SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )

Absolute Scenes

williamgerrard
1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

Barry Anderson just posted an article suggesting that nothing will happen. Surprise surprise.

Can see protests at tynie soon ps hope we have a plane lined up for Saturday to fly over tynie

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• graygo

• iainmac

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SomethingAboutObua

BAnderson's article just confirming everything everyone guessed. No sacking, players aren't good enough and we're doing yet another rebuild in summer.

Horrendous club management. 

Robbo-Jambo
26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not just any old cup exit though, is it. It's the worst defeat in 150 years of Heart of Midlothian.

Why not work the other way and ask why our reaction to a 0-0 versus Arbroath was a 1-2 at Brora?

Exactly.

It's pretty obvious he has lost the dressing room.

Gordon Ramsay
3 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Barry Anderson just posted an article suggesting that nothing will happen. Surprise surprise.

Just read that. As expected, swept under the carpet by Annie. 

Prince Buaben

No point reading sounds like the same rehashed S HI TE that we come out with every 6 months.

2 hours ago, the_jailer said:

She’ll be praying it just blows over

We are fast approaching the ST period. The fans are entrenched in their views now.

It won't blow over in time.

Leveins Battalion

Where is the Federation of Supporters?Where is the voice of the fans?

The FOH are so far up the clubs managements behind they have forgotten why and 

who they represent.

Ann Budge and her shambles of a board are mocking us all now,right in front of our very eyes.

A swift statement this morning outlining that Robbie Neilson has been relieved of his

role was required,instead nothing,silence,still the result the last update on HMFC official twitter.

With over 1k comments btw.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think so too. Especially with Neill and Mcinnes both available. Both of them are higher calibre of manager than Hearts have had in 10 years since Sergio and the obvious choices. Followed by Robinson who had a bit about him. And beyond that there’d be plenty of others interested. But just so hard to see the club thinking about it that way

Are either actually currently available or still tied up in contract red tape for a period? 

Nookie Bear

You know what? It will be a release if the club just sweeps this under carpet and tries to ride it out because it will give me the excuse to find something else to do with my time and money.

No way am i maintaining this level of involvement if this carries on.

SomethingAboutObua
Just now, davemclaren said:

Are either actually currently available or still tied up in contract red tape for a period? 

Alex Neil left by "mutual consent", Derek McInnes was sacked.

Not at all ITK but I'd think that would mean Neil is free to do as he pleases, McInnes maybe would have to agree to end his compensation payout or whatever from Aberdeen but free to talk to whoever he wants?

SomethingAboutObua
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

You know what? It will be a release if the club just sweeps this under carpet and tries to ride it out because it will give me the excuse to find something else to do with my time and money.

No way am i maintaining this level of involvement if this carries on.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boards-plans-revealed-after-brora-rangers-defeat-as-fans-question-management-3176971

They have indeed

10 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Sack him now we would still get promoted and gives us time to get the new man in place and so he can see what he has to work with and who goes and who stays.

Wont happen as the place is rotten from top up. Will get brushed under the carpet by Budge. Nothing to see here and continue for Saturday.

Club wont out anything on Social Media as they know whats coming when they do.

A massive opportunity window if we sack him now with at least 2 decent managers available for no fee. Neither will be available if we wait till the end of the season unless we tell them to wait

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

He was successful first time round. 2nd time, football has been dire and knocked out in 2 Cup competitions in embarrassing fashion. 

You don't think getting Hamilton up is a success? Pretty sure they were in the top 6 when he left to go to Norwich. 

Im not sure that's true about Preston. He had them performing above their expectation pushing for play offs. That can only go on for so long. 

I’m pretty sure Preston were one of the relegation favourites in the Championship when he took over. 

davemclaren
Just now, SomethingAboutObua said:

Alex Neil left by "mutual consent", Derek McInnes was sacked.

Not at all ITK but I'd think that would mean Neil is free to do as he pleases, McInnes maybe would have to agree to end his compensation payout or whatever from Aberdeen but free to talk to whoever he wants?

Possibly, but the Stendel arrival was stalled due to resolving contract issues. 

45 minutes ago, Mister T said:

He's still got the "no fans in the grounds to support us" trump card to play. And he ******* better not. 

He’s lucky there are no fans allowed in just now!!

Prince Buaben
Just now, JimmyCant said:

A massive opportunity window if we sack him now with at least 2 decent managers available for no fee. Neither will be available if we wait till the end of the season unless we tell them to wait

Season is nearly done and cant see many vacancies arising until the summer to be honest. None of the two will end up at Parkhead. If Hearts job is available im sure they would be interested. Both Men id imagine are being paid by old clubs for a period so will have no rush to get back to it.

We are in a position where we don't need to rush into anything. Leagues done. Lets not rush in for wrong man again.

SomethingAboutObua
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

What’s the content of that ? I’ve reached my limit of articles 

Board say the team are underperforming, very unlikely they would sack Neilson right now, another summer rebuild with players out of contract and with contracts to be moved on. New signings expected in summer. Really no "plans outlined" as the headline says tbh. 

Also if you click refresh and then click the cross as it's refreshing you can stop the paywall loading over the article, though sometimes takes a couple of goes

Ford Prentice
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

What’s the content of that ? I’ve reached my limit of articles 

That there is no board meeting today (contrary to rumours) and nothing will happen before QOTS game if at all.

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Plans are to do **** ALL!!!!!!!

Not quite.

Plans are to give more funds to the man who has presided over the worst result in our history.

You could not make it up.

I can't see Robbie going anywhere. A few more points and we win promotion. It's what he was brought in to do and Mrs B won't rock that particular boat when it's so close.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think and hope Joe Savage will be doing his DOF role and promotion the opportunity to secure Alex Neil

Do you think Neil will be better than Savages signings to date, namely Kastaneer, McEneff and Gnando?  I really hope so. Certainly not a great start as chief scout/sporting director. 

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

alex Neil took over at Norwich when they were struggling in the championship and gained promotion to the premiership against the odds. Lost his job unfairly as they didn’t invest to stay up. Got unfancied Preston to play offs last season also

Win percentages other than at Hamilton are poor though 

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

I can only see neilson thinking about redeeming himself by winning the league and doing well next season. In his eyes he knows he will never work in top flight football again after last night. He won’t want that defining him where’ve he goes. In his mind I genuinely think he thinks has the abilities to transform things however wrong that is to the outside

Does that remind you of anyone ?

Budge has been a disaster.Any finance she has drummed up on the business side has been pissed up against the wall on the football side.She is responsible for both.She will also be getting her money back with interest and as she said herself she was coaxed into her saviour role.She has benefitted more from this than us,the bread and butter fans.She became a fraud to me the way she handled Stendal.All this doing things the proper way only happens when it suits.He called a spade a spade and that is not welcome at Hearts.Yes men after yes men.Her tenure has been so sapping and drawn, i'm losing my feeling for the club.This period will be looked upon with horror in years to come.Clowns top to bottom.They should all go home in the same car at night.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, 1953 said:

I can't see Robbie going anywhere. A few more points and we win promotion. It's what he was brought in to do and Mrs B won't rock that particular boat when it's so close.

And he wasn't brought in to give us the most humiliating defeat in our history, but he's managed it. 

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Not quite.

Plans are to give more funds to the man who has presided over the worst result in our history.

You could not make it up.

Yup, and the man who has made so many cracking signings this season.

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I wouldn’t know about contracts but they are available in the sense that, they are not in jobs. The longer that goes on for a manager, the riskier it gets, you can’t be out of work long otherwise you end up in the scrap heap like Steven Pressley etc. so even if they have to forego compensation or such, I’d think both would look closely at the Hearts job. Either of them would be a good appointment IMO 

2 hours ago, Plato said:

The board may vote to sack him but can we afford to, money is very tight?

Money will come into it. We won’t have enough to pay off Neilson and his team as well as paying off Halkett, Walker, Damour, Naismith, Halliday, Haring who I’d be surprised a new manager would want next season. Could be a tough call. 

David Black
33 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

This isn't true.They each had the option to cut ties should we be in the championship Daniel was willing to come back though. Anne should have clarified his position before appointing Rob.She handled it very badly.You could see in the documentary how shocked he was when he was told she had replaced him.

This idea the AB never does things in a bad way, is 100% honest is simply not accurate. As you say she handled DS very badly showing him no respect and at 2 consecutive AGM's we got 2 different versions of how CL was appointed. She is not squeaky clean. Re the documentary, my wife watched it with me and in the second episode she turned and said this woman is on a massive ego trip. For once my wife may have a point.

Mitch112277
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m hearing Derek McInnes going to Queen Park.

SomethingAboutObua
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Win percentages other than at Hamilton are poor though 

His win % includes a relegation season as a newly promoted championship team in the EPL though

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I got the impression he thought that the players should be apologising. He's blaming last season's attitudes for this shambles, even though half of last night's team are part of this season's recruitment. 

Only three of last nights starting 11 really know they are part of the managers plans for next season. Too many playing last night who know their time is up and don’t care. Managers fault for picking them but the only thing in his defence is that injury, suspension and international call-ups deprived him of a number of players. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

This hiding behind Ann Budge needs to stop. The fans and the foundation must be able to take action to remove Budge and her cronies? We cannot just sit here and let someone with no football knowledge to rip our club to shreds whilst we are the laughing stock of world football. 

We will be lucky to win another game between now and the end of the season if this report has any substance. 90% of those players will down tools. Fortunately we might not need to win any a few draws might be enough.

Dennis Reynolds

Tbh I'm sick of hearing about how Robbie's only job was to get us promoted. That should be the absolute minimum.

We've been pumped out of both cups by lower league opposition, have played absolutely terribly in 90% of games and our signings have largely been awful. He's failing at the majority of his role.

24 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

BAnderson's article just confirming everything everyone guessed. No sacking, players aren't good enough and we're doing yet another rebuild in summer.

Horrendous club management. 

Unless there’s already four or five players signed on pre-contracts a new manager could do the rebuild that’s clearly necessary. 

VagabondJambo
4 minutes ago, David Black said:

This idea the AB never does things in a bad way, is 100% honest is simply not accurate. As you say she handled DS very badly showing him no respect and at 2 consecutive AGM's we got 2 different versions of how CL was appointed. She is not squeaky clean. Re the documentary, my wife watched it with me and in the second episode she turned and said this woman is on a massive ego trip. For once my wife may have a point.

The humour is welcome 🙂 

The Hogfather

Let's be honest, the current board and the Foundation have no interest in what the fans think. They've shown this to be the case time and time again. We're nothing more than customers to these people. A source of income. They'll pay lip service to the supporters time and again, with patronising nonsense about us being the lifeblood of the club, while trying to rinse everyone for every penny they can get and offering absolutely nothing back. 

No interest in fan engagement beyond asking for bank details.

• davemclaren changed the title to SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )