Budge Speaks

Sertse

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

If the levein debacle is any guide she’ll ‘bravely’ back  neilson irrespective of how much stick he’s getting from the fans and media but the second even a tiny proportion of that stick heads directly her way she’ll chuck neilson under the bus all while telling quite a lot of lies

textbook queen Ann

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Clubs too quick to react, did she not rightly sack Cathro after 6 months of awful football? Did she not move on from Stendel, rightly or wrongly that’s not the argument, after 3 months of football? Did she not give Levein too long, again probably over a year but not the argument, which has put us in this mess. But her wee pal Robbie gets three years too? She really doesn’t get that the fans always decide when a manager goes, if they want him to go he goes eventually. Her smugness might not be repeated when they try to sell season tickets in the near future, after last summers problems you couldn’t blame folk for not renewing especially if we are not all allowed into games. 

Pitch was a mudbath under Cathro - football was always going to be poor an that's before we saw the results. the new surface is much better - hopefully we can get a team worthy to play on it at some point. 

merseyjambo

I don’t know if AB says things that when she’s prepping them sound great in her head and then come out the wrong way, whether she is that naive or whether she shouldn’t go making public comments but to make the statement she has is going to backfire on her.

Almost guaranteeing RN 3 years is quite frankly absurd and damaging.

Will be interesting to see what sort of effect that this has on ST next season.

To those who will not hear a bad word against RN and who are putting up his previous record up as part of his defence, simple question. What is acceptable for you next season in terms of where we finish. You’re saying he’s a quality manager, so 3rd or 4th, mid table or in bottom 4 but avoiding relegation. 

38 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I don’t know if AB says things that when she’s prepping them sound great in her head and then come out the wrong way, whether she is that naive or whether she shouldn’t go making public comments but to make the statement she has is going to backfire on her.

Almost guaranteeing RN 3 years is quite frankly absurd and damaging.

Will be interesting to see what sort of effect that this has on ST next season.

To those who will not hear a bad word against RN and who are putting up his previous record up as part of his defence, simple question. What is acceptable for you next season in terms of where we finish. You’re saying he’s a quality manager, so 3rd or 4th, mid table or in bottom 4 but avoiding relegation. 

The overriding factor in ST sales will be whether or not we are allowed back in, I don’t think Neilson being the boss will matter too much if we are. If not then I think the impact will be greater.

With regards where we finish, I think it’s more complex than that. Fans want to be at the very least entertained, we can see progress even if results aren’t always wins. If we’re 3rd and playing out boring 1-0 wins fans will still moan especially if cup runs are short. Whereas if we’re 6th but bringing through exciting young talent and trying to win games with a positive style then perhaps fans will be more accepting. Problem is will Neilson his track record suggests we’ll get more of the 1-0 wins than an expansive style and fans don’t seem keen on that despite our league position. Ann Budge on the other hand will only look at league placings and back him all the way. I think regardless there’s another fan v budge clash on the horizon.

4 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

If the levein debacle is any guide she’ll ‘bravely’ back  neilson irrespective of how much stick he’s getting from the fans and media but the second even a tiny proportion of that stick heads directly her way she’ll chuck neilson under the bus all while telling quite a lot of lies

textbook queen Ann

Not so sure. She had a closeness to CL that couldn't be repeated with anyone else imo. Plus she kind of limited her options by giving him control over everything. She has now made it a lot easier for herself to replace the manager after appointing Mckinlay and Savage.

I get everyone is annoyed but this latest statement means nothing imo. Don't know why she felt she needed to speak. 

The Grim Reaper
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not so sure. She had a closeness to CL that couldn't be repeated with anyone else imo. Plus she kind of limited her options by giving him control over everything. She has now made it a lot easier for herself to replace the manager after appointing Mckinlay and Savage.

I get everyone is annoyed but this latest statement means nothing imo. Don't know why she felt she needed to speak. 

Maybe it’s directed at a few of the underperforming players also. 

Just now, The Grim Reaper said:

Maybe it’s directed at a few of the underperforming players also. 

Could be. She could just wander down to the Oriam and social distance shout at them.

