• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smith's right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• ToqueJambo

34 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I recall him discussing playing 3 at the back during his first spell as manager....he appeared to favour it but don’t recall him playing it too much.

Yeah that’s what I was getting at, he seemed to want to play it but either didn’t have the players or confidence to do it. 

I think Robbie needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat next season because a lot of fans (myself included) want him gone. If he wants to win over those he’s lost this season he needs to be bold. Caution isn’t going win hearts and minds. 

If 3 at the back is how he ideally would like his team to play then he should back himself, his coaching team and his players to carry that out. 

It can be adapted to a hyper defensive 541 too if needed and a more open 343/ 352. So there is flexibility there if he wants it. 

Formations don’t make or break teams, tactics and individual moments do that, but I don’t believe Robbies got over what he wanted this season. I think he needs to go all out next season to win back the ground lost this season. Playing the formation he wants is a good starting point. 

Eye bleeding football is a myth? lol

Ruckin norra

Bleedin hell

Deary me

We have far too many fans that know as much about football as Ann Budge does. 

Money is money i suppose. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

As long as we continue in the same vein as we did vs Raith I'll be happy. If we revert to the boring slow shite we watched for the majority of the season then he'll have to go. As I said before, we don't have much say in the matter now so may as well get behind the team for the upcoming season.

Edited by Arthur Morgan
The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I expect most supporters of football clubs feel ignored and taken for granted by owners. You only get a manager sacked usually when the support turn on the owner/board before, during & after games. I’d like to think that when an owner knows that 90% plus of its support want a manager sacked, like Neilson at Hearts, the owner would think the managers job was untenable. When the lifeblood of a football team are ignored after a season of watching a team that goes out of cups to Alloa & Brora and plays a brand of football in a lower league that is eye bleeding to watch and lacks a manager capable of training, coaching and managing Hearts to a competent level then my answer is yes I feel disrespected. I bet I am one of many thousands that feel this way.

:spoton:

Smith's right boot
9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I expect most supporters of football clubs feel ignored and taken for granted by owners. You only get a manager sacked usually when the support turn on the owner/board before, during & after games. I’d like to think that when an owner knows that 90% plus of its support want a manager sacked, like Neilson at Hearts, the owner would think the managers job was untenable. When the lifeblood of a football team are ignored after a season of watching a team that goes out of cups to Alloa & Brora and plays a brand of football in a lower league that is eye bleeding to watch and lacks a manager capable of training, coaching and managing Hearts to a competent level then my answer is yes I feel disrespected. I bet I am one of many thousands that feel this way.

Nah I'm happy we have a strong leader and not one that gives into mob rule and threats. 

Also glad we have one that is emotionally stable as well as financially stable. 

In regards to the football, Neilson could have very well been sacked but given the fact he got promoted easily and based on his league mgt record with us I will give him a chance in the top flight. 

The football we played was better than anyone else I seen in the league and having watched aberdeen and hibs, imo the football we play  was not much different, if at all. 

You’ve obviously seen teams in Scotland that are playing a brand of football I have not. 

I also bet you are in a tiny minority of adults that feel "disrespected" by a football club. 

Robert must realise he's in the last chance saloon as far as his job is concerned, and with fans back he won't get away with dismissing anger as 'outside noise' when that noise is in the stadium calling for him to be sacked.

So he may as well go down swinging by trying to play in a more positive fashion rather than carry on in the same vein and get hounded out anyway whilst sitting around 8th in the league.

That's the hope I'll be cling to over the summer.

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

Robert must realise he's in the last chance saloon as far as his job is concerned, and with fans back he won't get away with dismissing anger as 'outside noise' when that noise is in the stadium calling for him to be sacked.

So he may as well go down swinging by trying to play in a more positive fashion rather than carry on in the same vein and get hounded out anyway whilst sitting around 8th in the league.

My only wish is that he separates the external noise into media only and states it’s not the people who put good money into the club. Being vague only gets the back up of those same people. 
If it is those he’s on about, change the sound bite to internal noise because there’s nothing more intrinsic than the support.

48 minutes ago, Boab said:

My only wish is that he separates the external noise into media only and states it’s not the people who put good money into the club. Being vague only gets the back up of those same people. 
If it is those he’s on about, change the sound bite to internal noise because there’s nothing more intrinsic than the support.

Correct. Is it stupidity, defiance or

deliberate? 

He should be big enough to say, “the supporters”.  I’d have thought trying to get as many onside should 

be the motive? At least recognise a section of the support are not happy and address them as such.  

Can’t imagine many of our previous  upstanding managers dismissing fans as “external noise”. 

Is that the same mob rule and threats that were threatened by the trackies wearing mob at all the super league demos.(people trying their best to protect their clubs culture) crazy thing though,it seems to have worked.

11 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Is that the same mob rule and threats that were threatened by the trackies wearing mob at all the super league demos.(people trying their best to protect their clubs culture) crazy thing though,it seems to have worked.

The problem you have with this forum Kev is it is largely inhabited by 45+ year old men. I include myself in that. They forget what it's like to be young and passionate enough to protest. The tracky thing is just snobbery from guys in comfortable shoes, Farah trousers and m&s lambswool jumpers who generally just wear whatever their wife buys them for birthday/xmas.

16 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

A mob is only crazy if you don't gree with their motives.

Were the mob who protested vocally against Pieman crazy?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The problem you have with this forum Kev is it is largely inhabited by 45+ year old men. I include myself in that. They forget what it's like to be young and passionate enough to protest. The tracky thing is just snobbery from guys in comfortable shoes, Farah trousers and m&s lambswool jumpers who generally just wear whatever their wife buys them for birthday/xmas.

How dare you! I am more than comfortable in pruchasing my own m&s jumpers!

Not a penny more from me until Neilson is gone.  If he is allowed to remain and make signings, we're sleepwalking into another disaster, a poisonous atmosphere at Tynie, and eye bleeding performances until he is inevitably binned.

Hopefully 10th place is achievable......

3 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Gin.youre bang on the money son.itgets me big time though that the daftie jump from one thread to another solely to wind people up knowing  what has gone on.

We are an absolute shambles. Neilson is a part of that, not a solution. Nothing is going to change any time soon though.

Smith's right boot
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Still not getting this anger thing. 

For one, most fans will get behind the team, even as we dropped under CL at Tynecastle the home crowd were still on side. 

The most rabid oot gang- the ones that never wanted him here and have been banging on since day 1 have either admitted they no longer have a ST or won't be renewing until Ann and/ or Robbie leaves so they won't be at the games. 

Some are Likley also banned. 

Most will get behind the team and manager and hopefully roar them on to success while keeping most of the hate and bike for the opposition, not their own. 

Ofc, phoodle, bed sheet plane hiring types will be the exception. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Most will get behind the team and manager and hopefully roar them on to success while keeping most of the hate and bike for the opposition, not their own. 

:wattie:

Roar us on to what?a top six position.brilliant.the bed sheet mob will undoutably still follow the team on a Nov night in hamilton with the hope that we might sneak a Point.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah I'm happy we have a strong leader and not one that gives into mob rule and threats. 

Also glad we have one that is emotionally stable as well as financially stable. 

In regards to the football, Neilson could have very well been sacked but given the fact he got promoted easily and based on his league mgt record with us I will give him a chance in the top flight. 

The football we played was better than anyone else I seen in the league and having watched aberdeen and hibs, imo the football we play  was not much different, if at all. 

You’ve obviously seen teams in Scotland that are playing a brand of football I have not. 

I also bet you are in a tiny minority of adults that feel "disrespected" by a football club. 

You basically come on this thread to repeat the exact same shit every day.. We already know your opinion.. Why do you feel the need to give it over and over again. 

Other posters give different viewpoints of their reasons not to like Neilson but you just love to give the same shit reasons for your opinion. 

Maybe head to different threads and talk on there instead of spending so much time defending a man who has so far under his name, Hearts worst ever European result and Hearts worst ever domestic cup result. If clinging onto championship wins are your idea to even the score up then it's not a challenge for the old firm to win the Scottish league just as it's not a challenge for Hearts to win in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Roar us on to what?a top six position.brilliant.the bed sheet mob will undoutably still follow the team on a Nov night in hamilton with the hope that we might sneak a Point.

Of course they will. 
When you’re standing at Parkhead of an evening with 3 or 400 others, the denigration of supporters from Kickback means jack shit.

Malinga the Swinga
25 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Not a penny more from me until Neilson is gone.  If he is allowed to remain and make signings, we're sleepwalking into another disaster, a poisonous atmosphere at Tynie, and eye bleeding performances until he is inevitably binned.

Hopefully 10th place is achievable......

Bye then. Hopefully you'll change your mind next season but if not, your negativity and poisonous atmosphere won't be missed. 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Bye then. Hopefully you'll change your mind next season but if not, your negativity and poisonous atmosphere won't be missed. 

Just stating fact, or did you miss the last time Neilson was in charge? I'm in the 45+ mob by the way so I don't do poison or trackies.

He'd already be gone if fans were allowed this season.

Smith's right boot
14 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

You basically come on this thread to repeat the exact same shit every day.. We already know your opinion.. Why do you feel the need to give it over and over again. 

Other posters give different viewpoints of their reasons not to like Neilson but you just love to give the same shit reasons for your opinion. 

Maybe head to different threads and talk on there instead of spending so much time defending a man who has so far under his name, Hearts worst ever European result and Hearts worst ever domestic cup result. If clinging onto championship wins are your idea to even the score up then it's not a challenge for the old firm to win the Scottish league just as it's not a challenge for Hearts to win in the Championship.

If you don't want to read my opinion, put me in ignore, if you don't want to hear opinions on Neilson then **** off out of this thread ( topic  title is the clue). 

Unlike some, I am on other threads but generally keep to the topic and not banging on about Neilson oot and why we are shite, like many on here repeat.

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Still not getting this anger thing. 

For one, most fans will get behind the team, even as we dropped under CL at Tynecastle the home crowd were still on side. 

The most rabid oot gang- the ones that never wanted him here and have been banging on since day 1 have either admitted they no longer have a ST or won't be renewing until Ann and/ or Robbie leaves so they won't be at the games. 

Some are Likley also banned. 

Ofc, phoodle, bed sheet plane hiring types will be the exception. 

I think even your good self was angry enough after the Brora result to call for his sacking, so surely you can understand the level of anger.

The vast majority of fans who wanted him gone will start the new season supporting the team and hoping for the best, but in my opinion he will enjoy less leeway for poor results than any previous manager, partly because of his own record all the way back to Birkirkara, and partly because of the club's years of underperformance

But even with a 'par for the course season' Bob won't earn back a normal level of goodwill.

Smith's right boot
2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I think even your good self was angry enough after the Brora result to call for his sacking, so surely you can understand the level of anger.

The vast majority of fans who wanted him gone will start the new season supporting the team and hoping for the best, but in my opinion he will enjoy less leeway for poor results than any previous manager, partly because of his own record all the way back to Birkirkara, and partly because of the club's years of underperformance

But even with a 'par for the course season' Bob won't earn back a normal level of goodwill.

I've said several times if he's sacked he's sacked and I'll support the next guy. 

If he stays, I'll support him and not get angry and depressed about everything from statements about the top 6 to signing a back up keeper. 

38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you don't want to read my opinion, put me in ignore, if you don't want to hear opinions on Neilson then **** off out of this thread ( topic  title is the clue). 

Unlike some, I am on other threads but generally keep to the topic and not banging on about Neilson oot and why we are shite, like many on here repeat.

The thread title is Neilson out, Tosh !

32 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

The club’s underperformance, when Robbie left for MK, can’t be laid at his door. That’s not an invitation to look to where that blame lies btw !

Let’s not go there on this thread.

11 minutes ago, Boab said:

The club’s underperformance, when Robbie left for MK, can’t be laid at his door. That’s not an invitation to look to where that blame lies btw !

Let’s not go there on this thread.

I'm not saying that can be laid at Bob's door, but it's the cumulative effects of the Cathro/Levein/Stendel/Neilson underperformance that bring us to where we are now.

Niemi’s gloves
19 minutes ago, Boab said:

So nobody is allowed to challenge the basic premise let alone the unsupported assertions, half truths and inconsistencies? Maybe it should be renamed the “Neilson out on-line mutual masturbation society”. 

46 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I've said several times if he's sacked he's sacked and I'll support the next guy. 

If he stays, I'll support him and not get angry and depressed about everything from statements about the top 6 to signing a back up keeper. 

That's not all you've said though.

The thing about the internet is it never forgets.

:greggy:

Screenshot_20210505-125310~2.png

Just now, fancy a brew said:

I'm not saying that can be laid at Bob's door, but it's the cumulative effects of the Cathro/Levein/Stendel/Neilson underperformance that bring us to where we are now.

I hear you, mate, but what happened after he left was an experiment that went wrong and then a missed chance to get an outside guy in to push us upwards.

Football wasn’t great when we came up but we’ll never know where we would have finished had Robbie stayed.

I can understand that his supporters on here want to see how he will fare but, you’re right, people will look at the last five years as a missed chance to cement our intentions.

28 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

So nobody is allowed to challenge the basic premise let alone the unsupported assertions, half truths and inconsistencies? Maybe it should be renamed the “Neilson out on-line mutual masturbation society”. 

Of course they can.

Re-reading Tosh’s post, I think I picked up his post wrong, thinking it was this thread he was on about.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You said he should be sacked for the Brora result FFS.:rofl:

Stop with the revisionism. 600 posts of absolute dross, like a feckin parrot, the same old, same old. 

You are obsessed with this thread. 

Smith's right boot
2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

That's not all you've said though.

The thing about the internet is it never forgets.

:greggy:

Screenshot_20210505-125310~2.png

Yip, and if he's sacked for that then fair enough. 

If he's not tho, I'll move forward and back him. 

He's not as yet, so I'm backing him and Hearts next season. 

I've said several times he could have been sacked for that result. 

No point in slagging every decision he makes  going forward and being scared of next season because he could / should have been sacked for that result. 

Smith's right boot
3 hours ago, Boab said:

I did try and start a "Bob in" thread, mods merged it with this. 

👍

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Overwhelming news.

5-5-0, 4-6-0, 4-5-1, 5-3-2. It’s not really a surprise as he played a lot of formations last season, especially in the last 30 minutes when we were desperately looking for a goal or shutting up

shop. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, and if he's sacked for that then fair enough. 

If he's not tho, I'll move forward and back him. 

He's not as yet, so I'm backing him and Hearts next season. 

I've said several times he could have been sacked for that result. 

No point in slagging every decision he makes  going forward and being scared of next season because he could / should have been sacked for that result. 

You say you don't understand the anger at Neilson, when you were angry enough to say he should be sacked.

You slag off the 'oot brigade' when it turns out you were a founding member.

You accuse others of kneejerk reactions when it turns out your knees were jerking like the clappers.

And rather than admit you are actually guilty of the accusations that you throw around like confetti, you hide behind "yip he could have been sacked" when you quite clearly said he "should have been sacked".

When you've dug yourself a hole, best to stop digging.

Just in case anyone else wants to quote your 'Neilson oot' post back at you in the future, it's on page 130 of this thread.

5 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

You say you don't understand the anger at Neilson, when you were angry enough to say he should be sacked.

You accuse others of kneejerk reactions when it turns out your knees were jerking like the clappers.

And rather than admit you are actually guilty of the accusations that you throw around like confetti, you hide behind "yip he could have been sacked" when you quite clearly said he "should have been sacked".

Just in case anyone else wants to quote your 'Neilson oot' post back at you in the future, it's on page 130 of this thread.

BA955006-5B4C-41F2-A70C-13759B8A94C7.gif

Smith's right boot
25 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I wasn't wanting him sacked because I was angry. 

I wasn't a founding member of anything. 

This thread was started in November. 

Knee jerk? Even now I can see why he'd be sacked for the Brora result. 

Although, I agree "should" is a little knee jerk straight after a match. 

Guilty.... A bit dramatic. 

Accusations, it's not accusations, folk call him names and call other posters petty names for being positive about him. 

I've said several times I would understand if he was sacked, the difference being I'll back him while he's Hearts manager and won't slag him at every opportunity. 

Hopefully this clarifies a few things and saves you scouring previous pages and anyalsing every single  post I make.

Ofc, if you think I'm in the "Robbie oot" Brigade then fair enough 

I'd say I'm more Robbie in myself and Get behind him. 

Edited by Smith's right boot
22 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

That must be one of the worst suits my eyes have had the misfortune to see.

The suit is a probable sacking offence in itself tbf. 🥺

1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

That must be one of the worst suits my eyes have had the misfortune to see.

I’d wear that when im in shape but im a damn lot broader and bigger than Neilson. Not sure it suits a slim wee person. 

On another note wheres that poster not seen him since he was threatening the world about Big Dunc and his auld man

17 minutes ago, sadj said:

I’d wear that when im in shape but im a damn lot broader and bigger than Neilson. Not sure it suits a slim wee person. 

On another note wheres that poster not seen him since he was threatening the world about Big Dunc and his auld man

Dear me. Any suit with a check through it is absolutely howlin.