*** Official Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ***

Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Sorry but that’s just total nonsense.

Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Haring, GMS, Naismith (maybe as a squad player) Boyce are all capable or playing in a top four PL team.

I suspect Ginnelly is also if we can keep him and Halliday is a solid experienced pro with Irving being very promising.  

We need a couple of centre half’s and strengthening in midfield but to say we are in danger of coming straight back down is rubbish as our performances against Celtic and Hibs demonstrate, and that’s before we strengthen further.  

Spot on 👍

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

I still don't think we started with the right team but all credit to Neilson who got us the victory, it is a short season and some of these players wont be here next season so why do they start when we have better and more motivated players available?

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Well done Ginelly.

Looks like he could be really good for us.

Yes, fantastic to see that upfield keeper tactic so professionally punished. People saying he just slid the ball into an empty net are not doing it justice - he took it the whole length of the pitch at speed, holding off one defender and evading another.

On the other hand, it was only atonement for costing us the goal we conceded!

Unless I've missed some, I'm surprised that no one has acknowledged the excellent performance by Andy Irving today.  Man of the match IMO.  He's developing into a first class prospect.

If he can just curb these red mist moments he'll go far.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, so it' s not like having an extra Point, it's like  having a better goal difference.... grrrr

I hate the phrase- "it's like an extra point". It' s ****ing not!

It makes me angry when pundits use it as well. Makes me want to set things on fire.

Hopefully your laptop......😉

Jambo in Bathgate
Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

Yes, fantastic to see that upfield keeper tactic so professionally punished. People saying he just slid the ball into an empty net are not doing it justice - he took it the whole length of the pitch at speed, holding off one defender and evading another.

On the other hand, it was only atonement for costing us the goal we conceded!

That’s very true. He atoned for his mistake that resulted in their goal. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

As Robbie signed Ginnelly, has managed him back from injury well, and brought him on at the right time to influence the game... yes, he probably does deserve some credit for that. Glad you noticed.

It was a joke or an attempt at one. Obviously. Not having a go at Robbie which I haven't done anywhere on this thread. 

Edited by Francis Albert

2 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Unless I've missed some, I'm surprised that no one has acknowledged the excellent performance by Andy Irving today.  Man of the match IMO.  He's developing into a first class prospect.

I did! 😊

Weakened Offender
32 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

To be honest we all stood in 2 stands at Perth and watched Stendel get "schooled" by someone most considered not good enough for Hearts. Best part is we all called it before game in pub and then watched it unfold.

Correct. 

Hearts stole a point in that match. It could and should have been 7-2 by the time we equalised. 

The Hamilton match at home was another shocker, 2 down after 12 minutes. 

Stendel might well have inherited a shocking squad but he made it worse. 

5 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Somebody started a thread on him. Agree, he looked the part today. Very switched on player for such a young guy. 

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Correct. 

Hearts stole a point in that match. It could and should have been 7-2 by the time we equalised. 

Are you for real we should of lost the game 7-2? 😂😂, he was schooled by Tommy Wright is that what you are both saying, now think this one through carefully, I take it you are both pro Robbie?. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

The best time to analyse a game is usually after it's finished. What's your take?

I think we can comment on a game while it is being played. Anyway my take is that it was not a great performance and we need to do better if we are to win this league as comfortably as we should. But a decent result and three welcome points. And signs that in Irving Ginnely the debutant and one or two others we have a few who can contribute to a decent squad for the top flight next season .

Jambof3tornado

2-1 would have flattered alloa big time. So glad we got the 3rd. Frear goal was a tidy finish but thought him and roberts offered very little once again. Didnt notice halliday which means he did his job efficiently. Irving decent. Henderson needs to do more with the game time he gets on the park. Berra brain fart almost cost us but all in all a good 3 points.

On 14/01/2021 at 16:33, MTS1874 said:

0-3 away win, Naismith, Ginnely and Irving.

2 out of three ain't bad ..all a bit Meatloaf

12 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Correct. 

Yep.

Weakened Offender
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Are you for real we should of lost the game 7-2? 😂😂, he was schooled by Tommy Wright is that what you are both saying, now think this one through carefully, I take it you are both pro Robbie?. 

If you were at that match and didn't think Saints ran riot in the second half then you should  give up watching football. 

6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

If you were at that match and didn't think Saints ran riot in the second half then you should  give up watching football. 

Your some slaver, schooled by Tommy Wright😂😂, what's your thoughts on this? 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35792103&ved=2ahUKEwi7xOjEk6HuAhXytHEKHeZzD_oQFjABegQIDxAB&usg=AOvVaw0qvW2w20I4IgoGwWVOwqDU

Edited by Bongo 1874

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Doing just about enough to win the Championship isn't enough.

Need to be looking at avoiding coming straight back down again the year after and unless this pitiful squad is very seriously strengthened over the close season that's a distinct possibility.

We are so pish in every area of the team.

Said about the team that is unbeaten in 240 minutes against 2 top 4 SPL teams this season...

🙄

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Can never get these streams to load even when using digibit adblocker. Just says technical difficulties

Yeah it was a nightmare, I eventually got in on the one Nano shared. Strange it wasn’t on hesgoal. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Ha ha 

Roberts would have gone for the back pass and probably been intercepted.

Night and day when Ginnelly came on.

Pray he stays fit, him and GMS could be good to watch.

🙏🤞

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Deserved win but in fairness, we should be dicking on Alloa in the Championship. They are wank.

The only consolation of demotion is that we dropped down into a league as weak as I can ever remember it. There’s not a single decent team to compete with us.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

i feared the worst when it happened though. Needless

Walker's constant fouling really grating me.

Walker just his usual self, good ball for the first goal but should’ve scored. 

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, Boof said:

Was that just around the centre circle? If it was I never noticed the booking but the fouls looked identical on the stream I had. Either both fouls or both not.

Thought the ref didn't have a brilliant game - from what I saw.

Yeah that they scored from? Ref was ok from what the less than perfect camera work showed. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

i feared the worst when it happened though. Needless

Walker's constant fouling really grating me.

Many of them needless, stupid even.

42 minutes ago, Tynehead said:

Neilson's job is to manage the squad we have, not some mythical imaginations of some contributors to this forum.  Today he did that, have a look back at some of the comments about team selection at around 1.50pm.   We won away from home 3-1.  Some parts of the game and the performances of some players deserve adverse comment but the coaching staff called it correctly, we managed the game had most of the possession created enough chances to win two away games and protected certain players in the squad from that horrendous playing surface. Well done Robbie and the squad good result.

Easily pleased, that’s cool.

Pasquale for King

Apologies if it’s been shared already, 15 seconds in someone shouts “there’s your ****ing meficine” 😆🥰

Just now, colinmaroon said:

It’s like he’s got a point to prove. It just ends up with us giving away fouls in dodgy areas. He looks way, way off his best tbh 

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

It was a free kick that was punted high and looped in.   The defence failed to deal with it.   A mixture of them and the midfield not getting it clear.   Should have been headered away initially. 

Many thanks.  We need a good central defender. Hopefully Souttar will be back soon,   Berra is unfortunately well past it.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Quite possibly one of the thickest footballers ever, and one of the most frustrating. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Apologies if it’s been shared already, 15 seconds in someone shouts “there’s your ****ing meficine” 😆🥰

Class

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s marvellous 😀

Pasquale for King
Just now, GinRummy said:

It’s like he’s got a point to prove. It just ends up with us giving away fouls in dodgy areas. He looks way, way off his best tbh 

The picture was that bad I wanted him to go off then realised GMS was on what looked like three miles away on the far side. 

18 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

2-1 would have flattered alloa big time. So glad we got the 3rd. Frear goal was a tidy finish but thought him and roberts offered very little once again. Didnt notice halliday which means he did his job efficiently. Irving decent. Henderson needs to do more with the game time he gets on the park. Berra brain fart almost cost us but all in all a good 3 points.

What I've seen of Henderson, he seems like a one-trick pony.  Push the ball past defender and run and either he's not fast enough, certainly compared to G or MS, and twice in last few games through one on one on the keeper and very predictable low shots comfortably saved.  He had time to shape it over the keeper on both occasions.  Certainly doesn't look like an instinctive finisher.

1 hour ago, Jamdub said:

I think at a very early stage that he thought that Berra had to be moved on and is the reason that he went on loan to that horrible mob Dundee.

What has gone wrong with Berra? Is it just pace?

The man was brilliant for us first time round. He  has played in the EPL and has multiple Scotland caps. More often than not defenders can play at a top level longer than most. 

Didn't see the game but very happy with the result. More comfortable than I thought, particularly after clocking the starting XI. 

Great bench, though, and that's why the rest can't/won't catch us.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah that they scored from? Ref was ok from what the less than perfect camera work showed. 

Certainly late on. Ref was ok but no better than that, which is probably as much as we can hope for.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Deserved win but in fairness, we should be dicking on Alloa in the Championship. They are wank.

The only consolation of demotion is that we dropped down into a league as weak as I can ever remember it. There’s not a single decent team to compete with us.

Finding we are of similar mind all the time. 

Must be getting more cynical in my old age 

19 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I was there and it was unreal that second half. We went in 2-1 up and then second half St Johnstone absolutely pummelled us and could have scored 5/6 easily in one half of football. We absolutely stole a point. After that game stendel should have realised the system he was trying wouldn’t work. We the played Killie at home and the exact same happens!!! He was terribly naive. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, poultry said:

Class

There was certainly no love lose between the dug outs, no commentary is good for that 😆. I think if I had opened the window I could’ve heard Peter Grant shouting. 

49 minutes ago, Whatever said:

He’s justified in his team selection because we won.

We all thought it was strange but none of us are paid what Neilson is to manage Heart of Midlothian.

Had he started say Naismith/Boyce/Ginelly on that pitch today and 2 of the 3 got injured, ruling them out for the next 3 (very important) fixtures, there would be a tonne of criticism heading Neilsons way right about now.

He picked a team to win the match and we did.

He did and well done for that but in my opinion he pisses about with formations and players 

Hearts best team in league yes 

Celtic Rangers best in SPL do they change formation 

do Barcelona Liverpool etc no 

He over thinks and worries too much about the opposition 

just my opinion 

49 minutes ago, airthjambo said:

2 centre backs needed asap imo

Have to agree, Halkett just doesn't fill me with confidence.