SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )

Absolute Scenes

I would love there to be some form of statement but there will be nothing. 

Season tickets must be going on sale sometime in April. If Robbie is going to a meeting at Tynie today it has to be to tell him that the league needs to be won asap before ST go on sale.

Lose to QoS on Saturday which is a distinct possibility and any of the 3 below us pick up points, would you put money on Hearts beating Dunfermline the following week?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• graygo

• iainmac

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Let's be honest, the current board and the Foundation have no interest in what the fans think. They've shown this to be the case time and time again. We're nothing more than customers to these people. A source of income. They'll pay lip service to the supporters time and again, with patronising nonsense about us being the lifeblood of the club, while trying to rinse everyone for every penny they can get and offering absolutely nothing back. 

No interest in fan engagement beyond asking for bank details.

People have clocked this and it's why we're cancelling FOH contributions, buying no merch and people won't be buying season tickets. A stand needs to be taken to show we won't be made mugs of.

7 minutes ago, jambo-rocker said:

The board can **** so far off with that statement.

What statement? That’s the ‘understanding’ of Banderson?

Edited by Rudy T

31 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

He was successful first time round. 2nd time, football has been dire and knocked out in 2 Cup competitions in embarrassing fashion. 

You don't think getting Hamilton up is a success? Pretty sure they were in the top 6 when he left to go to Norwich. 

Im not sure that's true about Preston. He had them performing above their expectation pushing for play offs. That can only go on for so long. 

No I don't think getting Hamilton up is a success, not one that is relevant to our needs anyway.

He had Hamilton top 6 when he left? Robbie had us top 2 when he left. 

I'm confused about your last bit, he's not at Preston precisely because he never had them pushing for the play offs.

Like I said though if he gets the gig he gets my backing.

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

People have clocked this and it's why we're cancelling FOH contributions, buying no merch and people won't be buying season tickets. A stand needs to be taken to show we won't be made mugs of.

It should start straight away with people not buying PVP this Saturday. 

Gordon Ramsay
6 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Let's be honest, the current board and the Foundation have no interest in what the fans think. They've shown this to be the case time and time again. We're nothing more than customers to these people. A source of income. They'll pay lip service to the supporters time and again, with patronising nonsense about us being the lifeblood of the club, while trying to rinse everyone for every penny they can get and offering absolutely nothing back. 

Spot on. 

That statement just highlights what we already know, they are clueless and completely out of touch with the fans, it mentions reflection on the worst loss in club history, reflection?

54 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

This isn't true.They each had the option to cut ties should we be in the championship Daniel was willing to come back though. Anne should have clarified his position before appointing Rob.She handled it very badly.You could see in the documentary how shocked he was when he was told she had replaced him.

Agreed.

1 minute ago, gator said:

That statement just highlights what we already know, they are clueless and completely out of touch with the fans, it mentions reflection on the worst loss in club history, reflection?

Again, what statement? Are you referring to Barry Anderson’s take on it?

This demonstrates how out of touch the board is with the ordinary supporter. 
Very few results justify an instant dismissal, but last nights was one. 
You’d think AB had learned from recent history. 

Neilson should be put on immediate ‘gardening leave’ until his exit can be negotiated. 

Kirky Jambo

People are mentioning a club/board statement, I am probably being dense but can someone copy it here as all I can see is a Barry Anderson article that doesn’t really give much away

Fire_At_The_Disco
1 minute ago, everton_jambo said:

People are mentioning a club/board statement, I am probably being dense but can someone copy it here as all I can see is a Barry Anderson article that doesn’t really give much away

There is no statement unless Banderson is now our chairman 

Oxford City

There has been no statement. It's just a typical EN article, a non-story made up entirely of conjecture and opinion.

1 minute ago, everton_jambo said:

X2 All I can see to read is his thoughts on it? Is there more?

45 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

Bottom line is that regardless if you like or dislike Robbie it would be hard to justify sacking him before last nights result, especialy while sitting miles clear at the top of the league. However after the worst result in our clubs history it now becomes much easier to part ways with Robbie and his coaching staff.  Get it done Ann

These are my thoughts too.

Auldbenches
22 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

If there is a plane fund I am happy to contribute. 

I'd fly the thing and I've only got a car license.  Anything to bring a fresh start to the club.  

Kirky Jambo
1 minute ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

There is no statement unless Banderson is now our chairman 

Some would say that would be an improvement 😬

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

No I don't think getting Hamilton up is a success, not one that is relevant to our needs anyway.

He had Hamilton top 6 when he left? Robbie had us top 2 when he left. 

I'm confused about your last bit, he's not at Preston precisely because he never had them pushing for the play offs.

Like I said though if he gets the gig he gets my backing.

Hamilton getting promoted is an achievement. 

You can't compare Neil getting Hamilton top 6 and Neilson getti g us top 2. (I was disappointed when Neilson left first time round).

I meant that previously he had Preston challenging for playoffs despite not having the budget. That can only last so long. Now Preston are at their budgeted level which looks like he's failing despite the fact he was over achieving before. He raised expectation level. 

I don't think Neil would take the hearts job. I think he'd hold out for another english championship job. 

Edited by Ari Gold

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Only three of last nights starting 11 really know they are part of the managers plans for next season. Too many playing last night who know their time is up and don’t care. Managers fault for picking them but the only thing in his defence is that injury, suspension and international call-ups deprived him of a number of players. 

surely a team of Hearts reserve players should be expected to see off Brora?

also - those players who're not going to be around next season should surely be displaying their talents to scouts to secure pre-contracts with other clubs?

still think this is about the instructions they're being given by the manager & coaches.

a game v Brora.....an ideal game for RN to say to the players - forget the last load of games, just go out, enjoy the game and score as many as you can.

3 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Anderson, whatever you might think of him, has contacts and people he can talk to within Tynecastle. If he says quite definitely there is no board meeting to discuss Neilsons future that’s likely to be from a club source and is likely to be correct IMO

2 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Robbie has been asked to attend Tynecastle this afternoon. It could be happening but I highly doubt she will pull the trigger.

Jotters down his shorts standing outside Ann's room

tolcross lad
3 minutes ago, Oxford City said:

There has been no statement. It's just a typical EN article, a non-story made up entirely of conjecture and opinion.

In this case I am sure he has been leaked this info.

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, logopolis said:

Jotters down his shorts standing outside Ann's room

It’ll be his turn to buy the scones.

9 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

There's no statement he's just saying they won't be doing anything but passing it off as ITK. He might be right but it's a waste of an article.

Auldbenches
19 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

She already said last week that Neilson is here for 3 years.  She is a dictator who doesn't care what we think.  

Gordon Ramsay

I know it's Banderson but to publish the article I'd imagine his info is pretty reliable. 

Let's be honest it's what most of us expected anyway, look at the shite we had to go through to get rid of Levein. 

We're in for another long road of pain. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

also - those players who're not going to be around next season should surely be displaying their talents to scouts to secure pre-contracts with other clubs?

still think this is about the instructions they're being given by the manager & coaches.

a game v Brora.....an ideal game for RN to say to the players - forget the last load of games, just go out, enjoy the game and score as many as you can.

Go to agree here... in fact, when I read the team sheet, I couldn't figure out who was going to play where. I still feel we have decent players, they just look so disjointed/uncomfortable. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if they're all playing in unusual positions with baffling instructions... that's how it looks on the pitch. I didn't see last nights game... but i know what it would have been like ie. the last half dozen games!

31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you think Neil will be better than Savages signings to date, namely Kastaneer, McEneff and Gnando?  I really hope so. Certainly not a great start as chief scout/sporting director. 

Not sure it’s 100% fair to place final judgement on these players whilst they are playing under Neilson. We’ve got several provenly good players signed pre-Savage who are seriously underperforming now under Neilson.

15 minutes ago, gator said:

What statement? 

Silvery_Moon
10 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

This demonstrates how out of touch the board is with the ordinary supporter. 
Very few results justify an instant dismissal, but last nights was one. 
You’d think AB had learned from recent history. 

Neilson should be put on immediate ‘gardening leave’ until his exit can be negotiated. 

:spoton:

Last night was a complete and utter disaster which no manager should be able to survive. 

3 points in the next game (how exciting) is not going to make up for that horror show. 

We cannot give this man a summer to screw up next season. 

Action has to be taken now. Even the most loyal Robbie Neilson fans are finally waking up to the fact he has to go. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

What statement? 

I should have phrased that better as it was a reporter's take on it!

Auldbenches
7 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

In this case I am sure he has been leaked this info.

There is no way he has written that without someone tipping him off. 

We are stuck with Neilson 

7 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

RN would have littered his pre-match talk with tactics. Probably had the wipe-board out. 

Your point is perfect ... he should have been able to say nothing to the players - and expected a handsome win. 

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

She already said last week that Neilson is here for 3 years.  She is a dictator who doesn't care what we think.  

She will when the cash flow stops, then all the vanity projects will also stop. She’ll care if that plaza is full of bams calling for change. I think she misread the room for the last time as I get the distinct feeling last night won’t be our last embarrassment of this season.

3 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Hamilton getting promoted is an achievement. 

You can't compare Neil getting Hamilton top 6 and Neilson getti g us top 2. (I was disappointed when Neilson left first time round).

I meant that previously he had Preston challenging for playoffs despite not having the budget. That can only last so long. Now Preston are at their budgeted level which looks like he's failing despite the fact he was over achieving before. He raised expectation level. 

Going round in circles here, you asked me if I thought getting Hamilton promoted was a success and I said no, not in relation to Hearts and what we need. Yes it's an achievement but if it's a success then we are just about to savour success.

Preston are below their budgeted level right now.

If COVID wasn’t present and in our lives, would last nights result meant a fan gathering at tynecastle today? A protest at the way the club is being run and something to demonstrate the feelings towards the manager. I think the result would definitely have warranted such action

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Going round in circles here, you asked me if I thought getting Hamilton promoted was a success and I said no, not in relation to Hearts and what we need. Yes it's an achievement but if it's a success then we are just about to savour success.

Preston are below their budgeted level right now.

Whats their budget level? I had a quick look but couldn't find this.

(not being smart, just curious)

The Board of HMFC have released a statement through Barry Anderson basically saying "no plans to change the manager at this point". I couldn't disagree more - the league is already won, it's a perfect time to change, with one eye on next season. We can't possibly give RN a 3rtd transfer window and he's clearly lost the dressing room.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boards-plans-revealed-after-brora-rangers-defeat-as-fans-question-management-3176971

There are no "plans" in that statement other than "do nothing & hope that it all blows over".

Much as I'm loathe to even suggest this but I think the time has come.

If the Board don't take the required steps , who would be up for some kind of "campaign of civil disobedience"  (shape or form to be collectively decided ) to show the current custodians and / or FoH that this situation will no longer be tolerated?

Happy to be shot down in flames or otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

She will when the cash flow stops, then all the vanity projects will also stop. She’ll care if that plaza is full of bams calling for change. I think she misread the room for the last time as I get the distinct feeling last night won’t be our last embarrassment of this season.

Has to be done in an organised manner for maximum impact. Wait until we see if he is sacked in the next few days. If not we should warn and then proceed collectively to stooping all FOH payments and any forthcoming sales of season tickets. 

4 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

If COVID wasn’t present and in our lives, would last nights result meant a fan gathering at tynecastle today? A protest at the way the club is being run and something to demonstrate the feelings towards the manager. I think the result would definitely have warranted such action

Definitely 

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

The Board of HMFC have released a statement through Barry Anderson basically saying "no plans to change the manager at this point". I couldn't disagree more - the league is already won, it's a perfect time to change, with one eye on next season. We can't possibly give RN a 3rtd transfer window and he's clearly lost the dressing room.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boards-plans-revealed-after-brora-rangers-defeat-as-fans-question-management-3176971

There are no "plans" in that statement other than "do nothing & hope that it all blows over".

Much as I'm loathe to even suggest this but I think the time has come.

If the Board don't take the required steps , who would be up for some kind of "campaign of civil disobedience"  (shape or form to be collectively decided ) to show the current custodians and / or FoH that this situation will no longer be tolerated?

Happy to be shot down in flames or otherwise.

Be sure to wear deedco or smelltic colours to ensure Scotland’s finest do absolutely diddly squat.

Auldbenches
7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

There is no other option than fand holding cash back.  Giving money just makes them feel vindicated.  

If she hasn't learnt from not sacking levein after the livi thrashing, she never will.  This is worse than that result.  

Ffs  they've even been interviewing the Brora manager on radio 5.  This is the biggest upset in Scottish domestic football.  That along with Alloa and the European result means he has to go. 

He also shat it against Celtic in the final where if we had went from.them at the beginning, we would've beat them.

This is his attitude and was confirmed in his statement the other day about not losing. 

He should be at home doing jigsaw rather than coach and inspire a football team. 

Nothing but a levein and budge appointment.  

14 minutes ago, gator said:

I should have phrased that better as it was a reporter's take on it!

Got you, I thought I'd missed a statement. :lol:

don't see any quotes from the board.

as per other posts - this is just banderson stating there's no board meeting and that 'officials' are aware of discontent.

officials could be anyone but fairly obvious it'll be senior enough contacts

so - they know we're not happy......will there be any action is the question....

Skivingatwork

There will be a stubbornness within AB that she doesn’t want to admit she has got another managerial appointment wrong. This will be the fourth in succession and starts to call into question her abilities to lead a football club.

There’s no doubting she pulled the club back from the brink of extinction and has done well in terms of the new stand and infrastructure.

However, it’s painfully obvious she cannot pick a football manager.

john brownlee
39 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Well said 

• davemclaren changed the title to SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )