Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

7 hours ago, adam1998 said:

Cya Andy, good luck abroad - sure we’ll see you back over here soon in the future at a lesser club like the many that have left before.

we can now close this thread and get players that actually want to be here 

At least doing what we’ve done is ensure we get our development fee 👏

Do we though? I thought the development fee only applies if he signs for a British club?? If that is the case he’s not much of a hearts man and should get pelted if he ever comes back to a British club. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

32 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

Do we though? I thought the development fee only applies if he signs for a British club?? If that is the case he’s not much of a hearts man and should get pelted if he ever comes back to a British club. 

Not sure but if you’re right and going abroad screws us out of six figure development fee then definitely no welcome back

A_A wehatethehibs
38 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

I thought it was a UEFA thing tbh, so we only lose out if he leaves UEFA like Sam Nicholson done. 

16 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I thought it was a UEFA thing tbh, so we only lose out if he leaves UEFA like Sam Nicholson done. 

Correct 

I’m not sure which is why I asked. However the point is if he disadvantages us he can go and swim with jellyfish

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Tatlock said:

His contract is up. We are under no obligation to pay him and he is under no obligation to sign for a clubhe doesn't want to, just make us money.

He will say that he has done his bit for Hearts and it is time to move on.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

His contract is up. We are under no obligation to pay him and he is under no obligation to sign for a clubhe doesn't want to, just make us money.

Which is true. 

mellors1874

The boys shite here and he thinks he can play in Germany.

Be back in 18 months playing for a championship side

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I actually wonder if the clubs quite happy because we get the guaranteed training fee. £300k? if we get anything like that, is absolutely sensational business for a player that poor, far more money than the lad is worth. I don’t think we’ll get that but really don’t understand how the whole compensation thing works. That’d be more than we got for Calum Paterson iirc

chuck berrys hairline

No chance hes going to Germany unless it's Liga 3 or lower 😂 he's the Portaloo Pirlo- Pish

4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I actually wonder if the clubs quite happy because we get the guaranteed training fee. £300k? if we get anything like that, is absolutely sensational business for a player that poor, far more money than the lad is worth. I don’t think we’ll get that but really don’t understand how the whole compensation thing works. That’d be more than we got for Calum Paterson iirc

Why don't you understand how it works it's dead simple, just read this. 😍

Annex 8 - Compensation Entitlement and Reimbursement of Costs of Training and Development 1. ENTITLEMENT TO COMPENSATION 1.1 PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS 1.1.1 Upon expiry of his agreement a Professional Player shall be free to conclude a new agreement with any Club, which wishes to engage his services providing this is during one of the Registration Periods or special dispensation has been granted in accordance with Paragraph 3.5. Following upon expiry of such agreement any rights to a compensation fee by his previous Club shall lapse at the end of the Season in which the Player reaches the age of 23. 1.1.2 A Club, which has offered terms of re-engagement to a Professional Player to whom the above Paragraph 1.1.1 of this Annex 8 applies, and who subsequently has decided to conclude an agreement with another Club, shall be entitled to compensation from the other Club subject to the following provisions: 1.1.2.1 Where a Player who was previously registered as a Professional Player upon a Registration Form has been offered terms of re-engagement by his Club, and so long as such offer of re-engagement has been made prior to the date of expiry of the agreement, such offer of reengagement is available to the Player to accept or decline within a period of 21 days thereafter. In the case of a Club in membership of the Scottish Professional Football League, such offer of re-engagement shall be made in accordance with the rules of the Scottish Professional Football League. 1.1.3 An offer of re-engagement made in accordance with Paragraph 1.1.2.1 of this Annex 8, shall be not less favourable than the terms of the Player’s previous agreement. Should any dispute arise as to whether or not the offer of re-engagement is indeed less favourable than the terms of the Player’s previous agreement, such dispute shall be determined in accordance with the Dispute Resolution Procedure contained at Annex 2 of the Registration Procedures. 1.1.4 Such offer of re-engagement made in accordance with Paragraph 1.1.2.1 of this Annex 8 must also be lodged with the Secretary via the Online Registration Procedures or by recorded delivery post, email or fax, at the same time as it is issued to the Player. 1.1.5 Where both Clubs involved in a Player’s move from one Club to another are in membership of the Scottish Professional Football League the existing rules of the Scottish Professional Football League will at the same time require to be observed by those Clubs and will be applicable when establishing the former Club’s entitlement to compensation. 1.1.6 5% of the compensation fee will be distributed to the Club(s) involved in the training and education of the Player. This distribution will be made in proportion to the number of years the Player has been registered with the relevant Clubs between the ages of 12 and 23 applying the same percentage from within the FIFA Regulations, Solidarity Contribution, to the relevant age groups. This distribution will be apportioned amongst the Clubs concerned according to the age of the Player at the time they provided him with training and education. Payment must be made by the transferee Club within 30 days of the Player’s new registration or within 30 days of a Registration Tribunal having set the compensation fee. 1.1.7 If a Club registers a Player as an Amateur Player and then that Player should subsequently be registered with any other Club, as a Professional Player, such Club may be liable to pay compensation to the Player’s former Club to which the Player had been registered as a Professional Player and providing that the Club has retained an entitlement to compensation in accordance with the Registration Procedures. Any decision on whether or not such subsequent registration was an abuse of process as provided for the in the Registration Procedures shall be at the general discretion of the Registration Tribunal. In the event of any dispute regarding whether or not compensation is payable, such dispute shall be resolved in accordance with the Dispute Resolution Procedure contained at Annex 2 of the Registration Procedures. 1.1.8 If a Club registers a Player in the circumstances as set out in Paragraph 1.1.7 of this Annex 8, such Club may be liable to pay compensation to the Player’s former Club, in accordance with the FIFA Regulations REGISTRATION PROCEDURES 207 and the Registration Procedures generally, if the Player subsequently concludes an agreement with a Club in membership of another national association. Such compensation will be payable if, in terms of FIFA Regulations and the Registration Procedures generally (in place at the time of the expiry date of his agreement with his former Club), the Player’s former Club would have been entitled to compensation from the Club with which the Player has concluded an agreement. In the event of any dispute regarding whether or not compensation is payable, such dispute shall be resolved by FIFA in accordance with the FIFA Regulations. 1.1.9 The Club with which the Player has been registered as a Professional Player, shall be responsible for contacting the Player’s former Club in writing by Recorded Delivery letter, fax or email within 7 days of the date of signing of the Registration Form to open discussions regarding compensation. 1.1.10 Both Clubs shall be use their best endeavours to reach an agreement on the matter of compensation within 21 days of the date of the Professional Player signing the Registration Form. Such agreement, once reached, shall be committed to writing and be duly signed by both Clubs. In the event that agreement is not reached within said 21 day period, such compensation may be referred for determination in accordance with the Dispute Resolution Procedure contained at Annex 2 of the Registration Procedures. Upon issue of a Notice of Registration Referral, in terms of Annex 2, the Board may, in its sole discretion, decide whether the matter is appropriate for referral to a Registration Tribunal. If the Registration Tribunal is convened, it shall resolve any dispute in accordance with the Dispute Resolution Procedure contained at Annex 2 of the Registration Procedures. 1.1.11 No rights of compensation that a Club may have in terms of this rule shall prevent a Player moving to a new Club 1.1.12 Permanent Transfer of a Player 5% of the transfer/compensation fee will be distributed to the Club(s) involved in the training and education of the Player. This distribution will be made in proportion to the number of years the Player has been registered with the relevant Clubs between the ages of 12 and 23 applying the same percentage from within the FIFA Regulations, Solidarity Contribution, to the relevant age groups. This distribution will be apportioned amongst the Clubs concerned according to the age of the Player at the time they provided him with training and education. Payment must be made by the transferee Club within 30 days of the Player’s new registration or within 30 days of a Registration Tribunal having set the compensation fee.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 13/06/2021 at 15:35, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd love to know why there would be "slight unrest". Hearts are the biggest club he'll ever play for. He's pish.

This is what I don't get. Aged only 20, has made a promising start, has broken into the national U21s, and is very much in the first team plans of Scotland's 3rd biggest club with the best home stadium atmosphere and some of the best training facilities in the best city in the UK. Sign a 3 year contract and develop your game. If you do really well we'll sell you. Otherwise, see out your contract and at 23 you're still 5 years off your peak. If you're really that good you'll get a move then.

It's baffling he'd leave that for a bit more money or more "guaranteed" (if that's possible) game time but at a lower level. If he does have a move abroad lined up though, Liam Henderson style, fair play. I can see why he might want to take that opportunity while he can. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. MLS maybe to get around the fee, which would be very annoying.

Edited by ToqueJambo

55 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is what I don't get. Aged only 20, has made a promising start, has broken into the national U21s, and is very much in the first team plans of Scotland's 3rd biggest club with the best home stadium atmosphere and some of the best training facilities in the best city in the UK. Sign a 3 year contract and develop your game. If you do really well we'll sell you. Otherwise, see out your contract and at 23 you're still 5 years off your peak. If you're really that good you'll get a move then.

It's baffling he'd leave that for a bit more money or more "guaranteed" (if that's possible) game time but at a lower level. If he does have a move abroad lined up though, Liam Henderson style, fair play. I can see why he might want to take that opportunity while he can. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. MLS maybe to get around the fee, which would be very annoying.

It’s a decent post and not too far away from how I feel. The part agents play in these situations is a bit of an unknown to me. Do you think his agent could be pushing for Andy to leave. 

7 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

No chance hes going to Germany unless it's Liga 3 or lower 😂 he's the Portaloo Pirlo- Pish

Daft laddie question but post Brexit and ending freedom of movement, is it a given that he would be eligible to play abroad?

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Spot-on.

If either of my sons had been in that position, unless the Heart's offer was exceptional, and assuming that the foreign club had guaranteed language lessons and support, then my advice would be to take the opportunity of going abroad. Life enhancing opportunities like that probably only come once.

Edited by upgotheheads

21 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

The boys shite here and he thinks he can play in Germany.

Be back in 18 months playing for a championship side

Us!!

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not funny. 

Never thought it was, but based on most of last seasons performances wouldnt bet against it

19 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Never thought it was, but based on most of last seasons performances wouldnt bet against it

giphy.gif

Japan Jambo
15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

If we set aside the maroon tinted specs and our desire for an outcome that suits Hearts best perhaps the player simply believes he'll get better coaching elsewhere that'll improve him more.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

If we set aside the maroon tinted specs and our desire for an outcome that suits Hearts best perhaps the player simply believes he'll get better coaching elsewhere that'll improve him more.

He will get better coaching elsewhere

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He will get better coaching elsewhere

That depends who he signs for I imagine. 

Harry Potter
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That depends who he signs for I imagine. 

correct but that old saying, better with the devil you know.

Now let’s look at the evidence regarding Neilson’s record as a coach & manager..

In Neilson’s 2 periods at Hearts has he helped any youngster become a better player. 
Has Neilson been unsuccessful  in promoting a youth & experienced Hearts team.

Why has too many of the young players game deteriorated when played in the fist team under Neilson.

You get the the idea and if I were Irving I’d of been hoping after Stendel Hearts would of hired a quality manager rather one of Ann Budge’s adopted son’s.

Yes watching Irving sitting on the bench when he’s looking at the likes of Halliday getting picked before him must really sicken the lad.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Now let’s look at the evidence regarding Neilson’s record as a coach & manager..

In Neilson’s 2 periods at Hearts has he helped any youngster become a better player. 

Why has too many of the young players game deteriorated when played in the fist team under Neilson.

You get the the idea and if I were Irving I’d of been hoping after Stendel Hearts would of hired a quality manager rather one of Ann Budge’s adopted son’s.

Yes watching Irving sitting on the bench when he’s looking at the likes of Halliday getting picked before him must really sicken the lad.

Ignoring the first spell where we were successful with loads of youths.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Halliday never “got picked before him” Irving played about 15 games alongside Halliday. It was Peter Haring that elbowed Irving out of the team and rightly so. Take a Proper Hearts Man Peter Haring over Irving every day of the week if Pete can stay fit. Hallidays more of a workmanlike grafter, totally different player and more utility man playing left back as well. 

22 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Ignoring the first spell where we were successful with loads of youths.

thanks to Gary Locke in the season before when we couldn’t sign anyone and had a -15 points penalty.

And remember how well Lockie did with the youths.

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

50 pager about a bang average player who doesn't want to be here. 

What a time to be alive. 

Don't worry, check out the transfer thread.

200 pages and it appears nobody wants to be here 👍

14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Halliday never “got picked before him” Irving played about 15 games alongside Halliday. It was Peter Haring that elbowed Irving out of the team and rightly so. Take a Proper Hearts Man Peter Haring over Irving every day of the week if Pete can stay fit. Hallidays more of a workmanlike grafter, totally different player and more utility man playing left back as well. 

Halliday a grafter you really are on planet Z.  🚀  🪐. 👩‍🚀

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, mitch41 said:

Halliday a grafter you really are on planet Z.  🚀  🪐. 👩‍🚀

No just watched him - unlike you. He runs about and works hard enough every time he plays. Never seen any fan complain about his work rate. He’s just a bit pish in possession and not creative at all 

A_A wehatethehibs
13 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

thanks to Gary Locke in the season before when we couldn’t sign anyone and had a -15 points penalty.

Gary locke who went on a 25 game winless run with the kids looking absolutely lost? 

3 hours ago, Sherbet said:

I'll take your bet 👍

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Gary locke who went on a 25 game winless run with the kids looking absolutely lost? 

When was this? 

11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No just watched him - unlike you. He runs about and works hard enough every time he plays. Never seen any fan complain about his work rate. He’s just a bit pish in possession and not creative at all 

He’s a lazy, hiding passenger who gets away with murder who has been found out by our fans except you. Your only right about him being pish.

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

When was this? 

I just checked it, my mistake there were wins in there. It was that horrible a run that I forgot them. 

3 wins from 27 games from the 31st August, to the 31st of March that season. 

And on top of that, was the 0-7 home cup exit to Celtic btw. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

16 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

In the middle of the season we had injuries, suspensions and some of the lads had to play when they lost form because we never had enough players. You really just don’t want to understand regarding the fantastic job the players and Lockie did in those difficult times that no manager in Hearts histiory has ever had to go through.

:cornette:

Oh look, the moon howlers are out trying to make this into another Neilson Out thread.

Its truly tedious seeing the same garbage regurgitated on every other thread that appears in the Terrace by the same group of posters.

A_A wehatethehibs
19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

In the middle of the season we had injuries, suspensions and some of the lads had to play when they lost form because we never had enough players. You really just don’t want to understand regarding the fantastic job the players and Lockie did in those difficult times that no manager in Hearts histiory has ever had to go through.

It was very tough circumstances, but you’re never convincing me that the worst 6 months of football I have ever witnessed was “doing a good job with the players” 

John mcglynn done a better job with them same young players than Locke, having been their youth manager several years before and had Walker at Raith, he is still today a better coach than Locke as shown by his Raith team last season vs lockes dead in the water managerial career. Sacking mcglynn for Locke was iirc the last decision Romanov ever made, and i think it’s the thing that ultimately sent us down. In that circumstances, I believe JM would’ve been the better choice to give us a better chance to keep us up. Lockes first act was to come in and lose the league cup final to st mirren and it got a lot worse from there. That’s all with the benefit of hindsight but at the time I just did not rate Locke as a choice for manager back then, at all. He just never struck me as having the brains for the modern game and so it’s proved in his career.

Gary did the best he could. I will just always wonder what would’ve happened if we had even a 10% better manager. We’ll never know anyway. 

For sure the 1 thing we did not need after mcglynn was a downgrade. And that’s what we got IMO 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:cornette:

Oh look, the moon howlers are out trying to make this into another Neilson Out thread.

Its truly tedious seeing the same garbage regurgitated on every other thread that appears in the Terrace by the same group of posters.

How do I join this group? Do I pay a fee? Get a badge?

Whoever is the Chair, please DM me, I'm in 100%.

Connor Sammon, Gavin Reilly, Juanma Delgado, Hassnaoui, Pollardo, Faycal Rherras, Juwon Oshaniwa, Blazej Augustan and where are these fantastic signings now. I remember Neilson being given the green light to sign players for our return to the Premiership and as soon as I heard the name Connor Sammon I knew Neilson was not the right man for Hearts and I was proved right. Ann , Levein & Neilson had a 5 year plan. Well the building blocks of the off-pitch facilities and organisation is in place. The only problem is what has happened to Cochran’s, Irving, Moore, etc because these lads were a breath of fresh air when they burst onto the scene and yet, I believe, the management & staff who work with the likes of Irving are incompetent in helping these lads fulfill their true potential. 
Let’s all agree that this farce of a 5 year plan has badly let down the young players like Irving, the the existing players, the support and the standing of our club. I wish Irving all the best in what ever he does in the future.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Yeah I remember, we were relegated. So Neilson gets no credit for the youths the first time but gets the blame for the second spell and not Levin or Stendel?

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Its kind of weird because he is supposed to be an attacking midfielder but seems to be played in the holding role but is actually a better left back than either of his natural positions 😭

tokyowalnut
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I don’t get this myth that Gary Locke had a good season and did well by the youngsters. He had no choice but to play them, I’m sure training was a laugh, but ultimately we were honking that season. We would have been better with John McGlynn.

We would go to the games hoping to see a shot on goal, that is how bad it was!!

23 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

I don’t get this myth that Gary Locke had a good season and did well by the youngsters. He had no choice but to play them, I’m sure training was a laugh, but ultimately we were honking that season. We would have been better with John McGlynn.

We would go to the games hoping to see a shot on goal, that is how bad it was!!

Gary Locke had a far harder shift than McGlynn did, although yes McGlynn and his experience would probably have been a smarter play. 

Worth noting that without the points deduction he’d have kept us up. 

38 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Yeah I remember, we were relegated. So Neilson gets no credit for the youths the first time but gets the blame for the second spell and not Levin or Stendel?

Neilson jumped out of a sinking ship.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )