SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )

Absolute Scenes

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

come on Iain. Ffs. 😂

Thay isn’t a press release. May well turn out to be leaked info but it isn’t a press release. 

Close enough. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• graygo

• iainmac

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Cade said:

We've been waiting to "rebuild at the next transfer window" for about 10 transfer windows in a row.

It's pish.

It's a lazy excuse.

The club is rank rotten from Board to Manager/Coaches to playing staff.

Need a complete overhaul of the entire infrastructure.

This!

7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I still didn't see it sorry.We looked bottom 6 to me at best.Right now we look certs for relegation once again a squad with zero fight or passion about them.

fair enough - all about opinions at the end of the day

Rick Sanchez

This isn't blowing over btw.

First game fans are allowed back it will be a toxic environment, just how bad I'm not sure. If it were this weekend, you'd see fans outside the plaza.

It really is best to start fresh and let Savage have a chance to thrive. He might be pish, but he shouldn't be forced to work with Budge's mate.

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

First game fans are allowed back it will be a toxic environment, just how bad I'm not sure. If it were this weekend, you'd see fans outside the plaza.

It really is best to start fresh and let Savage have a chance to thrive. He might be pish, but he shouldn't be forced to work with Budge's mate.

From what I'm reading/hearing, I think there's going to be fans on the plaza on Saturday anyway mate, there's a few talking about it. 

Does anyone really believe that the "board" are involved making any of these so called plans, for the future.

One person makes all the decisions at Tynecastle 

The "board" will do as it's told

Edited by true-jambo
Missed last sentence from the loriginal

VagabondJambo
13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I made this point last night. Players come in, look good, and then in a matter of a couple of weeks are shit. Only one factor can make this happen. Bad coaching. 

Exactly!

The coaching has sucked the creativity, the passion, and the soul from our players and team.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

From what I'm reading/hearing, I think there's going to be fans on the plaza on Saturday anyway mate, there's a few talking about it. 

Imagine the headlines about how terrible Hearts fans are ignoring covid restrictions. People will rustling sweetie papers as they express their anger and how they’re “not proper fans” and how “we wouldn’t have a club without her” 

Honestly gives me the heave now man. 
Budge sack that clown or get out. 
Sorry John :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Dazo said:

come on Iain. Ffs. 😂

Thay isn’t a press release. May well turn out to be leaked info but it isn’t a press release. 

🙂

37 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Would give the gig to Naismith and Gordon as player manager/coach until a new manager is appointed.

Season is over anyway. Anyone will do 

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

And he wasn't brought in to give us the most humiliating defeat in our history, but he's managed it. 

Very true FH but I can't see her bowing to fan pressure if she can get away with it. She will keep everything the same hoping that we've all forgotten about it next week.

SomethingAboutObua

Lack of communication from the club today is abysmal. Surely we have a communications and PR team that should be having some sort of statement out? Even if it's a we were crap and we'll do better piece? Or dare I hope it means a decision is still being made on keeping or sacking Neilson? This is the worst result in the teams history, something has to come out from the club.

Edited by SomethingAboutObua

REFERRING TO THE THREAD Drop Our Subs to £1 a month. 

This is perfectly easy to do.

Where it says £10 simply overwrite £1.

Job Done 

Rocky jamboa
4 hours ago, graygo said:

I don't think I've ever seen Ann Budge posting on social media, got a link?

Aye no bother mate. I'll just scroll through the last 7 years of twitter to find them for you 🙄

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Job Done 

The minimum monthly contribution is £10.

maroonsgotop
2 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Lack of communication from the club today is abysmal. Surely we have a communications and PR team that should be having some sort of statement out? Even if it's a we were crap and we'll do better piece? Or dare I hope it means a decision is still being made on keeping or sacking Neilson? This is the worst result in the teams history, something has to come out from the club.

I suppose one positive is that they've not come out and backed him which you'd expect if he was staying even in the short term

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Don't be silly. It's a disgrace what is happening and action is required.

It's also a disgrace for any true Hearts supporter to say that they are "finished" with the club. 

However you have the benefit of the doubt on this occasion as you are a bit emotional just now.

I wasn't seeking anyone's approval.   

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

🙂

To me it appears like a pre prepared statement from the board. 
It’s got all the hallmarks of the current owner, who else would be incompetent enough to repeat the same mistakes and blindly stick to plan. 
It is really just another headwind and a predictable one, It has probably being logged as a risk and on the agenda for the next board meeting, after we’ve sorted the new napkins for reopening the restaurant and the diversity training and the family day - now who’s bringing the face paints ?

Chuck Berry
15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Protest isn't banned. Social distance and wear a mask and you're fine to gather outside and make your voices heard.

39 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Do you not think they've sat down and thought how can we frame this to take as much heat of Neilson as possible? It's all largely deflection. He can't improve players it is as simple as that hence lets say we need a big rebuild again

He’s just said 10 days ago there wouldn’t be a rebuild and there would only be a need to strengthen a couple of areas. Fast forward to last night and he’s saying the issue is he has too many players who were in the relation squad. Over 10!players he has been picking regularly this season we’re in the relegation squad and now that’s a problem which caused us to lose to Brora. He’s full of shit excuses and needs to go

3 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

To me it appears like a pre prepared statement from the board. 
It’s got all the hallmarks of the current owner, who else would be incompetent enough to repeat the same mistakes and blindly stick to plan. 
It is really just another headwind and a predictable one, It has probably being logged as a risk and on the agenda for the next board meeting, after we’ve sorted the new napkins for reopening the restaurant and the diversity training and the family day - now who’s bringing the face paints ?

Yep!

Never mind that we've just collectively walked into the worst result in our history, let's debate the difference between a "press release" and a "statement".

Honestly! 😄😄😄

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

It definitely is not. 

Well it's changed then because it definitely was at one time. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Well it's changed then because it definitely was at one time. 

Yes until they asked to donate an extra £1. Now you need only put in a £1.

Reading between the lines of the Budge interview a few weeks ago together with supposed comments from a source at Tynecastle today it’s looking more and more likely that the plan for this season was to guarantee promotion by using experienced, journeyman pro’s to gather enough points rather than going out with a riskier expansive plan to attack, entertain based on young players etc. The re-building ‘spend’ that Neilson was promised was delayed until this summer due to COVID. As a result there was limited spending and signing in January as well. Savage brought in to lead the recruitment process from January 2021 to this summer which will undoubtedly see a massive clearout starting in May. Neilson was actually promised the funds to have the clearout last summer but it didn’t happen when the league was shortened. 

Suspect many of the players have discovered what’s going on and to some extent downed tools which would explain the lack of effort, drive etc in recent months. Hence the performance and result last night. The lack of effort and drive last night, with a couple of exceptions,  was actually even worse than Perth and Paisley last season which saw the demise of Levein and Stendel respectively. 

Shot ourselves in the foot I suspect 

The Old Tolbooth
17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Imagine the headlines about how terrible Hearts fans are ignoring covid restrictions. People will rustling sweetie papers as they express their anger and how they’re “not proper fans” and how “we wouldn’t have a club without her” 

Honestly gives me the heave now man. 
Budge sack that clown or get out. 
Sorry John :lol: 

Ha ha, I totally agree mate, enough is enough but you know the jammy wearers will rear their ugly heads again soon to stick up for the regime like they always do :facepalm: 

Forever Hearts
Just now, jr ewing said:

Yes until they asked to donate an extra £1. Now you need only put in a £1.

I've literally just tried it with dummy details and it says minimum payment £10. If you want to add £1 you're donating £11 per month. 

Japan Jambo
15 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Job Done 

pretty sure there was a ten pound minimum when I logged in earlier...

no obvious way to suspend or cancel either.

Edited by Japan Jambo
adding

Auldbenches
50 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We need Anarchy in Gorgie.:scenes:

Bristol city fans wouldn't be putting up with this.  Look what happened after they drew last week.  

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

still think this is about the instructions they're being given by the manager & coaches.

I’m with this to a degree.  I’m sure McNeef was a much better player in his first couple of games......now he seems to have settled into this dire set up....

Natural talent is something a manager should allow a player to release (within a plan of course) but, giving strict instructions on how you want a player to perform stifles this (imo).

I see a group of schoolboys kicking a ball around at lunchtime with no real purpose or direction.  I definitely don’t see a team.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Reading between the lines of the Budge interview a few weeks ago together with supposed comments from a source at Tynecastle today it’s looking more and more likely that the plan for this season was to guarantee promotion by using experienced, journeyman pro’s to gather enough points rather than going out with a riskier expansive plan to attack, entertain based on young players etc. The re-building ‘spend’ that Neilson was promised was delayed until this summer due to COVID. As a result there was limited spending and signing in January as well. Savage brought in to lead the recruitment process from January 2021 to this summer which will undoubtedly see a massive clearout starting in May. Neilson was actually promised the funds to have the clearout last summer but it didn’t happen when the league was shortened. 

Suspect many of the players have discovered what’s going on and to some extent downed tools which would explain the lack of effort, drive etc in recent months. Hence the performance and result last night. The lack of effort and drive last night, with a couple of exceptions,  was actually even worse than Perth and Paisley last season which saw the demise of Levein and Stendel respectively. 

I suspect that may well be a huge part of the problem.  Players who have nothing to play for often just give up the ghost. To my mind if that’s the case it’s poor practise by the club to have left this situation to fester. One or two have looked like they were just going through the motions for weeks. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Skivingatwork said:

Would give the gig to Naismith and Gordon as player manager/coach until a new manager is appointed.

Just give them a chance at it. Get an experienced coach to help.  Can’t see any better options. 

maroonplatoon87
7 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

pretty sure there was a ten pound minimum when I logged in earlier...

no obvious way to suspend or cancel either.

Just cancel your DD with your bank 

Scottie Wanshot.

There no chance of him getting sacked, the only way he would go if we don't get promoted. 

Watch this Space. 

couldn't happen could it.

??????????????????????????????

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I suspect that may well be a huge part of the problem.  Players who have nothing to play for often just give up the ghost. To my mind if that’s the case it’s poor practise by the club to have left this situation to fester. One or two have looked like they were just going through the motions for weeks. 

I would say there’s only been one or two who haven’t been going through the motions, all season. Can anyone apart from Gordon and Smith say they’ve given 100%?

Just now, Deevers said:

Agreed, it’s a tough management problem keeping a squad together and motivated when half of them know they probably have no future at the club or at best their future is very uncertain. Zlamal, Berra, White, Halkett, Naismith, Damour, Irving, Wighton, Frear, Roberts, Kastaneer, Walker have all been in that boat at some stage this season I’m sure. Could have almost got away with it if they had won another couple of games in the league cup and big cup. 

Japan Jambo
3 minutes ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

Just cancel your DD with your bank 

Waiting to hear what stance FoH/Club are taking, really don't want to start down that path. Feel bad enough that I've even looked into it.

21 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He’s just said 10 days ago there wouldn’t be a rebuild and there would only be a need to strengthen a couple of areas. Fast forward to last night and he’s saying the issue is he has too many players who were in the relation squad. Over 10!players he has been picking regularly this season we’re in the relegation squad and now that’s a problem which caused us to lose to Brora. He’s full of shit excuses and needs to go

What did Sked call him  again ? 

Something about a "liar" ? 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just give them a chance at it. Get an experienced coach to help.  Can’t see any better options. 

6 games left, no points required so anybody could manage the team until the end of next month. Andy Kirk, John Rankin et al. 

50 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I made this point last night. Players come in, look good, and then in a matter of a couple of weeks are shit. Only one factor can make this happen. Bad coaching. 

This time not 1 player has improved under RN. Not 1

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s just excuses... and bull shit from within the club. 

The football has got so bad, it’s not even watchable.
We had about 4 new signings, players we spent money on or signed on big deals. Name another team or manager that’s had that luxury at our level. 
We had 3 Hearts fans in the team and others who are needing to perform to get the next move. 
It was Brora Rangers ... they’ve not trained or played for 3 f’ing months. NO excuse is available here NOT one. 

The worst part of last nights result is that it wasn’t a surprise. 
The next non-surprise is the lack of action from the board.  

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

When do managers ever speak the gospel truth to the media?  Do you really think he is going to say that he is planning a massive clearout and most of these wasters will be gone by summer when we still had 10 games to go and a league to be win?  
Judging by the threads on here today, if they say nothing they get hammered, if they say something they get hammered, yet in reality the truth can’t be in the public domain. What a choice! 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He's deluded. How many has he brought in. Unbelievable. 

glynnlondon
18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Surprised we've any toes left by this point

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Part of the problem at Hearts is the the EEN put no pressure on them at all. Ann has had a free ride from them from the start and it shows no sign of stopping 

Coming up for 5pm and not a peep 😂

Not that I thought there would be mind.

Reminds me of the beginning of last season under Levein. Every home game just got worse and even more toxic and you think surely they need to act now and nothing would come. Only when someone got the spray paint out on the plaza did she act (sort of). 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

When do managers ever speak the gospel truth to the media?  Do you really think he is going to say that he is planning a massive clearout and most of these wasters will be gone by summer when we still had 10 games to go and a league to be win?  
Judging by the threads on here today, if they say nothing they get hammered, if they say something they get hammered, yet in reality the truth can’t be in the public domain. What a choice! 

I couldn't care less what Neilson says, he's used up the excuse book and has gone beyond blaming the pitches/weather to actually contradicting himself. We are now in Levein territory : he doesn't know what to do. I want him gone. 

• davemclaren changed the title to SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )