Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

davemclaren

I would have been happy with him staying on from last season but it’s hard to see how he would get any/many games due to our style and performances. 

I doubt Joe is being tasked to find an Irving like player. His ship has sailed imo. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Who would you replace in the team to put him in

He would be a squad option which we will need, as playing more football next season. 

433 with a midfield of Irving, Beni, Devlin. 

21 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Irving getting into our current side :rofl: do we want to compete with the old firm next season or what? 

Challenge the old firm with Robbie in charge 🙄

He could maybe end up at Hibs and be given a massive price tag and some fabricated title about being the best young midfielder in the country or something

upgotheheads

I was a big fan of Irving but I don't think he would be a regular starter for us now and maybe not even a regular on the bench, however if he is available at the right price, and given that we know he has qualities, then he might be worth the risk.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He would be a squad option which we will need, as playing more football next season. 

433 with a midfield of Irving, Beni, Devlin. 

I hate to say this about a young Hearts supporter trying to make his way with his career but I think we will be aiming for better even as squad options

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Challenge the old firm with Robbie in charge 🙄

Who do you think could challenge the bad guys with our budget? And please don't say Stendl. 

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Who do you think could challenge the bad guys with our budget? And please don't say Stendl. 

Why not Stendel he has a better promotion to his name than Robbie does 😂 but seriously that's upto the board to decide mate. 

Wouldn't mind Kjetil Knutsen. 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I hate to say this about a young Hearts supporter trying to make his way with his career but I think we will be aiming for better even as squad options

Doesn't surprise me we don't have a lot of faith in our youth. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Doesn't surprise me we don't have a lot of faith in our youth. 

They have to be good enough though or at the very least they have to fit in to a system that is successful and I would have serious doubts whether Irving is or can do either

The Wrinkly Ninja

Why would Andy sign a contract with us now? He turned down our offer of a contract while a championship player because he didn’t  believe we were offering what he thought he was worth.

We can’t afford him.

A_A wehatethehibs

I’d sooner take Damour back. That’s the level. These guys were absolute pish for us. Good luck to Irving at Raith 

Bongo wants Hearts to be better and get closer to the OF yet also wants Andy Irving back………

Can someone order a straight jacket immediately please.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They have to be good enough though or at the very least they have to fit in to a system that is successful and I would have serious doubts whether Irving is or can do either

We took a chance of Beni we didn't know if he would be good enough after poor spells in English championship, I watched him in a behind closed doors friendly against hibs, he had an immediate presence on the pitch that day. 

Devlin we didn't know if he would suit Scottish football.

Trust is a big thing in football. 

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Bongo wants Hearts to be better and get closer to the OF yet also wants Andy Irving back………

I don't think Andy Irving is a bad player yes no need for the insults 😂but if that's how you get a buzz crack on. 

I believe under the correct coaching and manager Andy has a place in Scottish football. 

And with us. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

We took a chance of Beni we didn't know if he would be good enough after poor spells in English championship, I watched him in a behind closed doors friendly against hibs, he had an immediate presence on the pitch that day. 

Devlin we didn't know if he would suit Scottish football.

Trust is a big thing in football. 

Baningime was an absolute coupe and he was very highly rated by Everton and the fans down there

Devlin I totally agree with you on as he was signed mainly on his numbers rather than watching him play the metrics guy at Hearts really proved his worth there

The difference is though we played Irving a lot and we knew what he was like first hand we showed a lot of trust in him as sad as it may be he is not good enough

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't think Andy Irving is a bad player yes no need for the insults 😂but if that's how you get a buzz crack on. 

I believe under the correct coaching and manager Andy has a place in Scottish football. 

And with us. 

Now if we are talking young lads that I would love to see back at the club under the current management and with the current team mates then it is the Japanese lad in that thumbnail

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Now if we are talking young lads that I would love to see back at the club under the current management and with the current team mates then it is the Japanese lad in that thumbnail

Yeah good player very intelligent didn't get enough credit tbh.

Yet some say he's shite. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah good player very intelligent didn't get enough credit tbh.

Yet some say he's shite. 

Definitely not shite

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And with us. 

@Bazzas right boot be along in a min to tell us Sean tried to play the ball there...

AlphonseCapone

Not good enough for where we are now. Not even close tbh considering we should be looking to improve constantly on what we have. 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not good enough for where we are now. Not even close tbh considering we should be looking to improve constantly on what we have. 

Indeed, I'd rather see the likes of young Smith get a shot. Andy wouldn't improve the squad for me so I don't think he should be blocking a youngster's potential progression.

jamboinglasgow

Do feel for him (I know I may be the only one on here.) He wanted to try something different, but it has fallen apart when things were getting better for him. 

I am sure he will get plenty offers in Scotland if he comes back (lower Premiership or upper Championship clubs.) But I hope he gets some offers in Germany.

The ship has sailed for him coming back to Hearts though, the level of player has gone up in recruitment.

He struggled to get into the team when we were pish. He’d be nowhere near our team now. He’s Falkirk etc standard

Rick Sanchez

Folk wanting Irving back, Brandon on a new deal and Euan Henderson up top...all whilst demanding 3rd place and a cup run.

:cornette:

23 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Folk wanting Irving back, Brandon on a new deal and Euan Henderson up top...all whilst demanding 3rd place and a cup run.

:cornette:

Realistically I believe we need a squad to play European football. 

We have already shown weakness when key player's like Gordon, Halkett, Souttar, who is leaving at end of season and 

Boyce etc are out.

make no mistake either Robbie will sign 8/10 player's in summer or will give some of the youth a chance. 

Which I believe they deserve and aren't as bad as some make out feck have a bit of faith in them. 

Pollock looks alright, Mcgill, Smith, logan have all shown in glimpses they have quality. 

If Ann and James are feeling flush, to sign multi million pound player's then go for it. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Indeed, I'd rather see the likes of young Smith get a shot. Andy wouldn't improve the squad for me so I don't think he should be blocking a youngster's potential progression.

Good point.

Staggered that there's quite a few on here who would take Irving back. Wouldn't improve us whatsoever. Would struggle to get a game for the likes of Kelty and Edinburgh City, and I'm not taking the p***. One of the most overrated youngsters we've had. 

That being said, fair play to him for giving it go in a foreign league. Unfortunately didn't work out and good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Edited by Chimp
wrong wording

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I would have been happy with him staying on from last season but it’s hard to see how he would get any/many games due to our style and performances. 

I doubt Joe is being tasked to find an Irving like player. His ship has sailed imo. 

I have a feeling we may be receiving fees for the likes of Beni and Devlin in summer, like bodo this is what genuinely happens to clubs on the up. 

Anything like a £5mil offer or above and I reckon the club would seriously consider it. 

If they do hopefully they can leave with a Scottish cup win to there achievements. 

All speculation don't take this as I'm saying they are definitely going, just have a feeling that clubs will have seen the progress we have made and be in for them. 

They are good enough to play English championship football / lower level Premier league. 

Even if a squad player for a prem team they are still very young. 

Hopefully we can keep them. 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I have a feeling we may be receiving fees for the likes of Beni and Devlin in summer, like bodo this is what genuinely happens to clubs on the up. 

Anything like a £5mil offer or above and I reckon the club would seriously consider it. 

If they do hopefully they can leave with a Scottish cup win to there achievements. 

All speculation don't take this as I'm saying they are definitely going, just have a feeling that clubs will have seen the progress we have made and be in for them. 

They are good enough to play English championship football / lower level Premier league. 

Probably not Beni now if he's long term injured, poor lad

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Probably not Beni now if he's long term injured, poor lad

Yeah I think coming to us has certainly given them a platform that they are now expressing themselves on the pitch which they didn't have at other clubs, though not Robbies biggest fan he deserves huge amounts of credit for that along with management and savage. 

They have done really well under Neilson, and he's the one who's got them playing like that. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

@Bazzas right boot be along in a min to tell us Sean tried to play the ball there...

What do you mean tried? 

He did. 

Not even a foul, diving sheep shagging *******. 

25 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So we’ll have money to bring in someone better than Andy Irving

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

What do you mean tried? 

He did. 

Not even a foul, diving sheep shagging *******. 

Hee hee!

In actual fact, the highlights are terrible.  The foul Abdn were given was nothing like it from Halkett, never a foul in a million years and then the ref lets them take a quicky fully 10 yards away from the incident.  It was complete incompetence that entire passage.  We'd absolutely owned them until that point too and my feeling was always we win that game we don't end up bottom.

Weirdly the whole demotion thing etc, you could easily argue helped us over all!!  So get it round everybody!!!!

13 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

So we’ll have money to bring in someone better than Andy Irving

Yes but you still need squad player's. 

Not everyone is happy to be a bit part player. 

kingantti1874

Don’t wish the lad any harm but don’t want him back. Ridiculously left footed, slow and just not dynamic enough.  

Great left foot.. but not enough.. 

1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Unlike Sevco we don’t bring back players that do walking away end of

He’s not good enough anyway 

3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’d sooner take Damour back. That’s the level. These guys were absolute pish for us. Good luck to Irving at Raith 

That’s about the size of it. 

Japan Jambo
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And with us. 

mmm, liked him, wanted to stay with the correct coaching I too feel he would of progressed. However the club and he were poles apart on his worth and his bubble has very much popped. Can't forget easily the way he rushed out the door and am just not sure he is worth the upheaval his return would cause.

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

He obviously thinks our only way of getting closer to them is to head back down the leagues towards the lowland league so we can be right beside their B teams!  It's the only explanation! 

Guest ToqueJambo

Irving would not work as one of the two CMs in our recent formations and style of play, which was probably why we were willing to give him a new contract but not a top one. If he's a free agent someone here might take a chance on him until the end of the season. Maybe even a desperate relegation-threatened team like Aberdeen or Hibs. He'll almost certainly be abler to get a Scottish Championship team to give him a go, and could end up rebuilding his career like Robinson and McGhee did.

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Andy Irving is pish. If we signed him and players like him we’d go back to being pish like when he last played for us. 

Pish is harsh, he’s got an excellent left foot but I don’t think he’s as dynamic as we need. 

Weird ****ing move though 😂 His agent needs sacked. Complete waste of his time and energy. 

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Realistically I believe we need a squad to play European football. 

We have already shown weakness when key player's like Gordon, Halkett, Souttar, who is leaving at end of season and 

Boyce etc are out.

make no mistake either Robbie will sign 8/10 player's in summer or will give some of the youth a chance. 

Which I believe they deserve and aren't as bad as some make out feck have a bit of faith in them. 

Pollock looks alright, Mcgill, Smith, logan have all shown in glimpses they have quality. 

If Ann and James are feeling flush, to sign multi million pound player's then go for it. 

Robbie likes a fairly small first team squad, there has already been talk that he will increase that by a couple for Europe. So it should mean that young players can be used to add further depth. Though this is where we need a reserve league or B team to keep those players ticking over till they are needed.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )