Budge Speaks

Sertse

No Idle Talk

I think Ann needs to be careful when dipping her toe into the 'some clubs are too quick to act' waters. She is absolutely correct in what she is saying but the obvious problem with her passing comment on it is that she stuck by Craig Levein for WAY LONGER than she should have. And there are a lot of Hearts fans who are annoyed about that. Rightly so in my view. So the moment Ann makes a comment about clubs sacking managers too quickly, she is immediately leaving herself open to having that thrown in her face. 

It also leaves her open to criticism because of the way she/the club handled Daniel Stendel's dismissal. Stendel wasn't given a fair shake at Hearts. He was only in the job for three months and he inherited a squad of players who were 1 - Bereft of confidence, and, 2 - Not entirely capable of playing the style of football he as a manager wanted to play. To make any kind of fair judgment on Stendel he needed to be given more time. Time to bring in players who could actually do what he was asking. Without being given that opportunity, none of us(including Ann Budge) will ever really know if Stendel could have been a successful Hearts manager. So, in my view, the dismissal of Daniel Stendel was a classic example of a club "acting too quickly". Which obviously creates a problem for Ann Budge when she makes a comment like the one she has just made. 

All of the above said, we are where we are. The clock can't be turned back so we just have to look at the here and now and try to move forward. And as far as Robbie Neilson's situation goes, I agree with Ann Budge. It would be absolute madness to sack a manager who has us on track for promotion and who came within two penalty kicks of delivering the Scottish Cup this season. We can all debate the quality of the football currently being served up by the team - personally speaking, I don't think it's good enough - but the fact is we are on course to achieve what we set out to achieve at the beginning of the season. If Hearts were to sack Robbie Neilson today(which some people on here appear to want them to do), imagine how badly that would reflect on Hearts as a club. Imagine how much more difficult it would make it for us to find a high calibre replacement for Robbie Neilson. Think about it.  You are a good football manager and your phone rings. It is Hearts on the phone and they want you to be their manager. Sounds great. So you do a little bit of research on what is going on at Hearts and why their last manager got the sack. You are probably pretty shocked to discover that Hearts are currently sitting well clear at the top of the league they are playing in and that they very nearly won the Scottish Cup earlier in the season. At that point the thought has to go through your mind - if their last manager can get sacked for that, what exactly will I have to do in order to not be under pressure or get sacked? Suddenly the job doesn't seem quite so appealing. 

Ann Budge is right. We have to stick with Robbie for the moment. More than that, we should be supporting him and not wanting him sacked any time we don't win a match. The time to truly evaluate how he is doing will be next season. I will be keeping my powder dry until then.* 

*Unless of course we suffered some sort of monumental collapse and failed to get promoted. I would expect him to be sacked at that point. But I do not believe that is going to happen so it is a moot point.

Edited by No Idle Talk

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• Bazzas right boot

• Gambo

davemclaren
33 minutes ago, kila said:

Gordon, Souttar, Kingsley, Smith, McEneff, Walker, GMS, Boyce, Gnanduillet, Naismith.

Are you telling me those 10 players won't be here next season? It's nonsense to keep blaming the players and plan to replace them every 6-12 months.

I expect virtually all of them will be here next year. That’s not a squad though. 

1 hour ago, kila said:

The biggest issue I have with Ann Budge is she is running the football side too much like any other business.

Football without fans is nothing but she is happy to keep that going because having a smaller number of socially distanced fans in the stadium is not as financially viable as having none and everyone watching a shitty stream at home.

In fact the real reason she is happy with no fans in the ground is because there is no misbehaving going on, or the ability to boo the manager/players or board. She couldn't have it any cosier right now and she is loving it. Shame it is sucking the life out the club.

When did she last praise the fans for the FoH money helping keep the club going? Don't see it mentioned in her EEN interview but she acknowledges the government grant etc.

Is she though?

Any investor in a business would under normal circumstances would like to see a return for their investment. Season Ticket holders, FoH contributors as investors would I would assume like to see at the very least improvement on the footballing side.

After 5-years of mis-management, for her to out with this "consolidate" p%sh is not the ideal way to keeping investors (supporters) on board for long, or to keep fans interested!
Quite rightly people are asking and questioning..When do these grandiose plans come to a successful end?....Hearts plans are like painting the Forth Bridge!  

If the ambitions of the support are too much for her to manage, or she cannot meet the expectations of a club the size of Hearts, then maybe it's time for her to move on.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

I expect us to challenge for 3rd, not because of any master class from RN, more because old firm apart, the SPL is as bad as top half of our league.

We will needlessly plod our way along with horrific football doing the bare minimum.

I think that is fans main problem with RN, the football is needlessly poor.

If we're about third then that's a good base to go from. 

The football is poor malarkey is nothing to do with some fans view on RN imo, these types blame him for Hibs cup win and can't separate him from CL. 

If the team is delivering results consistently then it's their personal issue imo. 

I've seen several other teams this year, our football outside of rangers has been better than the rest of this league and on the games I've seen no worse than the rest of the top flight. 

If you see challenging for 3rd as plodding along then fair enough, although not sure Hearts are the team for you or what you expect? 

It sounds like you expect us to challenge the OF. 

The worst thing we could do ( by we, I mean a small but loud crowd) is turn on Robbie again if we are in about third place. Do folk not learn? 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, smiler said:

You really do need help. 

I'm not just saying that because you're the worst of the prolific posters this board has ever seen, it's, well, because, you really do need help. 

Please stay on the subject. 

At least when you are pant wetting about how bad we are and generally slavering pish you aren't handing out pound land mental health advice. 

53 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I think Ann needs to be careful when dipping her toe into the 'some clubs are too quick to act' waters. She is absolutely correct in what she is saying but the obvious problem with her passing comment on it is that she stuck by Craig Levein for WAY LONGER than she should have. And there are a lot of Hearts fans who are annoyed about that. Rightly so in my view. So the moment Ann makes a comment about clubs sacking managers too quickly, she is immediately leaving herself open to having that thrown in her face. 

It also leaves her open to criticism because of the way she/the club handled Daniel Stendel's dismissal. Stendel wasn't given a fair shake at Hearts. He was only in the job for three months and he inherited a squad of players who were 1 - Bereft of confidence, and, 2 - Not entirely capable of playing the style of football he as a manager wanted to play. To make any kind of fair judgment on Stendel he needed to be given more time. Time to bring in players who could actually do what he was asking. Without being given that opportunity, none of us(including Ann Budge) will ever really know if Stendel could have been a successful Hearts manager. So, in my view, the dismissal of Daniel Stendel was a classic example of a club "acting too quickly". Which obviously creates a problem for Ann Budge when she makes a comment like the one she has just made. 

All of the above said, we are where we are. The clock can't be turned back so we just have to look at the here and now and try to move forward. And as far as Robbie Neilson's situation goes, I agree with Ann Budge. It would be absolute madness to sack a manager who has us on track for promotion and who came within two penalty kicks of delivering the Scottish Cup this season. We can all debate the quality of the football currently being served up by the team - personally speaking, I don't think it's good enough - but the fact is we are on course to achieve what we set out to achieve at the beginning of the season. If Hearts were to sack Robbie Neilson today(which some people on here appear to want them to do), imagine how badly that would reflect on Hearts as a club. Imagine how much more difficult it would make it for us to find a high calibre replacement for Robbie Neilson. Think about it.  You are a good football manager and your phone rings. It is Hearts on the phone and they want you to be their manager. Sounds great. So you do a little bit of research on what is going on at Hearts and why their last manager got the sack. You are probably pretty shocked to discover that Hearts are currently sitting well clear at the top of the league they are playing in and that they very nearly won the Scottish Cup earlier in the season. At that point the thought has to go through your mind - if their last manager can get sacked for that, what exactly will I have to do in order to not be under pressure or get sacked? Suddenly the job doesn't seem quite so appealing. 

Ann Budge is right. We have to stick with Robbie for the moment. More than that, we should be supporting him and not wanting him sacked any time we don't win a match. The time to truly evaluate how he is doing will be next season. I will be keeping my powder dry until then.* 

*Unless of course we suffered some sort of monumental collapse and failed to get promoted. I would expect him to be sacked at that point. But I do not believe that is going to happen so it is a moot point.

Most chat is really about his tactics, coaching, recruitment skills, motivational skill and mentality. What Budge is concentrating  on is factually correct, allowing/justifying no change whereas the fans concerns are more specific, the things Budge might refer to as bumps in the road. But are ultimately of paramount importance for progress

Edited by Riccarton3

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Similar budgets count for nowt. Our current position proves otherwise. 

The should count over a season tho. 

They don't always "count", but they should be considered when thinking and planning ahead. 

Injuries, confidence, poor mgt... votes will all change things, but when setting targets it is logical to base at least some of it around budgets. 

I think we'll be top 6.

I don't see why we can't be close to third. 

Some will disagree, time will tell tho. 

Luckily we have a manager with form for getting promoted then competiting at the top end of the table instantly. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

That’s how we are playing is that Neilsons style though (not taking the piss it’s a genuine question) The full backs and wingers can form their own partnerships and understand each other’s game, the 10 should be the link so the forward isn’t isolated, McEneff is a box to box midfielder but the 10 keeps taking his space and Boyce drops to deep when he doesn’t need too. Why are no balls played in front of our wingers? Even with two sitting one should close the other move into space. I think there’s blame on both parts, no one in our team wants to take responsibility or stay in their positions, however I don’t see RN losing his shit often enough demanding more.

He may have a vision in this head of what he wants to see. Trouble is he has to coach it in training as if we are playing another team.  Our players can hardly string three passes together that involves passing AND moving and making  progress. Our set pieces are pathetic. What do they actually practice on a training pitch? Someone  soccer illiterate though won't wonder at the level of competency on the pitch or how it relates to coaching. 

Jamstomorrow
18 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That’s a separate point. The spineless dicks representing us at the moment should have the decency to GTF if they can’t exert any influence 

You sound an ideal person for the position.   Get yourself put forward.   

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Robbie improved us in his two full seasons and had us on track in the third. 

Robbie has us were we should be this season. 

Robbie in his time with us was improving us. 

Time will tell next season, I'm fairly relaxed he'll get us back in about were we should be next season. 

👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Gambo said:

Budget and opposition ???

Are we unbeaten?

No, we aren't but the reference wasn't to an unbeaten run, just another example of someone reading what they want to justify their own minds 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Gambo has already made my point a few posts up. 

You didn't read properly either then,  maybe not a skill, fair enough 

👍

SuperstarSteve
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we're about third then that's a good base to go from. 

The football is poor malarkey is nothing to do with some fans view on RN imo, these types blame him for Hibs cup win and can't separate him from CL. 

If the team is delivering results consistently then it's their personal issue imo. 

I've seen several other teams this year, our football outside of rangers has been better than the rest of this league and on the games I've seen no worse than the rest of the top flight. 

If you see challenging for 3rd as plodding along then fair enough, although not sure Hearts are the team for you or what you expect? 

It sounds like you expect us to challenge the OF. 

The worst thing we could do ( by we, I mean a small but loud crowd) is turn on Robbie again if we are in about third place. Do folk not learn? 

100% agree. 3rd/4th regular is as good as it gets following this club. The fans who demand more are delusional. Challenging the OF is not an option. That’s not ours, Aberdeen or hibs end game. Qualifying for Europe regular is and being best of the rest is. 

Robbie finished 1st. 3rd and left us sitting 2nd (granted games in hand) If we are sitting top 4 and he’s punted next year then oh my! 

As someone explained to me. Football fans don’t care about realism, they live in hope. Telling them 3rd is as good as it gets, takes away their hope and without hope. What is a football fan? Nothing basically. 

I personally have accepted my best day supporting hearts has been and gone. It will never be topped. There won’t be a feeling that can top what I’ve already felt. So I’ll accept regular top 4 and the odd cup, sadly right or wrong, majority of fans won’t. 

7 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

100% agree. 3rd/4th regular is as good as it gets following this club. The fans who demand more are delusional. Challenging the OF is not an option. That’s not ours, Aberdeen or hibs end game. Qualifying for Europe regular is and being best of the rest is. 

Robbie finished 1st. 3rd and left us sitting 2nd (granted games in hand) If we are sitting top 4 and he’s punted next year then oh my! 

As someone explained to me. Football fans don’t care about realism, they live in hope. Telling them 3rd is as good as it gets, takes away their hope and without hope. What is a football fan? Nothing basically. 

I personally have accepted my best day supporting hearts has been and gone. It will never be topped. There won’t be a feeling that can top what I’ve already felt. So I’ll accept regular top 4 and the odd cup, sadly right or wrong, majority of fans won’t. 

That’s one way of looking at it. Another is to say fourth is the minimum standard we should accept or expect. Given the money coming into the club, why on earth should we accept anything less?

There aren’t many fans demanding more than that. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I think we can win more cups, been very close  recently despite the " worst team in 35 years 🙄". 

I also think uf we can consolidate like Robbie had us on track before we can push from there and you never know. 

Got a bit to go tho. 

Ironically some on here think we can push celtic or rangers but can't apply that logic to a club like Dunfermline, livi, Killie etc having their day/ times v us. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That’s one way of looking at it. Another is to say fourth is the minimum standard we should accept or expect. Given the money coming into the club, why on earth should we accept anything less?

There were a few last time under Robbie, planes and everything were hired.... 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There were a few last time under Robbie, planes and everything were hired.... 

There were. It was unfair on RN and he deserves a better chance this time. Recent performances have not been good enough and it can’t continue. Ignoring poor performances and accepting excuses are the reason we are where we are. The standard of opposition this season is pitiful and we need to finish the season looking much more convincing than we have or RN won’t last a month when fans are back. 

Bazzas right boot

There were. It was unfair on RN and he deserves a better chance this time. Recent performances have not been good enough and it can’t continue. Ignoring poor performances and accepting excuses are the reason we are where we are. The standard of opposition this season is pitiful and we need to finish the season looking much more convincing than we have or RN won’t last a month when fans are back. 

I really hope when promoted after a few draws or a winless run folk don't lose their shit. 

If we can get close to the standard he had us last time then hopefully the roasters calm down. 

3 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

One thing AB said is hard to argue, I dont know how some clubs aint bit the dust yet.

Based on the article I read it's the government furlough scheme.  I don't know how that operates but she categorically states that it is the lifeline.

Hibs of course are leading the way in revenue measures by marketing a badge celebrating their 7-0 victory over us in 1975.  I think we should brazenly copy them and issue one commemorating our 5-1 Scottish Cup final victory over them last Tuesday.. 

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is my memory failing me but didn't Robbie jump ship for the challenge of MK Dons in the third tier in England? Where he failed.

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I really hope when promoted after a few draws or a winless run folk don't lose their shit. 

If we can get close to the standard he had us last time then hopefully the roasters calm down. 

Seeing this latest downward turn in the context of the last couple of seasons isn’t folk losing their shit. Warning signs that the fans could see have been consistently ignored by the clubs hierarchy. If there’s an over reaction to the current awful play then it’s entirely understandable. 

In saying all that, RN inherited an absolute guddle. Let’s just hope it’s taking a while to unravel and sort out.

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Is my memory failing me but didn't Robbie jump ship for the challenge of MK Dons in the third tier in England? Where he failed.

He did and it’s fair to bring that up. I meant more of a chance until the fans turn on him. 

41 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I remember visiting Tynecastle the day after a shocker of a 6-0 stuffing from Celtic to interview Bobby Moncur for a student magazine. It was hard going being a Hearts supporter in those days and I said to him that the support is not unrealistic. I told him that most of us would be quite happy with a team safely mid table in the Premier Division, like for example St Mirren or Morton. There was no hint of ambition or confidence in his reply, which was no more than a shrug of the shoulders and a look as if to say "you'll be lucky".  The reason I say this is that never in a million years did I think that 5 years down the line we would be at Dens Park on the last day of the season..... Life following Hearts is all about ups and downs, so don't be despondent. You are right to have no expectations, but you never know!   

4 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

If Neilson was to be sacked tomorrow then would be a queue round the block for the managers job. You’re kidding yourself on if you think that manager’s take cognisance of what happened to their predecessor, they wouldn’t be getting offered the the job if they hadn’t been sacked, or left, so few would bother.

Anyway, it didn’t seem to bother Neilson that Stendel only got three months in the job, mind you Stendel hadn’t actually been told he’d been dismissed at the time Neilson got Stendel’s job. I’d imagine that scenario wouldn’t look good, as you said:

“imagine how badly that would reflect on Hearts as a club. Imagine how much more difficult it would make it for us to find a high calibre replacement”

Mind you we didn’t end up with a high calibre replacement, we ended up with Neilson.

58 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Two clubs with huge budgets. Next three clubs with very decent and very similar budgets. The rest nowhere. I’d say top 5 is minimum acceptable. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Two clubs with huge budgets. Next three clubs with very decent and very similar budgets. The rest nowhere. I’d say top 5 is minimum acceptable. 

Not going to argue with that.  I’d be disappointed if 5th was the best we could manage in the long term but as a minimum standard it seems fair. 

45 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Based on the article I read it's the government furlough scheme.  I don't know how that operates but she categorically states that it is the lifeline.

Hibs of course are leading the way in revenue measures by marketing a badge celebrating their 7-0 victory over us in 1975.  I think we should brazenly copy them and issue one commemorating our 5-1 Scottish Cup final victory over them last Tuesday.. 

When I was a bairn I had a scarf with about 15 or so Hearts badges. Lost it on a train back from Glasgow and never bought a badge since. Still a bit gutted about it now. Used to buy them out the sports shop on Gorgie Road (Thomson sport or inter sport maybe).

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Seeing this latest downward turn in the context of the last couple of seasons isn’t folk losing their shit. Warning signs that the fans could see have been consistently ignored by the clubs hierarchy. If there’s an over reaction to the current awful play then it’s entirely understandable. 

In saying all that, RN inherited an absolute guddle. Let’s just hope it’s taking a while to unravel and sort out.

I still think "awful play" after 3 draws is a tad dramatic, imo 2/3 with better finishing are wins, comfortable at that, but each to thier own. Splitting hairs, still poor results. 

New ceo, new dof, new manager, new coaching team.. Different division! if posters are still haunted by CL then it's thier issue now imo. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

When I was a bairn I had a scarf with about 15 or so Hearts badges. Lost it on a train back from Glasgow and never bought a badge since. Still a bit gutted about it now. Used to buy them out the sports shop on Gorgie Road (Thomson sport or inter sport maybe).

Ah, dull one. 

Shame, hit when shit like that happens. 

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

What happened to our CEO? I thought he was the one answerable on our football operations? 

Nah, his job is running the club on a day to day basis. He's got naff all to do with football decisions. 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That should the script every season, the best we can do is 3rd, the worst should be 5th.

Fortunately football doesn't work like that but from our point of view 5th should be the lowest. 

57 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

What happened to our CEO? I thought he was the one answerable on our football operations? 

I've asked the same question on this thread.  There seems to be some confusion (at least among the fans) over his role at the Club.  When Andrew McKinlay was appointed, the wording on the announcement read like he has responsibility for all day-to-day activities.  To me, the day-to-day activities of a football club include, *ahem*, football.

But others have posted that he is not responsible for football matters, which makes the title Chief Executive Officer seem strange.  It has also been posted on this thread that RN does not report to Sporting Director Joe Savage.  Does that mean that Robbie reports directly to Executive Chairman, Ann Budge?  Weird.  

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/andrew-mckinlay-appointed-chief-executive  

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I still think "awful play" after 3 draws is a tad dramatic, imo 2/3 with better finishing are wins, comfortable at that, but each to thier own. Splitting hairs, still poor results. 

New ceo, new dof, new manager, new coaching team.. Different division! if posters are still haunted by CL then it's thier issue now imo. 

I think it’s fair to say that with better finishing we win but even at that, Morton game aside, we set up in a far too negative way for this league. Imo, he gives far too much respect to utterly shit sides and reverts to defensive, safety first tactics by default. Since the 5-3 win it’s been noticeable and completely unnecessary imo. It would be understandable, if disappointing in a better league but it’s concerning in this one. 

Edited by GinRummy

Bazzas right boot

I think it’s fair to say test with better finishing we win but even at that, Morton game aside, we set up in a far too negative way for this league. Imo, he gives far too much respect to utterly shit sides and reverts to defensive, safety first tactics by default. Since the 5-3 win it’s been noticeable and completely unnecessary imo. It would be understandable, if disappointing in a better league but it’s concerning in this one. 

