*** Official Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ***

Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The way it reads is that you’re blaming him for our demotion. As well as Pereira and the cavalier tactics, and just as importantly imo, he inherited a group of players who quite often just couldn’t be arsed. They couldn’t be arsed under Levein, McPhee and Stendel alike. 

I only do so because of Bongo, tbh.

If you were to check back I wanted and supported Stendel.

His appointment was disastrous however. Levein Budge and Stendel all played their part.

Neilson is only here now because of their failures.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

St mirren game was the worst

Hibs game was good tho!

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't think anyone blames Stendel for relegating us and certainly not alone. Not seen that once on here.

But, he was pretty shite in his short time here.

Certainly the way it reads to me. People jumping all over DS despite him being denied the opportunity to keep us up through plain old skullduggery. He’s gone and it’s over for me but i think folk are going well overboard (😀) in theory criticism of Stendel mainly just because bongo won’t shut up about him. He was swimming against the tide from the start though. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Neilson inherited most of the same players. And has done a much better job with them in a shorter time. We're not quite cruising but we're definitely in calmer waters with a competent captain at the helm. Our course looks good and with the wind behind us we should get to our destination.

We’re in the championship ffs... and it’s clear most of these clowns still aren’t good enough...

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Wasn't worth £1.20 never mind 12 quid. 

Hope they were relishing a wee bonus....and got enough to replace office rich tea with a discounted tin off foostie xmas shortbread.

2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

St mirren game was the worst

No worse than the two st Johnstone games. One under McPhee and earlier under Levein. Three managers ending up with very similar abject performances 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Jambomb said:

We’re in the championship ffs... and it’s clear most of these clowns still aren’t good enough...

Won 3-1 away today and we're well clear at the top so there's that. Neilson must be some sort of managerial genius to get 3 goals/game, beat Hibs and take Celtic to the wire with all these clowns.

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No worse than the two st Johnstone games. One under McPhee and earlier under Levein. Three managers ending up with very similar abject performances 

To be honest we all stood in 2 stands at Perth and watched Stendel get "schooled" by someone most considered not good enough for Hearts. Best part is we all called it before game in pub and then watched it unfold.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Missed the game today but the BBC stats had us something like 63% posession and 13 shots on target when I looked at around the 80min mark. Doesn't look too bad to me, but we all know what Ebbe Skovdhal said about stats. 

Still of the opinion we need a new CB this window. 

6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I only do so because of Bongo, tbh.

If you were to check back I wanted and supported Stendel.

His appointment was disastrous however. Levein Budge and Stendel all played their part.

Neilson is only here now because of their failures.

I do agree. I don’t actually give a **** about Stendel any more if I’m honest. Peace. 

Edited by GinRummy

Maroon Sailor
33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, so it' s not like having an extra Point, it's like  having a better goal difference.... grrrr

I hate the phrase- "it's like an extra point". It' s ****ing not!

It makes me angry when pundits use it as well. Makes me want to set things on fire.

It is like an extra point 

If Hearts are on the same points as Dunfermline and Dundee who would be top of the league with the goal difference as it is now ?

1986 should tell you all you need to know about goal difference.

I don’t know what’s worse, dragging the Stendal chat up all the time or the behaviour of some of the keyboard hard men and Uber fans on here.

The truth is that no one will know if DS would have kept us up last season. He inherited a squad that was half fit and couldn’t play the way he wanted to play. He made mistakes which cost us points and our place in Premiership. He wasn’t in charge of the pandemic or the way we were dealt with by the SFA so it’s a great unknown.

RN’s acid test will be in the summer (assuming we get promoted and by that I mean null and void) as he has half a squad to replace and how we approach top flight.

The behaviour though of some of the Uber fans on here and name calling is quite frankly childish and unnecessary. Were there concerns about the team especially considering how poor we have been away from home, yes. Did we win. Yes. Was it a great game to watch. Absolutely not but it’s 3 points and sometimes you do have to win ugly. Telling people to go and take their face for a s***e and other abusive comments to some posters is disgusting. 

6 minutes ago, Jambomb said:

They’re good enough for the championship though. That’s why we are winning it. Changes and plans to change have happened and are going to happen. Most of the big signings will be in the summer I’d think but I’d doubt anybody at the club is seriously considering letting some of the dross feature next season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I do agree. I don’t actually give a **** about Stendel any more if I’m honest. Peace. 

It says a lot about Stendel's personality that I still really like him and would even be quite interested in seeing how he could do with us in more normal times, despite the mess he made of keeping us up.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The booking for Irvine was a joke, he just let an identical challenge go seconds before it. 

Was that just around the centre circle? If it was I never noticed the booking but the fouls looked identical on the stream I had. Either both fouls or both not.

Thought the ref didn't have a brilliant game - from what I saw.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

They’re good enough for the championship though. That’s why we are winning it. Changes and plans to change have happened and are going to happen. Most of the big signings will be in the summer I’d think but I’d doubt anybody at the club is seriously considering letting some of the dross feature next season. 

Just not a fair comparison to Stendal 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

It says a lot about Stendel's personality that I still really like him and would even be quite interested in seeing how he could do with us in more normal times, despite the mess he made of keeping us up.

He was a likeable guy. No doubt about that. The whole thing was just so strange in so many ways. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Agreed. Im sick and tide of these puns.

:sweeet:

Yeah, I'm Ferry sick of them too.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I suspect he’ll go on to manage at a high level than Robbie but wrong time etc... just hope we are learning our lessons at last... 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It is like an extra point 

If Hearts are on the same points as Dunfermline and Dundee who would be top of the league with the goal difference as it is now ?

1986 should tell you all you need to know about goal difference.

Aye, and if we actually had an extra point we would have won it!

It's not like having an extra point, especially at this early stage of the season, it's what it is, having a better goal difference. 

19 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Wasn't worth £1.20 never mind 12 quid. 

Thankfully a stream that was posted on here worked for me, I would have a hard time with sending any money to that club regardless of how we played!

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Certainly the way it reads to me. People jumping all over DS despite him being denied the opportunity to keep us up through plain old skullduggery. He’s gone and it’s over for me but i think folk are going well overboard (😀) in theory criticism of Stendel mainly just because bongo won’t shut up about him. He was swimming against the tide from the start though. 

I liked him, I think he could have kept us up and given a full summer and transfer window- who knows.

All if's and buts tho.

Stendel taken us to the one place that we thought under cl was impossible-  he made us worse and taken us from 11th to 12th.

We move on under Robbie.

Unsure why Bongo has a hard-on for him.

Never watched game so can’t comment on performance but I was stunned at the lineup 

Neilson just pisses about too much with lineups 

play the best 11 every week it’s simple 

13 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

To be honest we all stood in 2 stands at Perth and watched Stendel get "schooled" by someone most considered not good enough for Hearts. Best part is we all called it before game in pub and then watched it unfold.

Are you talking about Tommy Wright, what game are you referring to?. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Yep.  Win those 3 and it’ll take a miracle for us to throw it away. 

A miracle..... Or unforseen circumstances.... 🙄

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Another terrible take. We were more threatening in the second half. It also wasn't hard fought at all. It was very comfortable.

Until they got their goal.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, and if we actually had an extra point we would have won it!

It's not like having an extra point, especially at this early stage of the season, it's what it is, having a better goal difference. 

Feck me - Celtic won it and never had an extra point !

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Feck me - Celtic won it and never had an extra point !

Aye, they won it on goal difference. 

Brighton Jambo
38 minutes ago, Cade said:

Doing just about enough to win the Championship isn't enough.

Need to be looking at avoiding coming straight back down again the year after and unless this pitiful squad is very seriously strengthened over the close season that's a distinct possibility.

We are so pish in every area of the team.

Sorry but that’s just total nonsense.

Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Haring, GMS, Naismith (maybe as a squad player) Boyce are all capable or playing in a top four PL team.

I suspect Ginnelly is also if we can keep him and Halliday is a solid experienced pro with Irving being very promising.  

We need a couple of centre half’s and strengthening in midfield but to say we are in danger of coming straight back down is rubbish as our performances against Celtic and Hibs demonstrate, and that’s before we strengthen further.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I get a little bit of movement thinking about they two playing together.

🤣 steady!

2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Never watched game so can’t comment on performance but I was stunned at the lineup 

Neilson just pisses about too much with lineups 

play the best 11 every week it’s simple 

He’s justified in his team selection because we won.

We all thought it was strange but none of us are paid what Neilson is to manage Heart of Midlothian.

Had he started say Naismith/Boyce/Ginelly on that pitch today and 2 of the 3 got injured, ruling them out for the next 3 (very important) fixtures, there would be a tonne of criticism heading Neilsons way right about now.

He picked a team to win the match and we did.

14 minutes ago, Jambomb said:

Neilson's job is to manage the squad we have, not some mythical imaginations of some contributors to this forum.  Today he did that, have a look back at some of the comments about team selection at around 1.50pm.   We won away from home 3-1.  Some parts of the game and the performances of some players deserve adverse comment but the coaching staff called it correctly, we managed the game had most of the possession created enough chances to win two away games and protected certain players in the squad from that horrendous playing surface. Well done Robbie and the squad good result.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, they won it on goal difference. 

Worth an extra point then

Thanks for playing 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣 steady!

Boycey up top, Naismith behind, Irving picking the passes, Halliday kicking and spitting on folk... 

:shockio:

22 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Missed the game today but the BBC stats had us something like 63% posession and 13 shots on target when I looked at around the 80min mark. Doesn't look too bad to me, but we all know what Ebbe Skovdhal said about stats. 

Still of the opinion we need a new CB this window. 

2 centre backs needed asap imo

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Worth an extra point then

Thanks for playing 

Nah, points, a point  worth more than gd. 

Simples. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Shit. Bang goes ma Pick A Mix.

Lovely, guys.  A bit of light relief.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Boycey up top, Naismith behind, Irving picking the passes, Halliday kicking and spitting on folk... 

:shockio:

Go and have a cuppa tea and a lie down, for gods sake! 😂😂😂

Jambo in Bathgate
39 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

The Stendel ship has sailed, shut the **** up about him for **** sake!

Stendel’s system was great against Rangers twice because they came to Tynecastle to win and hibs once. Unfortunately he didn’t address the goalkeeper situation. He’s gone. Let’s keep the momentum going in this league and ensure we stay top.