*** Official Brora Rangers v Heart of Midlothian Match Day Thread ***

kila

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Only lost 3 1 at Easter Road. Best part of this trip will be the bus journey, some glorious scenery.

Standard get in get out, job done. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Francis Albert

• Harry Potter

• neilnunb

Haven't played a game in months so whatever level this teuchter mob have is surely diminished. That of course means it goes to penalties. 😄

I'm going for an all-out effort  (I'm actually hoping Neilson drops the usual suspects and makes wholesale changes ) from a bunch who haven't played much football.  No reason to stick with an unchanged squad - they've  showed this level of football is beneath them , putting in the minimal effort required. No point in taking players who can't be arsed all the way to Brora . Find some guys with some pride and go with them. 

So for me, big changes, a lack of cohesion and a bit of a struggle but Hearts to win well at the end. 

Hopefully it's not too windy/bumpy/soft/whatever. 

Ford Prentice
11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm going for an all-out effort  (I'm actually hoping Neilson drops the usual suspects and makes wholesale changes ) from a bunch who haven't played much football.  No reason to stick with an unchanged squad - they've  showed this level of football is beneath them , putting in the minimal effort required. No point in taking players who can't be arsed all the way to Brora . Find some guys with some pride and go with them. 

So for me, big changes, a lack of cohesion and a bit of a struggle but Hearts to win well at the end. 

If we make wholesale changes it'll be a bunch who haven't played much football against a bunch who haven't played much football. 

Other than coping with injuries and suspensions I don't expect big changes.

Just now, Ford Prentice said:

If we make wholesale changes it'll be a bunch who haven't played much football against a bunch who haven't played much football. 

Other than coping with injuries and suspensions I don't expect big changes.

I find that idea rather depressing. 

Ex member of the SaS

Seriously finding it difficult to get excited about this game. As a Robbie supporter I am totally disillusioned after watching games like the last one. Too often fannying around the backs/keeper with no movement up front and very little goal mouth action. I would like to think he read the riot act and threatened ( if not actually ) dropping those who have shown they are not up for it.

Surely we have a big enough squad to say you will be dropped if you can't be bothered. Time for these imposters to show they really are international standard players.

Typical of being a Hearts supporter as KO comes around I will ( like many I suspect ) be on the edge of my seat hoping for some real action ( from us NOT them )

15 hours ago, novoman said:

Purchased the ppv and 4 raffle tickets no 1932.

I’ve kept in touch with a Brora ex work colleague for many years and he was telling me that a lot of Brora guys support the reds  and the Jambos and will be on the hill watching the game with spilt loyalties. 

Cmon the famous  💕

PPV bought plus 2×raffle tickets no 1947. As per yourself, multiple raffle tickets on the one order number hence they must've sold a heck of a lot more than 1947. Also, no PPV ticket number so if you have a Brora contact then they may know more about that?

For anyone else reading this who intends watching, please get a PPV rather than use a dodgy stream as it helps give a wee boost to one of last season's wronged clubs and simultaneously gives a(nother) poke in the eye to those clubs who chose to vote for chaos, not to mention their subsequent ill thought out comments.

It takes only a few minutes and the confirmation e-mail arrived instantly.

https://brorarangers.cleeng.com/buy-now-brora-rangers-vs-heart-of-midlothian-23-march-2021/E650877397_GB

I'd like to see a few changes for tonight's match and give the fringe players a run out to get some game  time. Should have enough to beat Brora. 

Stewart

Popescu

Berra

Hallkett 

Kastineer

Haring

McGill

Walker

White

Henderson 

Gnando

Subs: Goalkeeper, Kingsley, Irving, Halliday, GMS, Frear, Boyce

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Weonly151 said:

I'd like to see a few changes for tonight's match and give the fringe players a run out to get some game  time. Should have enough to beat Brora. 

Stewart

Popescu

Berra

Hallkett 

Kastineer

Haring

McGill

Walker

White

Henderson 

Gnando

Subs: Goalkeeper, Kingsley, Irving, Halliday, GMS, Frear, Boyce

Zlamal for sub goalkeeper 

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Imagine shitting it from a team like Brora. What a feckin place. 

Brora are one of the good guys and we can help them out financially but from a football perspective they are utter dross, let's be frank. 

Having said all that, we are gantin and they will fancy causing an upset. 

It won't happen, but a loss tonight would surely lead to repercussions. 

3-0 to the Hearts. 

Might naw manage ma tea, stomach nerves already😦

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Imagine shitting it from a team like Brora. What a feckin place. 

Brora are one of the good guys and we can help them out financially but from a football perspective they are utter dross, let's be frank. 

Having said all that, we are gantin and they will fancy causing an upset. 

It won't happen, but a loss tonight would surely lead to repercussions. 

3-0 to the Hearts. 

Can’t argue with any of that. 

So with Gordon, Smith, Naismith, Kingsley and Halliday unavailable through internationals/suspension/injury I'll go with:

_________________Stewart

______Popescu__Halkett__White

Kastaneer__Haring__McGill__GMS

________________McEneff

________Gnanduillet__Henderson

Bench:

Zlamal

Berra

Irving

Walker

Frear

Boyce

and a couple laddies

Edited by BigAlim

upgotheheads

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Brora stadium TV set up and whether it's worth signing up. £12 for the kind of production that Arbroath provided wouldn't be worth it.

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Brora stadium TV set up and whether it's worth signing up. £12 for the kind of production that Arbroath provided wouldn't be worth it.

No clue. Not expecting much but happy to support  a club who have been well & truly shafted. 

Most clubs have bought the same type of system in Scotland so it might be more of the same. 

6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

No idea. If you expect it to be shit and not work for a spell then anything else is a bonus. 

8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Can't be much worse than hearts TV

I've signed up. Looking forward to match tonight

highlandjambo3

So...advice.

I have purchased ppv and have a link on my iPad now to watch the game.....can I view this on my smart LG tv?  I take it I can log on via my tv browser and log into this new CLEENG account I had to open to buy ppv.  I’m not the sharpest tool in the box.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

So...advice.

I have purchased ppv and have a link on my iPad now to watch the game.....can I view this on my smart LG tv?  I take it I can log on via my tv browser and log into this new CLEENG account I had to open to buy ppv.  I’m not the sharpest tool in the box.

Yes. 

maroonsgotop
16 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

it's a bit like going to the game. You never know what you're going to get till the game starts. I bought it to help support Hearts but mostly to help Brora who got well and truly shafted at the same time as we did.

Glamorgan Jambo
Just now, davemclaren said:

Yes. 

In theory yes but I tried logging into my CLEENG account via my (LG) TV browser last night and no luck.

If all else fails open it on your iPad and cast it via AirPlay on to the TV. LG TV's got Air Play in an update a couple of months ago.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Thank **** you're not the manager. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Berra than you
10 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Can't be much worse than hearts TV

I've signed up. Looking forward to match tonight

I have to say, hearts TV seems like one of the better streams when you hear fans of other clubs moaning. I've only had one issue with it and that was the black out in the first half of the Ayr game.  I can't really fault the stream. Wether its value for money for what we are seeing is a different story.

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Thank **** you're not the mamager. 

He would be doing a better job. 

highlandjambo3
5 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

In theory yes but I tried logging into my CLEENG account via my (LG) TV browser last night and no luck.

If all else fails open it on your iPad and cast it via AirPlay on to the TV. LG TV's got Air Play in an update a couple of months ago.

I watched the set up video and, the guy had said to log in just before the event so it’s probably worth trying again tonight.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I have to say, hearts TV seems like one of the better streams when you hear fans of other clubs moaning. I've only had one issue with it and that was the black out in the first half of the Ayr game.  I can't really fault the stream. Wether its value for money for what we are seeing is a different story.

You won’t be popular. 

9 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

So...advice.

If you've logged on via your smart telly for previous games then yes, it should work just the same. Alternatively (as I've been doing) you can get it on your smart phone and screen mirror it onto the telly. Also, they say that multiple devices can be used so you could also simultaneously fire up a lap-top. That way you can get 3 screens of various sizes all on the go at once. That's what I've been doing for our home games. Just like being in a sports bar and with the added bonus of quality pies & beer! 🙂

Edited by Wee Mikey

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

He would be doing a better job. 

Naw he wouldnae. 

Berra than you
Just now, davemclaren said:

You won’t be popular. 

Yeah figured it probably won't be a popular opinion 😂. Can't say I've had many issues with it though, other than cost Vs product 

37 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Found this picture on the internet. Seems as if they have a saggy bottom problem up there.

Brora+Rangers+%252819%2529.JPG

37 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

From their own website 

20210323_154219.jpg

49 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

You'll be listening to the wind for 90 minutes rather than commentary.

12 minutes ago, almair said:

I've just bought a ticket for the game, do they email with details of how to access.

I got an email with the link. Hopefully the cameras will be manually operated rather than the auto cameras that were at Arbroath. It was truly appalling and would after wonder around aimlessly.

Cheers for the reply. How long did you wait for an email?  I've been waiting half an hour ,still no email.

9 minutes ago, almair said:

Cheers for the reply. How long did you wait for an email?  I've been waiting half an hour ,still no email.

My email arrived instantly.

If you click back onto:-

https://brorarangers.cleeng.com/buy-now-brora-rangers-vs-heart-of-midlothian-23-march-2021/E650877397_GB

then you will be able to log on using the password you set up. Eventually, you'll land on the transmision page with a timer counting down. They're beginning their transmission at 19:00 with interviews etc.

20210323_161258.jpg

20210323_161326.jpg

20210323_161347.jpg

20210323_161406.jpg

20210323_161422.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Seriously finding it difficult to get excited about this game. As a Robbie supporter I am totally disillusioned after watching games like the last one. Too often fannying around the backs/keeper with no movement up front and very little goal mouth action. I would like to think he read the riot act and threatened ( if not actually ) dropping those who have shown they are not up for it.

Surely we have a big enough squad to say you will be dropped if you can't be bothered. Time for these imposters to show they really are international standard players.

Typical of being a Hearts supporter as KO comes around I will ( like many I suspect ) be on the edge of my seat hoping for some real action ( from us NOT them )

Don't think any riot act has been read. 

Been pish for the last couple of months and nothing has changed. 

TyphoonJambo
8 minutes ago, almair said:

I just bought mine and got an immediate receipt with a link to watch

Voice of reason
5 hours ago, number-16 said:

Just a reminder that the last time we won the cup, we needed an 84th minute winner against Auchinleck Talbot in our first game.

Indeed, and Auchinleck had a last minute equaliser wrongly chalked off for offside. Very lucky to scrape past them at Tynecastle. I wonder if there was a ‘Paulo Sergio out’ thread after that one? 

Obviously we should win by at least a couple against Brora in the same way as Hibs and Dundee did earlier in the season. But they both struggled a bit and that was after Brora hadn’t played a match for 7 months. So plenty of signs there that they make it hard for teams, and not just a ‘Neilson team’.  Anyway, I will go for a 3-0 Hearts win but it’s not the type of game or venue where I’d expect it to be easy on the eye!

Edited by Voice of reason

AllyjamboDerbyshire
9 minutes ago, almair said:

I registered and paid more than 2 hours ago and still haven't received an email. I contacted Cleeng requesting them to check and send email but still no response. When I click on the link on here I go to what appears to be the match site with a message 'Welcome back, Ally' and a countdown clock till the event starts. I've logged into Cleeng and it appears to be looking for me to pay £12 - again - and when I click on the link it takes me to the same 'Welcome back' page. Seems I'll just have to wait until the coverage is due to start befor I know if I'm getting the stream and keep my fingers crossed meantime.

6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I just bought mine and got an immediate receipt with a link to watch

when you click the link you need to login before you can watch it

1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I registered and paid more than 2 hours ago and still haven't received an email. I contacted Cleeng requesting them to check and send email but still no response. When I click on the link on here I go to what appears to be the match site with a message 'Welcome back, Ally' and a countdown clock till the event starts. I've logged into Cleeng and it appears to be looking for me to pay £12 - again - and when I click on the link it takes me to the same 'Welcome back' page. Seems I'll just have to wait until the coverage is due to start befor I know if I'm getting the stream and keep my fingers crossed meantime.

check your junk folder

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Indeed, and Auchinleck had a last minute equaliser wrongly chalked off for offside. Very lucky to scrape past them at Tynecastle. I wonder if there was a ‘Paula Sergio out’ thread after that one? 

Obviously we should win by at least a couple against Brora in the same way as Hibs and Dundee did earlier in the season. But they both struggled a bit and that was after Brora hadn’t played a match for 7 months. So plenty of signs there that they make it hard for teams, and not just a ‘Neilson team’.  Anyway, I will go for a 3-0 Hearts win but it’s not the type of game or venue where I’d expect it to be easy on the eye!

We rode our luck last season at Falkirk in the cup. We seldom do things the easy way but a cup exit against Brora is unthinkable. 

3 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

With respect to the recent posts above, all the confirmation email is is another route to the same log-on page so therefore not strictly necessary. Clicking back onto the original link leads to the same page with the countdown clock.