Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

6 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Playing style is boring at times, I am not denying that. I'm much more of a results kinda guy though and yes he's had a few horrendous ones that probably warrant the sack but no need to try repaint history by trying to insinuate he had us anywhere near the bottom of the league when he was in charge.

Agree. Only twice in a lot of seasons have we been near/or bottom. Admin season and the one before last. Robbie had nothing to do with either.

If it’s style of football people are using, well, who wants to start that long list ?

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

ScottieMac17
13 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Might have said this on the thread already, can't remember. 

I would have happily seen him away after the Brora result. But at the end of the day, the bulk of that squad has played under Levein, MacPhee, Stendal and Neilson and they showed the exact same inconsistency and lack of ambition under every single one of them. I don't think it mattered who we had in that dugout, there would have been embarrassing results one way or another because a large number of the CL era players are still happy taking a loss to Brora and Alloa and collecting their wage regardless. You can't work with a team fill of players with that mindset. You get shot of them as and when you can and bring in hungry players to replace them. 

I'm not pretending RN is a great manager but honestly.. I didn't expect much better from a team of players looking to retire soon or knowing they won't play for a better club. 

RN is bringing in some decent players and a competitive team seems to be taking shape. Honestly, there should still be a minimum of another 10+ players to go as their contracts expire and probably a few need shifted before then (Damour) but their is at least a hunger in some of them now. Which was evident in the last few games of the season!  

He has signed some decent players in Kingsley, Gino, Halliday, GMS, McEneff, Nando and Logan when he was required. He has also identified the need to get Halkett replaced and give some competition/depth to the RB position. There are players in the squad that just aren't up to the task and most were signed by CL. He has got us back up and so far, i have seen the bulk of the players he has brought in for the long term are better than the dross that we are getting rid of hopefully. I think much to peoples anger, we might have him for a couple seasons still. 

Also worth noting that the majority of fans will quickly forget the Brora result with a strong start to next season. If we have a good start, he's here for another year. If we don't, he could be gone by October. He's not a great manager but after we haven't had anyone better since he left. So I think the majority of fans (rightly or wrongly) will have him as long as we're working our way back to the the top end of the Prem. 

THIS!!! 

Hashimoto

"Also worth noting that the majority of fans will quickly forget the Brora result with a strong start to next season".

You were doing quite well until this point bobby bombscare.......Neilson's future will not be determined or undermined by the worst result in the history of Hearts, however it will always be associated with him!...Something the majority will never forget. 

Neilson had better hope that the fixture list is kind to him because the fans ain't in any mood to be understanding nor forgiving.
The point is that it would have been better all round if he just left now rather than delay the inevitable.

The relationship between Neilson and the support is well and truly broken. No matter how well you try to repair the break it will always remain broken, or at best flawed...In effect damaged goods!

ford donald
14 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

"Also worth noting that the majority of fans will quickly forget the Brora result with a strong start to next season".

You were doing quite well until this point bobby bombscare.......Neilson's future will not be determined or undermined by the worst result in the history of Hearts, however it will always be associated with him!...Something the majority will never forget. 

Neilson had better hope that the fixture list is kind to him because the fans ain't in any mood to be understanding nor forgiving.
The point is that it would have been better all round if he just left now rather than delay the inevitable.

The relationship between Neilson and the support is well and truly broken. No matter how well you try to repair the break it will always remain broken, or at best flawed...In effect damaged goods!

As is Doncaster's, Nelson will be under pressure from the start of the new season,he better get it right and Budge as well.

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, no point her making even more poor decisions that literally cost us our money. 

I think this is sadly the point we’re at. 

My biggest issue is, who replaces her? We’ll need a chair and IMO it would be good if that chair is more answerable to the fans, as opposed to making unilateral decisions at odds with the fans wishes. 

Someone needs to come forward for there to be a decision to make. 

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Playing style is boring at times, I am not denying that. I'm much more of a results kinda guy though and yes he's had a few horrendous ones that probably warrant the sack but no need to try repaint history by trying to insinuate he had us anywhere near the bottom of the league when he was in charge.

I mentioned on another thread that there is a tendency to confuse "eye bleeding" with "ineffective", or perhaps even "tame, considering the opposition"

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, siegementality said:

In fairness I’ve become numb to him repeating himself. 95% of the time I only make it to the third line of his posts. It would be 100% of the time but sometimes his posts are three or less lines, and still bollocks.

😆, I’ve got him on ignore but people still converse with him and his posts still pop up. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I think this is sadly the point we’re at. 

My biggest issue is, who replaces her? We’ll need a chair and IMO it would be good if that chair is more answerable to the fans, as opposed to making unilateral decisions at odds with the fans wishes. 

Someone needs to come forward for there to be a decision to make. 

Yeah I think we need a bit of a ruthless business person to do the job, there’s loads of them kicking around but will need a decent wage. James Anderson should know someone. It’s a PT job really. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Spot on. I bumped into an Aberdeen fan then a Hibby the other day and both mentioned Brora, I don’t think anyone is forgetting or no matter what happens next season. 

Jim Panzee
16 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Might have said this on the thread already, can't remember. 

I would have happily seen him away after the Brora result. But at the end of the day, the bulk of that squad has played under Levein, MacPhee, Stendal and Neilson and they showed the exact same inconsistency and lack of ambition under every single one of them. I don't think it mattered who we had in that dugout, there would have been embarrassing results one way or another because a large number of the CL era players are still happy taking a loss to Brora and Alloa and collecting their wage regardless. You can't work with a team fill of players with that mindset. You get shot of them as and when you can and bring in hungry players to replace them. 

I'm not pretending RN is a great manager but honestly.. I didn't expect much better from a team of players looking to retire soon or knowing they won't play for a better club. 

RN is bringing in some decent players and a competitive team seems to be taking shape. Honestly, there should still be a minimum of another 10+ players to go as their contracts expire and probably a few need shifted before then (Damour) but their is at least a hunger in some of them now. Which was evident in the last few games of the season!  

He has signed some decent players in Kingsley, Gino, Halliday, GMS, McEneff, Nando and Logan when he was required. He has also identified the need to get Halkett replaced and give some competition/depth to the RB position. There are players in the squad that just aren't up to the task and most were signed by CL. He has got us back up and so far, i have seen the bulk of the players he has brought in for the long term are better than the dross that we are getting rid of hopefully. I think much to peoples anger, we might have him for a couple seasons still. 

Also worth noting that the majority of fans will quickly forget the Brora result with a strong start to next season. If we have a good start, he's here for another year. If we don't, he could be gone by October. He's not a great manager but after we haven't had anyone better since he left. So I think the majority of fans (rightly or wrongly) will have him as long as we're working our way back to the the top end of the Prem. 

pretty much where I'm at.

apart from the Brora viewpoint. that will not go away for at least a generation I think.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on. I bumped into an Aberdeen fan then a Hibby the other day and both mentioned Brora, I don’t think anyone is forgetting or no matter what happens next season. 

As far as I’m concerned the Brora disaster always hits me hardest when I see Neilson on the telly or in the papers talking about Hearts. Just wait till our supporters are allowed into the grounds Neilson will hear and see what we think about him.

Yes Ann’s Blue Eye’d Boy will get a welcome back to the new season he deserves. Take note the couple of Neilson fans on JKB Ann Budge is guilty of owner incompetence employing Levein, Cathro and Neilson Twice. The sooner we get a person representing what our supporters want/need the better. Now who is going to be central to appointing the person who will take over the job of picking a future management team of Hearts ? Yes Ann Budge ! The nightmare continues.............

Edited by mitch41

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

As far as I’m concerned the Brora disaster always hits me hardest when I see Neilson on the telly or in the papers talking about Hearts. Just wait till our supporters are allowed into the grounds Neilson will hear and see what we think about him.

Yes Ann’s Blue Eye’d Boy will get a welcome back to the new season he deserves. Take note the couple of Neilson fans on JKB Ann Budge is guilty of owner incompetence employing Levein, Cathro and Neilson Twice. The sooner we get a person representing what our supporters want/need the better. Now who is going to be central to appointing the person who will take over the job of picking a future management team of our team ? Yes Ann Budge ! The nightmare continues.............

Spot on, I can barely listen to or read what he’s saying these days. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Yes Ann’s Blue Eye’d Boy will get a welcome back to the new season he deserves. Take note the couple of Neilson fans on JKB Ann Budge is guilty of owner incompetence employing Levein, Cathro and Neilson Twice. The sooner we get a person representing what our supporters want/need the better. Now who is going to be central to appointing the person who will take over the job of picking a future management team of Hearts ? Yes Ann Budge ! The nightmare continues.............

How did you cope when we lost 6-2 to Hibs under JJ, a much worse and much more embarrassing result? Could you watch him on TV?

There's literally nothing worse than getting humped by your local rivals. FFS, most HIbs fans still go on about another humping we got off them they weren't even alive to see. (Luckily we still have the king of derby results that tops the lot.)

CloustonHMFC
8 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I mentioned on another thread that there is a tendency to confuse "eye bleeding" with "ineffective", or perhaps even "tame, considering the opposition"

I seriously don't understand where our fans get the impressions we are a side who's always played good, exciting football. In my time following Hearts I can recall 2 seasons where we played consistently good football. 05/06 and 14/15. Outside of that the football has been 'effective' but hardly setting the heather alight.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How did you cope when we lost 6-2 to Hibs under JJ, a much worse and much more embarrassing result? Could you watch him on TV?

There's literally nothing worse than getting humped by your local rivals. FFS, most HIbs fans still go on about another humping we got off them they weren't even alive to see. (Luckily we still have the king of derby results that tops the lot.)

Still trying to sweep it under the carpet? 😂

the vast majority of hearts fans correctly recognise it as the most embarrassing result in the history of the club. It was the biggest cup upset of all time and achieved in a season where we also got emptied from the league cup by Alloa. Absolutely chronic

You can argue to the contrary as much as you want but it won’t make anyone change their minds. 

siegementality
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What utter crap. We have 100’s in the bank against Hibs. I’ve never had a Hibee mention the 6-2 or 7-0 games to me since the 5-1 cup final. They know that result tops every other result, including all the 4-0 we handed them. We’ve handed Hibs their arse on a plate so many times there no fecking plates left. To come out with the shite you have completely shows you up for the utter apologist that you are!

Now, Brora Rangers. What’s our record against them again.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I seriously don't understand where our fans get the impressions we are a side who's always played good, exciting football. In my time following Hearts I can recall 2 seasons where we played consistently good football. 05/06 and 14/15. Outside of that the football has been 'effective' but hardly setting the heather alight.

the spell under JJ was pretty decent I’d say

CloustonHMFC
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the spell under JJ was pretty decent I’d say

What one?

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We’ve thumped Hibs more times than they’ve beat us. Plus 2 Scottish Cup Finals and 22 games in a row unbeaten but getting put out of the Scottish Cup by a non League Team Brora that must be the worst ever. It must be the worst.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

What one?

the 2nd one

Kevin Kyle, Skacel and Temps one

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We’ve thumped Hibs more times than they’ve beat us. Plus 2 Scottish Cup Finals and 22 games in a row unbeaten but getting put out of the Scottish Cup by a non League Team Brora that must be the worst ever. It must be the worst.

it is the worst it isn’t even up for debate . Everyone agrees other than Toque, Robbie Neilson and Ann Budge😂

Even SRB said it was a sackable offence. 

Guest ToqueJambo
39 minutes ago, siegementality said:

What utter crap. We have 100’s in the bank against Hibs. I’ve never had a Hibee mention the 6-2 or 7-0 games to me since the 5-1 cup final. They know that result tops every other result, including all the 4-0 we handed them. We’ve handed Hibs their arse on a plate so many times there no fecking plates left. To come out with the shite you have completely shows you up for the utter apologist that you are!

That wasn't my point though was it?

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it is the worst it isn’t even up for debate . Everyone agrees other than Toque, Robbie Neilson and Ann Budge😂

Even SRB said it was a sackable offence. 

Losing to Brora anytime, but especially in a crazy weird season like this, is not worse than getting gubbed 6-2 or 7-0 by your local rivals. It's really not.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I guarantee that if we lose by 4-7 goals to Hibs next season, especially at home, no-one will ever talk about Brora again.

53 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think a man who’d improved us notably, took us to 2, 4th place finishes, 2, 3rd place finishes (one being a proper league challenge) and won a trophy, will still come unstuck sometimes. That’s the unpredictability of football.

Not a great fixture to have that result in but it happened.  

But it’s a pathetic attempt to besmirch a man who provided a team in the 90s Neilson could only dream of developing in the same vein.  

His derby record was decent. Over 2 spells; 11-4 in wins.  Left undefeated against them in 5 derbies before his sacking. 

14 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Early start tonight Toque. 

Isn’t Toque an Angel who sees nothing wrong in our current Hearts manager in the sense that the Brora defeat wasn’t as bad as Hibs beating us 6-2. That 2-1 defeat to Brora will go down as the most humiliating loss in a competitive game that Hearts have ever, ever played in. Toque the devil of tease, a real wind-up merchant........He Must Be.

Edited by mitch41

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I guarantee that if we lose by 4-7 goals to Hibs next season, especially at home, no-one will ever talk about Brora again.

You hope.

Rocky jamboa
31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Losing to Brora anytime, but especially in a crazy weird season like this, is not worse than getting gubbed 6-2 or 7-0 by your local rivals. It's really not.

Garbage. I can't see us ever having a worse result than getting beat off non league Brora. And yes, far worse than getting beat 6-2 and 7-0 off the hobos. At least they are a league team!

Riccarton3
1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

Garbage. I can't see us ever having a worse result than getting beat off non league Brora. And yes, far worse than getting beat 6-2 and 7-0 off the hobos. At least they are a league team!

But 'luckily' we have 5-1.

Hibs were inspired by the guy that didn't like crystal and Latapy.

Brora were inspired by a postie and bin man, no disrespect.

NANOJAMBO
3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

This, but TJ will argue otherwise because to acknowledge it as such would mean admitting Neilson has been a disaster - and he'll never do anything that leads him down that path. 

44 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This, but TJ will argue otherwise because to acknowledge it as such would mean admitting Neilson has been a disaster - and he'll never do anything that leads him down that path. 

Wait until next season. 😁

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

😆, I’ve got him on ignore but people still converse with him and his posts still pop up. 

Me too, but he’s so prolific with his posts and, as you say, people still reply to him.

The guy lives his life on here perpetually posting absolute shite

siegementality
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

That wasn't my point though was it?

Your point, do you really have one?!  

It would appear your only point in even being on this forum is to try to deflect, by whatever means, any criticism of one of the most unpopular Hearts managers there has been in my lifetime.

The mental thing is all you actually do is entrench people in their negative opinions due to your complete lack of reality. If your aim is to change opinion then you are hopeless at it. I’m actually embarrassed for you with some of the shite you come out with.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I’m afraid mentioning this crazy weird season, as you call it, will backfire on you, mate.

It was because of the pandemic that Brora hadn’t played a game for two months... and still turned up and beat us !

It is worse, mate, it really is !

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Me too, but he’s so prolific with his posts and, as you say, people still reply to him.

The guy lives his life on here perpetually posting absolute shite

He seems to have tag teamed out the ring tonight 🙈

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No you can repeat it as much as you want but you’re wrong 👍🏻

Edited by kingantti1874

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, siegementality said:

:spoton:

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, Boab said:

I’m afraid mentioning this crazy weird season, as you call it, will backfire on you, mate.

It was because of the pandemic that Brora hadn’t played a game for two months... and still turned up and beat us !

It is worse, mate, it really is !

Maybe craziness and weirdness of the season only applied to Hearts though? Or does it only apply to those making excuses for diabolical results?

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It bloody well is!

You know this to be true, deep down you know it.

Even losing 6-2 to the Vermin is not as bad as that Brora result.

As for the 0-7?  It was just a New Year, hangover, blip.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

It bloody well is!

Blip? :berra:

Niemi’s gloves

I see the pack mentality on this thread is in full swing again, rounding on anyone who dares to oppose the prevailing view on here.

PS For those who were actually around at the time, the 7-0 was much worse than Brora

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I see the pack mentality on this thread is in full swing again, rounding on anyone who dares to oppose the prevailing view on here.

PS For those who were actually around at the time, the 7-0 was much worse than Brora

It certainly was in Lasswade High. 🥺

26 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Yes that day was bad and thank god I went back to London and escaped the slagging from every non Hearts fan that Jambos met. But the 4-1 game at Tynie was fantastic at the start of the new season with Aird, Busby, Stevenson & Ford giving us some pride back.I know JS never scored but he was my man of the match.

Brora is not a team that should be on Hearts radar or planet for that matter and to get knocked out of a Scottish Cup by them should be instant dismissal for the owner and management of Heart of Midlothian FC. Now if you disagree with that I really feel sorry for you. Hearts supporters deserve better than that and it should never of been allowed to happen.

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

People challenge posters repeated attempt to sweep the most embarrassing result in the clubs history under the carpet as if it didn’t matter. 

I for one am shocked. 

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

People challenge posters repeated attempt to sweep the most embarrassing result in the clubs history under the carpet as if it didn’t matter. 

I for one am shocked. 

The result  mattered in the way that it was - 

Embarrassing. 

Knocked us out the cup. 

The former has happened a handful of times, the latter - lots of times. 

You can either get behind the team, have a bit positivity or continue to be " shocked". Neither will change what happened  or is  sweeping it under the carpet, it is simply moving forward. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The result  mattered in the way that it was - 

Embarrassing. 

Knocked us out the cup. 

The former has happened a handful of times, the latter - lots of times. 

You can either get behind the team, have a bit positivity or continue to be " shocked". Neither will change what happened  or is  sweeping it under the carpet, it is simply moving forward. 

We cannot and will not move forward under neilson and budge. Mediocrity at best.

Thats not good enough given the extra funds we give the club. We deserve better.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Morgan said:

It bloody well is!

Not convinced it's worse than getting beat 7-0 at home of hibs Tbh. 

For example, if it was ever a choice this season of getting beat of hibs 7-0 in the sf but we beat Brora, I'd take the reality of what happened every day of the week. Grim thought.

The Broro result is on par of when we got beat of Peterhead a few years ago, we were in the top flight and they were league 1.

Broro is still worse than that imo. 

Anyway, hibs aren't beating us 7-0 and Broro will be forgotten about when we win the cup again! 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We cannot and will not move forward under neilson and budge. Mediocrity at best.

Thats not good enough given the extra funds we give the club. We deserve better.

We have move forward tho-  just this season and we moved forward last time with him. 

The evidence suggests we will move forward and improve under him. 

7 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I can think for myself, thanks very much. 
Being bounced out the Big Cup by a Non League team, who hadn’t kicked a ball in two and a half months, is worse than 6-2 from Hibs.

I don’t need to join a pack to think this.

Des Lynam
23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We have move forward tho-  just this season and we moved forward last time with him. 

The evidence suggests we will move forward and improve under him. 

Stop going on about wanting Robbie out then and get behind the team.