SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )

Absolute Scenes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• graygo

• iainmac

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, south morocco said:

It’s probably even worse if they’re hiding behind a local rag to issue some form of communication. Show some balls and leadership for once ffs and sack the guy, he’s finished now anyway. 

No doubt.

As you say he's finished, even if we win the next 5 on the bounce, voices will quieten, but as soon as we get another bad result or two he'll be back to being hounded.  Managers don't come back from losing the support like that.

Silvery_Moon

Mods can you change the subject to 'No Board Statement yet' or merge with the Silence thread please as this is quite misleading. 

The sad thing is that if the fans did something wrong you would barely need to wait an hour for a Budge statement on the main site telling us how we should feel and behave.

Now she just hides away.. Neilson has to go.. No waiting, just go.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

"Hearts will embark upon a rebuilding programme again this summer and the board are likely to be asked to fund a number of new signings. At the same time, a list of players will be moved on – and not all of them will be out of contract."

This is the big problem right now, and although there is no excuse for a defeat to Brora it will undermine anything a manager is trying to do. Many fans will discard this a major issue but no doubt is a bigger factor than even I thought it would be.

Players out of contract know they are gone and even some under contract know they are ****ed. They don't care about us being promoted or not. They won't be here next season.

Yet we require these players to care and do a "good" job for us- not going to happen.

It will be a horrible and divided dressing room just now, the guys that do care will be fuming and the guys that are leaving won't be giving a ****.

Thankfully we are well clear, if it was tight and in a battle we'd be proper ****ed, promotion would not be a given.

I said it on another thread - only three of last nights starting 11 know they will be here next season. The other 8 either know they won’t or suspect they won’t be here. That was reflected in the lack of effort and desire. Today’s article in the EEN quoting aHearts source just confirms that. I don’t understand why we had five centre-backs involved last night when it’s clear that Berra is certainly going, Haring probably will be going as will Halkett. Popescu and Soutar should have been playing as they will be here next season. Similarly Boyce should have started not Kastaneer. Management errors but largely insipid player performances last night from guys who no longer care. 
Missing from starting action last night 

Gordon, Smith, Popescu, Soutar, Kingsley, Naismith, Halliday, Boyce, Henderson,  add any two others to that lot eg Walker and GMS and at least the desire would have been there. 

David Black

This highlights exactly how pathetic AB and her Bored are. An absolutely shocking statement. There is only one thing we can do, boycott PPV. boycott merchandise, boycott season tickets. Keep our FOH subs as by doing so we can call an EGM  and vote. We can't do that if not a member. By remaining a member we retain the power to exact change.

15 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

There is no other option than fand holding cash back.  Giving money just makes them feel vindicated.  

If she hasn't learnt from not sacking levein after the livi thrashing, she never will.  This is worse than that result.  

Ffs  they've even been interviewing the Brora manager on radio 5.  This is the biggest upset in Scottish domestic football.  That along with Alloa and the European result means he has to go. 

He also shat it against Celtic in the final where if we had went from.them at the beginning, we would've beat them.

This is his attitude and was confirmed in his statement the other day about not losing. 

He should be at home doing jigsaw rather than coach and inspire a football team. 

Nothing but a levein and budge appointment.  

What European result? Birkirkara? That was 5 years ago ffs. As for the final, gies peace we were 2 missed penalties away from winning it, going gung ho from the start might have saw us hammered.

7 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

There will be a stubbornness within AB that she doesn’t want to admit she has got another managerial appointment wrong. This will be the fourth in succession and starts to call into question her abilities to lead a football club.

There’s no doubting she pulled the club back from the brink of extinction and has done well in terms of the new stand and infrastructure.

However, it’s painfully obvious she cannot pick a football manager.

Whatever our opinion on Ann Budge I'd guess she doesn't choose the manager or get involved much in the footballing technicalities. She can only sign off what's been put in front of her.

The Robbie option was always a safe bet to get us back out of this league as he's done it twice before. For whatever reason Robbie left first time around I,m sure if he had stayed we wouldn't be in the position we are  in.

14 minutes ago, ScoPo said:

If he isn't gone by tonight, I am finished with Hearts.  

This is not the club I supported from 5 years of age.  This is not Heart of Midlothian.  

Right on the money.

I feel exactly the same, he should've gone already, how can he survive that result last night, levein all over again! ###kin joke of a club, the way its bein run, atm

If this continues the way it has, then what was the  point of saving the club, seriously! not for this.

He has to go.

ABSOLUTELY RAGGIN

1 minute ago, David Black said:

This highlights exactly how pathetic AB and her Bored are. An absolutely shocking statement. There is only one thing we can do, boycott PPV. boycott merchandise, boycott season tickets. Keep our FOH subs as by doing so we can call an EGM  and vote. We can't do that if not a member. By remaining a member we retain the power to exact change.

There is no statement. Just Anderson’s ideas of what it would be. 

Best to be done in an organised manner for maximum impact. Wait until we see if he is sacked in the next few days. If not we should warn and then proceed collectively to stopping all FOH payments and any forthcoming sales of season tickets. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, graygo said:

What European result? Birkirkara? That was 5 years ago ffs. As for the final, gies peace we were 2 missed penalties away from winning it, going gung ho from the start might have saw us hammered.

Nobody said gung ho, but at least have a go at them in a cup final when they were in absolute turmoil. 

16 minutes ago, ScoPo said:

If he isn't gone by tonight, I am finished with Hearts.  

This is not the club I supported from 5 years of age.  This is not Heart of Midlothian.  

It will still be Heart of Midlothian, cheerio. 🖐️

Time for the FOH board to put some pressure on. An embargo on the donations being passed on to the club until action is taken would be a start. Unthinkable the the club board would sit on their hands and do nothing after last nights complete embarrassment. They must know that the end has finally come for Neilson.

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, graygo said:

I think the final showed that he will always take the cautious approach.  They were hammering us because we were not going for it in the first half   look what happened when we did go for them.  So we would've been more than 2 down if we had went for it?   

It's why we will never cross a finishing line with his levein approach. 

Forever Hearts

It will still be Heart of Midlothian, cheerio. 🖐️

It's happy clappers like you that auld Budge listens to. Pity. 

27 minutes ago, iainmac said:

The Board of HMFC have released a statement through Barry Anderson basically saying "no plans to change the manager at this point". I couldn't disagree more - the league is already won, it's a perfect time to change, with one eye on next season. We can't possibly give RN a 3rtd transfer window and he's clearly lost the dressing room.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boards-plans-revealed-after-brora-rangers-defeat-as-fans-question-management-3176971

There are no "plans" in that statement other than "do nothing & hope that it all blows over".

Much as I'm loathe to even suggest this but I think the time has come.

If the Board don't take the required steps , who would be up for some kind of "campaign of civil disobedience"  (shape or form to be collectively decided ) to show the current custodians and / or FoH that this situation will no longer be tolerated?

Happy to be shot down in flames or otherwise.

Iain, don’t believe you have proof that the Board released that statement to Anderson. Happy to be proved wrong though. 

Mitch112277
13 minutes ago, Jumper said:

That’s where Dempster went, no?

Yeah, Dempster there.  I think Willie Haughey was the name I heard, not sure if he is already there or incoming.  Next week apparently

Auldbenches
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

It might've been 5 years ago but stil our worst European result, and he was in charge.  

He is responsible for our worst domestic and European cup results.

What has 5 year ago git to do with it if he is responsible? 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I said it on another thread - only three of last nights starting 11 know they will be here next season. The other 8 either know they won’t or suspect they won’t be here. That was reflected in the lack of effort and desire. Today’s article in the EEN quoting aHearts source just confirms that. I don’t understand why we had five centre-backs involved last night when it’s clear that Berra is certainly going, Haring probably will be going as will Halkett. Popescu and Soutar should have been playing as they will be here next season. Similarly Boyce should have started not Kastaneer. Management errors but largely insipid player performances last night from guys who no longer care. 

Gordon, Smith, Popescu, Soutar, Kingsley, Naismith, Halliday, Boyce, Henderson,  add any two others to that lot eg Walker and GMS and at least the desire would have been there. 

Yip, Doesn't excuse the defeat but managing a team like that is almost impossible, you rely on the heart and professionalism of the players.

I called this out in December as being the issue, particularly as we don't renew contracts and it gets closer to June. I think it's worth a thread and debate about , but the anger against Robbie will over take it atm.

Terry butcher Syndrome- players know they are dead men walking but you need them to play for you until you can replace them- horrible situation for the players who are staying as well.

Also, TBF to Berra he tried, he might not be as good as he was and knows he's leaving but he still plays for the jersey. 

Despite last night being a sackable result imo, the fact that the team has large elements left from last season failures and promotion is a given might buy him time.

If we were in a battle and relying on these players to dig in and care about promotion we'd be ****ed. proper ****ed tbh.

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Robbies negligence at implementing long throw training drills is possibly his biggest failing......

We can't pass, or cross, or shoot.....so we should have played a rugby esque style of play doing everything just to keep the ball in the other half and hope someone accidentally knocks it into the other teams goal.

I know you're joking, but you actually aren't far off mate.

The pass pass pass we play under Neilson is just so predictable and defendable.  There is simply no pressure on the opposition.  It's easy.

Frankly a more territorial style of getting the ball up there and then swarming to keep it up there would be way more effective.  Been saying it for weeks.  God at least it would maybe instill some fight.  You can easily tell who is trying or not when you are playing that style.  Certainly moreso than with our tippy tappy which the players essentially hide behind.  As long as they move the ball on and we have possession, they've done their job.  Huge problem.  Their job is to win games and at the moment, win them convincingly more than occasionally.

19 minutes ago, Mitch112277 said:

No, Queens Park.  Apparently heavy money to be invested

rumoured that Willie haughey is ploughing money in. They are top of the league 2 with ray mckinnon. Dempster big money appointment moving from a premiership team

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Happy clapper 😄 because I won't stop supporting Hearts if our manager isn't sacked tonight? 😄 :rofl:

That's not happy clapping mate, that called supporting.

I want Neilson gone, I want him gone right now but see if he goes tomorrow, Friday or next week it won't stop me supporting Hearts.

Happy clapper 😆

The Wrinkly Ninja
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I think graygo is probably the furthest from a happy clapper on here

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

It might've been 5 years ago but stil our worst European result, and he was in charge.  

He is responsible for our worst domestic and European cup results.

What has 5 year ago git to do with it if he is responsible? 

You can't re-employ someone and then sack them for something they did previously ya dafty.

Auldbenches
Just now, graygo said:

Happy clapper 😄 because I won't stop supporting Hearts if our manager isn't sacked tonight? 😄 :rofl:

That's not happy clapping mate, that called supporting.

I want Neilson gone, I want him gone right now but see if he goes tomorrow, Friday or next week it won't stop me supporting Hearts.

Happy clapper 😆

Fair enough, but surely you can understand why a lot of fans feel the way they do? 

• davemclaren changed the title to SILENCE from the Board ( merged )
Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

He's got a funny way of showing it. 

Auldbenches
Just now, graygo said:

You can't re-employ someone and then sack them for something they did previously ya dafty.

I'm just pointing out his terrible cup record.  I'd sack him for last night alone.  

Clark Griswold
35 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

If Banderson is correct I am truly scunnered

Me too. Surely the board wouldn't hide behind Banderson to release info. If so, then they have even less of a backbone than I thought.

Just now, Auldbenches said:

I'm just pointing out his terrible cup record.  I'd sack him for last night alone.  

So would I, I hope they do but you can't say he has to go because of Alloa and the European result, that's just silly.

David Black
58 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

There is no statement unless Banderson is now our chairman 

Even Banderson would be an improvement.

29 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I get what you are saying but there’s nothing in those three that suggests an improvement on what we have had before. I’m concerned that Savage is making the same mistake as many who come up here from English football- they underestimate what’s required to be successful up here and as a result they fail. 

He’s worked here before though has he not ? I think there is something in Gnando and McEneff. Not so sure about Kastaneer. Never seen a winger of that build before. Looks more like a striker to me but he’s not shown a great deal to date 

Auldbenches
Just now, graygo said:

So would I, I hope they do but you can't say he has to go because of Alloa and the European result, that's just silly.

I'm not saying that, but would say it for Alloa along with last night.   Alloa just adds last nights worst ever result.  

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Fair enough, but surely you can understand why a lot of fans feel the way they do? 

I do, last night should see him out the door. It probably will. There's due process to follow though or it can become very costly. 

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

He’s worked here before though has he not ? I think there is something in Gnando and McEneff. Not so sure about Kastaneer. Never seen a winger of that build before. Looks more like a striker to me but he’s not shown a great deal to date 

Kastaneer is decent on Football Manager. Beginning to think this is used as our scouting system

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm not saying that, but would say it for Alloa along with last night.   Alloa just adds last nights worst ever result.  

You did say that though, it's why I commented.

"This is the biggest upset in Scottish domestic football. That along with Alloa and the European result means he has to go."

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

Let's be honest, the current board and the Foundation have no interest in what the fans think. They've shown this to be the case time and time again. We're nothing more than customers to these people. A source of income. They'll pay lip service to the supporters time and again, with patronising nonsense about us being the lifeblood of the club, while trying to rinse everyone for every penny they can get and offering absolutely nothing back. 

No interest in fan engagement beyond asking for bank details.

They are probably all in the sky lounge now, including the FOH guy, enjoying a slap up meal at our expense, and laughing away as if nothing's wrong. 

21 minutes ago, stevie said:

Just cancelled my FoH direct debit ☹️,I’ve been in from the start but I can’t watch the mismanagement of our club any more.RN should have been sacked this morning.Budge and her cronies need to go now before they cause any more harm.Unfortunately it’s not easy to empty the imposters wearing the jersey’s because we have contracts to honour but I’d immediately empty every single scout,the entire back room team and the everyone involved in the set up at Riccarton.

Long past time that we had people involved in the club that actually knew what they were doing and sorted out recruitment from top to bottom.

Cancelled my FOH Direct Debit as well because it is the only meaningful way I can express my anger with what is happening to our club.  Will happily make up the payments missed when there is a change of the first team management.

Francis Albert

I know it is against the rules to question the decision but changing the thread title is a tacit acceptance that the Board had nothing to do with the Anderson article which for reasons stated above (they have recent form in communicating this way) I simply don't believe.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Souttar is miles off full fitness and looks like he’s not been in the gym this time either. 
Popescu should be emptied too. Agreed with the rest. 

E0E2B724-77BF-462C-8695-5FD79E4B21E5.jpeg

8 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Nah, to be fair I do sometimes come across as a happy clapper, whatever that is, but it's just because I like an argument. I don't even need to think I'm right. 😆

Auldbenches
Just now, graygo said:

I do, last night should see him out the door. It probably will. There's due process to follow though or it can become very costly. 

I think there will be a strategy to get him out due to how fans are reacting.  Fans are openly stating they are withholding money and that will work.  

The board will looking at this pragmatically but will have to handle the public side of this very well. 

They have put themselves in this position so now have to do the job they are paid to do.

There's no turning back for Robbie now.  Imagine how flat winning the league is going to feel?  Wasn't going to feel that good anyway but even worse if he is still here.  

SomethingAboutObua

Well it looks like there's not going to be anymore news for now. Hopefully at 5 we'll hear something positive but I think we're just waiting on nothing tbh.

Robbie'll have been told that wasn't a very good performance and been given a motivation sandwich talk

One thing he did well

One thing to improve on

Another thing he did well

What a state the club is in. More money to be wasted in summer too. Quality. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

Nah, to be fair I do sometimes come across as a happy clapper, whatever that is, but it's just because I like an argument. I don't even need to think I'm right. 😆

Enough of the happy clapping already 🙄

Auldbenches
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

You did say that though, it's why I commented.

"This is the biggest upset in Scottish domestic football. That along with Alloa and the European result means he has to go."

Lol  I wouldn't add the euro result to last night.  Worded that wrong  sorry.  

• davemclaren changed the title to SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )