• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

1 hour ago, JamTarts98 said:

Can you post examples please.

There are so many. Ridiculous! I've just had to check the league positions to check that this is Hearts we are talking about. Well done Robbie.

Decent result and the two first half goals were excellent.

Really not enjoying Berra and Walker much this season. Hard to believe how far they've fallen.

When this season is wrapped, they should be two of the first to be thanked and moved on. Two of the many.

John Gentleman
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Cheers.

Good finishes from our players.

Their red was harsh.

Comical moment was Elliot Frear's attempt to celebrate only for Walker not to hold him as he jumped. Poor from Walker, much like his finishing.

Another comical moment was Alloa's goalkeeper. He had absolutely no intention of running back up that pitch. Not quickly anyway.

13 hours ago, Whatever said:

He’s justified in his team selection because we won.

We all thought it was strange but none of us are paid what Neilson is to manage Heart of Midlothian.

Had he started say Naismith/Boyce/Ginelly on that pitch today and 2 of the 3 got injured, ruling them out for the next 3 (very important) fixtures, there would be a tonne of criticism heading Neilsons way right about now.

He picked a team to win the match and we did.

I agree that the ends justify the means but I don’t agree we should be resting players in case they get injured. That’s a risk we always take and can happen at any time, even during training. 

If you’re talking about plastic pitches then will we be without those players for 6 away games (plus the Cup) next season at Killie, Hamilton and Livvy. That’s a huge chunk of the season. 

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I agree that the ends justify the means but I don’t agree we should be resting players in case they get injured. That’s a risk we always take and can happen at any time, even during training. 

If you’re talking about plastic pitches then will we be without those players for 6 away games (plus the Cup) next season at Killie, Hamilton and Livvy. That’s a huge chunk of the season. 

You’ve got to imagine the squad will be strong enough next season that we can rotate the squad without selecting utter dross. Even if it’s not, the quality of opposition will be better so I doubt if RN will feel he is able to do that. 

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

You’ve got to imagine the squad will be string enough next season that we can rotate the squad without selecting utter dross. Even if it’s not, the quality of opposition will be better so I doubt if RN will feel he is able to do that. 

I don’t want us to rotate the squad, except for injuries or loss of form. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

When you’ve got three games a week back to back you can’t expect to play Naismith (as an example) every minute of every game. I’m a believer in starting with your best 11 and planning to take certain players off later in the game but as we both know that sometimes just doesn’t happen and the player(s) end up having to stay on. 

13 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

All stendel had to do was keep us second bottom, he didn't need to take us into the top 6 or do anything that CL should have done, he literally just had to keep us second bottom at worse.

He couldn't even do that, but aye some want him over Robbie, a manager that couldn't even keep us as shit as CL had us.

People just seem to remember the St Mirren game ( which was awful) but their is a big difference in the two situations. Stendel came into the club to take over a team struggling for form in the top division, he wasn’t afforded his preferred assistants until a couple of months down the line, no sporting director was in place to assist with transfers during a January transfer window and a couple of loans were awful and we struggled at times. Up until the St Mirren game I was still confident he could turn it round and start afresh with a summer window and time to implement his style of play , well never know what would have happened so time to move on. Robbie on the other hand has taken over a team over the summer with plenty time to prepare for playing in a lower division. Had all his assistants beside him from the start, seems to have been backed on the transfer front, now with assistance from a sporting director. Let’s just  hope we go up this season and we can judge him and his style of play in the top division.  The two situations are completely different but time to move on and hopefully we’re all back inside a packed Tynie roaring on an attacking football team at the right end of the premier league next season. 

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

My Dundee United supporting work colleague used to moan about how even after they had all but won the league cause they were so far in front Neilson would always pick the same team even after they had lost a few games towards the end. 

Would never give youngsters a go and always stuck with same players that never performed the week before. 

Must be a hearts thing that you have to change the team every week 

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I know, I think my phone has Covid it kept popping up telling me about viruses 😆
I didn’t want to come out of it so left it on there through HT until FT. Not many away games left that we will have to suffer this for though thankfully. 

🤣🤣 as a side note, were Alloa really charging folk to watch that?? I hope not but even their own fans must be desperate to part with a penny for what was effectively someone operating a camcorder from the back of the stand!

Ex member of the SaS

Right lets get this straight. A win is a win and it's good to see us well in front as you never know when they might call the leagues. However that is papering over the cracks. Nearly 50% of this squad in nowhere near good enough for Hearts. We are paying Premiership wages to guys that would struggle at Bonnyrigg rose.

The old saying a good team wins when playing badly, but there is a difference in playing badly and not trying.

Is it tactics or just the players? 

The game yesterday saw a first half where we were utter dire for the first 30 minutes or so, but when you point it out the PHM jump on and call everyone a Hobbo. Many hardly ever post but suddenly they are the voice of KB.  

Well I am glad you are happy to watch performances like that first half and will enjoy another season in the Championship when we fail next season in the top flight. Personally I want to see players who are taking good money at least earn their bucks.

No, we won't win every game and I can take a loss, what I can't take is professional players not trying.

So onwards and up-wards, just wish Robbie wouldn't give these teams so much respect.

8 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

still can't see report on the BBC

Going by the QotS Arbroath one (5 sentences masquerading as paragraphs) it wouldn’t be worth reading.

The first 30 minutes were awful but the last 60 were a lot better.

issue for many was that the starting lineup was a second string with some players who have had repeated chances but failed to perform.

we won the game 3-1 as we should given our resources and quality of player.  But with the triple header against Raith and Dunfermline coming up I’d be amazed if he listed that starting eleven again for these matches.

2 minutes ago, Bootzilla said:

Going by the QotS Arbroath one (5 sentences masquerading as paragraphs) it wouldn’t be worth reading.

Is it coincidence Chic Dung is the reporter

34 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Right lets get this straight. A win is a win and it's good to see us well in front as you never know when they might call the leagues. However that is papering over the cracks. Nearly 50% of this squad in nowhere near good enough for Hearts. We are paying Premiership wages to guys that would struggle at Bonnyrigg rose.

The old saying a good team wins when playing badly, but there is a difference in playing badly and not trying.

The game yesterday saw a first half where we were utter dire for the first 30 minutes or so, but when you point it out the PHM jump on and call everyone a Hobbo. Many hardly ever post but suddenly they are the voice of KB.  

Well I am glad you are happy to watch performances like that first half and will enjoy another season in the Championship when we fail next season in the top flight. Personally I want to see players who are taking good money at least earn their bucks.

No, we won't win every game and I can take a loss, what I can't take is professional players not trying.

So onwards and up-wards, just wish Robbie wouldn't give these teams so much respect.

Well said 👏👏

I sometimes wonder if some of our fans watched us under Robbie for the last year and a bit of his last stint.

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The man claims he was ince a journalist, so why not just write a report from the website as well as his radio summary?  

He probably thinks he's too much of a 'personality' for that.  

It's not just the spfl and sfa that need a clear out, it's bbc sports Scotland. 

They've got davie irons daughter as the main sports reporter on the tv but hasn't worked as a journalist in her life. 

So glad I don't pay a penny of their wages.   

highlandjambo3
12 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Chick....😂😂....every time I hear that name I have an impression of an old glesga Jake-ball 50+ (nearer 60).........crease down the front of his jeans....White Fred Perry top, white trainers (never been in a gym or ramped up to a speed above 2mph), gold chain, stud in the ear.......only in glesga.

14 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Well said 👏👏

I sometimes wonder if some of our fans watched us under Robbie for the last year and a bit of his last stint.

The other guy was probably still a member of the SAS at the time.  What's your excuse for missing it?

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

More hobos on here than Hearts fans, great to see

Hobos ? All I saw yesterday was good Hearts men, lots of them, concerned about a team selection where our 4 best players were on the bench. As it turns out the concerns were unfounded and a massively under strength starting 11 coped easily with a very poor opposition, assisted by the better players coming on later I might add

I didn’t see you posting supporting the team selection although you may have done and I haven’t checked back.

if you saw Hobos, you don’t understand people, you don’t understand football forums and you certainly don’t understand football.

if you saw hobos posing as Hearts fans, prove it, name them to the mod team and let’s get rid of them.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

You’ve got to imagine the squad will be strong enough next season that we can rotate the squad without selecting utter dross. Even if it’s not, the quality of opposition will be better so I doubt if RN will feel he is able to do that. 

This.

48 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

The man claims he was ince a journalist, so why not just write a report from the website as well as his radio summary?  

He probably thinks he's too much of a 'personality' for that.  

It's not just the spfl and sfa that need a clear out, it's bbc sports Scotland. 

They've got davie irons daughter as the main sports reporter on the tv but hasn't worked as a journalist in her life. 

So glad I don't pay a penny of their wages.   

I think it’s obvious the quality of the journalist or pundit (which was poor anyway) has been sacrificed to let women do it.

The quality of women’s football is horrendous. You wouldn’t have a retired player who has played for Bathgate Thistle analyse games based on his football career. Why let women ex- pros chat about a standard which is absolutely light years away from the level they played at?

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I think Robbie and his team are well aware of the lack of quality in his squad which of course he inherited.

He made a couple of signings that are hardly inspiring in Roberts and Frear and the latter is only on a deal until the end of the season.

The problem he faces is getting rid of the lazy ones who are for the best part on longer contracts and the challenge is how do you get rid of them as he will no doubt have to do to bring in new players.

I would imagine that Berra, White, WIghton, Moore, Frear and Damour will be top of his list to move on although he may keep Berra on a one year deal as cover.

Some of the younger players may also be moved on.

I think once Robbie has a team that he has assembled he will have a different approach to games such as yesterday's.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

However there’s plastic and there’s plastic. Alloa’s  is recognised as one of the worst in use. 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Especially when a large chunk of the squad is crap. That will change next season though.

2 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

People just seem to remember the St Mirren game ( which was awful) but their is a big difference in the two situations. Stendel came into the club to take over a team struggling for form in the top division, he wasn’t afforded his preferred assistants until a couple of months down the line, no sporting director was in place to assist with transfers during a January transfer window and a couple of loans were awful and we struggled at times. Up until the St Mirren game I was still confident he could turn it round and start afresh with a summer window and time to implement his style of play , well never know what would have happened so time to move on. Robbie on the other hand has taken over a team over the summer with plenty time to prepare for playing in a lower division. Had all his assistants beside him from the start, seems to have been backed on the transfer front, now with assistance from a sporting director. Let’s just  hope we go up this season and we can judge him and his style of play in the top division.  The two situations are completely different but time to move on and hopefully we’re all back inside a packed Tynie roaring on an attacking football team at the right end of the premier league next season. 

His inability to match his preferred tactics with the players at his disposal were obvious from game 1. Rugby Park was an embarrassing start. 

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think Robbie and his team are well aware of the lack of quality in his squad which of course he inherited.

He made a couple of signings that are hardly inspiring in Roberts and Frear and the latter is only on a deal until the end of the season.

The problem he faces is getting rid of the lazy ones who are for the best part on longer contracts and the challenge is how do you get rid of them as he will no doubt have to do to bring in new players.

I would imagine that Berra, White, WIghton, Moore, Frear and Damour will be top of his list to move on although he may keep Berra on a one year deal as cover.

I think once Robbie has a team that he has assembled he will have a different approach to games such as yesterday's.

Good post. He’s still a young manager, most of us agreed he inherited a total mess. He’s said publicly he wants to get players in and play a more attacking style. Give him time to do that. If he fails then we’ll get someone else but he’s in the seat and deserves a bit of slack from some fans. 

Did you watch the game this week? 

I’d argue Gordon, Smith, Halkett, Soutar, Kingsley, Halliday, Irving, Boyce, Naismith, GMS, are all still at the top league level. Who are the 50% that we are paying premiership wages to that wouldn’t get a game at Bonnyrigg? 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good post. He’s still a young manager, most of us agreed he inherited a total mess. He’s said publicly he wants to get players in and play a more attacking style. Give him time to do that. If he fails then we’ll get someone else but he’s in the seat and deserves a bit of slack from some fans. 

👍

41 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Hobos ? All I saw yesterday was good Hearts men, lots of them, concerned about a team selection where our 4 best players were on the bench. As it turns out the concerns were unfounded and a massively under strength starting 11 coped easily with a very poor opposition, assisted by the better players coming on later I might add

I didn’t see you posting supporting the team selection although you may have done and I haven’t checked back.

if you saw Hobos, you don’t understand people, you don’t understand football forums and you certainly don’t understand football.

if you saw hobos posing as Hearts fans, prove it, name them to the mod team and let’s get rid of them.

Agree with most of that however the manager picked the team, they won comfortably, 3 points, no key players injured on a dodgy pitch before a tough period coming up. No credit to the manager for his selection or the result given by most on here. Just the way it is sadly. Judging by some of the comments at 2pm yesterday there quite a few on here getting really excited about a possible opportunity to have a real go at the manager come 5 pm. Again, quite sad really. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Next seasons squad will be like night and day different to the current squad. 

1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

🤣🤣 as a side note, were Alloa really charging folk to watch that?? I hope not but even their own fans must be desperate to part with a penny for what was effectively someone operating a camcorder from the back of the stand!

To the annoyance of many. I paid.

The quality was perfectly fine for me on my laptop with Chrome. Can't say I had any camera work complaints.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

£12 apparently, was it not the fancy camera that’s motion sensitive, that follows the ball everywhere? Did it not follow a bald linesman up and down the touch line early in the season 😆😂?!?!

14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Good post. He was shopping in Poundland last summer. Very little money, second tier league, pandemic, league not starting to October, curtailed programme of 27 games. No decent player in their right mind would move to that. He did well to get Kingsley, Halliday and Ginelly on board. Robert’s and Frear don’t appear good enough but we won’t be paying them a lot of money. Popescu has proved in the past that he is premiership level however I suspect the move to pandemic and lockdown Scotland isn’t really helping him and wife. Tough life moving here last September given what’s gone on since. 

Really good post, totally agree. As you say, it’s not defeats, we can take a loss, it’s players apparently not caring and not putting 100% effort into games. Being outfought and outworked by smaller teams is unacceptable.

The other thing that is thrown about by the Uber fans is “self entitlement”. This is still used as we make our way in the 2nd tier which is incredible. Where do these fans feel our natural level is?

There has to be criticism where it’s merited and there are strong concerns about certain players and how we will cope as a team hopefully back in the top league next term. Again we let in a goal yesterday after the opposition were reduced to 10 men. In the last 4 games in the league we have conceded 8 goals, an average of 2 goals a game over this period, we cannot keep a clean sheet. How is this going to impact on us next season potentially against better teams? We need to improve massively and leaves a lot to be done in the close season. But according to some fans the garden is rosy.

6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

The quality was perfectly fine for me on my laptop with Chrome. Can't say I had any camera work complaints.

No issues either other than very amateurish and biased commentary but then that’s what I expected. 

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

His inability to match his preferred tactics with the players at his disposal were obvious from game 1. Rugby Park was an embarrassing start. 

He seemed to be able to match his tactics against Rangers & Hibs at Easter road. With regards tactics you could already level that against Robbie for Dunfermline, Dundee & Alloa and that is championship teams. As I said I hope Robbie Neilson does well as we as a support deserve better than what’s been served the last few years, I’m just not all in on the choice to bring him back and remember a lot of dull boring games last time he was here. It was the easy choice for Ann Budge to make. 

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Next seasons squad will be like night and day different to the current squad. 

Couldn’t agree more. We’ve already shed an absolute shitload of players and will lose more dead wood along the way. He’ll continue to sign players who offer an upgrade or something different to those we have and will get it right more often when we are guaranteed top flight football. 

Edited by GinRummy

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agree with most of that however the manager picked the team, they won comfortably, 3 points, no key players injured on a dodgy pitch before a tough period coming up. No credit to the manager for his selection or the result given by most on here. Just the way it is sadly. Judging by some of the comments at 2pm yesterday there quite a few on here getting really excited about a possible opportunity to have a real go at the manager come 5 pm. Again, quite sad really. 

I was worried when i saw the team selection but fair play to the Manager, he called it right. Tougher tests to come.

LarrysRightFoot

I was worried when I saw the line up yesterday - it makes you realise we are lacking in certain areas.

I think the plastic pitch did influence his team selection as much as the schedule. At the end of the day we won. 

Win the next 3 and we should be in an excellent position at the half way stage. 

6 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

I was worried when i saw the team selection but fair play to the Manager, he called it right. Tougher tests to come.

I’d say he took a calculated risk and got away with it. That starting 11 yesterday, particularly the attacking side of it was the worst I’ve seen for many years. Yes he won but I wouldn’t want to see that team selected against the better teams in this league. Can’t argue with a win and can’t criticise the manager after his decisions result in a win but feck me that squad needs some rebuilding.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Dirty Scab 🤬

Have to say ten minutes in and still struggling to get connected I was severely tempted 🤣😂
I applaud you for making your own mind up though 👍🏽👏🏾

Just now, JimmyCant said:

I’d say he took a calculated risk and got away with it. That starting 11 yesterday, particularly the attacking side of it was the worst I’ve seen for many years. Yes he won but I wouldn’t want to see that team selected against the better teams in this league. Can’t argue with a win and can’t criticise the manager after his decisions result in a win but feck me that squad needs some rebuilding.

Definitely needs rebuilding and that is happening. Was talking with my brother about our squad at the end of play last season compared to now. Until you actually go through the names of all the guys who left it’s hard to fathom how we could have had so many players, many of whom were below average players.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

May contain medicine hahahahaha 

I missed the second goal. Very good goal all round.

Love that our first two goals were described as lucky on here by someone at halftime yesterday!!!!

3 points. All that matters. Get out this league, the be all and end all. Rangers, Hibs, Dutd, Dundee, Partick... So many get stuck here. We won't. But I don't really care how we get out.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Definitely needs rebuilding and that is happening. Was talking with my brother about our squad at the end of play last season compared to now. Until you actually go through the names of all the guys who left it’s hard to fathom how we could have had so many players, many of whom were below average players.

The trick is consistently replacing the outgoing players with better players. Well that’s one of tricks. One of the other tricks is having options and cover and balance when you start next season, so your not  massively weakened when 3 players can’t play. We’ve got a decent starting 11 this season for this league. We’ve got very little cover for it, very few options which change the style dramatically and not enough quality to make an impact  next season. I’m sure he realises the huge job needing done though. It might take more than one window to do it but who’s still got the patience for that ? 😣😢☹️