Budge Speaks

Sertse

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

For me it was enjoyable to watch when it worked but calamitous to watch when it didn’t. 

Fact is Dave, if we had a better goalie, it would rarely have been calamitous.  2 or 3 games we were well on top, started well (a rarity), making chances, never troubled and then the goalie chucks one in.  Done, all the confidence gone.

Even the ball over the top thing that was always trotted out.  Rarely actually lost goals to that.  Yes the St Mirren one, and there was one maybe against Hamilton, but frankly that was very unlucky (and offside!).  Most goals were ind errors, mostly by the goalie!

Now, he kept picking the goalie which was ridiculous and his biggest error by a country mile.  But the fact our options in goals were what they were is the bigger picture, isn't it!

Also has to be remembered he basically didn't have a midfield.  He brought in Sibbick to fix that who looked ace and got ill!  but the biggest issue outwith the goalie was actually how soft our midfield was.  The defenders (direct from horses mouth here) biggest concern wasn't ball over the top it was the lack of protection afforded to them, and that's why and when Smith was moved in there.  The squad was a proper, disgusting disgrace.

Daniel's football was something we all want to see.  I just don't get bringing in a guy with a totally new philosophy and not letting him do the job, just to revert to type.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• Bazzas right boot

• Gambo

23 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I really hate to say this as I don't like bashing Ann, but this is true.  There's so much "integrity" and "trust" within our club, little of which is merited or earnt.  Most clubs on a bad run have their shortlist drawn up.  We just kept hoping Levein would sort it, and when we HAD to let him go, basically hoped his team would sort it.

Here it is, and this won't be popular:

We interviewed Alan Irvine, probably not a bad shout actually, in the Steve Clarke kind of mould.  He left the interview not even knowing what position he had been interviewed for - manager or SD.  There was no clear plan, no clear indication of what they needed from him.

We were also interviewing guys like Stuart McCall!!!  What??!?!  There was input and advice and "you should speak to this guy" coming from "trusted people".  No professional criteria of what we wanted.

Hibs, looking for a manager at the same time, contacted a shortlist of 3 or 4, asked if they'd be interested first of all, then establishing that important fact, gave them a brief containing expectations and detailed role profile, asking them to come to interview prepared to show how they could meet it.

Done, got their man.  I happen to think he's shit and look forward to his demise and usual Hibsing of the whole thing, but the fact is people close to both parties couldn't believe the sheer gulf in professionalism when it came to the process.

I shouldn't even post this.  Not cos "ITK" and all that, I just don't like negativity on here.  This isn't meant for that.  What I'm doing is pointing out that at that time, we didn't have a single person in a position of authority with any football knowledge whatsoever.  Crazy.

Where we are now is we have Andrew McKinlay, who is great, and Joe Savage, who's jib I like the cut of.  Things wouldn't have played out like that had they been in place at that time.  Perhaps even had they been in place in the summer, things may have been different.

Daniel Stendel openly admitted he wasn't a recruitment guy - he prefered to be on the training ground and a DOF to work on getting his players.  In the knowledge an SD was on the way, could we not have given the guy a chance.  So what he took us to bottom, he was a character who gave us hope, and he was tearing apart a bunch of total underachievers who we had lost all faith in.  He should have been allowed to finish his project.

It all comes down to Levein.  The lack of leadership on the football side, the ego of him taking on dual roles, the laissez faire approach to management, where his team basically did 90% and he rocked up and picked the team, and the legacy he left not only of a lopsided, unmotivated and pampered squad, but of a footballing setup with zero structure or leadership.

Yes, Ann shouldn't have trusted him.  Yes, she should have had contingency in place.  He's the prick that got it all wrong.

I reiterate, we now have good people in authority with decision making powers over our football operations.  This won't happen again.

We have Robbie.  He is what he is.  We need to hope he can adapt and learn.  If he can't, and we look like despite all the budget etc, that we are mediocre, mid table fodder, then he won't last.  I'm sure of it.  (I like Robbie by the way, I so want him to do well for us - he just needs to loosen up)

Best case scenario, he nails it.

Don't focus on 3 years like Ann said, all she's saying there is 1) promote, 2) be solid when back (ie better than we were) 3) be up the top 4 area.  That's the next 3 years.  Can anyone disagree that would be OK?  As long as the football isn't teeth grinding, then it is OK, but that may be the issue.

You were doing well until the last paragraph. It's not ok to consolidate in our first season back up. Our budget demands a top 5 position minimum and anything else is failure. The measure of a successful season for me in my 38 years as a fan has been European qualification. The changes to European competitions means that Scotland has 5 places again and there is a better chance of big money with a guarantee group place for a team outside the top two. We need to be in there fighting for it, we should be in there right now!

Toxteth O'Grady
23 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Where we are now is we have Andrew McKinlay,who is great

What makes you say this? What has he done?

1 minute ago, Flimsy said:

You were doing well until the last paragraph. It's not ok to consolidate in our first season back up. Our budget demands a top 5 position minimum and anything else is failure. The measure of a successful season for me in my 38 years as a fan has been European qualification. The changes to European competitions means that Scotland has 5 places again and there is a better chance of big money with a guarantee group place for a team outside the top two. We need to be in there fighting for it, we should be in there right now!

Yeah, to caveat that mate, I totally agree with you.  Solid 1st season back means we're in that mix.  It'd be OK to miss out, say come 5th or narrowly 6th if within a few points and we can see something being built.  Know what I mean?

But from then, we need to see all the benefits of everything we've put in to the club give us continual achievement as the 3rd force, and actually showing ambition to break the uglies.

You can tell when I've given up work for the week eh!

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Does anyone know what he’s done. Might be an idea to let us know how things are going and what he’s been up to. 

2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I've liked the couple of interviews he's done on the radio where he's made it clear we ain't happy and we'll be back essentially.

Also, happen to have dealt with him professionally and he's a really nice guy.  That means eff all of course but he's a real professional.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

By the time Levein was sacked the board should have had a shortlist of candidates to be approached, there should have been a short period for applications, followed by a few days of interviews and an appointment.

Instead there couldn't be any contingency planning to replace the manager, because he was also DOF and a board member.

Although after he was sacked the sense of urgency at board level was palpable, with the CEO immediately...

going on holiday for a week.

With leadership like that it's no wonder how often you read on here how good a business woman Ann is.

6 weeks to bring in stendel? How many points were dropped within that period, whilst budge went away?

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Fact is Dave, if we had a better goalie, it would rarely have been calamitous.  2 or 3 games we were well on top, started well (a rarity), making chances, never troubled and then the goalie chucks one in.  Done, all the confidence gone.

Even the ball over the top thing that was always trotted out.  Rarely actually lost goals to that.  Yes the St Mirren one, and there was one maybe against Hamilton, but frankly that was very unlucky (and offside!).  Most goals were ind errors, mostly by the goalie!

Now, he kept picking the goalie which was ridiculous and his biggest error by a country mile.  But the fact our options in goals were what they were is the bigger picture, isn't it!

Also has to be remembered he basically didn't have a midfield.  He brought in Sibbick to fix that who looked ace and got ill!  but the biggest issue outwith the goalie was actually how soft our midfield was.  The defenders (direct from horses mouth here) biggest concern wasn't ball over the top it was the lack of protection afforded to them, and that's why and when Smith was moved in there.  The squad was a proper, disgusting disgrace.

Daniel's football was something we all want to see.  I just don't get bringing in a guy with a totally new philosophy and not letting him do the job, just to revert to type.

IMO... the goalie decision wasn't his. He could see, just as plainly as the rest of us, how poor his performances were... I don't think for a minute JP was anything like his first choice, there had to be other factors at play there. JP cost us our demotion (and by extension, DSs sacking?) Not ITK or anything, I just can't believe he was the best 'intentional' option/first pick for our manager. By the time it was changed, the damage had been done.

A_A wehatethehibs
29 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Agreed the fans should be grateful and the majority are in my opinion.

She has however made a mess of managerial appointments throughout her time and Robbie is another mistake. Regardless of how Stendel was treated, if she had just advertised the position, invited applicants and selected the best manager based on merit she would have had all the fans onside.

Not sure I entirely agree that Neilson is another mistake.

Ultimately there was a major risk if the club failed to get promotion this season. So if he gets that, then you really can't say its a bad appointment. Just imagine the scenes on here if, whether it was keeping Stendel or we had hired someone else, but that individual had done a Csaba Laszlo and failed to get us promoted with us sitting 2nd-3rd right now. Absolute nightmare that could've been. 

So with that in mind, if he gets us promoted, then he goes down as the first manager to achieve a league objective since... Robbie Neilson. So I personally would take that as a win.

And if going forwards we need to change managers, fine. But as long as the job of promotion gets done, that is what matters to me above all else RE the appointment of Neilson. Promotion is the be all and end all. 

However, it's right that the pressure gets turned up a notch now at this stage. We need to see more from the new blood players as well that have been brought in to make their impact, we need some optimism for the coming season. This one vs Dundee in particular.

8 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

On the back of the last 3 years, I'd say that's OK. Barring a miracle of recruitmment (and assuming the serious cash need to fix this squad is there) that's exactly where Hearts will be next season. 

"A top 5 position , minimum" ?  That's your criteria for success for next season and every season ?

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Ultimately there was a major risk if the club failed to get promotion this season. So if he gets that, then you really can't say its a bad appointment. Just imagine the scenes on here if, whether it was keeping Stendel or we had hired someone else, but that individual had done a Csaba Laszlo and failed to get us promoted with us sitting 2nd-3rd right now. Absolute nightmare that could've been. 

So with that in mind, if he gets us promoted, then he goes down as the first manager to achieve a league objective since... Robbie Neilson. So I personally would take that as a win.

And if going forwards we need to change managers, fine. But as long as the job of promotion gets done, that is what matters to me above all else RE the appointment of Neilson. Promotion is the be all and end all. 

However, it's right that the pressure gets turned up a notch now at this stage. We need to see more from the new blood players as well that have been brought in to make their impact, we need some optimism for the coming season. This one vs Dundee in particular.

I like your pragmatism. 

Rogue Daddy
12 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Yeah, I do agree.... but next season may be a stretch (although I'd be expecting to get top 6 at least). I've posted on another thread, what someone said recently - it'll take 5 or 6 windows to assemble a squad worthy of a higher position (and remain there), not 1 or 2. But, yes, a club such as ours with our fanbase and resources, should never drop beyond 4th IMO. And at that, we should be regularly pushing the uglies and getting closer to them than anyone else has. Certainly shouldn't be 20 points adrift at the end of a season, we're the 3rd biggest club.

JP was without a doubt the most significant factor in our demotion. He was utterly horrendous and it was bewildering to see him picked week after week. I don’t think he has featured for Huddersfield since his only appearance when he let in 5 or something.  Never a keeper in a million years. 

I don’t think Robbie is a mistake. He will do what he was brought in for and that’s to get us promoted. He’s a safe option.  I’m finding his brand of football boring and stagnant but it’s all about promotion. When fans are allowed back in I really hope he gets us playing attractive football otherwise he will struggle. Like most I want him to do well

6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

IMO... the goalie decision wasn't his. He could see, just as plainly as the rest of us, how poor his performances were... I don't think for a minute JP was anything like his first choice, there had to be other factors at play there. JP cost us our demotion (and by extension, DSs sacking?) Not ITK or anything, I just can't believe he was the best 'intentional' option/first pick for our manager. By the time it was changed, the damage had been done.

Duno mate, you'd like to think no one in their right mind could look at him and think he'd be first choice!!  I mean Bobby was Bobby (as my dear old gran used to say!) but brain fartery aside, he at least made saves, right!!!

My take on it was Dan was stubborn to the fact Joel was good on the deck.  But even then... was he!?!?!?  Even before Daniel was there, I just couldn't believe how bad he was.  I remember saying to my dad after about his 3rd or 4th game that he hadn't made any "mistakes" as such, but that i had never seen a keeper never make a save like he hadn't.  Like at that point none of the goals were his fault, but neither had he pulled of a worldy save to save us a point, like perhaps Bobby, or Jamie Mac would have.  And then people starting shooting more!

Really don't get it.  But you're right, he's the biggest on-pitch factor of Daniel's reign which caused our expulsion.

49 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I really hate to say this as I don't like bashing Ann, but this is true.  There's so much "integrity" and "trust" within our club, little of which is merited or earnt.  Most clubs on a bad run have their shortlist drawn up.  We just kept hoping Levein would sort it, and when we HAD to let him go, basically hoped his team would sort it.

We interviewed Alan Irvine, probably not a bad shout actually, in the Steve Clarke kind of mould.  He left the interview not even knowing what position he had been interviewed for - manager or SD.  There was no clear plan, no clear indication of what they needed from him.

We were also interviewing guys like Stuart McCall!!!  What??!?!  There was input and advice and "you should speak to this guy" coming from "trusted people".  No professional criteria of what we wanted.

Hibs, looking for a manager at the same time, contacted a shortlist of 3 or 4, asked if they'd be interested first of all, then establishing that important fact, gave them a brief containing expectations and detailed role profile, asking them to come to interview prepared to show how they could meet it.

Done, got their man.  I happen to think he's shit and look forward to his demise and usual Hibsing of the whole thing, but the fact is people close to both parties couldn't believe the sheer gulf in professionalism when it came to the process.

I shouldn't even post this.  Not cos "ITK" and all that, I just don't like negativity on here.  This isn't meant for that.  What I'm doing is pointing out that at that time, we didn't have a single person in a position of authority with any football knowledge whatsoever.  Crazy.

Where we are now is we have Andrew McKinlay, who is great, and Joe Savage, who's jib I like the cut of.  Things wouldn't have played out like that had they been in place at that time.  Perhaps even had they been in place in the summer, things may have been different.

Daniel Stendel openly admitted he wasn't a recruitment guy - he prefered to be on the training ground and a DOF to work on getting his players.  In the knowledge an SD was on the way, could we not have given the guy a chance.  So what he took us to bottom, he was a character who gave us hope, and he was tearing apart a bunch of total underachievers who we had lost all faith in.  He should have been allowed to finish his project.

It all comes down to Levein.  The lack of leadership on the football side, the ego of him taking on dual roles, the laissez faire approach to management, where his team basically did 90% and he rocked up and picked the team, and the legacy he left not only of a lopsided, unmotivated and pampered squad, but of a footballing setup with zero structure or leadership.

Yes, Ann shouldn't have trusted him.  Yes, she should have had contingency in place.  He's the prick that got it all wrong.

I reiterate, we now have good people in authority with decision making powers over our football operations.  This won't happen again.

We have Robbie.  He is what he is.  We need to hope he can adapt and learn.  If he can't, and we look like despite all the budget etc, that we are mediocre, mid table fodder, then he won't last.  I'm sure of it.  (I like Robbie by the way, I so want him to do well for us - he just needs to loosen up)

Don't focus on 3 years like Ann said, all she's saying there is 1) promote, 2) be solid when back (ie better than we were) 3) be up the top 4 area.  That's the next 3 years.  Can anyone disagree that would be OK?  As long as the football isn't teeth grinding, then it is OK, but that may be the issue.

Good post

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Great post, thanks for the insight.,

36 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Budget doesn’t really determine things in football. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Gambo said:

Do you not think the 'remit' you keep banging on about changed when the league was abruptly cut short?

If league was to shut down tomorrow with no promotion/demotion this time around I take it you will be down to Tynecastle with Neilson out banner?

:notsure:

Not the same. 

Robbie has us were we should be in a football sense this season-top. 

Stendel taken us back a place- to bottom. 

I Never wanted Stendel gone either, I'd be backing him if he stayed and was top of the league like we are now. I was wanting to give him a chance, but he's not here any more. 

No banners from me either way. 

Not quite sure of your point now you've gone full Stendel Tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

👍

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Another good post! 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

People not only wanting Jack Ross but imagining that this board would be the epitome of unity, harmony, and argument free? I wonder how long the refrain, "We've got a diamond Ja-ack Ro-oss" would last before the squabbling started. Oh wait, the squabbling would already have started although I suspect calls for "Ross Oot" would be overwhelming before long. Hibs are welcome to him. It's bad enough every thread getting infested with pointless drivel about ex-managers, crystal ball wielding experts, and 'square go' name callers without throwing a weirdly wistful desire for Jack Ross into the mix.

6 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

That the same Jack Ross who lead Hibs to 2 semi final defeats, including a memorable win for us when it was all set up by authorities to aid Hibs. 

This place is getting worse. Used to be interlopers from Easter Road tried to disguise themselves, now they just post away. 

Who wants Jack Ross... Ffs. 

:jj_facepalm:

Imagine next season on promotion replacing Robbie with Ross. 

Ffs. 

Just now, TheBigO said:

For me it was a very difficult time for Stendel when he came in. He was on his own and had to quickly choose his assistant from what we had. A stranger at a new club in a new country with no-one around he knows. He chose Andy Kirk whom he reckoned was the only one he could trust. This said by someone who was only in the door so it suggests to me that he wasn't comfortable around the others. I can understand that if you have a previous sacked manager watching your every move. I mean, who in their right mind wants to hang about if you've been sacked!? Stendel would eventually get the coaching team he wanted. His first shock, which he'd said himself was the very poor condition of the players for a supposed professional team. He had to sort out the wheat from the chaff straight away. He spotted the hanger's on and certain individuals in their comfort zone, Whelan for one, Mulraney another. Berra too slow so gets put out to Dundee and bleats to the press that big bad Stendel didn't rate him. Boo-hoo! Budge said she wanted someone who could come in and work with, and improve the players already there, he did that. The difference in Clare, Bozanic and one or two others was clear to see. He was also known for preferring to work with young players, another thing Budge wanted because of the academy. he did that also. Irving, Henderson, Moore were starting to be in the team more regularly. In his first transfer window he gets Boyce and Sibbick who look good signings. Avdijaj and Langer...ok, not so good but 50% good, 50% not. The biggest mistake he made was not bringing in a solid central defender. The two wages of Langer and Avdijaj would've covered a defender from somewhere. Needless signings. The goalie stuff...i believe there was more to it than Stendel choosing to play him. I was lead to believe Pereira would only be allowed to come to Hearts if he was played every week (obviously barring injury) and Man Utd would still pay his wage.  Stendel, i don't think, really rated him. He did drop him and put Zlamal back in then Pereira was brought back in straight away. His choice or someone telling him what the deal was? Who knows. 

When Stendel arrived there was a buzz about Tynecastle. The fans were up for what Stendel wanted to do, play an exciting brand of football, the fans backed that. It's what we grew up with through McDonald, Jeffries, Burley and had Stendel been given time, i'm convinced (with the right players brought in) we would've got a similar style of football. Stendel wanted to shake things up, certain people at the club were too wary of that and have since reverted to type. Such a shame with 24 points to play for and only 4 behind we'll never know. At least he refused to take a wage when the pandemic hit, unlike sacked individuals who screwed the club for every penny until they left. One with a conscience, another with arrogance and no conscience. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

:notsure:

Not the same. 

Robbie has us were we should be in a football sense this season-top. 

Stendel taken us back a place- to bottom. 

I Never wanted Stendel gone either, I'd be backing him if he stayed and was top of the league like we are now. I was wanting to give him a chance, but he's not here any more. 

No banners from me either way. 

Not quite sure of your point now you've gone full Stendel Tbh. 

All about you banging on and on about remits.

Stendel didn't get the chance to fulfill his remit, it changed due to circumstances out of everyone's hands, but doesn't stop you going on about "his remit" every time his name us mentioned.

I wanted Stendel to stay, but he has gone, now moved on to Neilson who's football is needlesly awful.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Budget doesn’t really determine things in football. 

More wonderful insight, days after that nobody Pep Guardiola said having more money means absolutely everything in football. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who wants Jack Ross... Ffs. 

:jj_facepalm:

Imagine next season on promotion replacing Robbie with Ross. 

Ffs. 

Even Hibs fans don't want Jack Ross.

A Jack Ross who has them at the dizzy heights (for them) of 3rd. 

Wonder why they want rid???

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, jambonian said:

For me it was a very difficult time for Stendel when he came in. He was on his own and had to quickly choose his assistant from what we had. A stranger at a new club in a new country with no-one around he knows. He chose Andy Kirk whom he reckoned was the only one he could trust. This said by someone who was only in the door so it suggests to me that he wasn't comfortable around the others. I can understand that if you have a previous sacked manager watching your every move. I mean, who in their right mind wants to hang about if you've been sacked!? Stendel would eventually get the coaching team he wanted. His first shock, which he'd said himself was the very poor condition of the players for a supposed professional team. He had to sort out the wheat from the chaff straight away. He spotted the hanger's on and certain individuals in their comfort zone, Whelan for one, Mulraney another. Berra too slow so gets put out to Dundee and bleats to the press that big bad Stendel didn't rate him. Boo-hoo! Budge said she wanted someone who could come in and work with, and improve the players already there, he did that. The difference in Clare, Bozanic and one or two others was clear to see. He was also known for preferring to work with young players, another thing Budge wanted because of the academy. he did that also. Irving, Henderson, Moore were starting to be in the team more regularly. In his first transfer window he gets Boyce and Sibbick who look good signings. Avdijaj and Langer...ok, not so good but 50% good, 50% not. The biggest mistake he made was not bringing in a solid central defender. The two wages of Langer and Avdijaj would've covered a defender from somewhere. Needless signings. The goalie stuff...i believe there was more to it than Stendel choosing to play him. I was lead to believe Pereira would only be allowed to come to Hearts if he was played every week (obviously barring injury) and Man Utd would still pay his wage.  Stendel, i don't think, really rated him. He did drop him and put Zlamal back in then Pereira was brought back in straight away. His choice or someone telling him what the deal was? Who knows. 

When Stendel arrived there was a buzz about Tynecastle. The fans were up for what Stendel wanted to do, play an exciting brand of football, the fans backed that. It's what we grew up with through McDonald, Jeffries, Burley and had Stendel been given time, i'm convinced (with the right players brought in) we would've got a similar style of football. Stendel wanted to shake things up, certain people at the club were too wary of that and have since reverted to type. Such a shame with 24 points to play for and only 4 behind we'll never know. At least he refused to take a wage when the pandemic hit, unlike sacked individuals who screwed the club for every penny until they left. One with a conscience, another with arrogance and no conscience. 

Spot on. We could’ve went down this road. 
https://trainingground.guru/articles/stuart-webber-norwich-city-and-the-infinite-game

David Black
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The good thing about Budge is, she’s rebuilt the club from basically ashes/rubble and kept us on solid ground financially. The new stand etc is all great genuinely great for the club that she drove that all over the line. 

I think the fans should be grateful for what she’s offered us in her time. But change and forward progression is important for any club, for me it’s time for her to take a significant step back and announce she will now stop issuing statements and talking to the press. It should be Andrew McKinlay and Savage taking over the leadership reigns now of the running of the club, and also the public face of the senior management of the club. Budge should be taking a step back from things, the fans need to hear from the new blood who have their own new ambitions to take us forward. Once the fans get back to the stadium with the team back in the premier, we give her a round of applause, she’s left a legacy in the stand and the financial aide for the club to kick on and get stronger. And that is a good legacy. But the time is now for the fans to start seeing the new blood that’s been brought in to take responsibility. 

Excellent post,but I fear her ego may stop her from taking a step back. 

48 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Duno mate, you'd like to think no one in their right mind could look at him and think he'd be first choice!!  I mean Bobby was Bobby (as my dear old gran used to say!) but brain fartery aside, he at least made saves, right!!!

My take on it was Dan was stubborn to the fact Joel was good on the deck.  But even then... was he!?!?!?  Even before Daniel was there, I just couldn't believe how bad he was.  I remember saying to my dad after about his 3rd or 4th game that he hadn't made any "mistakes" as such, but that i had never seen a keeper never make a save like he hadn't.  Like at that point none of the goals were his fault, but neither had he pulled of a worldy save to save us a point, like perhaps Bobby, or Jamie Mac would have.  And then people starting shooting more!

Really don't get it.  But you're right, he's the biggest on-pitch factor of Daniel's reign which caused our expulsion.

One factor that may explain Stendel's persistence with Pereira, is that there may have been punitive clauses in the loan deal from Manchester United that made it more expensive if he didn't play. Certainly they have been known to do that with other loan deals.

IMO Pereira is the biggest factor, with a competent goalkeeper, we would have taken something from the St Johnstone and Kilmarnock games immediately after the first Rangers win and would have therefore had significant momentum and confidence for the rest of the season. What ifs again ultimately.

Part of the reason why Stendel is still held in such reverence by a sizeable section of the support, is that he was the only head coach candidate from outwith the Levein boot room in the Budge era. He also wanted to play an exciting and dynamic brand of football which is stylistically the polar opposite of the dull, lateral, possession based game that Neilson, Cathro and Levein all seem to favour.

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can someone forward that link to Neilson ?

"First of all, he explained that all teams at the club play in the same way as the first team, even if that means occasionally sacrificing results. They are also told to play with two forwards rather than just one, as this doubles the chances of developing valuable goalscorers."

8 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Gary Locke 😂

A proven failed Head Coach/Manager several times over and Bongo is questioning why he wasn’t ever considered for a job under CL 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

There are more than enough sticks available to beat CL, AB and RN with.....but when he gets desperate and posts nonsense like that above it’s no wonder he’s often mocked.

Bongo needs to stick to rumours and telling us what his ‘sources’ opinions are as it’s clear his own are definitely worth ignoring at all costs.

On that basis why have Hearts appointed Robbie? He down such a great job at mk dons, or did we appoint him because of what he done at us?, according to posters on here.

For the record what he achieved in his first season with us great can't fault him 👍

Second season style of play changed overall team performance changed, without Patersons goals? 

And juanma?. 

which one is it 🤔you are starting to contradict yourself now?. 

Gary Locke would've kept us up with the kids, if it hadn't been for our points deduction, don't tell me Neilson or Levein play better football than him because they don't 😂

The kids Gary Locke brought through in our points deduction season, benefited from playing in the spfl, and gave them the platform to be ready for the Scottish Championship under Robbie, it wasn't Robbie that turned them into some sort of fantastic players over night, they had the experience of going to Easter road and beating Hibs under Locke and at Tynecastle. 

Just admit it you are like a few others, I'm the best poster on this forum 😂 i get told it regularly through my pms 😉

You pick and choose what part of arguments you want to argue about, the stuff about John Robertson fact, Rudi skacel fact, a technical coach are you having a fecking laugh 😂

Robbie and the rest of the magic roundabout, puppets to the master fact. 

Levein handing down notes from the stand, and being in the changing rooms at Pittodrie fact 🤔

I couldn't give a monkeys if i get mocked 😂I'm straight to the point 👍

Hold on a minute mate your saying about Locke, slating me etc , your saying he wasn't more qualified to coach than the likes of Ian Cathro, a guy that had never played the game at any worthwhile level whatsoever. 

But Gary Locke wasn't more qualified to be a coach than him 😂

Cathro played youth football for the mighty reeking from Brechin 😂and Forfar. 

But Locke who had over 153 games for us etc wasn't better than him 👍

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Gambo said:

All about you banging on and on about remits.

Stendel didn't get the chance to fulfill his remit, it changed due to circumstances out of everyone's hands, but doesn't stop you going on about "his remit" every time his name us mentioned.

I wanted Stendel to stay, but he has gone, now moved on to Neilson who's football is needlesly awful.

Circles. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

On that basis why have Hearts appointed Robbie? He down such a great job at mk dons, or did we appoint him because of what he done at us?, according to posters on here.

For the record what he achieved in his first season with us great can't fault him 👍

Second season style of play changed overall team performance changed, without Patersons goals? 

And juanma?. 

Gary Locke would've kept us up with the kids, if it hadn't been for our points deduction, don't tell me Neilson or Levein play better football than him because they don't 😂

The kids Gary Locke brought through in our points deduction season, benefited from playing in the spfl, and gave them the platform to be ready for the Scottish Championship under Robbie, it wasn't Robbie that turned them into some sort of fantastic players over night, they had the experience of going to Easter road and beating Hibs under Locke and at Tynecastle. 

Just admit it you are like a few others, I'm the best poster on this forum 😂 i get told it regularly through my pms 😉

You pick and choose what part of arguments you want to argue about, the stuff about John Robertson fact, Rudi skacel fact, a technical coach are you having a fecking laugh 😂

Levein handing down notes from the stand, and being in the changing rooms at Pittodrie fact 🤔

Hold on a minute mate your saying about Locke, slating me etc , your saying he wasn't more qualified to coach than the likes of Ian Cathro, a guy that had never played the game at any worthwhile level whatsoever. 

:yas:

:nojustno:

:yas:

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Can someone forward that link to Neilson ?

"First of all, he explained that all teams at the club play in the same way as the first team, even if that means occasionally sacrificing results. They are also told to play with two forwards rather than just one, as this doubles the chances of developing valuable goalscorers."

Hahahahaha good point. 

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Excellent post and an enjoyable read.....Well done!

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Even Hibs fans don't want Jack Ross.

A Jack Ross who has them at the dizzy heights (for them) of 3rd. 

Wonder why they want rid???

I believe that there are mitigating circumstances for why Jack Ross left Hearts in the first place! Highly unlikely he would be considered for any vacant position at Hearts. 

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He will surely have a say in it as Sporting Director but he’s at the same level as the manager so it will be up to the CEO and the board to make the decision you would imagine. 

So is Joe Savage essentially just there to help Robbie Neilson with player recruitment then?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

So is Joe Savage essentially just there to help Robbie Neilson with player recruitment then?

Far be it from me to say what his job is but yes part of it is to find players for RN. He does everything that the DoF did before, but he’s not the managers boss, they both report to Budge in the office having a nice chat over tea and biscuits. 

22 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I believe that there are mitigating circumstances for why Jack Ross left Hearts in the first place! Highly unlikely he would be considered for any vacant position at Hearts. 

Wouldn't want him anywhere near the club.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Excellent post.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Indeed, but as the DoF at that time allegedly left for the same alleged reasons first time it was a bit hypocritical. 
Clearly not a problem down Leith way. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Masonic said:

just like i say every month or so since it happened we need a real owner and to disband foh when it happens

A real owner? 

Like someone who isn't made up? 

No Idle Talk
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Far be it from me to say what his job is but yes part of it is to find players for RN. He does everything that the DoF did before, but he’s not the managers boss, they both report to Budge in the office having a nice chat over tea and biscuits. 

Yeah that is how it would appear from reading the link davemclaren posted. So next time we are looking for a new manager it will be Ann Budge/the board who make that decision. That clears that up.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And juanma?. 

What mess of a reply.

So, Joe Savage has the job of helping with recruitment and what else? I understood the DoF role was to be in charge of all football matters but how does Savage duties vary from that? How can you have a director who appears to be on an equal level to a manager? Seems strange to me. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, GinRummy said:

So, Joe Savage has the job of helping with recruitment and what else? I understood the DoF role was to be in charge of all football matters but how does Savage duties vary from that? How can you have a director who appears to be on an equal level to a manager? Seems strange to me. 

Savage oot!