• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Francis Albert

• Harry Potter

• neilnunb

The American
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

We’re going for a hat trick of final appearances. 

Win is in the bag. 

👀

It should be but it’s not with this bunch of shit away from home 

you can get 11-1 Brora tonight 

all over it 

No Idle Talk

It will be interesting to see what team Robbie goes with tonight. There is no obvious solution to the right back problem. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Haken said:

"...no easy games..."

"...difficult place to come..."

"...surface a bit of a leveller..."

"...men behind the ball..."

"...elements made it difficult..."

BINGO!

I don't care we won the game. 

Not fun. 

Not entertaining. 

No style. 

Bigger budget. 

Tin pot. 

Embarrassing we only won by x amount. 

No effort. 

Robbie oot. 

BINGPOT

6 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

It will be interesting to see what team Robbie goes with tonight. There is no obvious solution to the right back problem. 

Kastaneer could play there. 

heartsfc_fan
31 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I know Boyce is available having not travelled with N.I. but I have a feeling he won't play tonight

Saturday was more my concern. With Naismith still out all it needed was Gnando to pull up and we're using Henderson and Kastaneer as strikers.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

No Idle Talk
15 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Kastaneer could play there. 

That gives me the fear. It is one of the options on the table though.

33 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I think will be white left back with popescu right back. Berra back in the middle with halkett 

15 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

That gives me the fear. It is one of the options on the table though.

Gives me the frear.

No Idle Talk
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think will be white left back with popescu right back. Berra back in the middle with halkett 

I suspect that is what it will be. Can't say I like it much. 

I wonder if McEneff could be dropped into the right back position? He has plenty of energy and work rate to get up and down the wing. He takes our corners so the coaches obviously think he can cross a ball. We would then be able to play Haring, Halliday and Irving in midfield.

Obviously this wouldn't apply tonight but I am thinking ahead to the weekend. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
3 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I wonder if McEneff could be dropped into the right back position? He has plenty of energy and work rate to get up and down the wing. He takes our corners so the coaches obviously think he can cross a ball. We would then be able to play Haring, Halliday and Irving in midfield.

I'm sure McEneff dropped into that area when Smith went off injured a few weeks back.

5 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I think halliday is suspended for this one

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

It might sound silly to say, but this is a big game for us tonight. We've looked lethargic in the league and Brora will be right up for this. Add to that we are missing key players with limited options in terms of replacements, travel, dodgy pitch etc. All set up to be a bit of a banana skin. Obviously there's a big gap in quality but the Scottish Cup games are the only games that really matter now that the league is all over bar the singing. Just need a professional performance to see us through to the next round. 0-1 for me, Gnando header.

No Idle Talk
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

I think halliday is suspended for this one

Aye, he is. I was really thinking about the weekend, Halliday will be available then.

14 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

I'm sure McEneff dropped into that area when Smith went off injured a few weeks back.

He did against ICT.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

I know Boyce is available having not travelled with N.I. but I have a feeling he won't play tonight

According to the EEN he has NI's blessing to play and has made the trip up North. 👍

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You could be right, having just got a new baby, Robbie may think its not fair to take him up North for a trip that will mean him away for half the day at least and back in the early hours. As another posters says, Saturday is the more vital game for him.

11 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

It might sound silly to say, but this is a big game for us tonight. We've looked lethargic in the league and Brora will be right up for this. Add to that we are missing key players with limited options in terms of replacements, travel, dodgy pitch etc. All set up to be a bit of a banana skin. Obviously there's a big gap in quality but the Scottish Cup games are the only games that really matter now that the league is all over bar the singing. Just need a professional performance to see us through to the next round. 0-1 for me, Gnando header.

Can't see it being any different from our usual offering against teams we should be overcoming easily.

We will no doubt huff and puff and pass the ball sideways and backwards at a snails pace allowing the part timers all the time in the world to keep us pinned back.

Nobody with the brains or ability to find the defence splitting passes nor any runners going in behind the defence to receive the ball. 

The only positive thing I see from the potential team is that Halliday is out so things might speed up a bit in midfield withoutr him unless of course Haring plays then it''s back to square one.

I hope I am wrong and suddenly things start to click and we play more like our opening game against Dundee but I have seen little of late to suggest that this game will be any different to the same old lack lustre performances.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not fun. 

Not entertaining. 

No style. 

Bigger budget. 

Tin pot. 

No effort. 

Robbie oot. 

BINGPOT

Shot of tequila every time you read one of the above comments? Take the edge of reading some of these threads ...

Robbo-Jambo
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Can't see it being any different from our usual offering against teams we should be overcoming easily.

We will no doubt huff and puff and pass the ball sideways and backwards at a snails pace allowing the part timers all the time in the world to keep us pinned back.

Nobody with the brains or ability to find the defence splitting passes nor any runners going in behind the defence to receive the ball. 

The only positive thing I see from the potential team is that Halliday is out so things might speed up a bit in midfield withoutr him unless of course Haring plays then it''s back to square one.

I hope I am wrong and suddenly things start to click and we play more like our opening game against Dundee but I have seen little of late to suggest that this game will be any different to the same old lack lustre performances.

Think that is exactly how it will pan out. 

Another slow, laborious performance and could see a one nil penalty win. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all if something worse happened 🙄

No Idle Talk
4 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Is there audio on HeartsTV ? thx

Not tonight. The next listed event is Saturday's game against Queen of the South.

Andrew Stevenson

I think the next round of the cup is scheduled for the weekend of 3rd April so if /when we progress tonight will the league game at Dunfermline on 3rd April be called off and rearranged? It would have been nice to clinch the championship by beating Dunfermline on their own patch.

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

Not tonight. The next listed event is Saturday's game against Queen of the South.

thank you!!

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 minute ago, Andrew Stevenson said:

I think the next round of the cup is scheduled for the weekend of 3rd April so if /when we progress tonight will the league game at Dunfermline on 3rd April be called off and rearranged? It would have been nice to clinch the championship by beating Dunfermline on their own patch.

That seems to be the case mate. Only way that game goes ahead on the 3rd is both ourselves and Dunfermline are knocked out tonight.

Stendelnator
16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You could be right, having just got a new baby, Robbie may think its not fair to take him up North for a trip that will mean him away for half the day at least and back in the early hours. As another posters says, Saturday is the more vital game for him.

Boyce is with the team up north. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Shot of tequila every time you read one of the above comments? Take the edge of reading some of these threads ...

Take the edge off..... 

You'd be in a coma if we weren't 3-0 up after 10 minutes!

Ted Hastings

In light of the suspension / injuries / international call ups i would go with this.                               

Stewart

Popescu  Halkett  Berra  White

Haring

McEneff          Irving

Walker

Boyce   Gnando

Just a reminder that the last time we won the cup, we needed an 84th minute winner against Auchinleck Talbot in our first game.

grumpyespana

I expect it will be 0 - 0 at H/T then when their lack of fitness kicks in we will win by 2 - 0 in the end with another inept performance lol.

maroonsgotop
31 minutes ago, Andrew Stevenson said:

cup games take priority. If we are lucky enough to progress to the quarter finals we have 3 games that will need to be rearranged as detailed below. 

Cup schedule as follows;

Second Round: Tuesday, 23 March
Third Round: Saturday, 3 April (Dunfermline away)
Fourth Round: Saturday, 17 April (Morton away)
Fifth Round: Saturday, 24 April (ICT home)
Semi-Finals: Saturday, 8 & Sunday, 9 May
Final: Saturday, 22 May

Mr Elwood P
40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Take the edge off..... 

Bliss!

50 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Be getting your stomach pumped by half-time!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The article was shared yesterday he’s away up with them. 

Mr Elwood P
17 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Be getting your stomach pumped by half-time!

Quite possibly be more enjoyable than dredging JKB for positivity ...

OmiyaHearts

Team selection shouldn't be an issue. A professional club like ours should be able to pick our weakest 11 and still win comfortably.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

For me this feels a bit like the Elgin game we played in the cup about 3 or 4 seasons ago. Think we won by the skin of our teeth in a 1 goal bore fest. Canny mind who scored. might have been big Laff.

I'm going 1-nil Hearts tonight....just because we are shite!

Limited options at the back. Popescu could fit in at right-back, possibly McEneff. Berra might be a starter and if Halkett's suspended, Haring might get some game-time. Think White will play at some point.

At the moment i'd be thinking

...................Gordon

McEneff Popescu Berra Kingsley

Kastaneer Walker, Halliday, White (or Mackay-Steven)

...........Gnanduillet Boyce.

Subs from.....Haring, Irving, Mackay-Steven (or White), Henderson, Frear.

That team should still be good enough but no doubt the system won't be that. Therefore dreading the game.

Edited by jambonian

We seem to raise or lower our playing standards to match the opposition right now so I'm not expecting much from tonight. 2-0 to us with both goals in the second half. PPV getting bought now.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Take the edge off..... 

Be happy being 1-0 up😕

This should be done and dusted by half time. Brora are obviously PT and not played for months.

As such I confidently predict a 0-1 win with a late-ish goal coming in the 70 to 80 min time bracket.

rudeskaboyuk
1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

This should be done and dusted by half time. Brora are obviously PT and not played for months.

As such I confidently predict a 0-1 win with a late-ish goal coming in the 70 to 80 min time bracket.

Don't forget it will be a soft hand ball type  penalty. 

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not fun. 

Not entertaining. 

No style. 

Bigger budget. 

Tin pot. 

No effort. 

Robbie oot. 

BINGPOT

The audacity of folk expecting a professional group of players to do well against the might of Brora.