*** Official Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ***

Pasquale for King

been here before
33 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Yep.  Gordon had **** all to do really.

Robbie seen more about who is up to the standards.   Roberts hopefully released by the end of the January window now.

3-1 in the record books and 3 points on the 2020-21 league table.

2 decent saves from Berra pass backs.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Why are you even quoting me 😂😂 

I hope mods pick up on your insults because your cleary stalking me yah freak. 

I'm entitled to my opinion. 

And others are entitled to call you out on it. You said it was a hard fought game today. It was anything but. It was a bit of a snooze-fest in fact, totally comfortable.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

I'm not a whinger but I can see beyond the result.  Take away Ginnelly's stoppage time shot into an empty goal and as usual we made life difficult for ourselves.  Should have been out of sight in the second half on chances created,  but their goal when down to ten men put pressure on us - does that ring any bells?

IMO Walker should be told NOT to venture into our half when the opposition team is attacking.  He cannot defend and invariably fouls to put us under pressure.  It was a result of his slackness (and Ginnelly's too for that matter) that gave them their goal.  He's a laiabilty unless going forward.

Our inability to turn scoring chances into goals and the need for a big clinical striker was exposed today.  And when are we going to see the real Boyce?

However to appease  the happy clappers, Robbie got his selection just right.

Passive aggressive post of the year.

Starts of like some kind of visionary, manages to make refence to the hibs cup game which in makes folk doubt Robbie and think about that, rips a player he clearly doesn't like (Walker) and to top it off has a go at folk being happy when we are winning. 

Fair doos tho, it was done in a balanced and subtle way, it really was.

I'd have taken our points tally and goal difference at this point before a ball was kicked this season. We were never going to win every game without the occasional bump in the road. There are issues that need addressing, but that's true of any team in any league. 

It's all about maintaining first place. A good day's work in any circumstances in all honesty.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

That was like asking Stendel to save the Titanic after it hit the iceberg!

Not having it.

Stendel thought he was above it. Thought he could come here and play Christophe Berra 45 yards from that Portuguese dick in goals and all would work out. Because he was Daniel Stendel working in Scotland.

He was a disaster. An utter disaster.

Tommy ****in Wright would have made a far better fist of it.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

More like we were heading for an iceberg and Stendel put a blind man in charge of steering the ship.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

2 decent saves from Berra pass backs.

Yeah.  He still gives me the fear.

A new CB better be near the top of the shopping list.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Why are you even quoting me 😂😂 

I hope mods pick up on your insults because your cleary stalking me yah freak. 

I'm entitled to my opinion. 

As sure as night follows day. Gets clamped and goes running to the Mods.

Cry me a river Bongo 😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Transfer news Liam? 

We're working on a striker from the English Championship, you'll obviously know who 👍

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Bit of credit due to Halliday as well. He does the more unspectacular work, but him and Irving seem to be getting a decent understanding. Playing as team mates not individuals, something we’ve not seen at Hearts for a few years. 

I agree - think he's made a difference to our midfield - much more solid now - get Haring back as well and we will be very strong there

Just now, Whatever said:

Clamped at what your the one that reported me last time yah grass😁

Just now, Whatever said:

Cries about you yet follows me about the place as I dared call him out for the slaver that he is. I'll be reporting him. Again.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

More like we were heading for an iceberg and Stendel put a blind man in charge of steering the ship.

If only we hadn’t wasted nearly two seasons before that, when it was very obviously broken. 

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Not having it.

Stendel thought he was above it. Thought he could come here and play Christophe Berra 45 yards from that Portuguese dick in goals and all would work out. Because he was Daniel Stendel working in Scotland.

First time we have agreed, three points helps mind.

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Not having it.

I think at a very early stage that he thought that Berra had to be moved on and is the reason that he went on loan to that horrible mob Dundee.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

When he left last time I think other team/s had game/s in hand (Aberdeen?) but yes, very good league position.

But - you must accept that a large section of fans wanted him gone despite this. There were reasons for this.

Take us forward? - I want us to look as though we want to win games. I want our team to be motivated. I simply dont see that from RN's teams.

He may have improved but todays team selection was horrendous (Yes, I know the result). I am not sure he is learning from past mistakes.

You seem genuinely concerned so I'll answer politely.

Your posts are contradictory and imo make no sense to me.

Very good league position last time and the best he can do this time but you don't think he can take us forward?

According to folk on here it was a very  small, but noisy minority that wanted him gone. 

We have won 9/11 in the league, motivated... did you see us come back from 2-0 v Celtic and try our hardest.

The team selection cannot be horrendous if the result was good, that is not possible. It really isn't. You are being silly with that comment.

What mistakes?

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Not having it.

Totally this.

pettigrewsstylist
5 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Yeah.  He still gives me the fear.

A new CB better be near the top of the shopping list.

No defence for him if it isnt tbh.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

TBH he hit the iceberg, if the Iceberg was automatic relegation.

When he taken over as Captain we were on course to narrowly miss the iceberg, he turned us into it. The league table does not lie. However much you hate CL, Stendel taken us from 2nd bottom to 4 points adrift at the bottom, that is a fact. 

1 minute ago, Jamdub said:

I think at a very early stage that he thought that Berra had to be moved on and is the reason that he went on loan to that horrible mob Dundee.

I could have highlighted many many mistakes that were made by Daniel Stendel during his time at the club.

Asking our defence to play such a high line was merely one. Playing that dick in goals was another.

Point stands. Daniel Stendel thought he could turn water into wine.

Staggering arrogance that put us where we are.

Just now, Whatever said:

I could have highlighted many many mistakes that were made by Daniel Stendel during his time at the club.

Asking our defence to play such a high line was merely one. Playing that dick in goals was another.

The problems didn’t begin when Stendel started. Therefore his arrogance is not the only reason we are where we are. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

TBH he hit the iceberg, if the Iceberg was automatic relegation.

When he taken over as Captain we were on course to narrowly miss the iceberg, he turned us into it. The league table does not lie. However much you hate CL, Stendel taken us from 2nd bottom to 4 points adrift at the bottom, that is a fact. 

Missed your reply!

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Jamie Walker Tash said:

The Stendel ship has sailed, shut the **** up about him for **** sake!

The marine references are flooding in now.

Guest ToqueJambo

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If only we hadn’t wasted nearly two seasons before that, when it was very obviously broken. 

All our best players were broken most of the time that's for sure and Levein couldn't fix it. Unlike Levein though Stendel didn't have to rely on Steven McLean up front for a season because everyone else was injured. He had Boyce, Walker, Naismith, Washington and Uche to choose from and made a total mess of using them properly. All in the past though, thank christ we have a good manager again finally.

adambraejambo

I won the league cup twice in 5 years with Hearts in Fm2014 edition so know what it takes. I say we just get behind our manager and trust his decisions. If we get up then it job done. Who cares how we win a game. That's what got us in this division in the 1st place. After Cathro/Levein/McPhee and Stendel we have a manager who knows how to get results more often than not. What more do people want. We could win every other game this season scoring 95 goals and some would say we should have got over 100 . 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye it was the comfortable they had a man sent off and still scored against us,gees peace 🙄

Aye we were 2-0 up when that happened and we managed to score a 3rd after.

Comfortable win.

Thanks for agreeing.

Doing just about enough to win the Championship isn't enough.

Need to be looking at avoiding coming straight back down again the year after and unless this pitiful squad is very seriously strengthened over the close season that's a distinct possibility.

We are so pish in every area of the team.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye we were 2-0 up when that happened and we managed to score a 3rd after.

Comfortable win.

Thanks for agreeing.

Ok tosh 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

I think you might find that the damage had been well and truly done before Stendel arrived and he was put in a pretty impossible position and then our corrupt organisation headed by the biggest waste of skin and oxygen scumbag Doncaster and his cartel did the durty.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The problems didn’t begin when Stendel started. Therefore his arrogance is not the only reason we are where we are. 

I never said he was the only reason.

I’ve highlighted what he had to do to ensure we weren’t playing Championship football this season.

He failed. Miserably.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

All our best players were broken most of the time that's for sure and Levein couldn't fix it. Unlike Levein though Stendel didn't have to rely on Steven McLean up front for a season because everyone else was injured. He had Boyce, Walker, Naismith, Washington and Uche to choose from and made a total mess of using them properly. All in the past though, thank christ we have a good manager again finally.

Unlike Levein Stendel didn’t have the time to fix it either. He made serious mistakes but was denied the opportunity to keep us up by cheating and inherited a bunch of unfit, poorly motivated players who are thankfully being slowly replaced. Blaming Stendel and Stendel alone for us going down is downright lazy. 

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Watched the game - a very controlled performance and we should have been more clinical in the 2nd half so we didn’t have an uncomfortable couple of minutes at the end - hope I’m not a plumb fir saying so!

Got to be!   But then there are plumbs and there are plumbs!

For decades I watched teams like Jock Stein's Celtic come to Tynecastle and we played well, Celtic had to dig in, and individual brilliance undid us.

Can you imagine what this place would have been like when we lost to Clyde in 57-58?  

Walker OOT!!!

Just now, Jamdub said:

I think you might find that the damage had been well and truly done before Stendel arrived and he was put in a pretty impossible position and then our corrupt organisation headed by the biggest waste of skin and oxygen scumbag Doncaster and his cartel did the durty.

There was a lot of damage done but it’s a damning indictment on Stendels appointment that we’d have likely stood a better chance of remaining in the Premiership had Craig Levein remained in position.

Or appointed Tommy ****in Wright.

15 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Can we not put the Stendel chat to bed?   It’s history.

This, it's as boring as feck now. 

Just now, Whatever said:

I never said he was the only reason.

I’ve highlighted what he had to do to ensure we weren’t playing Championship football this season.

He failed. Miserably.

The way it reads is that you’re blaming him for our demotion. As well as Pereira and the cavalier tactics, and just as importantly imo, he inherited a group of players who quite often just couldn’t be arsed. They couldn’t be arsed under Levein, McPhee and Stendel alike. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Unlike Levein Stendel didn’t have the time to fix it either. He made serious mistakes but was denied the opportunity to keep us up by cheating and inherited a bunch of unfit, poorly motivated players who are thankfully being slowly replaced. Blaming Stendel and Stendel alone for us going down is downright lazy. 

Don't think anyone blames Stendel for relegating us and certainly not alone. Not seen that once on here.

But, he was pretty shite in his short time here.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, GinRummy said:

Who's blaming Stendel alone. Ultimately he was in charge at the time and had the tools and time to fix it. Levein did massively fail, but he initially did fix Cathro's broken team, then all his players got injured after a great start. Then he tried to fix it by signing what everyone agreed was a good set of players before 19/20 and again over half of them got injured. He basically could never play the team he signed, maybe just a handful of games. Stendel had the players to get out of that fix. It's true though the momentum was all down the way so it was a tough ask but he should have done much better than he did. Not dropping the goalie alone was a critical error that ultimately led to us being demoted.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

I think we've went overboard on this topic.

Yes, I think we should " wave" good bye to it.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The way it reads is that you’re blaming him for our demotion. As well as Pereira and the cavalier tactics, and just as importantly imo, he inherited a group of players who quite often just couldn’t be arsed. They couldn’t be arsed under Levein, McPhee and Stendel alike. 

Neilson inherited most of the same players. And has done a much better job with them in a shorter time. We're not quite cruising but we're definitely in calmer waters with a competent captain at the helm. Our course looks good and with the wind behind us we should get to our destination.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Wonder what the uptake was on their £12 rip off ppv.

Wasn't worth £1.20 never mind 12 quid. 

58 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

He has a real energy about him,  love his reaction when he loses the ball,   we’ve been badly lacking this attitude and desire by the other wingers.   Great to see and looking forward to seeing more from GMS and Gino.....night and day to Frear and Roberts. 

Yep! Good players ALWAYS want the ball. GMS and Gino (dodging injuries) will be big players for us IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't think anyone blames Stendel for relegating us and certainly not alone. Not seen that once on here.

But, he was pretty shite in his short time here.

St mirren game was the worst

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who's blaming Stendel alone. Ultimately he was in charge at the time and had the tools and time to fix it. Levein did massively fail, but he initially did fix Cathro's broken team, then all his players got injured after a great start. Then he tried to fix it by signing what everyone agreed was a good set of players before 19/20 and again over half of them got injured. He basically could never play the team he signed, maybe just a handful of games. Stendel had the players to get out of that fix. It's true though the momentum was all down the way so it was a tough ask but he should have done much better than he did. Not dropping the goalie alone was a critical error that ultimately led to us being demoted.

All stendel had to do was keep us second bottom, he didn't need to take us into the top 6 or do anything that CL should have done, he literally just had to keep us second bottom at worse.

He couldn't even do that, but aye some want him over Robbie, a manager that couldn't even keep us as shit as CL had us.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep! Good players ALWAYS want the ball. GMS and Gino (dodging injuries) will be big players for us IMO. 

I get a little bit of movement thinking about they two playing together.