*** Official Brora Rangers v Heart of Midlothian Match Day Thread ***

kila

Voice of reason
Just now, davemclaren said:

We rode our luck last season at Falkirk in the cup. We seldom do things the easy way but a cup exit against Brora is unthinkable. 

Absolutely unthinkable! 😬

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Francis Albert

• Harry Potter

• neilnunb

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

With respect to the recent posts above, all the confirmation email is is another route to the same log-on page so therefore not strictly necessary. Clicking back onto the original link leads to the same page with the countdown clock.

there should be a bit that says already have a ticket? log in

No Idle Talk
6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

check your junk folder

Nice one. Although I'm a little annoyed at myself for not thinking of that. 😳

AllyjamboDerbyshire
11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

check your junk folder

Always do, but thanks

AllyjamboDerbyshire
13 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

With respect to the recent posts above, all the confirmation email is is another route to the same log-on page so therefore not strictly necessary. Clicking back onto the original link leads to the same page with the countdown clock.

OK, that's what I hoped would be the case. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

I have to say, hearts TV seems like one of the better streams when you hear fans of other clubs moaning. I've only had one issue with it and that was the black out in the first half of the Ayr game.  I can't really fault the stream. Wether its value for money for what we are seeing is a different story.

I think coverage has been pretty poor. Raith, on a presumably smaller budget, showed us up. The quality of the stream itself is generally ok though.

PPV prices are rip off tho.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I just hope he doesn't go with a back four. Try something attacking and smash them off the park by half time. 

Stop with the crazy talk. Brora's match fitness has to be suspected and they will definitely run out off steam. Keep it tight, pass the ball along the back four - midfield- back four - midfield and repeat for 75 minutes and capitalise on the penalty we get when the Brora centre back gets tired and trips Boyce/ Walker in the box. It's the Neilson way. 

Unlike the Arbroath game where I watched a dodgy stream (the camera work was woeful, and even if we had scored, I doubt the camera would have been pointing the right way), I am happy to pay for this one however. 

Brora is a great place. I have stayed in the hotel a few times. Friendly people and a terrific golf course, complete with sheep which is what links is all about. Their football team has been spurned by the selfish central belt based clubs so happy to lend my meagre support.

35 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Absolutely unthinkable! 😬

I can't even begin to think how unthinkable it is.

Sounds like Brora are putting the effort in and giving us our £12 worth with the build up interviews.

Wonder how high their new TV tower is on top of the stand? 

Edited by kila

13 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Stop with the crazy talk. Brora's match fitness has to be suspected and they will definitely run out off steam. Keep it tight, pass the ball along the back four - midfield- back four - midfield and repeat for 75 minutes and capitalise on the penalty we get when the Brora centre back gets tired and trips Boyce/ Walker in the box. It's the Neilson way. 

No doubt. It will only show further evidence that he’s not very bold if that happens. 

Scott980612

£12 spent. 

Give us a decent performance hearts - few goals - job done - safely into next round  

No disrespect to Brora but fitness alone should win this game , never mind better quality.

15 minutes ago, kila said:

Sounds like Brora are putting the effort in and giving us our £12 worth with the build up interviews.

Wonder how high their new TV tower is on top of the stand? 

TV tower may be the posh name for a scaffolding platform.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Brora could easily be League 1 standard. Been strong for quite a while. 

Adrenalin will help them to a point. 

As an aside really nice part of Scotland tucked away. If ever in need of a peaceful retreat, great place to go. Cracking golf too

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Brora could easily be League 1 standard. Been strong for quite a while. 

Adrenalin will help them to a point. 

As an aside really nice part of Scotland tucked away. If ever in need of a peaceful retreat, great place to go. Cracking golf too

Adrenalin will help them to a point?

A point? I thought it went to penalties?

Only kidding!

Mon the JTs!

I bought a ticket for PPV and the raffle, but where do you see the ticket number for the raffle?  

* Got it now.  🤦

Edited by neilnunb

Francis Albert

7.45 KO? Checked the Guardian and its fixtures list includes the two League 2 games but not the Scottish Cup game involving the Championship leaders and 8 time cup winners. Ah well. Hearts may have fallen a long way but the paper I have read for 50 odd years is in a dreadful state. Marxist woke comic.

underwaterwoodwelder

I'm feeling positive about tonight's game. I feel in my gut we will smash this lot at least one nil... 

C Mon Robbie you have the tactics to break this lot down. ..

Pasquale for King
Just now, underwaterwoodwelder said:

I'm feeling positive about tonight's game. I feel in my gut we will smash this lot at least one nil... 

C Mon Robbie you have the tactics to break this lot down. ..

Hahahahaha that made me laugh 👍🏽

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Prime opportunity for Neilson to embarrass us again 

This 😂. Brora are 16/1 ...

7 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

That seems to be the case mate. Only way that game goes ahead on the 3rd is both ourselves and Dunfermline are knocked out tonight.

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

it's a bit like going to the game. You never know what you're going to get till the game starts. I bought it to help support Hearts but mostly to help Brora who got well and truly shafted at the same time as we did.

Ta. forgot that had happened to them too.

No Idle Talk

That sounds like a stiff breeze and the grass looks at least 2mm over optimal length. If we get through tonight it will be a great result.

davemclaren
37 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

7.45 KO? Checked the Guardian and its fixtures list includes the two League 2 games but not the Scottish Cup game involving the Championship leaders and 8 time cup winners. Ah well. Hearts may have fallen a long way but the paper I have read for 50 odd years is in a dreadful state. Marxist woke comic.

Marxist? 😂

Stewart

Haring Halkett Berra

Kastaneer McEneff Irving White

GMS Gnando Walker

Robbo-Jambo
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sounds windy. Ominous 🙁

Robbie will jump on that one if things go wrong 😉

Berra than you
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

I think coverage has been pretty poor. Raith, on a presumably smaller budget, showed us up. The quality of the stream itself is generally ok though.

PPV prices are rip off tho.

Yeah, it was the quality of the stream I was referring too really. Coverage at half time and such isn't the best. Both PPV and season ticket doesn't give you value for money though - however I reckon that's likely the case across the board though.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Stewart

Haring Halkett Berra

Kastaneer McEneff Irving White

GMS Gnando Walker

Was trying to work it out. McEneff filled in at RB when smith went off a few weeks ago. If he’s there then it could be-

stewart

mceneff Berra Halkett White

Haring Irving 

Kasteneer Walker GMS

Gnando

i hope it’s your version though.