New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe, or maybe sticking with the manager that got us promoted and has a league record with us of 1st, 3rd, ( left in 2nd), 1st is a good way to get us back up towards the top half of the league and at least consistent again?

I see merit in both sides.

If he goes- he goes. if he stays I hope he can do what he has done in the past.

Whatever happens, I'll renew and hope we start well next season.

Much as I don’t mind your posts this 2nd when he left pisses me off. We were second technically but we had played more games than Rangers and Aberdeen. If you had said we were comfortably top 4 then fair enough. Misleading to say second with no context if you want to be fair in the discussion.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We need more than 3  our injury record is shocking so we need extra cover just for that

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

OK. 

Time will tell. 

You've sort of been saying that for four years now.  

Why begin a new season with the atmosphere that is around the fans and club knowing a couple of bad results at the start and next season is written off.  

He is far too toxic to begin a new season with. 

Budge should do the decent thing and confirm to the fans that he is definitely here next season so the ones you think should stay away can take a genuine break from the club until he, and her, are gone.  

Simple statement that would let everyone know where they really are.  This would let us know if most fans are going to accept him next season.  Too much to lose with confirming him as manager next year?

The club is more important than neilson getting a chance to win the fans back so he needs to go. 

ford donald
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

‘The most difficult league in Scotland’ 

When was the last time it went to the wire ? When was the last time it wasn’t won by a stroll. When was the last time it was neck and neck all the way through the season ? Even this poor Hearts team has won this league unopposed.

That statement is nothing more that made up justification to keep Neilson as manager. Ms Budge really needs to look under the bonnet and kick the tyres sometimes before making ludicrous embarrassing statements which make us a constant figure of fun 

The most difficult league in scotland,laughable,she needs to change her medication,Time she was retiring.

Italian Lambretta
36 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Spoke to colleague at work this week about Alex Neil (a Celtic fan), her view was that he was probably too big a name for Hearts. 

Who on earth do some people think we're going to for for?

Look at recent appointments.

Hearts: Robbie (Scottish Championship) Stendel ( English League 1)

Hibs: Jack Ross (English league 1)

Aberdeen: Glass (MLS reserves)

Motherwell: Alexander (English national League)

Kilmarnock: Wright (Scottish premiership)

We can't turn down a manager who has reasonable success at English Championship level.

Derek McInnes consistently taken his team to 3rd in the league and a place in europe each season.

But according to some fandans on kb he's not what they want. Bunch of utter cretins some people on this forum.

If he consistently took Hearts to 3rd in the league and place in europe every season we would all be happy with that. Its where our club should be and if we can mount a challenge to the ugly sisters then its a bonus.

But no we'll settle for a top 6 place if we are lucky and 3 more years of mediocrity.

A_A wehatethehibs

Maybe it was just a typo and she missed the “2nd” in “2nd most difficult league in Scotland”

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

You've sort of been saying that for four years now.  

Why begin a new season with the atmosphere that is around the fans and club knowing a couple of bad results at the start and next season is written off.  

He is far too toxic to begin a new season with. 

Budge should do the decent thing and confirm to the fans that he is definitely here next season so the ones you think should stay away can take a genuine break from the club until he, and her, are gone.  

Simple statement that would let everyone know where they really are.  This would let us know if most fans are going to accept him next season.  Too much to lose with confirming him as manager next year?

The club is more important than neilson getting a chance to win the fans back so he needs to go. 

I suppose she would say: “why would I announce nothing is changing?” 

Clubs don’t usually announce that everything is staying the same. 

However I wonder if she will actually congratulate the team and Robbie publicly and she may take that opportunity to make it clear she and Robbie are looking forward to next season. 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, sadj said:

Much as I don’t mind your posts this 2nd when he left pisses me off. We were second technically but we had played more games than Rangers and Aberdeen. If you had said we were comfortably top 4 then fair enough. Misleading to say second with no context if you want to be fair in the discussion.

OK, 1st, 3rd, left in third, 1st.

Point still stands. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

20 minutes ago, sadj said:

The Premier was weaker the last time we finished in 3rd as well. Celtic were so far ahead and Aberdeen finished where i would've expected them to given there was no Rangers or Hibs in it with us. Dundee Utd were that shit they were also relegated. Times have changed since 2015 and i reckon Budge will be quite happy with a top 6 finish. Years ago she said nothing less than fourth will do. Since then, mediocre set in and is the new acceptance.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Based on what we've witnessed this season, what we witnessed last season with Dundee Utd, I don't think RN has it.

If he stays then I'm sure however sceptical one may be, wanting the team winning is a given.

Good on you.

I do. 

For some, some have posted they'd want us beat so it may help speed up the sacking Neilson, so it's not a given for all. Many posters have also  indicated a feeling for this in the past

Thanks. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Well nobody knows of course. The conversation is about anticipation based on current evidence. Do you look at Neilson and see a top six manager or do you go out NOW and get one you DO see a top six manager in.

Yes, because he has done it. 

Also, top 6 manager - even CL managed that and folk wanted him sacked. 

I think we'll be in around the top 4, no matter who is manager Tbh. 

Robbie has a good a chance as any of doing it imo. 

The cup performances concern me far more than the league, Robbie has a good league record in Scotland. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The cup performances concern me far more than the league, Robbie has a good league record in Scotland. 

:laugh2:

Been a while since I checked this thread and no surprise to see this sort of shite by this poster still clogging up the pages.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We won’t be Top 6 with the current squad.....and going by the standard of accusations made in the last two windows.....I didn’t see anything all that different from the previous 10-12 transfer windows.

davemclaren
34 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Maybe it was just a typo and she missed the “2nd” in “2nd most difficult league in Scotland”

It is indeed which is probably why she described the Championship as the ‘most difficult league to get promoted from’.  

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I suppose she would say: “why would I announce nothing is changing?” 

Clubs don’t usually announce that everything is staying the same. 

However I wonder if she will actually congratulate the team and Robbie publicly and she may take that opportunity to make it clear she and Robbie are looking forward to next season. 

There certainly should be an end of season statement to outline what the future will hold. 

Auldbenches
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk wanted him sacked because anything less that 4th was supposed to be unacceptable. 

You were happy to keep him.on when he had us a lot lower than that.  That shows the drop in standards expected and why we are where we are.  

David Black

What's going to happen here is that we start next season with RN and his new, improved team. He is found out yet again by October and is sacked, but by that time Alex.Neil for example has taken up another job and we miss out. We then scramble around looking to see who is out of work or have to pay compensation for someone who is employed with another club. We spend the usual countless weeks going through the process and by the time we appoint coach x we are floundering near the bottom of the league and another season wasted. The plus side is that that takes us up nicely to the AGM when Ann Budge will have to explain why the shares are still not transferred and at the same time will be standing for re-election which I think is due this year. Either way she is going to have some explaining to do. 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There certainly should be an end of season statement to outline what the future will hold. 

A Plan? Ooh 😁

7 minutes ago, David Black said:

What's going to happen here is that we start next season with RN and his new, improved team. He is found out yet again by October and is sacked, but by that time Alex.Neil for example has taken up another job and we miss out. We then scramble around looking to see who is out of work or have to pay compensation for someone who is employed with another club. We spend the usual countless weeks going through the process and by the time we appoint coach x we are floundering near the bottom of the league and another season wasted. The plus side is that that takes us up nicely to the AGM when Ann Budge will have to explain why the shares are still not transferred and at the same time will be standing for re-election which I think is due this year. Either way she is going to have some explaining to do. 

Scramble? We’ll do anything but. What was it, 6 weeks before we appointed Stendel after sacking Levein? Which ultimately saw us plumit further down the table. Budge doesn’t have a clue and that’s why Neilson will still be here this time next year regardless of where we finish.  

David Black
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There certainly should, but going by the last few statements it will be more condescending rubbish and we are being told Robbie is staying, we are back up, the club need you to buy season tickets to enable it to sign players and shut up. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

100% this.

And I’m clinging on to this happening after the traditional “end of season review”....which explains why it’s been pretty silent recently and it leads to both Ann Budge and Robbie Neilson moving on. 

This club needs to be reignited once again.....the accepting attitude of failure has to be driven out the club and it starts with the removal of those two.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

This is my concern. If Robbie gets to start the season i can't see us winning many games. We've struggled against Championship teams so why would we not against Premier teams? 

This is what makes me laugh when the cheerleaders deliberately reference Neilson walking away when Hearts were sitting 2nd - as though it's an indicator of what he's capable of next season. And yet, we're supposed to ignore the continually dire performances that pretty much cover the entire current season - cos that's NOT an indicator of what we can expect next season. 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, kila said:

:laugh2:

Been a while since I checked this thread and no surprise to see this sort of shite by this poster still clogging up the pages.

So CL never finished on the top 6?

The poster I replied to was demanding a manager to get us top 6 and felt Robbie couldn’t do it. 

By using CL as an example there was a flaw in his  line of argument, I pointed it out. 

If you're gonna add to the clogging of shite at least explain yourself as CL did finish in the top 6, that is a fact. It's not shite. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

100% this.

And I’m clinging on to this happening after the traditional “end of season review”....which explains why it’s been pretty silent recently and it leads to both Ann Budge and Robbie Neilson moving on. 

This club needs to be reignited once again.....the accepting attitude of failure has to be driven out the club and it starts with the removal of those two.

I think there is a good chance of Robbie moving on and Ann removing herself further away from the football side  than she already has. 

If Ann leaves and cuts all ties we could be in trouble, we'll have a big covid financial gap to fill this season. This needs to be resolved before any ownership changes. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I think there is a good chance of Robbie moving on and Ann removing herself further away from the football side  than she already has. 

If Ann leaves and cuts all ties we could be in trouble, we'll have a big covid financial gap to fill this season. This needs to be resolved before any ownership changes. 

It’s time to cut the apron strings and move on.......any money being brought in is frequently squandered so let’s try something different. If St Johnstone can survive and win more trophies then we have in the last 10 years on a fraction of our budget then there is no excuses for us being in trouble.

So, has the new manager been appointed yet?

I thought the OP was ITK and am genuinely shocked if it isn't true. 😬

davemclaren
51 minutes ago, David Black said:

If she still has the majority of the shares by then, which she’s indicated she won’t, her re-election is a formality. 

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

It’s time to cut the apron strings and move on.......any money being brought in is frequently squandered so let’s try something different. If St Johnstone can survive and win more trophies then we have in the last 10 years on a fraction of our budget then there is no excuses for us being in trouble.

Would all depend on how the millions we are in debt to her is paid back. It would be reasonable that she still has a board seat, like Wallace Mercer did, until that happens. We do need a new chair though. 

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This is what makes me laugh when the cheerleaders deliberately reference Neilson walking away when Hearts were sitting 2nd - as though it's an indicator of what he's capable of next season. And yet, we're supposed to ignore the continually dire performances that pretty much cover the entire current season - cos that's NOT an indicator of what we can expect next season. 

There was really only Aberdeen to compete with the last time we finished third. Celtic were walking that Premier League under Rogers. Next season will be different. Rangers will probably go from strength to strength, Celtic will be back with new signings and a new manager, Hibs will (unfortunately) be there or there about, Aberdeen we'll have to wait and see what Glass does but i'd still expect them to be in and around fourth/fifth. Add in that Dundee Utd are back in the League (not that they should be a problem but they still weren't there that time either) and there's always a club like St Johnstone punching above their weight. I remember Neilson only winning one in nine or something against them last time as well as struggling to beat Hibs. This is why we need a fresh approach. If we don't we'll find it hard to beat the St Mirren's and Livingston's, never mind the teams up the top. The frustrating thing is that the majority of our players could walk into another team (Jason Roberts has basically proved that at Motherwell) and be an important player for them. Most of our players are Premier quality. A complete change in coaching, tactics and style is needed for them to show their quality and not be shackled into dull, zonal, containment football which bores them and walks into the oppositions hands from the start.  Must be the easiest team talk the opposition ever have when they play us. We should be forcing their manager to work out what we're going to do. We hold the ball, fire it from side to side or back the way (Gordon must be the busiest keeper in Scotland with the amount of possession he gets) and the opposition just sit in and wait until the inevitable slack pass occurs (which it always does) then they attack. 

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I understand the concerns, but There is evidence to suggest we can be consistent in the league. 

We are first this season for a start. 

There was nothing in it in the games v hibs and celtic and he's also done it before over a decent period of time with us. 

It's not guaranteed, and we might struggle but I think we are over estimating the other teams and if anything there is evidence to suggest we'll be more than fine in the top flight. 

The cups are a different matter. 

In his first spell, yes, you could argue that but in all fairness the first spell he had is in the past, and consigned to the history books 

It’s not like he hasn’t at least been given a chance. He has had all season, plus the cup runs. In all honesty the championship has been piss poor. We have had no competition with all the teams, outside of us, a much of a muchness 

next year will be a big step up - no question we will be playing better teams - we showed it in one off games Vs the hobos and septic, but this year, overall, we have struggled to beat or have been beaten by vastly inferior opposition. I just don’t believe that Neilson has what it takes - the thing that I struggle with is performances from some of his signings 

Bottom line is that he has presided over some of the worst results in our history and it has only took him less than a year to achieve that feat 

Kingsley, Gnando, frear, Roberts, kasteneer,  Halliday not done anything worth of note. The minute Roberts moves to Motherwell he starts to show signs of what he can do.

Far too much risk continuing with RN and I don’t think that because of what he done with his first spell is a good enough reason to continue with him at the helm 

4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

In his first spell, yes, you could argue that but in all fairness the first spell he had is in the past, and consigned to the history books 

It’s not like he hasn’t at least been given a chance. He has had all season, plus the cup runs. In all honesty the championship has been piss poor. We have had no competition with all the teams, outside of us, a much of a muchness 

next year will be a big step up - no question we will be playing better teams - we showed it in one off games Vs the hobos and septic, but this year, overall, we have struggled to beat or have been beaten by vastly inferior opposition. I just don’t believe that Neilson has what it takes - the thing that I struggle with is performances from some of his signings 

Bottom line is that he has presided over some of the worst results in our history and it has only took him less than a year to achieve that feat 

Kingsley, Gnando, frear, Roberts, kasteneer,  Halliday not done anything worth of note. The minute Roberts moves to Motherwell he starts to show signs of what he can do.

Far too much risk continuing with RN and I don’t think that because of what he done with his first spell is a good enough reason to continue with him at the helm 

Pretty much my thoughts in the above post.

43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nobody is asking her to cut all ties. All that’s being asked is she finally passes the club on to the rightful and legal owners who have paid her for it. There is no sound reason I’m aware of why that hasn’t been done.

As for financially, apart from her initial investment which she has now had back plus fees and interest and apart from the £3million loan she made to cover her taking her eye off the ball (and that’s putting it mildly) in stand costs, which she will also get back, she hasn’t put any finance into the club. She’s not a benefactor and even our benefactors have no say in the running of the club

We are no worse off financially without her. I’m not saying we’re in a great place financially, particularly with the finance required to upgrade the squad and pay off people who aren’t good enough but that financial shortcoming is due entirely to mistakes a redundant and incompetent football club sole owner has made since she entered the building.

If she wants a lifetime presidency, fine, no issue with that, but she needs to hand over the decision making processes NOW because we’re not progressing with her in charge.

if something isn’t working at a football club, be that the manager, the playing squad or the executive, you put your hands up, you accept the mistake, you accept the cost of changing it and you do it. That’s what EVERY club does. 

Edited by JimmyCant

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I'm not comfortable with that as a plan for Hearts. 

If Neilson is still manager a week after the Raith game then he'll be manager for the opening game of next season.

3 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

So just to clarify, there is still no new manager incoming? 

I’ll bump this thread about Christmas time, I’d imagine it’ll be about then. Just in case I forget, Merry Christmas.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, David Black said:

spot on, though we will take 6 weeks and appoint Stuart McCall. It’s madness

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

spot on, though we will take 6 weeks and appoint Stuart McCall. It’s madness

Need to make sure we never have another scenario like appointing Stendal as that seemed to go on forever. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Nobody is asking her to cut all ties. All that’s being asked is she finally passes the club on to the rightful and legal owners who have paid her for it. There is no sound reason I’m aware of why that hasn’t been done.

As for financially, apart from her initial investment which she has now had back plus fees and interest and apart from the £3million loan she made to cover her taking her eye off the ball (and that’s putting it mildly) in stand costs, which she will also get back, she hasn’t put any finance into the club. She’s not a benefactor and even our benefactors have no say in the running of the club

We are no worse off financially without her. I’m not saying we’re in a great place financially, particularly with the finance required to upgrade the squad and pay off people who aren’t good enough but that financial shortcoming is due entirely to mistakes a redundant and incompetent football club sole owner has made since she entered the building.

If she wants a lifetime presidency, fine, no issue with that, but she needs to hand over the decision making processes NOW because we’re not progressing with her in charge.

if something isn’t working at a football club, be that the manager, the playing squad or the executive, you put your hands up, you accept the mistake, you accept the cost of changing it and you do it. That’s what EVERY club does. 

Disagree with almost all that. 

You missed out covid and reduced match day income when talking about the reason for financial shortcomings for this entire season and likely part of next. 

It wil be a  significant amount. 

Also, I don't think her leaving next week improves the football side at all. 

I don't think she has any input to the football side now,  if she does then questions need to be asked of the new CEO, jj and Savage and why they are there. 

Also, every football club does not bin its owner and mgt team on promotion. 

In fact, I just disagree with almost all of it. 

But, going around in circles. 

2 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Need to make sure we never have another scenario like appointing Stendal as that seemed to go on forever. 

And Stendel would not have been appointed if he hadn’t been flagged up on JKB. Binning him and bringing in what we brought was criminal.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Not for me, but I can see why he might be removed mainly due to the Broro result. 

Either way, I'll move forward. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

And Stendel would not have been appointed if he hadn’t been flagged up on JKB. Binning him and bringing in what we brought was criminal.

Binning him was fine as he took us to rock bottom.  No excuses, just not good enough.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Not for me, but I can see why he might be removed mainly due to the Broro result. 

Either way, I'll move forward. 

But you’d rather stand still yes ? 

So is their a new manager incoming or are we stuck with jobbie for another season? Can someone who is genuinely in the know, just put us all out of our misery, one way or another.

Just now, frankblack said:

Binning him was fine as he took us to rock bottom.  No excuses, just not good enough.

You can’t possibly judge that man with what he walked into and what little time he had to fix it. He had the right approach with the wrong set of players. Should have been given this season. Right man. Wrong time. He’d have pished this league by 30 points with his style of football

Just now, JimmyCant said:

You can’t possibly judge that man with what he walked into and what little time he had to fix it. He had the right approach with the wrong set of players. Should have been given this season. Right man. Wrong time. He’d have pished this league by 30 points with his style of football

He had one job to do and failed.  He had his own transfer window and what he brought in wasn't an improvement.  Then there is the keeper....

That St Mirren performance when it mattered was enough on its own to bin him.

Just now, gregzy2k7 said:

So is their a new manager incoming or are we stuck with jobbie for another season? Can someone who is genuinely in the know, just put us all out of our misery, one way or another.

Know one knows mate. Believe this one only when you see it. It will be a quick one out one in in the same day and it will be soon, or it’s not happening at all. If he is still here in 4-5 weeks he’ll be staying

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He had one job to do and failed.  He had his own transfer window and what he brought in wasn't an improvement.  Then there is the keeper....

That St Mirren performance when it mattered was enough on its own to bin him.

Yet we continue with a manager responsible for the 3 worst results in our entire history ?

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Know one knows mate. Believe this one only when you see it. It will be a quick one out one in in the same day and it will be soon, or it’s not happening at all. If he is still here in 4-5 weeks he’ll be staying

I think if it was going to happen it would have already.  My money is on him still being manager come kick-off next season.

• davemclaren locked this topic