*** Official Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ***

Pasquale for King

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Apologies if it’s been shared already, 15 seconds in someone shouts “there’s your ****ing meficine” 😆🥰

Marvelous :bravo:

Heard that comment as well.   :qqb014:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

What has gone wrong with Berra? Is it just pace?

The man was brilliant for us first time round. He  has played in the EPL and has multiple Scotland caps. More often than not defenders can play at a top level longer than most. 

He just looks like how confidence is shot, I think a trip to a Psychiatrist/Psychologist might help. 
He’s actually better without the fans. When you think about it nobody plays well alongside Halkett. 

1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

Have to agree, Halkett just doesn't fill me with confidence. 

He’d be fine with a decent partner. Berra is just too slow and prone to gaffs these days.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Have to agree, Halkett just doesn't fill me with confidence. 

Absolutely spot on both posts. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Apologies if it’s been shared already, 15 seconds in someone shouts “there’s your ****ing meficine” 😆🥰

Just watching that Alloa keeper trying to get back to his box, even the Ref is faster. The keeper must have been knackered by the time he got there 🤣

He put out a team good enough to beat Alloa, and they did. He gave three players the opportunity to show why they should start more often, and maybe they took it, maybe they didn't. We'll see.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

St Johnstone last season,  remember it well. 

Game of 2 halves. 

Disingenuous to say 7 2, we could easily have been out of sight first half. 

However leading we looked like the team chasing the game, centre backs were left 3 on 2, too easily. 

Stendel really didn't do anything quickly to fix it.

I liked Stendel,  he just didn't take a pragmatic approach until it was too late. 

That wild stuff was for a team in a comfort position,  he failed in the respect his principles supersede the need of the team 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Deevers said:

He’d be fine with a decent partner. Berra is just too slow and prone to gaffs these days.

He didn’t with Souttar or Dikamona either, that passback today strains our for a corner illustrates the kind of brain farts he has. So slow as well, ok when you’re sitting in your own box but in the multitude of games we will be pushing teams leaving space in behind. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Just watching that Alloa keeper trying to get back to his box, even the Ref is faster. The keeper must have been knackered by the time he got there 🤣

Poor *******, thought the defender done all he could to block Gino and try to get a foul 😆😂

Weakened Offender
8 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

I was there and it was unreal that second half. We went in 2-1 up and then second half St Johnstone absolutely pummelled us and could have scored 5/6 easily in one half of football. We absolutely stole a point. After that game stendel should have realised the system he was trying wouldn’t work. We the played Killie at home and the exact same happens!!! He was terribly naive. 

Christ, I'd forgotten about the Killie match. 😬

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Refs are actually very fit. There my appreciation ends however 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
22 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Deserved win but in fairness, we should be dicking on Alloa in the Championship. They are wank.

The only consolation of demotion is that we dropped down into a league as weak as I can ever remember it. There’s not a single decent team to compete with us.

When we were free scoring last time in the Championship we only “dicked” them 1-0 one of the games at their gaff.

Shithole to play at. Job done. Move on.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Poor *******, thought the defender done all he could to block Gino and try to get a foul 😆😂

Gino was as cool as you like. Sometimes these casual "rolling the ball into an empty net" goals can slip embarrasingly past a post, but Gino was spot on.

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

nope the lad tried to obstruct him

Correct. Tried to get in his way and concede the foul but not strong enough. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

He put out a team good enough to beat Alloa, and they did. He gave three players the opportunity to show why they should start more often, and maybe they took it, maybe they didn't. We'll see.

Henderson did ok up front, would’ve been good for him if he had scored that chance. Roberts turning back does my head in, he was through in goal and slowed down, cut inside and lost the ball. He has every thing required to be a player, size/strength/skill/height but has no heart or desire. Frear did extremely little bar a good finish. GMS&Ginnelly will take those wide spots and it’s a tantalising prospect to be honest. 

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Barack said:

Didn’t get the chance to, with Gino grabbing him around the shoulder & causing him to fall over. 

I'll take it. But we'd be screaming for a foul if it was us.

i would scream for any potential foul lol

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Gino was as cool as you like. Sometimes these casual "rolling the ball into an empty net" goals can slip embarrasingly past a post, but Gino was spot on.

I know I was like ****ing shoot 😆

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Refs are actually very fit. There my appreciation ends however 

True, but players are supposed to be very fit too, I think that boy will be working on his sprints. Parry I think ? Can't say I know much about him.

Pasquale for King
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

i would scream for any potential foul lol

You could hear someone say in a underplayed manner “that no a foul like ref” after the goal 😆😂

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Henderson played well when he was on the same pitch as Naismith last year. 

it never will help young players when his main support acts are Frear and Roberts as pointed out earlier

9 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Christ, I'd forgotten about the Killie match. 😬

You seem to have forgot about this too https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35792103&ved=2ahUKEwi7xOjEk6HuAhXytHEKHeZzD_oQFjABegQIDxAB&usg=AOvVaw0qvW2w20I4IgoGwWVOwqDU

Edited by Bongo 1874

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I know I was like ****ing shoot 😆

Who was it to his right, Boyce or GMS ? I was expecting that ball.

Edit, think it was Irving.

Edited by whodanny

8 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

nope the lad tried to obstruct him

Totally, the lad tried to take Gino out... too quick for him! 😃

complete control
33 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Deserved win but in fairness, we should be dicking on Alloa in the Championship. They are wank.

The only consolation of demotion is that we dropped down into a league as weak as I can ever remember it. There’s not a single decent team to compete with us.

Apart fae  dunfermline + Dundee   🙄

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Who was it to his right, Boyce or GMS ? I was expecting that ball.

Edit, think it was Irving.

Hard to tell at the time with the dodgy camera work, good hustle to keep up with Gino though. 

31 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s marvellous 😀

😂😂😂 quality! Theres yer fukkkin medicine 😂😂😂

Edited by Rogue Daddy

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

There was certainly no love lose between the dug outs, no commentary is good for that 😆. I think if I had opened the window I could’ve heard Peter Grant shouting. 

😂 I could imagine. 

38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Eh?

Andy Irving Andy Irvine??

Sorry, a common mistake that annoyed me anyway but now hibs have signed a cm called Irvine it's bugging me more

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

Andy Irving Andy Irvine??

Sorry, a common mistake that annoyed me anyway but now hibs have signed a cm called Irvine it's bugging me more

Sorry I don’t normally do that hahahahaha, I’m blaming autocorrect. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

It’s not Lockey.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Who do you reckon? Neilson ?

Anyone heard Forrest speak? Maybe Gallacher or a sub?

51 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Many of them needless, stupid even.

That’s typical Walker - it’s like he fouls and gets cards to prove to the fans he’s trying!

Pasquale for King
Just now, Thomaso said:

That’s typical Walker - it’s like he fouls and gets cards to prove to the fans he’s trying!

I think he also does it so he can stop running. 

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

He looks like a juniors player when he does his deliberate fouls.

51 minutes ago, Boof said:

Certainly late on. Ref was ok but no better than that, which is probably as much as we can hope for.

Is that our first victory ever when Muir has officiated?

48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He didn’t with Souttar or Dikamona either, that passback today strains our for a corner illustrates the kind of brain farts he has. So slow as well, ok when you’re sitting in your own box but in the multitude of games we will be pushing teams leaving space in behind. 

Exactly. Imperative we get someone in now that cuts out these gaffs.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Deevers said:

Exactly. Imperative we get someone in now that cuts out these gaffs.

Has at least one a game. We are unlikely to get someone who is quick and good in the air to cover for him, unless Jimmy Dunne misses the Gorgie Fish Bar 😢