SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )

Absolute Scenes

Just now, Cruyff said:

He should be sacked today day. It's what a competent board would do. 

It's not just this result. It's the loss to Alloa in the League Cup and the poor performances in the league. Last night's result was merely the final straw. 

The board need to realise that he has now lost the backing of almost the entire Hearts support. There is no way back for him. 

If he is not dismissed. It will only further infuriate a support which has simply had enough and that isn't good for the club. 

She has to make the right decision. Backing Neilson now would be a fatal mistake for us. We're in a good position to get promotion and it is the perfect opportunity to recruit the right person before the summer. 

Considering that due to covid they're relying entirely on fans you'd think that they'd be more keen to listen. Absolute shambles.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• graygo

• iainmac

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forever Hearts
Just now, Sertse said:

Any ITK posters who can shed some light on the silence? 

I seriously hope they'll announce he's going but it feels so unlikely.

He's been asked to attend Tynecastle this afternoon apparently. Probably for a pay rise. 

David Black

It's the same when we got relegated, not a word from anyone, yet some on here took offence that we should expect some form of statement/apology. Cowards one and all. 

Jambof3tornado

Budge will give Robbie the old vote of confidence, blah blah on target for promotion, blah blah, cup runs a bonus for clubs blah blah fukkin blah.

12 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, you're right... she still wasn't slow to replace him/get shot, however. Looking back they both had the opportunity to 'back out' if 'relegation' ensued... thought it was handled pretty badly IMO. I think RN was hired before DS was relieved of duties.

It was handled badly but there was no need to relieve DS of duties, that had already happened. No need doesn't mean that it shouldn't have happened right enough.

Auldbenches
18 minutes ago, martoon said:

Highly likely.

Always felt the club will never truly be rid of Levein's influence while Ann Budge is in charge.

He has her ear. 

He is the reason for neilson being here.  

Pasquale for King
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

He's been asked to attend Tynecastle this afternoon apparently. Probably for a pay rise. 

Aldi biscuits for Neilson and a a time-out on the naughty step with his dunces cap on.

Just now, Sertse said:

Considering that due to covid they're relying entirely on fans you'd think that they'd be more keen to listen. Absolute shambles.

I think she'd be very wise to listen. Continuing with Neilson will do more damage to the club. The Club and the supporters who have until now backed the club to the hilt deserve better. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

I wonder if it'll be a telling off or a sacking. I've so little faith in budge I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if it was a pay rise and contract extension.

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Or for a nice cosy afternoon tea with champagne 

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

He is the reason for neilson being here.  

No doubt, bud.

None whatsoever, imo.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Budge will give Robbie the old vote of confidence, blah blah on target for promotion, blah blah, cup runs a bonus for clubs blah blah fukkin blah.

Watch how long that lasts when everyone stops paying into the foundation and stop buying season tickets, merch etc.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Any ITK posters who can shed some light on the silence? 

I seriously hope they'll announce he's going but it feels so unlikely.

The “ITK” posters need completely ignored. The shite we’ve been fed off them in recent times has been ludicrous. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Watch how long that lasts when everyone stops paying into the foundation and stop buying season tickets, merch etc.

yep. That’s what turned it for Levein.

26 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A speech of Cathro-esque proportions in its stupidity & incomprehensibility.

He's literally run out of excuses (after weeks of blaming pitches/the weather) - now its all about "last season". FFS, we're 3/4 of the way through THIS season , have won 2 out of 7 of late against some dire opponents. WTF are him and his "coaches" doing all day long ? 

He has lost the plot. 

He's still got the "no fans in the grounds to support us" trump card to play. And he ******* better not. 

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, martoon said:

No doubt, bud.

None whatsoever, imo.

He said he spoke to him about coming back. That wasn't a throwaway line.  

heartmussel
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Board meeting this afternoon I hear.  I can’t believe that anyone on the board can defend yesterday’s debacle. Urgent action is now required.

The discussion if correct must centre around do we think our current managerial team are capable of another rebuild with even less funds available through our early exit from another competition.Surely it’s a simple decision.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

yep. That’s what turned it for Levein.

Said it a few times now but it's the only way she'll listen. This is the lowest point for the club in its history. I cancelled my FOH sub with plenty of other people this morning. Money talks.

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

I wonder if it'll be a telling off or a sacking. I've so little faith in budge I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if it was a pay rise and contract extension.

It’ll probably depend on the advice Ann receives from her big buddy Leeann about the best way forward for Hearts. Socially distanced tea and a bun doubtless in progress. 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The cup exit is far more worthy of a sacking than a league defeat that will probably mean very little given the gap at the top of the league.  

The gap could easily get cut to 6 or 7 points with the fixtures to come and games in hand. Particularly if we lose on Sat. Honestly it is a reason for a sacking in itself that I’m still this nervous about the league with a gap that big. All I care about now is that we get promoted, just don’t make an arse of it. The team that played last night could comfortably go 4-5 games without a win and I’ve felt that all season. So just get us promoted. 

Then after that, my prediction was for a lot more freshness with a lot more players emptied. But now obviously after last night.... really it is difficult to see the way out the quicksand for neilson. If he escapes with his job he will have to put together an absolutely incredible start to next season to get the fans back on side. as things stand, dead man walking 

7 minutes ago, Sertse said:

He is getting his face painted as a Tiger!

£50 monthly FOH direct debit cancelled.

I will restart it once management have been relieved of their duties.

Not in the know but I will be amazed if Neilson keeps his job. Ann Budge has proved herself a ruthless businesswoman getting rid of Locke, Cathro and Stendel. She will have learned the lesson of trying to keep Levein after the fans had turned against him. The hard bit will be admitting she was wrong to appoint him a second time.

It's rubbish being out the Cup but it could be worth it if it saves next season from being another unmitigated disaster.

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The “ITK” posters need completely ignored. The shite we’ve been fed off them in recent times has been ludicrous. 

It’s strange then that we’re hanging on the words of an ITK poster who says RN has been called in for a meeting  at Tynecastle this afternoon 

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Might not be a bad thing. Maybe they are working on sacking Neilson. 

Then again, maybe there's a socially distanced tea party this morning. 

There could be a number of reasons: talking to caretaker management team; talking to Robbie and asking him to explain; waiting for the response on Saturday.

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

As i say it’s just the aspect of, trying to avoid upsetting the Apple cart. Are we going to just pull the trigger and chuck JJ / Locke in as caretaker? Let’s be real here, it ain’t happening just over a cup exit. It will take a league defeat on Saturday for it to happen. They’ll back him today then it’s sudden death Saturday imo 

Not just any old cup exit though, is it. It's the worst defeat in 150 years of Heart of Midlothian.

Why not work the other way and ask why our reaction to a 0-0 versus Arbroath was a 1-2 at Brora?

SomethingAboutObua
5 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Not in the know but I will be amazed if Neilson keeps his job. Ann Budge has proved herself a ruthless businesswoman getting rid of Locke, Cathro and Stendel. She will have learned the lesson of trying to keep Levein after the fans had turned against him. The hard bit will be admitting she was wrong to appoint him a second time.

It's rubbish being out the Cup but it could be worth it if it saves next season from being another unmitigated disaster.

She's ruthless with people she doesn't have a relationship with. But as you say Levein was there too long, she gave McPhee 6 weeks, the academy is horrendous but she's sticking with Arnott for god knows what reason. If she's developed a relationship then she's far too soft. I think Neilson will be staying and I'd be surprised if he was let go. Hopefully she's learned from Levein but I just can't see it right now.

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s strange then that we’re hanging on the words of an ITK poster who says RN has been called in for a meeting  at Tynecastle this afternoon 

For once I hope they are ITK :lol: 

Gordon Ramsay
14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Robbie's probably got his feet up in the house looking at JKB having a right good chuckle at our expense. 

16 minutes ago, graygo said:

It was handled badly but there was no need to relieve DS of duties, that had already happened. No need doesn't mean that it shouldn't have happened right enough.

This isn't true.They each had the option to cut ties should we be in the championship Daniel was willing to come back though. Anne should have clarified his position before appointing Rob.She handled it very badly.You could see in the documentary how shocked he was when he was told she had replaced him.

coatbridgejambo
2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Nothing will happen. 

Move on to a scraped 1-0 win against QOTS on Saturday and everything will be fine again in Annie's world. 

1-0 win? Jeez. I admire your confidence 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not just any old cup exit though, is it. It's the worst defeat in 150 years of Heart of Midlothian.

Why not work the other way and ask why our reaction to a 0-0 versus Arbroath was a 1-2 at Brora?

It is beyond indefensible... just not convinced they’ll sack him over it today. Ultimately it’s made him a dead man walking with the fans now, but the club will not be looking past promotion, all eyes will be on just getting that job over the line.

David Black
24 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The cup exit is far more worthy of a sacking than a league defeat that will probably mean very little given the gap at the top of the league.  

Exactly, we could stumble along with a few defeats and still get up. 

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The next tweet will be about a family fun day

Or budge asking for more money from fans feck off budge and take that morbid twat with you

2 minutes ago, David Black said:

Exactly, we could stumble along with a few defeats and still get up. 

Yep,  but we won't get any worse if we sack RN anyway,  how could we?    I think we'd see a bounce from the players and beginning to think they need more freedom to express themselves and that our coaching has been restricting them, and impacting their confidence.    Just don't think we have anything to lose at this stage,  but a lot to gain by biting the bullet now.

David Black
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It is beyond indefensible... just not convinced they’ll sack him over it today. Ultimately it’s made him a dead man walking with the fans now, but the club will not be looking past promotion, all eyes will be on just getting that job over the line.

The thing is we could let the players pick the team, set out the tactics, do the training and we would still get promoted. Now is the exact time to sack them, give the job to Andy Kirk and Gary Locke, with JJ on hand for advice, appoint the new man giving him time to suss out the squad . This is the perfect time with promotion secured.

kingantti1874

We don’t need a manager to be promoted. This league is so bad we could lose every game from now till then end of the season. 

29 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Jings!!....dinnae even joke aboot it.....🥴🥴

VagabondJambo
2 minutes ago, David Black said:

The thing is we could let the players pick the team, set out the tactics, do the training and we would still get promoted. Now is the exact time to sack them, give the job to Andy Kirk and Gary Locke, with JJ on hand for advice, appoint the new man giving him time to suss out the squad . This is the perfect time with promotion secured.

Totally agree.

Given last night and the season so far, I cannot think of a single positive reason for having RN and his “coaching” team on the bench on Saturday or ever again.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, David Black said:

I think so too. Especially with Neill and Mcinnes both available. Both of them are higher calibre of manager than Hearts have had in 10 years since Sergio and the obvious choices. Followed by Robinson who had a bit about him. And beyond that there’d be plenty of others interested. But just so hard to see the club thinking about it that way

27 minutes ago, graygo said:

Would you say that RN has been a success at Hearts and Dundee United? Pretty similar records.

He's not at Preston because he had the team lower than their budget should have them.

ps. That "success" at Hamilton saw them in the bottom 6 every season they were in the premier. Obviously winning promotion from the championship after a play off can't count as success, RN has won it outright twice and is heading for a 3rd.

He was successful first time round. 2nd time, football has been dire and knocked out in 2 Cup competitions in embarrassing fashion. 

You don't think getting Hamilton up is a success? Pretty sure they were in the top 6 when he left to go to Norwich. 

Im not sure that's true about Preston. He had them performing above their expectation pushing for play offs. That can only go on for so long. 

Boyces beard

Bottom line is that regardless if you like or dislike Robbie it would be hard to justify sacking him before last nights result, especialy while sitting miles clear at the top of the league. However after the worst result in our clubs history it now becomes much easier to part ways with Robbie and his coaching staff.  Get it done Ann

coatbridgejambo
14 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

She's ruthless with people she doesn't have a relationship with. But as you say Levein was there too long, she gave McPhee 6 weeks, the academy is horrendous but she's sticking with Arnott for god knows what reason. If she's developed a relationship then she's far too soft. I think Neilson will be staying and I'd be surprised if he was let go. Hopefully she's learned from Levein but I just can't see it right now.

Spot on with this

Prince Buaben

Sack him now we would still get promoted and gives us time to get the new man in place and so he can see what he has to work with and who goes and who stays.

Wont happen as the place is rotten from top up. Will get brushed under the carpet by Budge. Nothing to see here and continue for Saturday.

Club wont out anything on Social Media as they know whats coming when they do.

34 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Tea and scones - cream cakes are off as a punishment

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Robbie's probably got his feet up in the house looking at JKB having a right good chuckle at our expense. 

He can sit wherever he likes with his feet up. He’s a dead man walking with us. 

• davemclaren changed the title to SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )