New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Yet we retained a manager responsible for the 3 worst results in our history ?

3 worst results?  I'll give you one of them.

You are trying to bring Neilson into the Stendel argument and my view is you need to look at each separately.  They aren't related, but as bad as our form is just now it is better than when we finished with Stendel, which isn't saying a lot.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think if it was going to happen it would have already.  My money is on him still being manager come kick-off next season.

Too close to call to have a bet on it IMO and he’ll be gone by October in any case. 5 months too late.

Mars plastic
3 hours ago, 151 said:

To be fair Norwich are better than MK Dons.

Pretty silly comparison you've made. 

Also the "best league in the world" patter tells me you have a Sky Sports subscription. 

That post, from start to finish, tells me you’re an utter rod laver.

Edited by Mars plastic

4 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I wonder how many teams have won the Championship with the 4th biggest budget in the country? Nonsense from Hearts again

Hibs and Rangers failed with 2nd and  4th, I think

25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ll bump this thread about Christmas time, I’d imagine it’ll be about then. Just in case I forget, Merry Christmas.

🤣🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

And Stendel would not have been appointed if he hadn’t been flagged up on JKB. Binning him and bringing in what we brought was criminal.

I hope that is flippant saying JKB was responsible for the hiring of Stendel?

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Binning him was fine as he took us to rock bottom.  No excuses, just not good enough.

This

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You are trying to bring Neilson into the Stendel argument and my view is you need to look at each separately.  They aren't related, but as bad as our form is just now it is better than when we finished with Stendel, which isn't saying a lot.

How is it better when the guy beat Rangers twice in quick succession and we’ve just drawn 5 away on the trot in a diddy lower league and lost in 2 cups to teams of butchers bakers and candlestick makers 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, moonraker said:

Hibs and Rangers failed with 2nd and  4th, I think

not really relevant. They all came up when they were expected to come up, only the rangers hearts order was flipped

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

How is it better when the guy beat Rangers twice in quick succession and we’ve just drawn 5 away on the trot in a diddy lower league and lost in 2 cups to teams of butchers bakers and candlestick makers 

Just a pity the other results were utter horseshit against your Hamiltons and St Mirrens, taking us to rock bottom.

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The premier is certainly ‘the most difficult league in Scotland...to get promoted from’. It’s literally impossible. 

Indeed; my mistake for not reading the full sentence. My irritation is that the club seems quite keen to build up this season and this team as something to be celebrated when I really don't think they are. 

11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Just a pity the other results were utter horseshit against your Hamiltons and St Mirrens, taking us to rock bottom.

Aye because up until then our results against the Hamilton’s and St Mirrens had been great right enough.

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye because up until then our results against the Hamilton’s and St Mirrens had been great right enough.

He had one job to do and blew it, whatever way you look at it.

4 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

The full statement's on the Hearts website, which has the additional wording. You know what the press are like at twisting things people say! 

I'm not in any way defending the statement. I still think it's shocking. I just felt the BBC having picked that part of the statement and leaving out the rest of the sentence was a bit underhand. 

Yeah, I hadn’t looked there to be honest.

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He had one job to do and blew it, whatever way you look at it.

He had 8 games left unless you forgot. At least 3 at home to relegation rivals

Edited by JimmyCant

Clark Griswold
54 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ll bump this thread about Christmas time, I’d imagine it’ll be about then. Just in case I forget, Merry Christmas.

Can I have the present of yet another rebuild please? Ta

49 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Need to make sure we never have another scenario like appointing Stendal as that seemed to go on forever. 

Wasn’t exactly a quick appointment when we finally gave levein the job either. 

David Black
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

If she still has the majority of the shares by then, which she’s indicated she won’t, her re-election is a formality. 

Sorry Dave, not following on that. If she has the shares, yes, but if she hasn't then re-election is not a formality.

31 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Really?

Our form with Stendel after the winter break was:

Played 12

W 5

D 4

L 3

Neilson's current form:

Played 12

W 4

D 6

L 2

If Stendel's form was deemed bad enough to get sacked in the Premiership with cup games against league teams, it's kinda damming for Rob in the championship with a cup game against a non league team.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He won the first five last time, nothing indicates he will lose the first games. 

His recruitment got promoted first time, it wasn't awful. It can't be. 

Broro was awful. 

Also, a new manager could also lose the first five games, there is no guarantees either way. 

Do you then sack him? 

The difference is Robbie has past form for us in the league, very good form at that. 

Anyway, he's here and unlikely going anywhere. You can either wallow and hope we lose games next season so he gets sacked or get behind Hearts, whoever the manager is. 

He's awful as a manager and will get pelters from the fans whenever we get back.

davemclaren
39 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Indeed; my mistake for not reading the full sentence. My irritation is that the club seems quite keen to build up this season and this team as something to be celebrated when I really don't think they are. 

This is a league to get out off and not dwell on. 

tolcross lad
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Disagree with almost all that. 

You missed out covid and reduced match day income when talking about the reason for financial shortcomings for this entire season and likely part of next. 

It wil be a  significant amount. 

Also, I don't think her leaving next week improves the football side at all. 

I don't think she has any input to the football side now,  if she does then questions need to be asked of the new CEO, jj and Savage and why they are there. 

Also, every football club does not bin its owner and mgt team on promotion. 

In fact, I just disagree with almost all of it. 

But, going around in circles. 

I maybe wrong but my understanding of the current structure is that Neilson reports directly to Budge?

If that is the case she is still very involved in football matters.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

He had one job to do and failed.  He had his own transfer window and what he brought in wasn't an improvement.  Then there is the keeper....

That St Mirren performance when it mattered was enough on its own to bin him.

Your'e being very dismissive of a coach who  only had 15 weeks to work out what the hell he had walked into.     Levein had 2 years, yet failed to stop our decline despite several hundred thousand he got to spend  from FoH.     Mistake playing Pereira, yes.    Are you really saying   Boyce & Sibbick weren't an improvement ?    

1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

That post, from start to finish, tells me you’re an utter rod laver.

What :lol:

What part of it is wrong like :lol:

I was actually making a point of saying that Norwich have far better resources and are a yoyo club between the divisions. 

Mk Dons are pish but are still way above the level Neilson can manage at.

The statement you made about the EPL is straight from Sky sports whether you like it or not :lol:

This place is bizarre man full of the most precious folk going.

14 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Your'e being very dismissive of a coach who  only had 15 weeks to work out what the hell he had walked into.     Levein had 2 years, yet failed to stop our decline despite several hundred thousand he got to spend  from FoH.     Mistake playing Pereira, yes.    Are you really saying   Boyce & Sibbick weren't an improvement ?    

Was Boyce really scouted by Stendel?  Sibbick played about two games.  Then there was that German midfielder.

Stendel had one target - keep Hearts in the premiership, and Robbie had one - get promoted.  Which one achieved their target, and which failed?

On 05/04/2021 at 12:54, Hendolad said:

Spoke to someone very close to our manager last night.100% a new manager will be appointed for next season.Rob has acknowledged this but mutual respect will see him get us over the line this season.I believe the new manager has already identified changes that he wants made and promises have been given to allow this to happen.

I said the other day that I hope once he leaves and the new man is in charge that the awful names our manager has been called will stop and people will realise all he has ever wanted is the best for Hearts.Hes such a nice guy and very loyal.This hasn't ended how any of us wanted but it is what it is.Lets just get the league won and let him go with our thanks and respect.

Expecting an announcement now we have lifted the cup. Wonder how your mate "Bob" is this afternoon. 

51 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Expecting an announcement now we have lifted the cup. Wonder how your mate "Bob" is this afternoon. 

An announcement will come.I've already stated when it will be.If you can't read then I can't help you.

Strange little guy.If you aren't lying on here with your scoops you are running onto the pitch at Dingwall.

As a side note, thanks Rob/Robbie it's just not been good enough. 

Why did you run onto the field?

Edited by Hendolad

1 minute ago, Hendolad said:

An announcement will come.I've already stated when it will be.If you can't read then I can't help you.

Strange little guy.If you aren't lying on here with your scoops you are running onto the pitch at Dingwall.

😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Hendolad said:

Last paragraph is a bit snidey talking like that about one of your pals. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Last paragraph is a bit snidey talking like that about one of your pals. 

Keep it up.

He's leaving, you lot trying to take the Mickey out of me will look rather silly.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Was Boyce really scouted by Stendel?  Sibbick played about two games.  Then there was that German midfielder.

Stendel had one target - keep Hearts in the premiership, and Robbie had one - get promoted.  Which one achieved their target, and which failed?

Boyce was admired and wanted by Levein. We probably would have signed him either way. Fantastic footballer - much more of a complete player than I thought we were getting.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, Hendolad said:

Keep it up.

He's leaving, you lot trying to take the Mickey out of me will look rather silly.

I'm praying your correct bud. 🙏

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Hendolad said:

Keep it up.

I for one am on the Hendo train.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Boyce was admired and wanted by Levein. We probably would have signed him either way.

That is my take on it.  McPhee would have had a fair bit of input in recommending him I'd expect.  That is far more likely than thinking it was a Stendel recommendation.

14 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

Keep it up.

Chill out man. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Chill out man. 

sorry.im just trying to tell people what is happening.im not out to make stuff up.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Hendolad said:

sorry.im just trying to tell people what is happening.im not out to make stuff up.

Hendo mate. If your just posting genuine stuff ignore the trolls.

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Thanks Typoon.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Hendolad said:

Thanks Typoon.

No probs,there's loads of us appreciate genuine posters.

I'm with Hendolad on this one.

Is there any reason why he would want to make this stuff up?

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

But what if he's the troll? 

giphy.gif

Seems legit. Close friends always share big controversial news meant to be kept secret with other people who then share it on the internet straight away. I know I do.

25 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

Keep it up.

When did you say the announcement would be. I’ve read a few pages and can’t see the timing on your posts. Maybe I missed it.

Big Slim Stylee
27 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

Keep it up.

I’m not taking the piss but you’re absolutely incorrect?

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

You can’t possibly judge that man with what he walked into and what little time he had to fix it. He had the right approach with the wrong set of players. Should have been given this season. Right man. Wrong time. He’d have pished this league by 30 points with his style of football

👌💯

Always welcome and appreciate OP statements like this.

look at the debate and interest it’s caused

FWIW I don’t doubt for a second the OP is passing on what they’ve heard.

the key is - who he’s heard it from. 

39 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

Why did you run onto the field?

Appreciate the snippets lad. Keep them coming 👍🏻 You give us hope 🤞🏻

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think I am mistaken for a Neilson fan,  I'm not,  just not a hater. 

On the home performance overall I would have sympathy.

On away form and cups, I really don't, both will be important to our future success. 

Some of the hatred is so far gone and OTT its ugly, but with a good nucleus and a higher level coach we can do well. 

Ultimately, not even the cups, not even Brora, but being able to dominate and win on the road is the deciding factor for me, it's been rather poor, our home form has won it.

Away results need to be better to be a top 6 side

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I think I am mistaken for a Neilson fan,  I'm not,  just not a hater. 

On the home performance overall I would have sympathy.

On away form and cups, I really don't, both will be important to our future success. 

Some of the hatred is so far gone and OTT its ugly, but with a good nucleus and a higher level coach we can do well. 

Ultimately, not even the cups, not even Brora, but being able to dominate and win on the road is the deciding factor for me, it's been rather poor, our home form has won it.

Away results need to be better to be a top 6 side

Wholeheartedly agree with everything you have just written. Good post. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
14 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

Thanks Typoon.

Some mate you are. You got his wife on whatsapp too pal? Maybe get her on here and we can get her opinion on it.

Until then away back to Easter road.

6 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Some mate you are. You got his wife on whatsapp too pal? Maybe get her on here and we can get her opinion on it.

Until then away back to Easter road.

No problem.

• davemclaren locked this topic