SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )

Absolute Scenes

1 minute ago, hm123fc said:

Cancelled my FOH Direct Debit as well because it is the only meaningful way I can express my anger with what is happening to our club.  Will happily make up the payments missed when there is a change of the first team management.

Would may have been better to get many cancelled at the same time for maximum impact. Done anyway. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• graygo

• iainmac

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I think the final showed that he will always take the cautious approach.  They were hammering us because we were not going for it in the first half   look what happened when we did go for them.  So we would've been more than 2 down if we had went for it?   

It's why we will never cross a finishing line with his levein approach. 

You don't know that, none of us do.

so....if a new manager comes in.....they also have to work with a bunch of players who won't be here next season.

so - same problem as Robbie?

perhaps bin RN and have Naismith as interim player manager?

5 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Lol  I wouldn't add the euro result to last night.  Worded that wrong  sorry.  

👍

glynnlondon
1 hour ago, Prince Buaben said:

Season is nearly done and cant see many vacancies arising until the summer to be honest. None of the two will end up at Parkhead. If Hearts job is available im sure they would be interested. Both Men id imagine are being paid by old clubs for a period so will have no rush to get back to it.

We are in a position where we don't need to rush into anything. Leagues done. Lets not rush in for wrong man again.

Our problem is sitting around for weeks doing god knows what , then making the wrong move. See Cathro / Levin appointments.

7 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Enough of the happy clapping already 🙄

Who are you calling a happy clapper? I'm not a happy clapper, wait what is a happy clapper? Is it a good thing? I might be a happy clapper. Can you be an unhappy clapper?

Francis Albert

I can't find what I thought I had posted so I will repeat it. Just a few weeks ago Ann communicated via Barry Anderson  news about the share "handover". At the time I questioned why she communicated via Barry rather than directly. It was supposedly an interview but there was no evidence in the article that Barry asked any questions. It read like a statement dressed up as an interview. So I have little doubt that this latest article has the same origins ... a plant by the club. 

DD will be cancelled (as in suspended) today. 

Edited by Francis Albert

4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Silence. Utter silence from Budge. After being in charge of hearts in light of the worst defeat in our clubs history, we have had heard nothing. How can she say she has the clubs best interest at heart if she cannot stand up and pour anger onto the insipid displays we are watching week in and week out. Her silence, in my eyes, is actually her agreement that last nights result was acceptable and expected as a club of our size. In my lifetime I have witnessed some shockers, but nothing like last night. As a club owner I would be utterly livid that in my tenure I’ve had to witness a result that goes down as the worst in history. Utterly unacceptable and action must be taken to stop this happening. 

Turning to the players: there is something severely wrong with the philosophy and set up at our club. From management to players. We have Blackpool’s top goalscorer. We have 2 Ireland internationals. We have a player who at one point was playing against top English premier league teams. We have one of the most recent exciting wingers Scottish game has seen. We have wi5out doubt, the best goalkeeper in Scotland. We have an ex livingstone player who was part of one of the strongest defences in the league. Why are we not seeing the quality? Why are we not destroying teams 4 leagues below us?? 

this isn’t just the levein effect because it was the same with Stendel and now with Neilson. 
I want answers and as fans who pump absolutely sheds of money to be given the filth we watched last night, it is the absolute least we deserve.

where are you budge

Too busy getting the Skyline at home deals out or whatever it's called

Francis Albert
33 minutes ago, Tazio said:

There is no statement. Just Anderson’s ideas of what it would be. 

How are you sure it wasn't planted by the club? I think it probably was, like the "interview" about the handover of shares to FoH.

But if by any chance not silence is at least as damning.

glynnlondon
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Who are you calling a happy clapper? I'm not a happy clapper, wait what is a happy clapper? Is it a good thing? I might be a happy clapper. Can you be an unhappy clapper?

As far as I'm aware you can be a crayon muncher and bigot/racist/misogynist (insert ist of choice)

Or an apologist for failure and Budge cheerleader/rimmer.

Hope this helps

Auldbenches
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

😄  you're well up for it today.  Mean this in the nicest way.     

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

If COVID wasn’t present and in our lives, would last nights result meant a fan gathering at tynecastle today? A protest at the way the club is being run and something to demonstrate the feelings towards the manager. I think the result would definitely have warranted such action

100%

it would not be pretty at all

11 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

so....if a new manager comes in.....they also have to work with a bunch of players who won't be here next season.

It would give a new manager a good idea who to bin if they came in now though.

10 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I don’t see a hugely poor squad when I look through it. I’m not convinced it is hugely poor. Not great at centre back but every other department has some good players, enough to say we should be beating Brora that’s for sure

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t see a hugely poor squad when I look through it. I’m not convinced it is hugely poor. Not great at centre back but every other department has some good players, enough to say we should be beating Brora that’s for sure

indeed. generally there's been consensus on here up till recently, that there's enough quality to compete next season with 2-3 additions.

we've seen what a difference just one player can make to the whole outlook of a team - Ginnelly.

Back that up with a solid CD pairing (Soutter - but only if 100% back to his best - plus one other). 

a midfield line up of a confident GMS, Irving, McEneff and Ginnelly with (again, a confident) Boyce and Gnando and that's surely going to be OK?

yet another overhaul sounds costly - when with different management it needn't be

6 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

😄  you're well up for it today.  Mean this in the nicest way.     

Ach I'm the same as everyone else mate in that I think he needs punted. I have a nagging doubt that they (Budge) will wait it out till at least promotion is confirmed.

Can you imagine if she bulleted him now and as unlikely as it is, we stopped getting results and never won this damn league.

David Black
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The majority of this squad are top 6 Premiership. We have about 6 or 7 full internationals. The problem is the coaching and what the players are being asked to do and now it is quite clear they do not like it, hence the reason they look bored, uninspired, and disinterested. If Hearts were to run a  match between the first team and the woman's team we would be set up exactly the same. It is boring robotic football.

We've been waiting to "rebuild at the next transfer window" for about 10 transfer windows in a row.

It's pish.

It's a lazy excuse.

The club is rank rotten from Board to Manager/Coaches to playing staff.

Need a complete overhaul of the entire infrastructure.

26 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Not the daftest idea I’ve read on here. Not saying much recently right enough but I’d give Naismith the job till the summer. Struts about the place like he owns it anyway. 

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Do you not think they've sat down and thought how can we frame this to take as much heat of Neilson as possible? It's all largely deflection. He can't improve players it is as simple as that hence lets say we need a big rebuild again

Edited by Riccarton3

2 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Would give the gig to Naismith and Gordon as player manager/coach until a new manager is appointed.

Naismith is overpaid, over played and has utterly failed in his leadership role at the club. Why   would anyone suggest he is anything other jettisoned? 

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

We've been waiting to "rebuild at the next transfer window" for about 10 transfer windows in a row.

It's pish.

It's a lazy excuse.

New manager, coaching team, ceo & dof suggests we did the overhaul. Time for another one ? 

Edited by Dazo

50 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Iain, don’t believe you have proof that the Board released that statement to Anderson. Happy to be proved wrong though. 

Who else would've released it?

27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I can't find what I thought I had posted so I will repeat it. Just a few weeks ago Ann communicated via Barry Anderson  news about the share "handover". At the time I questioned why she communicated via Barry rather than directly. It was supposedly an interview but there was no evidence in the article that Barry asked any questions. It read like a statement dressed up as an interview. So I have little doubt that this latest article has the same origins ... a plant by the club. 

DD will be cancelled (as in suspended) today. 

This looks like the article you're referring to 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-plans-to-hand-hearts-over-to-fans-this-summer-as-she-explains-spending-shift-and-season-ticket-aims-3159153?amp

13 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

indeed. generally there's been consensus on here up till recently, that there's enough quality to compete next season with 2-3 additions.

we've seen what a difference just one player can make to the whole outlook of a team - Ginnelly.

Back that up with a solid CD pairing (Soutter - but only if 100% back to his best - plus one other). 

a midfield line up of a confident GMS, Irving, McEneff and Ginnelly with (again, a confident) Boyce and Gnando and that's surely going to be OK?

yet another overhaul sounds costly - when with different management it needn't be

The consensus on here thought that.**** me I'm well out of touch with this board it's been evident since the Dunfermline defeat we are horseshit.

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

The Board has not released a statement through anybody - stop making shit up.

:liesalarm:

Who has sanctioned this press release then?

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Who else would've released it?

well he could be guessing but I don’t think so.

time to up the pressure peeps in every single way we can. It’s not and never will be acceptable. 

time the board realised who they work for

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Who has sanctioned this press release then?

What press release ? It was an article by a journalist who may or may not have been given the correct info. 

There's an awful lot to dislike about our club at the moment, it's heartbreaking to feel so much disinterest and disillusionment with it. 

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

The consensus on here thought that.**** me I'm well out of touch with this board it's been evident since the Dunfermline defeat we are horseshit.

am referring to the time when Gnando first came in and was scoring assisting without any trouble.

McEneff in his first game dared to pass the ball forward AND make forward runs.

Kingsley was see as an excellent piece of business, and even Popescu was starting to warm to folk.

Add in Gordon, Smith and Boyce and a fit again Ginnelly and you're only looking at 2-3 more additions.

9 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Naismith is overpaid, over played and has utterly failed in his leadership role at the club. Why   would anyone suggest he is anything other jettisoned? 

This. Wish folk would stop pushing the idea that he is some kind of great leader. He has totally taken the club for a ride the last 3 years with no return. We are shit because of the likes of him.

14 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Would give the gig to Naismith and Gordon as player manager/coach until a new manager is appointed.

Season is over anyway. Anyone will do 

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

What press release ? It was an article by a journalist who may or may not have been given the correct info. 

See the bit that said "Hearts Board's Plans Revealed" - who do you think would've revealed them?

Semantics.

Dennis Reynolds
14 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's pish.

It's a lazy excuse.

This in spades. The same excuses have been used for every single appointment and we've gone through over 100(?) players 'rebuilding'.

45 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Would may have been better to get many cancelled at the same time for maximum impact. Done anyway. 

Ditto 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

well he could be guessing but I don’t think so.

time to up the pressure peeps in every single way we can. It’s not and never will be acceptable. 

time the board realised who they work for

Exactly.

The fact that the Board have not directly communicated with us after that debacle says more about their "plans" than the BA article.

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

am referring to the time when Gnando first came in and was scoring assisting without any trouble.

Kingsley was see as an excellent piece of business, and even Popescu was starting to warm to folk.

Add in Gordon, Smith and Boyce and a fit again Ginnelly and you're only looking at 2-3 more additions.

Jordan Roberts saying he's enjoying the "freedom to play" at Motherwell. That just backs-up what we see every week, rigid possession Robbie ball system.  McEneff has now been reigned into it and any spontaniety drilled out of him.

We need rid of the imposter, not (all) the players as well.

3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I still didn't see it sorry.We looked bottom 6 to me at best.Right now we look certs for relegation once again a squad with zero fight or passion about them.

4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I would imagine that they have the morning off since over a five hour bus journey back from Brora. Maybe afternoon meeting then vote of confidence in the evening 

They had just slept for an hour and a half before getting on the bus ffs!

4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

See the bit that said "Hearts Board's Plans Revealed" - who do you think would've revealed them?

Semantics.

come on Iain. Ffs. 😂

Thay isn’t a press release. May well turn out to be leaked info but it isn’t a press release. 

5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I made this point last night. Players come in, look good, and then in a matter of a couple of weeks are shit. Only one factor can make this happen. Bad coaching. 

We have a spineless, gutless & clueless owner, board, manager/coaching staff & set of players not fit to wear the jersey (bar a few, Craig Gordon & Michael Smith to name a couple).  I hope that they are all proud of themselves after last nights sh!t show. None of the above (apart from Gordon & smith) are fit to represent Heart of Midlothian Football Club in any shape or form. 

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

If there is a plane fund I am happy to contribute. 

Simply put we need to do another one. 
Im in an all. 
Get him out. 

• davemclaren changed the title to SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )