go on to win the cup though, it's never in a million years Neilsons fault.

What did he do to stop them?

4 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

IF they win, and let's hope the don't, but IF the do it is another win on his watch.....FACT

Berra than you

What did he do to stop them?

This is not worth arguing. Had hearts won agaisnt brora, we still would not have played Hibs in the cup yet. Hearts have had zero influence in Hibs making the semi finals.

This is not worth arguing. Had hearts won agaisnt brora, we still would not have played Hibs in the cup yet. Hearts have had zero influence in Hibs making the semi finals.

Fk me, us getting knocked out to any team whilst Hibs progress means we can't stop them BECAUSE WE WERE KNOCKED OUT!

25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Another glowing reference for Callum Davidson tonight, my choice for a couple of months now 

Good shout if he gets them to another cup final, i certainly wouldnt be against the appointment.

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Fk me, us getting knocked out to any team whilst Hibs progress means we can't stop them BECAUSE WE WERE KNOCKED OUT!

So had hearts been knocked out by a Celtic or rangers side, and Hibs went in to lift the cup, would that be the hearts managers fault? I'm not a Neilson fan at all, I don't think he should continue next season. And it's very very frustrating when you see both the old firm out, that we could have had a real chance this season. But i draw the line at bashing the manager for something that a) he wouldn't have had an influence over yet and b) might not even happen.

3 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

So had hearts been knocked out by a Celtic or rangers side, and Hibs went in to lift the cup, would that be the hearts managers fault? I'm not a Neilson fan at all, I don't think he should continue next season. And it's very very frustrating when you see both the old firm out, that we could have had a real chance this season. But i draw the line at bashing the manager for something that a) he wouldn't have had an influence over yet and b) might not even happen.

IF Hibs go on to win the cup that will be the 2nd time under his watch....do you agree?

Berra than you
Just now, Gambo said:

IF Hibs go on to win the cup that will be the 2nd time under his watch....do you agree?

They will have won the trophy twice whilst he is hearts manager, you couldn't argue that obviously. The first time round he could have and should have done something about it. I appreciate that had we been better this year he would have had a chance to play them eventually. But do you think this team, who since January has shown to struggle in the championship would have got very far? As I've said, had we got further and knocked out by rangers, no one on here is blaming Neilson if Hibs win. It's boils back down to being raging with the Brora result, which is totally justifiable.

Independence
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Give it a rest! Why don't you have a nap?

Malinga the Swinga

Gambo, After we lost final to Celtic in December, you must have been ecstatic, as we beat them, Hibs, in semi final at Hampden. 

I mean, beating Hibs is all that matters to you, so losing final isn't worth getting disappointed over. 

How sad when your whole life is dictated, not by what your team does, but what another team you don't even support does. 

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

By that logic we have been responsible for every club winning the cup forever. Including the years we actually won it ourselves. Your logic is completely messed up on this one. 

19 minutes ago, Gambo said:

That not what you said though. 
You said it would be Neilson fault if Hibs win the cup. Garbage. 

Christ on a bike.

Think I'll go back into JKB retirement again for a while.

13 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

They will have won the trophy twice whilst he is hearts manager, you couldn't argue that obviously. The first time round he could have and should have done something about it. I appreciate that had we been better this year he would have had a chance to play them eventually. 

Thank you.

27 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Sounds like a flawed business plan!

Simple cash flow. Go and think about the numbers. Two questions for you 1. when season tickets go on sale in April/May each year how much money does this raise? 2. What’s the monthly running costs of the Club? 

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Christ on a bike.

Think I'll go back into JKB retirement again for a while.

Excellent decision. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Simple cash flow. Go and think about the numbers. Two questions for you 1. when season tickets go on sale in April/May each year how much money does this raise? 2. What’s the monthly running costs of the Club? 

Cash flow would have been much better with a cup run.

42 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Oh I've seen 'it', but that's not what she said. So no idea what you think the Bobster has reinforced.

"We have to get through this season, we have to re-establish again next season then we have to get back to where we need to be".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ann-budge-emphatic-hearts-backing-23600084.amp

No, she has said it exactly as I said. Cant be bothered finding it though. Probably 20 pages back on here 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

By that logic we have been responsible for every club winning the cup forever. Including the years we actually won it ourselves. Your logic is completely messed up on this one. 

Correct. It really is that simple. If we dont win it then we have allowed some other team to win it, not rocket science. Since 1902 one manager has been on the watch when Hibs have won it, he may be, but let's hope not, on the watch for a second win since then for Hibs. Some seem to have real problems accepting that fact if it happens.

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Thank you.

😂😂😂😂. Wire in mate, nothing liking cropping posts to keep your blinkered narrative going 👍.

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That not what you said though. 
You said it would be Neilson fault if Hibs win the cup. Garbage. 

Show me using the words "Neilsons Fault". 

Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Correct. It really is that simple. If we dont win it then we have allowed some other team to win it, not rocket science. Since 1902 one manager has been on the watch when Hibs have won it, he may be, but let's hope not, on the watch for a second win since then for Hibs. Some seem to have real problems accepting that fact if it happens.

I’m liking this watch chat. 

😂😂😂😂. Wire in mate, nothing liking cropping posts to keep your blinkered narrative going 👍.

You agreed with me. Then when on about other crap.

48 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

None of these players bar Popescu have actually played consistently in truth. 

Having watched the League through the season its maybe easy to see why you go for experience. 

You have to put yourself in Neilsons shoes I suppose. Easy for us to hypothesise but he has watched the League for the last 3 years and decided its not for kids

Absolutely. The guy is a championship expert. Won it three times in last 6/7 years.  Knows the league and what is required. 

Your man Davidson is building quite a reputation. Could be, hopefully, two cups in one season.  

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

🤔

Malinga the Swinga

What a ridiculous post. Hearts don't allow teams to win trophies. Other teams win them because they win their own games. 

It's called sport. 

Your hatred of Hearts, Levein, Budge and Neilson has finally topped you over the edge. 

Will you be able to sleep at night between now and semi final. No doubt you want them to win it, just so you can preach your 'it was all Hearts fault' pish. 

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Absolutely. The guy is a championship expert. Won it three times in last 6/7 years.  Knows the league and what is required. 

Your man Davidson is building quite a reputation. Could be, hopefully, two cups in one season.  

He’s also an expert at getting emptied out of cup competitions by FC Utter Naebodys.

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Cash flow would have been much better with a cup run.

Not at all. A little bit extra prize money and that’s it. Scottish Cup prize money is poor. All the money is in semi and final gate receipts. 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

What a ridiculous post. Hearts don't allow teams to win trophies. Other teams win them because they win their own games. 

It's called sport. 

Your hatred of Hearts, Levein, Budge and Neilson has finally topped you over the edge. 

Will you be able to sleep at night between now and semi final. No doubt you want them to win it, just so you can preach your 'it was all Hearts fault' pish. 

Hatred of Hearts 😄😁😆😁😅🤣.

Pray tell, what did WE do to stop these teams winning?

King Of The Cat Cafe

I think there is a single word appropriate description of some of the posters on here.

Tossers.

13 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Callum D for me. 

He's put himself in the running. He's done a phenomenal job at St Johnstone. 

7 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

And you know this how?

Work it out for yourself. No, I’ll do it for you. 12,000 season tickets at an average price of about £250 brings in roughly £3m. They typically go on sale in May and June. Our monthly running costs pre-pandemic were roughly £1m. Surely you can work out how long season ticket money pays the bills for?  They typically get us through the summer then all the other revenue streams kick-in eg walk-up tickets, match day revenue, commercial ie advertising etc , hospitality at games, prize money from SPFL, league cup and Scottish cup semi-finals and finals. 
It’s not rocket science. 

10 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

He’s also an expert at getting emptied out of cup competitions by FC Utter Naebodys.

Lost a cup final just recently. 

16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Show me using the words "Neilsons Fault". 

Blaming him for them winning it ‘twice on his watch’ yet it’s not his fault??????  How do you explain that? 

9 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I think there is a single word appropriate description of some of the posters on here.

Tossers.

👍and you probably think I’m one of them. 

20 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Correct. It really is that simple. If we dont win it then we have allowed some other team to win it, not rocket science.

This may actually be the worst point ever made on kickback

:cornette: 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Blaming him for them winning it ‘twice on his watch’ yet it’s not his fault??????  How do you explain that? 

IF Hibs win this years Scottish Cup, will that be the 2nd time since 1902 they have won it, both on his watch?

21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, she has said it exactly as I said. Cant be bothered finding it though. Probably 20 pages back on here 

Given that she's been silent for weeks, probably better if you "can't be bothered" to find something you claim has been talked about "a lot".

Just now, Gambo said:

IF Hibs win this years Scottish Cup, will that be the 2nd time since 1902 they have won it, both on his watch?

So you are saying it’s his fault just not using those words?  Just nonsense. 

• davemclaren locked this topic