If I'm honest her 'real fans' chat during the CL reign was enough for me. Unless something really drastic like league restructuring or something like that is going on I'm not overly interested in much she has to say. 

The Grim Reaper
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Could be. She could just wander down to the Oriam and social distance shout at them.

If I'm honest her 'real fans' chat during the CL reign was enough for me. Unless something really drastic like league restructuring or something like that is going on I'm not overly interested in much she has to say. 

It was unnecessary and essentially formal acknowledgement from the club that Robbie is under pressure. 

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Pitch was a mudbath under Cathro - football was always going to be poor an that's before we saw the results. the new surface is much better - hopefully we can get a team worthy to play on it at some point. 

:rofl:

So the real story is about a new COVID testing kit that could potentially be part of the pathway into getting fans back in grounds.  At the same time, the opportunity is taken by the reporter to ask about the manager.  Owner responds and that becomes the story.  Section of JKB responds by continuing to be furious, having been furious for quite some time.  

I don’t take much from her comments, as I stopped listening to her a good while ago (apart from the demotion stuff).  She has an absolutely abysmal record on the football management side and it’s just a continuing thing.  With Savage here I’d hope it may improve.

If Robbie fails next season he will be out. If he manages mid table he won’t. Wether we are entertained is another matter.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

The overriding factor in ST sales will be whether or not we are allowed back in, I don’t think Neilson being the boss will matter too much if we are. If not then I think the impact will be greater.

It’s for a different thread but you’re right. Unless it’s 100% capacity then I think a lot of people will hold off buying STs and just stick to the tele. 

Nookie Bear

And Robbie can set up the team to play how he likes, as long as it’s succesful. 

The problem with a slightly more pragmatic approach is that, if you stop winning games, you have nothing to fall back on to defend your position, as happened to Csaba. 

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

That team that taken 3 years to build and who had a decent section of thier fans wanting him gone early doors because celtic were pissing all over them. 

That team we beat twice last season but outwith hibs couldn't buy  a win. 

It's almost like it takes time to build something decent and ignoring a small, but noisey section of fans is the best thing to do. 

Stop comparing Hearts and Rangers. 

And why does your opinion have to match EXACTLY Torque’s, every time? 🤣

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Stop comparing Hearts and Rangers. 

And why does your opinion have to match EXACTLY Torque’s, every time? 🤣

Tbh what I posted wasn't much of an opinion, mostly facts. 

Gerrard has taken 3 years to build and mould his team. 

Some rangers fans wanted him gone  early, that never happened. 

Hearts fans acted the way I said regarding bedsheets, planes and the phoodle patter. 

Rangers fans didn't. 

Not much of an opinion Tbh. 

The opinion part is that it generally takes time to build a decent side and get improvement, you might disagree. 

Our opinions are probably similar as we stick close to the facts and don't diverge into emotional breakdown territory, the facts are what they are so if you stick even loosley to them the opinion or points will be the very similar no matter who says them. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

"With Hearts ’ turnover already down by more than £7million, Budge sees at least three years of belt-tightening ahead.

She said: “I don’t know if I can put a number on (the losses) but the previous year we had got our turnover up to around £15m and this year it will be half of that — and it’s going to be a loss."

There's your Robbie Neilson reason. The real one. We can't afford to sack him. We can't afford anymore "luxury" players either.  Get ready for 3 exciting seasons trying to get into the top 6, folks. 

I fully get the revenue comments from her, and she does comment, that it is unbelievable that no SPFL club has went under 

I just don’t understand why she has came out with all these comments now, and saying things like RN is safe. I would have thought she would be more interested in what happens from now, and for the next 3 years, rather than committing herself now. 

The statement was Unnecessary Imo

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The fact any Hearts manager deems Mk dons a better move and club should be a sackable offence within itself, if it had been a championship club then fair play 😂

Tbf though Rangers have improved every year under Gerrard. 

The small section and that's all it was, were angry he hadn't won silverware when he should of by now. 

And this shouldn't be their first title it should be number 2 they chucked it last season, Rangers and Gerrard know that. 

As far as improvement within style of play they have improved every season. 

Robbie improved us in his two full seasons and had us on track in the third. 

Robbie has us were we should be this season. 

Robbie in his time with us was improving us. 

Time will tell next season, I'm fairly relaxed he'll get us back in about were we should be next season. 

The Grim Reaper
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Time will tell next season, I'm fairly relaxed he'll get us back in about were we should be next season. 

You were fairly relaxed we'd be alright under Craig Levein as well. Another fact.

6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So because everyone else plays shit apart from Rangers, Celtic, and St Johnstone. 

That means we have to be the same 🤔

I never get that argument.

It is same with League Cup.

Cut The Crap
20 minutes ago, Barack said:

"With Hearts ’ turnover already down by more than £7million, Budge sees at least three years of belt-tightening ahead.

She said: “I don’t know if I can put a number on (the losses) but the previous year we had got our turnover up to around £15m and this year it will be half of that — and it’s going to be a loss."

There's your Robbie Neilson reason. The real one. We can't afford to sack him. We can't afford anymore "luxury" players either.  Get ready for 3 exciting seasons trying to get into the top 6, folks. 

Nine of the clubs currently in the Premiership have tighter belts than ours. It’s not a valid reason for us being so shit.

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Where should we be next season?

6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So because everyone else plays shit apart from Rangers, Celtic, and St Johnstone. 

That means we have to be the same 🤔

I never mentioned Celtic or St Johnstone but they've largely been shit too.

Circumstances are strange this season, there's no doubt in my mind that no crowds is having an effect on performance. You can say that the players should be professional enough to play the same whether a crowd is there or not but to me it's obvious that it makes a difference.

Cut The Crap
1 minute ago, Barack said:

I'm not saying that. We are and have been shit for a while.

The fiscal aspect is a factor however. And will be used as such.

It will, you’re right. It should be debunked whenever it is trotted out.

Hope Savage knows a few free cheap English or Irish players. Because that's where we'll be rooting about.

Findlay is a prime example. Hearts, or America? £or $? Bye, bye...!

With other teams in the top flight likely to be more skint than us, it could be a good time to poach some players off them. Weaken the opposition, strengthen ourselves and minimise the risk of them not being able to adapt to Scottish football. 

Cut The Crap

Hope Savage knows a few free cheap English or Irish players. Because that's where we'll be rooting about.

Findlay is a prime example. Hearts, or America? £or $? Bye, bye...!

Again, though, every other team outside Rangers and Celtic are shopping in the same market. There’s nothing to fear in relative terms if we’re competent in identifying players and coaching them into an effective unit. A lot of people seem to

consider that part as a bit of a lottery, but it’s not - or at least it needn’t be.

Just wait until Neilson becomes the sideshow and the anger is directed at Budge...(See Cathro LC v Dunfermline)

She'll soon forget her mythical 3 year plans!!!!!  

“Pub League”

”Part time League”

Tin pot League”

How many attempts did it take Hibs to get out?

How did Rangers get on when they were in this “Pub League” along side us?

6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

She'd probably put in another turkey if he was sacked so he may as well carry on. 😕

Another man from Craig's inner circle  I wouldn't be surprised if Liam Fox made a return because he is running the full op at Livingston according to some poster on here. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

With other teams in the top flight likely to be more skint than us, it could be a good time to poach some players off them. Weaken the opposition, strengthen ourselves and minimise the risk of them not being able to adapt to Scottish football. 

Neilson would still turn the best of them into jelly......Has he actually ever improved a player?

Why have Naismith and Haring regressed so much......Despite both apparently been over injuries?

3 minutes ago, jambo-rocker said:

I get a feeling a KB poll about whether she should stay or go would certainly be worth a look IMO.

Why? So you could see what 900 or so members of an online football forum said. Not all of which, are Hearts fans. 

4 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Neilson would still turn the best of them into jelly......Has he actually ever improved a player?

Why have Naismith and Haring regressed so much......Despite both apparently been over injuries?

The Haring situation I'd like some answers on. I'm not having the too defensive shite when we've got two players in our midfield doing too much defensive work. I also don't believe he can be being benched for one poor game. Would like the full story.

Naismith is a striker. **** knows why three managers can't undertand that. He's ineffective anywhere else and if he doesn't play up front he shouldn't play at all.

jambo-rocker
3 minutes ago, smiler said:

Why? So you could see what 900 or so members of an online football forum said. Not all of which, are Hearts fans. 

There's not exactly much else Hearts content I'd prefer to look at right now.😅

8 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

Ok she says he's staying, the least she can do is ask him if the football is going to get watchable and the players at least break into a sweat. It looks so much like a Levein situation is being allowed to happen again.

It does, doesn't it. 

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Where should we be next season?

Definitely top 6.

However,  I see no reason why we can't be close to Aberdeen and that hibs side currently 3rd, we'll all have similar budgets. 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

It will, you’re right. It should be debunked whenever it is trotted out.

It will only be "trotted out" if Robbie has us finishing below teams with a lesser spend. 

That hasn't happened yet under Robbie at Hearts. 

In fact, he had us above a team with a far higher spend in his previous spell. 

We are now at the stage where folk are arguing about stuff that hasn't even happened yet, some of it used to justify sacking Robbie now. 

Incredible stuff by some on here. 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

“Pub League”

”Part time League”

Tin pot League”

How many attempts did it take Hibs to get out?

How did Rangers get on when they were in this “Pub League” along side us?

And Utd, Dundee. 

Falkirk, Raith and Partick have also been relegated from this pub league. 

We shouldn't be here for a multitude of reasons but it's not a pub league, folk calling it that just make themselves look stupid, really stupid. 

Thankfully, we'll get back up 1st time. 

Next season is the challenge, but Robbie kens what's required - he's done it before. 

Folk can either back him, enjoy us winning games this season and look forward to next season or continue moaning and hope we fail so they can be proven right on a football forum. 

What a shite way to support a team. 

I’m not her biggest critic nor am her biggest fan but ones thing for sure......II don’t think any of what Ann Budge said yesterday did us any favours whatsoever.

She’s pretty much given RN a remit of winning the league and consolidating our place in the top division next season without putting any focus on the areas the fans have shown to have an issue with.....the application, performance and style of the team, the standard and value for money of our recruiting and the apparent lack of a focus on the path for youth players to first team football.

Also.....highlighting we will be tightening our belt for the next three seasons will already have agents ruling us out for their clients.

Scott980612
13 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hearts head coach role must be the safest job in football. So we can expect another 3 years of mediocrity and mind-numbing performances.  :(

This. 
Standards have slipped so low at this club.

1 minute ago, Scott980612 said:

This. 
Standards have slipped so low at this club.

League position suggests otherwise.

32 minutes ago, Barack said:

The attraction of GMS signing, (& who is showing flashes as he gets back up to speed) gives me some hope of recruiting a certain calibre.

I'm just so cynical now of the entire Hearts set-up, and their ability to do a job competently and competitively. And I ****ing hate being that way. But that's what it's become. 

I completely understand. 

13 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hearts head coach role must be the safest job in football. So we can expect another 3 years of mediocrity and mind-numbing performances.  :(

I’m pretty sure we are on our 4th in 5 years.........

Cut The Crap
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It will only be "trotted out" if Robbie has us finishing below teams with a lesser spend. 

That hasn't happened yet under Robbie at Hearts. 

In fact, he had us above a team with a far higher spend in his previous spell. 

We are now at the stage where folk are arguing about stuff that hasn't even happened yet, some of it used to justify sacking Robbie now. 

Incredible stuff by some on here. 

This thread isn't about Robbie. It's about Budge.

17 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Basically Robbie, the team can perform as shite as you like and you don't need to worry about it. 3 years worth of wages coming your way no matter what. 

Even if he was sacked he would still need his contract paid in full. 

I'm as fed up as anyone with the dire performances of late. However sacking the manager at the moment would be a huge risk imo. 

29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Definitely top 6.

However,  I see no reason why we can't be close to Aberdeen and that hibs side currently 3rd, we'll all have similar budgets. 

Similar budgets count for nowt. Our current position proves otherwise. 

13 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

This thread isn't about Robbie. It's about Budge.

A ken, Tosh de-railing another thread. Should be worthy of a permanent ban, imo, ofc, tbh