SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )

Absolute Scenes

kingantti1874
31 minutes ago, graygo said:

He never lost his job because of his failure in the premiership, he lost it because after they were relegated he had them 8th in the table.They had won seven of their last 24 games in the championship. He's just left Preston in 16th place in the championship.

Doesn't look like the answer to me.

He has consistently over achieved. PNE have one of the smallest budgets in the league. Alex Neil I think would be a great manager for hearts 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• graygo

• iainmac

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robbo-Jambo
40 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

I can only see neilson thinking about redeeming himself by winning the league and doing well next season. In his eyes he knows he will never work in top flight football again after last night. He won’t want that defining him where’ve he goes. In his mind I genuinely think he thinks has the abilities to transform things however wrong that is to the outside

Neilson is ******* deluded. 

He had a long conversation with them in the dressing room last night apparently 🤣

Bet he never

even raised his voice to that bunch of lazy, pathetic nomarks. 

Do you honestly think players like Kastaneer, Gnando, Pospecu and Frear give a flying **** that we are out the cup in the most embarrassing result in our history. 

I don't. 

Robbo-Jambo
41 minutes ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

"This is a statement to all the genuine fans who remain behind Robbie...." 

🙄

All three of them. 

46 minutes ago, Plato said:

The board may vote to sack him but can we afford to, money is very tight?

Could we afford not to? We'd be straight back down next season!

47 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

She'll be writing a statement blaming the shitebag supporters she'd rather do without probably

She may well achieve that anyway. Plenty fans have thrown the towel in. A good way to start bringing them back would be by showing that last nights debacle will not be tolerated.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's fine. Robbie said sorry. Let's move on. :rolleyes:

Oh for Vlad again. :sob:

He didn't say sorry though, at least I haven't seen him apologise. He said that we deserve an apology that's all. 

Rick Sanchez

We need to be ruthless here. I'm not debating names here about who's good enough etc but with Neil, McInnes and Robinson available, you really need to be taking a gamble, if we can afford it. They won't stay unemployed for long.

31 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I know emotions are raw and there's a lot of justified anger around but people can't expect an instant response. It would be entirely unprofessional. Meetings and agreements need to be reached. If nothing has been done by the close of business on Friday then fair game but the board need to be given time to act.

The voice of reason.

Robbo-Jambo
28 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

That explanation didn’t make sense to me either. If we are playing like last season’s team at this stage then it’s Robbie’s responsibility and no-one else.

It is his responsibility, but the fact that he seems to be conveniently missing is he signed half that team that played last night!! 

He has completely lost the plot. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I would expect the club to make the decision internally today, then the fans would be informed later. It’ll be a back him or sack him statement. And they’ll back him, on the basis of the 9 game league run, and seeing us through to promotion. Tbf, they just are not going to sack him and put JJ or Kirk in caretaker charge are they, it’s knee jerk, let’s be honest here. All eyes are on getting the promotion job done. More I think about it, I highly highly doubt he will go today. He will get the “we fully back the manager” statement of death, then it becomes sudden death at the weekend. 

If we were to fail to win on Saturday, it’ll become a tsunami and we would see folk turn up outside Tynecastle. Although tbh that might even happen today  

53 minutes ago, Plato said:

They should pass the hat round. They might get a surprise how much gets chopped in to get him launched. 

30 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Do you expect us to hire a manager that hasn't failed at some point in his career?

No but one that has maybe had more success than failure might be nice.

For the club still to be a train-wreck after eight years of incredible financial support and goodwill from the supporters following administration speaks volumes about the quality of leadership both on and off the park. Evidently we now have a group of players which can’t be bothered turning up either for their (admittedly uninspiring) manager or for the fans who have gone the extra mile time and time again. Shameful.

The scale of the historic opportunity currently being pissed up against the wall for the club to prosper under stable financial conditions never previously seen in my lifetime should not be forgotten. 

30 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I said the same thing on another thread. You couldn't get her off social media when things were going well but don't hear a thing from her now. Total contempt for the fans. She will be hoping this blows over but we need to make sure it doesn't. Her and neilson should resign today before they do any more damage. 

I don't think I've ever seen Ann Budge posting on social media, got a link?

Berra than you
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I would expect the club to make the decision internally today, then the fans would be informed later. It’ll be a back him or sack him statement. And they’ll back him, on the basis of the 9 game league run, and seeing us through to promotion. Tbf, they just are not going to sack him and put JJ or Kirk in caretaker charge are they, it’s knee jerk, let’s be honest here. All eyes are on getting the promotion job done. More I think about it, I highly highly doubt he will go today. He will get the “we fully back the manager” statement of death, then it becomes sudden death at the weekend. 

If we were to fail to win on Saturday, it’ll become a tsunami and we would see folk turn up outside Tynecastle. Although tbh that might even happen today  

If they aren't going to sack him there is no point issuing a statement. Without fail statements backing managers are the kiss off death. McInnes, Lennon and Levein can speak for that

I expect he has forewarned Budge of the fact he wants shot of so many players and this isn't the first she is aware of how bad things are . No??

Edited by Riccarton3

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

All three of them. 

We know whonthey are.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

29 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...she sacked DS after a few months into his reign (which is pretty knee jerk for her) - the only time however. I still think she won't sack RN.

She never sacked DS though, his contract ended with relegation/expulsion.

1 hour ago, Plato said:

Can we afford not too!

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It is his responsibility, but the fact that he seems to be conveniently missing is he signed half that team that played last night!! 

He has completely lost the plot. 

A speech of Cathro-esque proportions in its stupidity & incomprehensibility.

He's literally run out of excuses (after weeks of blaming pitches/the weather) - now its all about "last season". FFS, we're 3/4 of the way through THIS season , have won 2 out of 7 of late against some dire opponents. WTF are him and his "coaches" doing all day long ? 

He has lost the plot. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

A speech of Cathro-esque proportions in its stupidity & incomprehensibility.

He's literally run out of excuses (after weeks of blaming pitches/the weather) - now its all about "last season". FFS, we're 3/4 of the way through THIS season , have won 2 out of 7 of late against some dire opponents. WTF are him and his "coaches" doing all day long ? 

He has lost the plot. 

That's right. He knows blaming the pitch and all the other pish doesn't wash here, well, it never did, so he has to fabricate/ exaggerate other issues to try and highlight it isn't him. 

Did budge not already give the dreaded vote of confidence a few weeks back ? Maybe I imagined it.

The board must be aware of how shit we have been and had talks with Nielson before last night. Fact no matter how much he moans about players they are all better than the Brora players

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

No but one that has maybe had more success than failure might be nice.

I'd say he was a success at Hamilton and Norwich (granted it ended poorly). He's done not bad at Preston considering budget. Wouldn't say he's been a failure anywhere really. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Berra than you said:

If they aren't going to sack him there is no point issuing a statement. Without fail statements backing managers are the kiss off death. McInnes, Lennon and Levein can speak for that

That’s what I’m saying though, that’s obviously what is going to happen. Stevie wonder could see it coming “Neilson has our full backing to deliver on the seasons goal of immediate promotion” bet you that’s near enough the exact words. It will sicken a lot of fans. We all know he is a dead man walking now. But equally, sack him now after a cup exit with us top of the league... could it do more harm than good? The club will just try not to upset the apple cart and hope we win on Saturday. But then, if we lose, you’d think there would be no choice.

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

I would imagine that they have the morning off since over a five hour bus journey back from Brora. Maybe afternoon meeting then vote of confidence in the evening 

Should’ve had the bloody meeting on the bus or as soon as they got back to Edinburgh , all it needs is 

RN. can I offer my resignation after the debacle tonight?

AB , accepted , bye then 

Rick Sanchez

He's lost the dressing room. No sign of any happy faces, even with the chirpy cheery McCulloch and Halliday.

Another transfer window won't accomplish shit.

36 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I think she’ll be on the phone to him about football matters. 
I’m not kidding either. 

Highly likely.

Always felt the club will never truly be rid of Levein's influence while Ann Budge is in charge.

He has her ear. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Did budge not already give the dreaded vote of confidence a few weeks back ? Maybe I imagined it.

The board must be aware of how shit we have been and had talks with Nielson before last night. Fact no matter how much he moans about players they are all better than the Brora players

She backed him and said he was here for 3 years.

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That’s what I’m saying though, that’s obviously what is going to happen. Stevie wonder could see it coming “Neilson has our full backing to deliver on the seasons goal of immediate promotion” bet you that’s near enough the exact words. It will sicken a lot of fans. We all know he is a dead man walking now. But equally, sack him now after a cup exit with us top of the league... could it do more harm than good? The club will just try not to upset the apple cart and hope we win on Saturday. But then, if we lose, you’d think there would be no choice.

There can only be "when" he leaves, not "if". #

Surely Budge can see this? If he stays then i couldn;t care less if we win 5-0 on saturday, it's irrelevant.

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Stendel didnt even get a Zoom call.

I’m sure it was a text message.

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, leginten said:

For the club still to be a train-wreck after eight years of incredible financial support and goodwill from the supporters following administration speaks volumes about the quality of leadership both on and off the park. Evidently we now have a group of players which can’t be bothered turning up either for their (admittedly uninspiring) manager or for the fans who have gone the extra mile time and time again. Shameful.

The scale of the historic opportunity currently being pissed up against the wall for the club to prosper under stable financial conditions never previously seen in my lifetime should not be forgotten. 

Agree with every word mate. 
My whole life supporting us we’ve been absolutely skint ffs and then we get some stable financial footing and the whole thing is an complete shambles😕

Rogue Daddy
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

She never sacked DS though, his contract ended with relegation/expulsion.

Yeah, you're right... she still wasn't slow to replace him/get shot, however. Looking back they both had the opportunity to 'back out' if 'relegation' ensued... thought it was handled pretty badly IMO. I think RN was hired before DS was relieved of duties.

29 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He has consistently over achieved. PNE have one of the smallest budgets in the league. Alex Neil I think would be a great manager for hearts 

Average of the last 5 seasons puts their budget 14th out of 24.  They were in 16th place when he left.

He'd get my support if appointed though.

Berra than you
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yeah I get that. I've no faith he'll be gone today but you'd surely think the board know that him leaving wouldn't cause us to not get promoted. Even when we have been poor under robbie, we have still managed to get results cause this league is a joke.

You do not in business continue to throw good money at bad. At least the removal of RN and the associated cost has an outcome. That is what you are paying for. The alternative is two more years of farce plus probably 2 or 3 more of rebuilding again.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Well Budge can dip into her wealth as she’s culpable of hiring this clown.

This 100% with a wee bit extra for the Levein shambles

complete control
20 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Ffs get the kit man to pick the team. 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Silence. Utter silence from Budge. After being in charge of hearts in light of the worst defeat in our clubs history, we have had heard nothing. How can she say she has the clubs best interest at heart if she cannot stand up and pour anger onto the insipid displays we are watching week in and week out. Her silence, in my eyes, is actually her agreement that last nights result was acceptable and expected as a club of our size. In my lifetime I have witnessed some shockers, but nothing like last night. As a club owner I would be utterly livid that in my tenure I’ve had to witness a result that goes down as the worst in history. Utterly unacceptable and action must be taken to stop this happening. 

Turning to the players: there is something severely wrong with the philosophy and set up at our club. From management to players. We have Blackpool’s top goalscorer. We have 2 Ireland internationals. We have a player who at one point was playing against top English premier league teams. We have one of the most recent exciting wingers Scottish game has seen. We have wi5out doubt, the best goalkeeper in Scotland. We have an ex livingstone player who was part of one of the strongest defences in the league. Why are we not seeing the quality? Why are we not destroying teams 4 leagues below us?? 

this isn’t just the levein effect because it was the same with Stendel and now with Neilson. 
I want answers and as fans who pump absolutely sheds of money to be given the filth we watched last night, it is the absolute least we deserve.

where are you budge

I think you're echoing what we're all saying.

One of our star players, Smith, is lauded for his consistent mediocre performances week in week out.

We've certainly set the bar lower these days.

simplesimon

I am fuming about last nights result but would think firing the manager now would be counter productive.  We need to get out of the championship and the next 2 games should confirm that.  2 defeast would leave things in doubt.  Clearly some players are going through the motions planning their exit but there may be a few that still back Neilson.  We don;t need them downing tools against Dunfermline.

Address the situation at the end of the season, not now, please.  Personally, it's the players that I think are most at fault. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

If he isn’t leaving then any statement is just going to inflame the situation imo. 

Doing nothing and saying nothing will inflame things even more.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, simplesimon said:

I am fuming about last nights result but would think firing the manager now would be counter productive.  We need to get out of the championship and the next 2 games should confirm that.  2 defeast would leave things in doubt.  Clearly some players are going through the motions planning their exit but there may be a few that still back Neilson.  We don;t need them downing tools against Dunfermline.

Address the situation at the end of the season, not now, please.  Personally, it's the players that I think are most at fault. 

It's genuinely worrying that we have fans like you with the mindset that he shouldn't be sacked right now. Very worrying. 

15 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I'd say he was a success at Hamilton and Norwich (granted it ended poorly). He's done not bad at Preston considering budget. Wouldn't say he's been a failure anywhere really. 

Would you say that RN has been a success at Hearts and Dundee United? Pretty similar records.

He's not at Preston because he had the team lower than their budget should have them.

ps. That "success" at Hamilton saw them in the bottom 6 every season they were in the premier. Obviously winning promotion from the championship after a play off can't count as success, RN has won it outright twice and is heading for a 3rd.

Edited by graygo

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

She backed him and said he was here for 3 years.

There can only be "when" he leaves, not "if". #

Surely Budge can see this? If he stays then i couldn;t care less if we win 5-0 on saturday, it's irrelevant.

As i say it’s just the aspect of, trying to avoid upsetting the Apple cart. Are we going to just pull the trigger and chuck JJ / Locke in as caretaker? Let’s be real here, it ain’t happening just over a cup exit. It will take a league defeat on Saturday for it to happen. They’ll back him today then it’s sudden death Saturday imo 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

As i say it’s just the aspect of, trying to avoid upsetting the Apple cart. Are we going to just pull the trigger and chuck JJ / Locke in as caretaker? Let’s be real here, it ain’t happening just over a cup exit. It will take a league defeat on Saturday for it to happen. They’ll back him today then it’s sudden death Saturday imo 

The cup exit is far more worthy of a sacking than a league defeat that will probably mean very little given the gap at the top of the league.  

He should be sacked today. It's what a competent board would do. 

It's not just this result. It's the loss to Alloa in the League Cup and the poor performances in the league. Last night's result was merely the final straw. 

The board need to realise that he has now lost the backing of almost the entire Hearts support. There is no way back for him. 

If he is not dismissed. It will only further infuriate a support which has simply had enough and that isn't good for the club. 

She has to make the right decision. Backing Neilson now would be a fatal mistake for us. We're in a good position to get promotion and it is the perfect opportunity to recruit the right person before the summer. 

Edited by Cruyff

Any ITK posters who can shed some light on the silence? 

I seriously hope they'll announce he's going but it feels so unlikely.

• davemclaren changed the title to SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )