Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

16 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Imagine we'd paid him the wages he was after. Remember the feeling amongst some of the fan base when he left. :laugh:

The guy wouldn't get in front of McEneff. Infact, I'd love our midfield to come up against him.

He'll be back in the Championship...at best. I'll take a guess at Raith.

Some genuinely wanted him to be made one of our highest earners :lol: 

Forgot he even existed :lol: shows how far we have progressed I suppose, wouldn’t even get a sniff in our team these days.  

Good luck to the lad. If he had stayed he would probably be in a Henderson sort of situation. Not near enough the team, but seen as relatively decent 2rd or 4th choice. I'm always for young Scottish players who want to try their hand abroad. Just that this time the agent got an absolute bizarre move for him. Another 2nd tier European club might be a decent try for him.

Nothing against him going overseas amd chasing an exciting life in his 20s.

If he was not an £Xm sort of player that had walked out on is, I may feel different.

Samuel Camazzola
17 hours ago, jambo19 said:

Is Godinho still at FSV Zwickau? He had the same agent and it was a similar move. 

He was playing in the MLS with Vancouver last season. A couple of his games were on Sky. 

A_A wehatethehibs
12 hours ago, SuperPippo said:

Surely  Andy can get a team in lower leagues of England?  Cole Stockton is upfront for Morecambe in League 1!!

Cole Stockton had to work his way up, he didn’t just stroll in to that level. Down back to non league level and grafted a career for himself. All credit to him. Is Andy Irving that type of grafter? Very questionable. I would say probably not.

There’s a significant chance he’ll have to drop out of pro level and sign for a part time club in order to get the game time now. That starts off as a temporary thing then suddenly he’s 23, 24 year old Scottish league 1 player… it’s like he didn’t realise how easy it is to drop out the pro level and how risky that situation is.

56 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Good luck to the lad. If he had stayed he would probably be in a Henderson sort of situation. Not near enough the team, but seen as relatively decent 2rd or 4th choice. I'm always for young Scottish players who want to try their hand abroad. Just that this time the agent got an absolute bizarre move for him. Another 2nd tier European club might be a decent try for him.

Nothing against him going overseas amd chasing an exciting life in his 20s.

If he was not an £Xm sort of player that had walked out on is, I may feel different.

Why would he probably have ended up in a henderson situation?  Whats to say he wouldn’t have pushed on if he had stayed playing football at a decent level? 

He’s possibly threw away his chance at top league football so he could ***** about in german lower leagues.  Im sure its been a super duper experience though and he can bore all his pals about it in the pub when he’s playing for kelty hearts. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Fxxx the SPFL

His team got humped 5-1 at home tonight bottom of the league by a good chunk only came on as a substitute I’m sure he regrets leaving us

On 31/01/2022 at 18:27, SuperPippo said:

Surely  Andy can get a team in lower leagues of England?  Cole Stockton is upfront for Morecambe in League 1!!

By the lower leagues I assume you mean the National League, North or South?

Naisys Tackle

Poor lad, a jambo wrongly advised.  Hope he makes a career for himself.

No reason to gloat.  This place seems to love when players leave fail. 

On 31/01/2022 at 20:43, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Who cares where this nonentity ends up? 

What a healthy and charming attitude for a grown man to hold about a young lad trying to do something different with his career.... 😕

Dearie me 🤯 

TyphoonJambo

A young guy with some talent who tried something different.  It didn't work out. I hope he resurrects his career.  Personally though I suspect he'll end up at Dundee,Raith level now.

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

A young guy with some talent who tried something different.  It didn't work out. I hope he resurrects his career.  Personally though I suspect he'll end up at Dundee,Raith level now.

I get that he should be applauded for trying something different, but the timing was a bit strange. I would have understood if it was at the start of the Championship season but he was a regular in the hearts side and would have played plenty games this season and had a crack at Europe next season. 

Edited by karipidis

21 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Not sure he is good enough for that 

7 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

yep. Extremely poor patter , no need for it.

I feel sorry for Andy. He was extremely poorly advised in all of this.  There’s little doubt that he would have been better advised to have spent another couple of seasons with us. Sitting on the bench for a team playing in the lower echelons of the German leagues has hardly been a career enhancing decision.

Nessjambo67

Must be soul destroying playing in the huge olimpia stadion getting pumped  5 1 and playing in front of. 800 fans . For the life of me I can’t understand his decision 

Batistuta87

I reckon he's just fancied seeing another part of the world. Fair play to him for giving it a go. I'm sure every one of us would love to have had the chance to make a living from playing football whilst living abroad, at any level. If he wants to see a bit more of the world I'm sure he'll find plenty other clubs based in interesting destinations.

Rogue Daddy
8 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah, this is it for me. All the best to the lad... hope things work out for him.

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I reckon he's just fancied seeing another part of the world. Fair play to him for giving it a go. 

Exactly

9 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Exactly.  I've only ever heard good things about him too.  Has a talent and has been both poorly coached and advised is how I see it outside looking in.

Hopefully gets a wee move even to Scottish Champ team and kicks on, makes it back to top league.  Local lad, jambo.  Hope he does well.  I enjoyed watching him for Hearts a lot of the time, but do accept we've moved on and need more dynamic players in the team.

3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Might end up at Queen of the South with Cochrane who is another wasted talent.

On 31/01/2022 at 20:32, Nookie Bear said:

Nice ground but they are in the 3rd for a reason, no?

Bit like Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday are in Ingerland.

• 4 weeks later...

According to Derek Rae, Andy's team have now withdrawn from the league with all of their games this season being annulled and any points other teams won against them removed. Incredible. 

Rick Sanchez

He's not hard working enough for the likes of Livingston. Could be a quarter back replacement for Adam at Championship Dundee.

Top earner at Heart of Midlothian 🤣

3 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Yikes, this has gone about as badly for the lad as it possibly could have

Yup.  Shame for him.  Hope he gets back playing somewhere.  May be that he needs to find his feet back at Scottish Champ or similar.  Just hope he stays pro and has a chance to climb.

I would actually take him back on a if contract was reasonable salary.  No doubt boy has talent but hopefully this trip to Germany has opened his eyes.

IF we get European group stage football next season we will require a deeper squad.

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

I would actually take him back on a if contract was reasonable salary.  No doubt boy has talent but hopefully this trip to Germany has opened his eyes.

IF we get European group stage football next season we will require a deeper squad.

I think he might be a bit too slow if I am honest the whole team moves with a lot more pace and energy now

4 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

If Peter Haring struggles to get a start when everyone's fit then Andy has no chance.

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think he might be a bit too slow if I am honest the whole team moves with a lot more pace and energy now

And he can't tackle. It's all about ball recovery now.

Andy Irving is pish. If we signed him and players like him we’d go back to being pish like when he last played for us. 

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

And he can't tackle. It's all about ball recovery now.

He was not a very good tackler actually yes you are right it is a bit of a non starter you would have to think

If his team have gone bust I'm sure he is classed as an "out of contract" and can sign for anyone just now.

Given our current injury list wonder if we should think about giving him a contract to the end of the season as backup (just to be clear, not saying we should give him any longer than that).

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Nah, he's nowhere hear the standard required. Decent passer, but that's about it.

Would take him back, with Beni, Haring, and Devlin prepared to be the legs in midfield. 

He would add quality as a deep lying or more advanced playmaker, 

Left footer in the centre of midfield is what we are lacking. 

Him and Mckay linking up with play ☺. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

It's 

9 minutes ago, happyjam said:

If his team have gone bust I'm sure he is classed as an "out of contract" and can sign for anyone just now.

Given our current injury list wonder if we should think about giving him a contract to the end of the season as backup (just to be clear, not saying we should give him any longer than that).

The team have not quite gone bust yet. It's apparently still unclear if they'll continue playing next season, and what division they'll be in if they do. Have to imagine Andy will be out of there sharpish in the summer though. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Would take him back, with Beni, Haring, and Devlin prepared to be the legs in midfield. 

Who would you replace in the team to put him in

29 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

If Peter Haring struggles to get a start when everyone's fit then Andy has no chance.

Chalk and cheese springs to mind 🙄

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Nah, he's nowhere hear the standard required. Decent passer, but that's about it.

Not saying he's world beater, but it would be a total non risk signing if the wages are right.  

Personally think he would work well in a midfield supported by a Beni or a Cammy but for avoidance of doubt I'm absolutely looking at it with a squad depth status, not that I expect him to walk into our first 11.

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The best one yet 😂😂

Looking forward to Walker and Irving pulling the strings for us next season we were so much better with them in the team than how we are now or perhaps not

Irving getting into our current side :rofl: do we want to compete with the old firm next season or what? 

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Looking forward to Walker and Irving pulling the strings for us next season we were so much better with them in the team than how we are now or perhaps not

Be fine with a Norwegian coach.

Just now, DH1986 said:

Irving wouldn’t even make our bench imo,

This.

Just stop it. We are getting better because we are signing better. No going back!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )