New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

Got a feeling Robbie now wants to leave. Medal round his neck and his stock undamaged.....kind of....!.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robbie gone!!

*to the shop for a few beers to celebrate his massive achievement.

Budge regularly phones a gentleman in a small edinburgh pub and discusses all things HMFC.  The gentleman is a good friend of mine. All I can say is, Neil incoming.  Strange but true

4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Was Boyce really scouted by Stendel?  Sibbick played about two games.  Then there was that German midfielder.

Stendel had one target - keep Hearts in the premiership, and Robbie had one - get promoted.  Which one achieved their target, and which failed?

The Scottish football authorities failed us. We would never have been fighting relegation in the first place if it wasn’t for McPhee and Levein, and Ann’s inept decisions when employing Football Managers 

Lets not forget who created the shit show, that Stendel faced, in the very first place

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

After another straight forward win, I just cant see the board removing Robbie.

Yep, 2 straightforward wins in 8 is good going 😏😎

jamboinglasgow
Just now, GinRummy said:

Yep, 2 straightforward wins in 8 is good going 😏😎

Didn't say that it was right way for the board to look at it.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Didn't say that it was right way for the board to look at it.

It’s 2 in 7 anyway, not 8. I got your point mate, I was only pulling your leg. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I think I am mistaken for a Neilson fan,  I'm not,  just not a hater. 

On the home performance overall I would have sympathy.

On away form and cups, I really don't, both will be important to our future success. 

Some of the hatred is so far gone and OTT its ugly, but with a good nucleus and a higher level coach we can do well. 

Ultimately, not even the cups, not even Brora, but being able to dominate and win on the road is the deciding factor for me, it's been rather poor, our home form has won it.

Away results need to be better to be a top 6 side

This is exactly where I am...don’t understand some of the bile that people spout about 2 people that have given so much to the club; their time may be up, but some of the abuse is way too much.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s 2 in 7 anyway, not 8. I got your point mate, I was only pulling your leg. 

sorry, didn't mean to be so defensive there. Yeah it has not been good.

Horatio Caine
30 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Budge regularly phones a gentleman in a small edinburgh pub and discusses all things HMFC.  The gentleman is a good friend of mine. All I can say is, Neil incoming.  Strange but true

Jolly judge?

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

sorry, didn't mean to be so defensive there. Yeah it has not been good.

👍

Rogue Daddy
6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

You can’t possibly judge that man with what he walked into and what little time he had to fix it. He had the right approach with the wrong set of players. Should have been given this season. Right man. Wrong time. He’d have pished this league by 30 points with his style of football

Agree with you mate. Right man, wrong time. 👍

6 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

not really relevant. They all came up when they were expected to come up, only the rangers hearts order was flipped

Sorry to be a pedant but it actually is relevant, TheRangers had the second biggest budget, Aberdeen the 3rd and Hibs the 4th and we trounced them in the championship and both ended up spending longer there than they were expecting, TheRangers by one year and Hibs by another. So they never came up when they expected to 

That said, what I would give for the heart, the passion, the fight and the flair of that Championship winning team right now 

Auld Reekin'
29 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Is that the Russian looking guy who's always at the payphone? If so, I know exactly who you mean...   :icon14:

45 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

I think it's a Fife pub and he tells her to ignore the very small minority.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

I think it's a Fife pub and he tells her to ignore the very small minority.

Nope. I have it on good authority it’s a Fife bookies.

1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

I'm with Hendolad on this one.

Is there any reason why he would want to make this stuff up?

To encourage the wishful thinkers in here maybe?  If he knew he was leaving I doubt Neilson would have been talking to Hearts tv and media after today’s game. I also don’t think Budge would strung him along then punt him. Would be very out of character but who knows. 

16 minutes ago, combo74 said:

This is exactly where I am...don’t understand some of the bile that people spout about 2 people that have given so much to the club; their time may be up, but some of the abuse is way too much.

In this situation you’re always going to get what I call Polar Bears.

He is world class and I fecking love him 

He is utter shite and I fecking hate him.

Nothing in between that

A bit like when Levein left. Nothing but respect for the guy but he was dragging us downwards and the spiral didn’t stop and probably hasn’t fully stopped yet.

We’ll get back to what we once were and it won’t be whilst Robbie is the manager but he doesn’t deserve personal abuse because he has and is trying his best. Unfortunately his best is pretty short of what we need.

Greedy Jambo

Neilson certainly didn't look like a manager that is leaving.

Happy as Larry, earlier today. 

47 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Hopefully not McCann 😬

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

Always welcome and appreciate OP statements like this.

look at the debate and interest it’s caused

FWIW I don’t doubt for a second the OP is passing on what they’ve heard.

the key is - who he’s heard it from. 

A good source or voices in his head? 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I think I am mistaken for a Neilson fan,  I'm not,  just not a hater. 

On the home performance overall I would have sympathy.

On away form and cups, I really don't, both will be important to our future success. 

Some of the hatred is so far gone and OTT its ugly, but with a good nucleus and a higher level coach we can do well. 

Ultimately, not even the cups, not even Brora, but being able to dominate and win on the road is the deciding factor for me, it's been rather poor, our home form has won it.

Away results need to be better to be a top 6 side

Correct though I think there’s not a lot of difference between top 4/5 in championship and bottom six in top league so too 6 shouldn’t be a big ask. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Chill out man. 

Guaranteed hes popping back between here and .Net reporting on how many halfwits hes hooked on here .

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

In this situation you’re always going to get what I call Polar Bears.

He is world class and I fecking love him 

He is utter shite and I fecking hate him.

Nothing in between that

A bit like when Levein left. Nothing but respect for the guy but he was dragging us downwards and the spiral didn’t stop and probably hasn’t fully stopped yet.

We’ll get back to what we once were and it won’t be whilst Robbie is the manager but he doesn’t deserve personal abuse because he has and is trying his best. Unfortunately his best is pretty short of what we need.

Good post. 

Just now, ramrod said:

Guaranteed hes popping back between here and .Net reporting on how many halfwits hes hooked on here .

I think he’s just a young guy who’s new to this sort of lions den 😂. Let’s face it, even a passing comment is met with demands for conclusive proof by the jkb online community. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I think he’s just a young guy who’s new to this sort of lions den 😂. Let’s face it, even a passing comment is met with demands for conclusive proof by the jkb online community. 

True , amazing how many , understandably, want  to believe in what they are hoping for.

There is absolutely zero and I mean zero chance of Robbie being sacked by the board.  That should be pretty obvious to anyone with a modicum of knowledge and common sense I would have thought. 

Just now, ramrod said:

True , amazing how many , understandably, want  to believe in what they are hoping for.

There is absolutely zero and I mean zero chance of Robbie being sacked by the board.  That should be pretty obvious to anyone with a modicum of knowledge and common sense I would have thought. 

I agree. If it was a matter of timing he’d have gone immediately after the league title was secured. 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

To encourage the wishful thinkers in here maybe?  If he knew he was leaving I doubt Neilson would have been talking to Hearts tv and media after today’s game. I also don’t think Budge would strung him along then punt him. Would be very out of character but who knows. 

You're right.....It's more in hope, rather than based on concrete evidence.
I still find it strange that Budge hasn't come out with anything to quell the unrest. Unless she believes like Levein it is just a noisy minority causing a stir! 

Mars plastic
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Not a chance Robbie is going anywhere 😂😂

100% this. 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Absolutely. She gave him a three year deal with objectives for each year. Year one the only objective was to win promotion with a vastly reduced budget. He did that. Style hasn’t been great, performances poor at times, Brora and Alloa unacceptable in the cups, Hibs very good in the cup, Celtic excellent and so so close in the cup but these were side-events to the only over-riding objective. Highly unlikely she will part ways with him. Only way he won’t be here come August is if he gets a better offer and decides to jump ship. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

This is one of those threads on Kickback where you can't lose.

Hendolad is correct about "Bob" - general happiness abounds.

Hendolad is wrong about "Bob" - thread carnage!

3 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

You're right.....It's more in hope, rather than based on concrete evidence.
I still find it strange that Budge hasn't come out with anything to quell the unrest. Unless she believes like Levein it is just a noisy minority causing a stir! 

I don’t think she plays to the fans. Most of her statements seem to annoy a lot of the fans and certainly don’t pander to them. Stuff like standing instead of sitting, sectarian/racist comments et al have all been met with statements that a number of fans don’t like. She knows what she wants to do and gets on with it. Whether we like that or not it’s what we have at the moment. Next couple of weeks will clarify things because signings should  be announced along with departures. If that happens he isn’t going anywhere. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Absolutely. She gave him a three year deal with objectives for each year. Year one the only objective was to win promotion with a vastly reduced budget. He did that. Style hasn’t been great, performances poor at times, Brora and Alloa unacceptable in the cups, Hibs very good in the cup, Celtic excellent and so so close in the cup but these were side-events to the only over-riding objective. Highly unlikely she will part ways with him. Only way he won’t be here come August is if he gets a better offer and decides to jump ship. 

What if the DoF wants someone in who he has worked previously with suddenly becomes available for hire?
It's a big if, but it might just be the answer to all Ann Budge's problems at this time!

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don’t think she plays to the fans. Most of her statements seem to annoy a lot of the fans and certainly don’t pander to them. Stuff like standing instead of sitting, sectarian/racist comments et al have all been met with statements that a number of fans don’t like. She knows what she wants to do and gets on with it. Whether we like that or not it’s what we have at the moment. Next couple of weeks will clarify things because signings should  be announced along with departures. If that happens he isn’t going anywhere. 

Correct.....At some date in May is the new Budgement day! (a bit poetic license) 

2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

What if the DoF wants someone in who he has worked previously with suddenly becomes available for hire?
It's a big if, but it might just be the answer to all Ann Budge's problems at this time!

We don’t have a DoF. Our Sporting Director doesn’t select the first team head coach/ manager. That might change in the future but not at the moment. Savage and Neilson both report directly to Budge. To be honest the jury is still out on just how competent our Sporting Director is. Not been in the job long enough to judge him. 

I can’t believe some people think Robbie’s going to toddle off at the end of season. He was on the radio pre-match today discussing plans for next year. I reckon a number of posters will need to keep their seethe going for a few months more.

43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

A good source or voices in his head? 

Indeed.

can be either. 

let’s see what transpires

my opinion - RN will be given signings and 10 games into next season 

23 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Agree with you mate. Right man, wrong time. 👍

Out of interest, what evidence do you have that supports this claim? Agree Stendel took over in difficult circumstances, but he totally failed to improve things, in fact based on actual results he made things worse. So, other than your "gut feel", what on earth do you base this claim on? 

Robbie, who many on here make out to be some sort of footballing antichrist, also took over in difficult circumstances. He has improved our results, and whilst we clearly have a lot of scope for improvement, many on here want him gone. Must confess to being baffled as to how Robbie is a terrible manager yet Stendel was the "right guy at the wrong time", when even a brief look at results clearly indicates this isn't the case.

south morocco
12 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Out of interest, what evidence do you have that supports this claim? Agree Stendel took over in difficult circumstances, but he totally failed to improve things, in fact based on actual results he made things worse. So, other than your "gut feel", what on earth do you base this claim on? 

Robbie, who many on here make out to be some sort of footballing antichrist, also took over in difficult circumstances. He has improved our results, and whilst we clearly have a lot of scope for improvement, many on here want him gone. Must confess to being baffled as to how Robbie is a terrible manager yet Stendel was the "right guy at the wrong time", when even a brief look at results clearly indicates this isn't the case.

Jesus. You are deluded. 

18 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Gawd, not another one!

Why do we always need to bring Stendel into the conversation to justify Neilson?

Improved our results?.....Drink is not for you tynewater...... 

Geoff Kilpatrick
22 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Mainly due to Stendel taking over an utter shitshow and trying to get that utter shitshow to play in a different style.

He also gets sympathy as he was shafted the most by the demotion. If we had played 38 games he would have been judged fairly either way.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

38 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Indeed.

can be either. 

let’s see what transpires

my opinion - RN will be given signings and 10 games into next season 

Yes. This is the big worry. Budge will risk yet another season being written off because she’s either too stupid or too stubborn (or both) to realise we’re going nowhere under Neilson. Roll up for the Budge time machine, folks. Next stop: autumn 2019.

31 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Do you think Robbie is the best manager Hearts could get for next season?

11 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Gawd, not another one!

Why do we always need to bring Stendel into the conversation to justify Neilson?

Improved our results?.....Drink is not for you tynewater...... 

you can class me as “another one” as well

It would have been great if Stendel worked out... but it didn’t 

was this season great?  No.  But we got job done, and imo Neilson deserves his shot in the premier league 

2 minutes ago, SuperPippo said:

was this season great?  No.  But we got job done, and imo Neilson deserves his shot in the premier league 

It’s not a case of what Neilson deserves. Is he the best man for the job? That’s the question, surely. 

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Mainly due to Stendel taking over an utter shitshow and trying to get that utter shitshow to play in a different style.

He also gets sympathy as he was shafted the most by the demotion. If we had played 38 games he would have been judged fairly either way.

Seen this mentioned as a defence of Stendel on a few occasions however that is one of his failures. In our position when he joined it was, at best, extremely naive of him to try and make such drastic changes to the playing style when the squad was crap and low on confidence. It showed a lack of experience on Stendels part to attempt this in the state we were in. 

1 minute ago, SuperPippo said:

OK.....that's fine I respect your viewpoint

But to constantly compare Stendel short, abridged season to Neilson's, long term stabilised season is ......well it's tedious IMO!

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not a case of what Neilson deserves. Is he the best man for the job? That’s the question, surely. 

Right now I believe he is best man for job because I believe in continuity in a football team.  I could be wrong but that’s my gut feel at the moment. 

• davemclaren locked this topic