Strange, I think we had to be a bit more defensive, especially after the 3-2 Raith reverse were we We far too open and before that like your example were conceding too many, too often. 

Since that result, unbeaten in 6.

3 draws / 3 wins that we both agree could and probably should have been 5/6 with better finishing, not really tactical imo, just poor finishing but we are seeing words like awful getting branded about. 

I also think we started far more positive in 2 of the draws than we did in some of the wins earlier on, we never scored tho. 

Interesting views. 

Going forward a win on Saturday makes this run a decent if not good run, another draw makes it questionable and we are having the same debate next week - a couple of wins and all good, if not a problem. 

Guest ToqueJambo
21 hours ago, Sertse said:

Agree wholeheartedly with your post. Would love to see him back. Will never happen. Budge wants the Levein prodigy for the next 3 years so when we finish 11th next year we're still right on track to finish 6th the year after.

The Levein prodigy 🤣 Like that's a bad thing? ON the whole they tend to do well. Neilson, Jack Ross doing alright, Liam Fox now assistant at Livvy, Ian Cathro assisting at Wolves, Peter Houston did well, Rob Kelly from his Leicester days seems to have had a good career... 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Strange, I think we had to be a bit more defensive, especially after the 3-2 Raith reverse were we We far too open and before that like your example were conceding too many, too often. 

Since that result, unbeaten in 6.

3 draws / 3 wins that we both agree could and probably should have been 5/6 with better finishing, not really tactical imo, just poor finishing but we are seeing words like awful getting branded about. 

I also think we started far more positive in 2 of the draws than we did in some of the wins earlier on, we never scored tho. 

Interesting views. 

Going forward a win on Saturday makes this run a decent if not good run, another draw makes it questionable and we are having the same debate next week - a couple of wins and all good, if not a problem. 

I think the recurring theme has been poor starts. That’s what I put the Raith game down to. We just didn’t turn up until it was too late. Just shutting up shop isn’t the answer imo. Particularly, as I’ve already mentioned, considering the opposition. There was no need to keep the full backs in their own half as a reaction to letting in a few goals, the fact our wingers have been in poor form and we play two midfielders too deep just rendered us impotent as an attacking force. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Levein prodigy 🤣 Like that's a bad thing? ON the whole they tend to do well. Neilson, Jack Ross doing alright, Liam Fox now assistant at Livvy, Ian Cathro assisting at Wolves, Peter Houston did well, Rob Kelly from his Leicester days seems to have had a good career... 

:rofl:

As defending the indefensibles go, this is pretty good.

52 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Top sport?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:rofl:

As defending the indefensibles go, this is pretty good.

He's got a decent eye for coaches and has helped launch some decent careers in coaching and management. Simple facts are too tricky for some.

Lone Striker

In reply to @Maple Leaf ........

My reading of that announcement is that Ann wants to shape the board responsibilities differently from what it's been up till now.    Chairperson and CEO split into 2.    She's preparing the club  for life after Budge.

Since there's a new  Sporting Director, the CEO isn't directly involved in player recruitment or contracts.    I think the CEO will however be involved in reviewing the pros and cons of offering a new contract to Robbie - in addition to dealing with issues arising from things  like Oriam, stadium, pitch, medical, safety, security, housekeeping, compliance  etc 

Just because Ann wants Robbie and Joe to report directly to her doesn't mean that's necessarily how it will be after she leaves.   AMcK might want Robbie to report to Joe in the future.

Edited by Lone Striker

7 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Top sport?

Could have been. Doubt I’d remember if you said. Was on the left  hand side as you come from dairy road between robbos (green tree) and strattys. 

Edited by GinRummy

Could have been. Doubt I’d remember if you said. Was on the left  hand side as you come from dairy road between robbos (green tree) and strattys. 

Thats it, it’s a computer repair shop now I think? My cousin used to manage it 👍🏻

Just now, ShedBoy said:

Thats it, it’s a computer repair shop now I think? My cousin used to manage it 👍🏻

Cheers. Was trying to think what was there now but couldn’t quite picture it.