kila

Would like us to go 

Stewart

White Halkett Kingsley Halliday

Haring

Irving Mceneff Gms

Walker 

Gnando

Get at them from the start, will probably be nervy early doors but we should get the job done.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Francis Albert

• Harry Potter

• neilnunb

Fozzyonthefence
13 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

Brora have trained 4 or 5 times and played one friendly (today) since the last round. 

So they’ve trained more than when Raith came to Tynie and went 3-0 up just after half time after not having played for ages?!

Seriously though, we’re not losing this.  But the fact that some are even entertaining it as a possibility shows just how much we have regressed.

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would like us to go 

Stewart

White Halkett Kingsley Halliday

Haring

Irving Mceneff Gms

Walker 

Gnando

Get at them from the start, will probably be nervy early doors but we should get the job done.

Halliday suspended apparently

10 hours ago, jonesy said:

They could just play the Benny Hill theme instead of having commentary every time the ball comes near them. Would at least liven things up for us, the poor viewers.

:lol: 

13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So they’ve trained more than when Raith came to Tynie and went 3-0 up just after half time after not having played for ages?!

Seriously though, we’re not losing this.  But the fact that some are even entertaining it as a possibility shows just how much we have regressed.

Seeing some of the starting line ups people are predicting on here  I don't think it's going to be easy. I expect it will be a bit like yesterday,  performance wise but Brora will run out of steam and we will win 2 - 0. Brora are probably around mid Div 1 levels.

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Could be. Might go to three at the back. Maybe something like-

Stewart

Popescu Berra Halkett

White McEneff Haring Irving GMS

Gnanduillet Kasteneer. 

That’s probably the best lineup from who’s available. 

3-4-3 for me

Gordon 

Popescu Halkett Kingsley 

Kastaneer McEneff Irving White                  

GMS          Walker

Gnando 

16 hours ago, kila said:

Because they got ****ed over by the vote and I want Hearts to ram it up all these tinpot clubs. We don’t desperate need the share of money but this will make the likes of Brechin sweat. And agitate Arbroath even more. 

Biggest help to Brora is to vote in favour of the Colts proposal which gets them into League 2. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

3-4-3 for me

Gordon 

Popescu Halkett Kingsley 

Kastaneer McEneff Irving White                  

GMS          Walker

Gnando 

This is good for me. 

heartmussel
4 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

that will do for me lol

Just had a quick look through report of there cup game against Hibs last year,Hibs won 3-1 with an 89th minute goal to banish their nerves.It was Broras first competitive match in 7 months for whatever reason.

Haring will be suspended for this too will he not as he got a two match ban for serious foul play. I think it must be served in next two first team matches even if different competitions.

Niemi’s gloves
17 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Haring will be suspended for this too will he not as he got a two match ban for serious foul play. I think it must be served in next two first team matches even if different competitions.

No I think he’s available.  He was sent off against Dundee, got a two match ban as you say, which has now been served by the matches against Ayr and Arbroath.

29 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

No I think he’s available.  He was sent off against Dundee, got a two match ban as you say, which has now been served by the matches against Ayr and Arbroath.

You are correct. Thanks. 

jamboinglasgow

I might be wrong about Halliday being suspended, as an Edinburgh Live article about Tuesday says he can play.

Though I was going off this article from the beginning of January saying both Halliday and Michael Smith are suspended for the 2nd round game after picking up yellow cards in the semi and final of last season comp.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/two-experienced-hearts-players-suspended-scottish-cup-tie-against-camelon-or-brora-rangers-3086752

My phone says a draw is the likliest result but I didn't think you could draw.  Maybe it means over 90 minutes.  Anyway, this is Brora Rangers not the Texas rangers and I think we should be giving one or two youngsters like Henderson a start.

Because they have chosen to call themselves rangers, I don't like them and I want them thrashed.

Saint Jambo

I'll be interested to see how Stewart gets on. Most posters seen to think he is really reliable back-up. He might be, but so far I don't think there is any real evidence of that. I went through the games he played recently and posted a summary. He hadn't made a save of note and been at least partly at fault for most of the goals conceded. It's a really small number of games so far, so too early to come to a judgement but it might turn out he was third choice at Livi for a reason. Hopefully he has so little to do that tonight leaves us none the wiser.

Other than that, optimistic that we'll get an early goal and go on to win comfortably. Also hoping that Brora players decide to come out and try to attack rather than sitting deep for 90minutes.

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, heartmussel said:

Just had a quick look through report of there cup game against Hibs last year,Hibs won 3-1 with an 89th minute goal to banish their nerves.It was Broras first competitive match in 7 months for whatever reason.

They missed a few early chances as well, I remember watching part of that, it was on the bbc. 

Was not comfortable for Hibs, especially 1st half. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'll be interested to see how Stewart gets on. Most posters seen to think he is really reliable back-up. He might be, but so far I don't think there is any real evidence of that. I went through the games he played recently and posted a summary. He hadn't made a save of note and been at least partly at fault for most of the goals conceded. It's a really small number of games so far, so too early to come to a judgement but it might turn out he was third choice at Livi for a reason. Hopefully he has so little to do that tonight leaves us none the wiser.

Other than that, optimistic that we'll get an early goal and go on to win comfortably. Also hoping that Brora players decide to come out and try to attack rather than sitting deep for 90minutes.

He'll definitely not have much to do tonight 😊. Be a bit harsh to judge him when he's in his pajamas playing fifa. 

12 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I might be wrong about Halliday being suspended, as an Edinburgh Live article about Tuesday says he can play.

Though I was going off this article from the beginning of January saying both Halliday and Michael Smith are suspended for the 2nd round game after picking up yellow cards in the semi and final of last season comp.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/two-experienced-hearts-players-suspended-scottish-cup-tie-against-camelon-or-brora-rangers-3086752

Smith and Halliday suspended for tomorrow. Harings suspension finished at Arbroath so I’d imagine he will play. 

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Smith and Halliday suspended for tomorrow. Harings suspension finished at Arbroath so I’d imagine he will play. 

Smith is on international duty anyway. 

Saint Jambo
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He'll definitely not have much to do tonight 😊. Be a bit harsh to judge him when he's in his pajamas playing fifa. 

If there is one thing I've learned from jkb, it is that we should judge everyone connected with Hearts excessively harshly at all times. I for one will be booing the players for 90mins from 7.45pm tonight and every night regardless of whether there is a game on or not.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Is anybody slightly concerned about this match?

I am.

Nah, they are not Maltese. 

it'd be rather ironic if the enforced changes see us play with fluidity and flair.

should be winning this at least 3-0

portobellojambo1
16 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Is anybody slightly concerned about this match?

I am.

Yes, and it is unfortunate that in looking forward to a Scottish Cup tie against Brora rather than considering how many goals we should win such a game by the actual thoughts are will we get through this tie. We were very much made to look like the side 2nd bottom of the division on Saturday, rather than the side at the top of the league. And it looks like we have the potential to destroy the young lad who just arrived, Aaaron McEneff. When I first saw him against Ayr United I thought we had found someone who could drive us forward, provide the ammunition for the wide players to flourish, but now he is sitting in front of the back four, spending more time around our penalty area instead of the oppositions. We just don't look like a side playing with any confidence whatsoever, when the two strikers, Boyce and Gnanduillet, spend more time in midfield trying to pick up the ball rather than spend time in the opposition box finishing chances then it doesn't really send out any sort of positive signal. Everyone is playing a step back from the positions they should be adopting as a team intent on going forward.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

If there is one thing I've learned from jkb, it is that we should judge everyone connected with Hearts excessively harshly at all times. I for one will be booing the players for 90mins from 7.45pm tonight and every night regardless of whether there is a game on or not.

😂😂😂

Nothing would surprise me Tbh. 

Looking forward to extra time and penalties , great value for £12.

3-0 Hearts in 90 minutes would settle my blood pressure though.

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Yes, and it is unfortunate that in looking forward to a Scottish Cup tie against Brora rather than considering how many goals we should win such a game by the actual thoughts are will we get through this tie. We were very much made to look like the side 2nd bottom of the division on Saturday, rather than the side at the top of the league. And it looks like we have the potential to destroy the young lad who just arrived, Aaaron McEneff. When I first saw him against Ayr United I thought we had found someone who could drive us forward, provide the ammunition for the wide players to flourish, but now he is sitting in front of the back four, spending more time around our penalty area instead of the oppositions. We just don't look like a side playing with any confidence whatsoever, when the two strikers, Boyce and Gnanduillet, spend more time in midfield trying to pick up the ball rather than spend time in the opposition box finishing chances then it doesn't really send out any sort of positive signal. Everyone is playing a step back from the positions they should be adopting as a team intent on going forward.

Maybe Neilson decided to try him out as a holding midfielder just to see how he did.  Leagues over, games now, other than cup ties, are all about management making their minds up for next season in terms of who to keep, who can play where etc. 

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

1 - 0 

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Smith is on international duty anyway. 

So Smith will be suspended for the next tie.......if we get through.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

35mph tomorrow night! 😳

0589AA32-BF41-4FA4-AE14-CB7CF29A479A.png

Anyone know if Brora’s pitch is likely to have bobbles? Not looking good for us 😟

Haring must surely play ? Walker must surely be fit enough to start v Part-Timers ?

Naismith will probably start up-front.

Also....

I’m not expecting to be entertained or have any fun watching the game......perish the thought.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Is that how it works?

davemclaren
Just now, DH1986 said:

Haring must surely play ? Walker must surely be fit enough to start v Part-Timers ?

Naismith will probably start up-front.

Also....

I’m not expecting to be entertained or have any fun watching the game......perish the thought.

I would expect Haring and Walker to start. Not sure if Naismith is fit yet?

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

no, this game will count as his suspension. it would be the same for a player who would be suspended but misses the game through injury