SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )

Absolute Scenes

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Even a short club statment would suffice 

If he isn’t leaving then any statement is just going to inflame the situation imo. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• graygo

• iainmac

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Plato said:

The board may vote to sack him but can we afford to, money is very tight?

Well Budge can dip into her wealth as she’s culpable of hiring this clown.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

alex Neil took over at Norwich when they were struggling in the championship and gained promotion to the premiership against the odds. Lost his job unfairly as they didn’t invest to stay up. Got unfancied Preston to play offs last season also

He never lost his job because of his failure in the premiership, he lost it because after they were relegated he had them 8th in the table.They had won seven of their last 24 games in the championship. He's just left Preston in 16th place in the championship.

Doesn't look like the answer to me.

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Put him on gardening leave. Delays any potential payouts

**** me we should be entering the Chelsea flower show at this rate. 

Dave McCreery's knee

Budge has said she regrets not getting Levein to leave after the 2019 cup final. That was the decision that ultimately led to

our expulsion and demotion. I hope to feck she has learned that lesson and is ruthless now. May cost to get rid of him but there are good managers available now without compo. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Good to know anyway. Hopefully the club see's sense here and sacks him. 

The fact he hasn't offered his resignation speaks volumes about him. Want him gone.

Is it a fact that he hasn't offered his resignation and if it is how do you know?

Just now, graygo said:

Is it a fact that he hasn't offered his resignation and if it is how do you know?

His comments yesterday didn't speak to a man that is stepping down. Very reminiscent of Levein where the writing is on the wall but he's refusing to see it. 

FWIW, if he resigns then he'll win back some respect. Otherwise its rank behaviour. 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Well Budge can dip into her wealth as she’s culpable of hiring this clown.

Aye, that's what normally happens.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

His comments yesterday didn't speak to a man that is stepping down. Very reminiscent of Levein where the writing is on the wall but he's refusing to see it. 

FWIW, if he resigns then he'll win back some respect. Otherwise its rank behaviour. 

Average footballer too. 

Just now, OTT said:

Ann Budge has previous for not having knee jerk reactions, I reckon if he tried to resign she would say to leave it 24 hours and we'll look at things rationally.

Once that 24 hours are up I'd expect him to be clearing his locker.

glynnlondon
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

**** me we should be entering the Chelsea flower show at this rate. 

We should just sign Alan Titchmarsh and cut out the middle man

VagabondJambo
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Berra even still being here is 

:facepalm:

And in a typically-Hearts “old pals” act, the alleged “coach” awarded him the captaincy of the team that suffered the club’s most embarrassing defeat ever.

A stain that will endure.

And no more “old pals” acts please!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, VagabondJambo said:

And in a typically-Hearts “old pals” act, the alleged “coach” awarded him the captaincy of the team that suffered the club’s most embarrassing defeat ever.

A stain that will endure.

And no more “old pals” acts please!

Stendel had Berra worked out. He must bring Ann her morning milk or something 

14 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

I can only see neilson thinking about redeeming himself by winning the league and doing well next season. In his eyes he knows he will never work in top flight football again after last night. He won’t want that defining him where’ve he goes. In his mind I genuinely think he thinks has the abilities to transform things however wrong that is to the outside

Hmmmm, now where have we had that mindset before 🤔🙄

You are likely spot on - most folk in football, regardless of the pitiful offerings they have presided over, convince themselves, that it is jam tomorrow, if that's the right expression.

CL being the master at it....he still thinks he could have got us out the mess he made, solely himself!!!!!!!!

adambraejambo

JJ is no mug and he must be feeling the same as all of us. I like to think he is telling Budge he has to go.

Savage I dont know much about but he has been in football for a while and surely he can see Neilson is in way over his head. He never appointed him so he not on the spot if he says he has to go.

Foh surely to god has to grow some balls on board level and tell Budge he has to go.

Finally Andrew McKinley. Purely from a financial aspect I'm sure he will be aware of the feeling amongst fans and  the financial hit the club will take next season if we dont act now. 

Edited by adambraejambo

SectionDJambo
13 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Genuine question:

Has Robbie apologised?

he said fans are owed an apology, ain’t the same as giving us one though.

I got the impression he thought that the players should be apologising. He's blaming last season's attitudes for this shambles, even though half of last night's team are part of this season's recruitment. 

Italian Lambretta
15 minutes ago, Plato said:

There is maybe a gardening vacancy available at the Oriam since Levein has left?

Isnt that what usually happens.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Aye, that's what normally happens.

It would be a lovely gesture and she would get a warm fuzzy feeling doing it.

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

So what? People are clamouring for Alex Neil and he was no Neil Berry.

Don't want to forget how bad he's been in both. 

We know she doesn't do knee-jerk reactions. There are cups of tea to be drunk, maybe scarves to be knitted...I expect a sacking in 2022.

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I got the impression he thought that the players should be apologising. He's blaming last season's attitudes for this shambles, even though half of last night's team are part of this season's recruitment. 

Exactly. Any gaffer over seeing that kind of result and not apologising himself is a coward. It’s the current conditions in the club that are the problem. You can only base improvement on where you are not where you were. His blaming of the past is pathetic.

VagabondJambo
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

He is deluded!

He said “when I came in here I was turning around a ship that was heading in the wrong direction, it had three wins out of 30 in the Premiership. We've changed it, we've turned it around”

The appointment of Stendel was a brave one, which Ann said would bring attacking, entertaining football.  After the Levein era, it was showing the right signs (yes, yes, Pereira, etc yeah yeah!).

Stendel saw through Berra and did the right thing.

It was Stendel that was turning things around!!

Yes, Neilson HAS turned things around too - backwards!

CloustonHMFC

I know emotions are raw and there's a lot of justified anger around but people can't expect an instant response. It would be entirely unprofessional. Meetings and agreements need to be reached. If nothing has been done by the close of business on Friday then fair game but the board need to be given time to act.

Edited by CloustonHMFC

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, VagabondJambo said:

He is deluded!

He said “when I came in here I was turning around a ship that was heading in the wrong direction, it had three wins out of 30 in the Premiership. We've changed it, we've turned it around”

The appointment of Stendel was a brave one, which Ann said would bring attacking, entertaining football.  After the Levein era, it was showing the right signs (yes, yes, Pereira, etc yeah yeah!).

To make that sort of comment after losing to Brora sums up Neilson’s mentality. As ever, trying to find excuses and pass the buck. 

5 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

That explanation didn’t make sense to me either. If we are playing like last season’s team at this stage then it’s Robbie’s responsibility and no-one else.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

To make that sort of comment after losing to Brora sums up Neilson’s mentality. As ever, trying to find excuses and pass the buck. 

He’s an absolute throbber.

17 minutes ago, graygo said:

He never lost his job because of his failure in the premiership, he lost it because after they were relegated he had them 8th in the table.They had won seven of their last 24 games in the championship. He's just left Preston in 16th place in the championship.

Doesn't look like the answer to me.

Do you expect us to hire a manager that hasn't failed at some point in his career?

3 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

He is deluded!

He never went on to say what bits he had turned around, be interesting to hear what he meant as I don't see what they are

Rocky jamboa
46 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Silence. Utter silence from Budge. After being in charge of hearts in light of the worst defeat in our clubs history, we have had heard nothing. How can she say she has the clubs best interest at heart if she cannot stand up and pour anger onto the insipid displays we are watching week in and week out. Her silence, in my eyes, is actually her agreement that last nights result was acceptable and expected as a club of our size. In my lifetime I have witnessed some shockers, but nothing like last night. As a club owner I would be utterly livid that in my tenure I’ve had to witness a result that goes down as the worst in history. Utterly unacceptable and action must be taken to stop this happening. 

Turning to the players: there is something severely wrong with the philosophy and set up at our club. From management to players. We have Blackpool’s top goalscorer. We have 2 Ireland internationals. We have a player who at one point was playing against top English premier league teams. We have one of the most recent exciting wingers Scottish game has seen. We have wi5out doubt, the best goalkeeper in Scotland. We have an ex livingstone player who was part of one of the strongest defences in the league. Why are we not seeing the quality? Why are we not destroying teams 4 leagues below us?? 

this isn’t just the levein effect because it was the same with Stendel and now with Neilson. 
I want answers and as fans who pump absolutely sheds of money to be given the filth we watched last night, it is the absolute least we deserve.

where are you budge

I said the same thing on another thread. You couldn't get her off social media when things were going well but don't hear a thing from her now. Total contempt for the fans. She will be hoping this blows over but we need to make sure it doesn't. Her and neilson should resign today before they do any more damage. 

jack D and coke
44 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I would imagine that they have the morning off since over a five hour bus journey back from Brora. Maybe afternoon meeting then vote of confidence in the evening 

Poor wee souls will be bus lagged with all this fecking travelling. 
They’d have made their own ****ing way back for me.
:seething: 

19 minutes ago, Dave McCreery's knee said:

Budge has said she regrets not getting Levein to leave after the 2019 cup final. That was the decision that ultimately led to

our expulsion and demotion. I hope to feck she has learned that lesson and is ruthless now. May cost to get rid of him but there are good managers available now without compo. 

Where did she say this? She'd probably still have him in charge if it was up to her, RN was as close as she could get to him without directly rehiring him

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps Budge will agree, sack Neilson and then bring back Levein.

I think she’ll be on the phone to him about football matters. 
I’m not kidding either. 

28 minutes ago, Plato said:

Its a myth managers get their contract completely paid its usually a few months wages and is written into contract.

We can afford to sack him.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I know emotions are raw and there's a lot of justified anger around but people can't expect an instant response. It would be entirely unprofessional. Meetings and agreements need to be reached. If nothing has been done by the close of business on Friday then fair game but the board need to be given time to act.

You seen the nick of Aidy White?

I think the professionalism ship has long since sailed from Gorgie.

Rogue Daddy
15 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ann Budge has previous for not having knee jerk reactions, I reckon if he tried to resign she would say to leave it 24 hours and we'll look at things rationally.

Once that 24 hours are up I'd expect him to be clearing his locker.

...she sacked DS after a few months into his reign (which is pretty knee jerk for her) - the only time however. I still think she won't sack RN.

Nookie Bear
Just now, jack D and coke said:

I think she’ll be on the phone to him about football matters. 
I’m not kidding either. 

I think you are right.

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, Plato said:

Can we afford not to? That’s the bigger picture. 

CloustonHMFC

If he's getting punted today it'll be late afternoon before we know. As far as I'm aware the team stayed in Brora last night so probably won't even be back in Edinburgh yet. Budge isn't someone to sack a manager that's not there in person.

Vlad the impaler
9 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Utter nonsense,Ross county sacked their manager on the full time whistle and he gave his after match presser as the ex Ross county manager. It can be done

Edited by Vlad the impaler

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

If he's getting punted today it'll be late afternoon before we know. As far as I'm aware the team stayed in Brora last night so probably won't even be back in Edinburgh yet. Budge isn't someone to sack a manager that's not there in person.

Is that not literally what happened to Stendel? :D 

Italian Lambretta

Stendel didnt even get a Zoom call.

He was on radio Scotland saying 2 buses left the ground last night. 5 hour drive back 

Robbo-Jambo
52 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Silence. Utter silence from Budge. After being in charge of hearts in light of the worst defeat in our clubs history, we have had heard nothing. How can she say she has the clubs best interest at heart if she cannot stand up and pour anger onto the insipid displays we are watching week in and week out. Her silence, in my eyes, is actually her agreement that last nights result was acceptable and expected as a club of our size. In my lifetime I have witnessed some shockers, but nothing like last night. As a club owner I would be utterly livid that in my tenure I’ve had to witness a result that goes down as the worst in history. Utterly unacceptable and action must be taken to stop this happening. 

Turning to the players: there is something severely wrong with the philosophy and set up at our club. From management to players. We have Blackpool’s top goalscorer. We have 2 Ireland internationals. We have a player who at one point was playing against top English premier league teams. We have one of the most recent exciting wingers Scottish game has seen. We have wi5out doubt, the best goalkeeper in Scotland. We have an ex livingstone player who was part of one of the strongest defences in the league. Why are we not seeing the quality? Why are we not destroying teams 4 leagues below us?? 

this isn’t just the levein effect because it was the same with Stendel and now with Neilson. 
I want answers and as fans who pump absolutely sheds of money to be given the filth we watched last night, it is the absolute least we deserve.

where are you budge

Good post. 

She is a bigger embarrassment than our clown of a manager. 

Look how long it took to her get rid of Levein ffs. 

Neilson has made so many shit signings this year he should be sacked solely for that. 

Also the decent players he has signed have gone drastically downhill since joining us. 

There is something far, far wrong at the club from top to bottom.

Very sad to see tbh. I

Robbies negligence at implementing long throw training drills is possibly his biggest failing......

We can't pass, or cross, or shoot.....so we should have played a rugby esque style of play doing everything just to keep the ball in the other half and hope someone accidentally knocks it into the other teams goal.

SomethingAboutObua

Someone needs to do a poll on is it time for Budge to go and is it time for the FoH to be more vocal

GorgieRules22

As a support we need to do something as there’s nothing being done by anyone at the club that’s for sure. This will be swept under the carpet and they’ll just hope we win on Saturday and all goes quiet. That doesn’t work now, last night for me was the line in the sand.

I know it’s not great under the current circumstances but if fans wanted to make their voices heard on Saturday outside Tynecastle I’d be up for that.

5 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Players are definitely back.....pretty sure they were coming straight down the road after the match.

The Treasurer

When I saw the thread title my first thought was that our new CEO should be making a statement of some sort.

However I cannot for the life of me even remember his name.

Just what has this faceless nobody done since he came to the club ?

• davemclaren changed the title to SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )