*** Official Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ***

Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I missed the second goal. Very good goal all round.

Love that our first two goals were described as lucky on here by someone at halftime yesterday!!!!

3 points. All that matters. Get out this league, the be all and end all. Rangers, Hibs, Dutd, Dundee, Partick... So many get stuck here. We won't. But I don't really care how we get out.

All three goals were great, didn’t see much luck to be honest. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

1 hour ago, WageThief said:

The other guy was probably still a member of the SAS at the time.  What's your excuse for missing it?

Missing what?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

First two goals were superb. Good football leading up to them also. The goal we lost was down to Berra again and the third goal looked like a foul on the last man but tremendous pace from Ginelly to score from where he first received the ball.

Pasquale for King
Just now, JimmyCant said:

First two goals were superb. Good football leading up to them also. The goal we lost was down to Berra again and the third goal looked like a foul on the last man but tremendous pace from Ginelly to score from where he first received the ball.

They were shouting for a foul but the guy was trying in vain to obstruct Ginnelly and would’ve been sent off if he had managed to do so. I don’t think he himself even complained that much after initially throwing his arms up. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah three superb goals. I love Ginos in particular. There was a moment about 35mins when Simth played tha ball to Roberts behind the fullback about 45 yards out and he had the chance to knock it out his feet and drive straight at goal. He kind of delayed and tried a Cruyff, having let the defenders get back.

Gino wouod have just bombed forward. I bet they're not much diff speed wise in a 60m race. I know he had an open goal awaiting, but I just love how direct he is. I never understand when guys have pace and never just put the ball past someone and beat the too it. Christ, Mulraney!!!!

If I'd had his pace id have played for Barca! Or maybe even Brazil!

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They were shouting for a foul but the guy was trying in vain to obstruct Ginnelly and would’ve been sent off if he had managed to do so. I don’t think he himself even complained that much after initially throwing his arms up. 

Correct - Ginelly had kicked the ball ahead to run onto and that guy tried to move his body sideways across to block the man rather than run back to where the ball was going.  Clear attempted professional foul.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Chick....😂😂....every time I hear that name I have an impression of an old glesga Jake-ball 50+ (nearer 60).........crease down the front of his jeans....White Fred Perry top, white trainers (never been in a gym or ramped up to a speed above 2mph), gold chain, stud in the ear.......only in glesga.

You ever been to a pub in Leith 😜????

Pasquale for King
Just now, frankblack said:

Correct - Ginelly had kicked the ball ahead to run onto and that guy tried to move his body sideways across to block the man rather than run back to where the ball was going.  Clear attempted professional foul.

I said yesterday it was a valiant attempt, he had no other choice really 😆

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The goal we lost was first Jamie Walkers inability to clear with his left foot, followed by Ginelly trying a half arsed drag back on the edge of the penalty area instead of emptying it. For our third goal the Alloa defender tried to be wide and step across Ginelly which would’ve resulted in a red for the boy. I don’t even think he appealed for a foul tbh. All in my opinion of course. But when all is said and done, shree points on the board and on we go 👍🏻

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah three superb goals. I love Ginos in particular. There was a moment about 35mins when Simth played tha ball to Roberts behind the fullback about 45 yards out and he had the chance to knock it out his feet and drive straight at goal. He kind of delayed and tried a Cruyff, having let the defenders get back.

Gino wouod have just bombed forward. I bet they're not much diff speed wise in a 60m race. I know he had an open goal awaiting, but I just love how direct he is. I never understand when guys have pace and never just put the ball past someone and beat the too it. Christ, Mulraney!!!!

If I'd had his pace id have played for Barca! Or maybe even Brazil!

Absolutely, couldn’t believe Roberts slowed down and then lost the ball, extremely frustrating player. Has all the talent but no heart.  He played well against Dundee at home when Ginnelly was on the other side. Not done anything since. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I think it’s obvious the quality of the journalist or pundit (which was poor anyway) has been sacrificed to let women do it.

The quality of women’s football is horrendous. You wouldn’t have a retired player who has played for Bathgate Thistle analyse games based on his football career. Why let women ex- pros chat about a standard which is absolutely light years away from the level they played at?

Good point.  They might've played the game but so have half the posters on here.  None of us can really read the game like the ex pros from that level.  

You notice that none of the personalities get shunted for women pundits.   

Billy Dodds get sacked as a coach and is back on the bbc sports scotland pay roll.  Is someone getting fired to make room for him or spending more of the licence payers money to shoehorn in an old pal?

You struggle to find a Scottish football story on the main bbc webpage but there's more articles on the english womens football than there we get in a month.

Weakened Offender
13 hours ago, lost in space said:

Do you have any idea why many fans wanted him away last time?

Ignoring most of the other drivel you've posted here but I will take pleasure in reminding you of the angry reaction to the Plebs' Plane and the support he was given at his last home match. 

The supporters who wanted him out were pretty quiet inside the stadium (always, funny that 😊) and a large number of the mob who hired the plane have chucked Hearts completely, a fair few openly supporting stevengerrardsrangers on social media. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

The goal we lost was first Jamie Walkers inability to clear with his left foot, followed by Ginelly trying a half arsed drag back on the edge of the penalty area instead of emptying it. For our third goal the Alloa defender tried to be wide and step across Ginelly which would’ve resulted in a red for the boy. I don’t even think he appealed for a foul tbh. All in my opinion of course. But when all is said and done, shree points on the board and on we go 👍🏻

Shree goals too 😆

highlandjambo3
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You ever been to a pub in Leith 😜????

No.......

rather gouge my eyes out with a red hot spoon

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Ignoring most of the other drivel you've posted here but I will take pleasure in reminding you of the angry reaction to the Plebs' Plane and the support he was given at his last home match. 

The supporters who wanted him out were pretty quiet inside the stadium (always, funny that 😊) and a large number of the mob who hired the plane have chucked Hearts completely, a fair few openly supporting stevengerrardsrangers on social media. 

I reckon the ones now openly supporting rangers on social media probably didn't need much encouragement.  

You don't like the managers style of play and you protest by now supporting a rival?  Wtf?  

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

If that’s the case then **** them.  Weren’t real supporters in the first place. Is this a fairly widespread thing? (Not on social media so out the loop on such things).

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

Good point.  They might've played the game but so have half the posters on here.  None of us can really read the game like the ex pros from that level.  

You notice that none of the personalities get shunted for women pundits.   

Billy Dodds get sacked as a coach and is back on the bbc sports scotland pay roll.  Is someone getting fired to make room for him or spending more of the licence payers money to shoehorn in an old pal?

You struggle to find a Scottish football story on the main bbc webpage but there's more articles on the english womens football than there we get in a month.

I agree, it’s not just women though you get guys commentating on CL or Internationals that didn’t play at that level. You also get guys like Dion Dublin doing women’s football. At least it’s from a good place that they’re trying to be diverse, having Shelley Kerr or Julie Fleeting on is as good as they manage up here. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

No.......

rather gouge my eyes out with a red hot spoon

Hahahahaha quite right 😆

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d argue Gordon, Smith, Halkett, Soutar, Kingsley, Halliday, Irving, Boyce, Naismith, GMS, are all still at the top league level. Who are the 50% that we are paying premiership wages to that wouldn’t get a game at Bonnyrigg? 

I would also add Josh Ginnelly to that list and hopefully Harng if he can get back up to speed

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

You mentioned the plane, not me. It was pathetic - even tho the message was correct. Many supporters wanted RN to leave. He did the right thing by getting out as soon as he could.

Anyway, you believe whatever you want. I hope he changes - and he puts in place the attacking formation that he says he is planning.

If he can do that and show an ability to motivate - i will be happy to support him.

Until then - he is not the right man for the job.

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

You mentioned the plane, not me. It was pathetic - even tho the message was correct. Many supporters wanted RN to leave. He did the right thing by getting out as soon as he could.

Anyway, you believe whatever you want. I hope he changes - and he puts in place the attacking formation that he says he is planning.

If he can do that and show an ability to motivate - i will be happy to support him.

I'll believe in whatever I see for my own eyes and at this moment in time it's a significant improvement on everything that's happened at Hearts since the day Neilson left a few years ago. 

You can keep looking for reasons not to support him, I don't care. The contempt I have for Hearts fans like you is off-the-scale. 😊

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Good post. He was shopping in Poundland last summer. Very little money, second tier league, pandemic, league not starting to October, curtailed programme of 27 games. No decent player in their right mind would move to that. He did well to get Kingsley, Halliday and Ginelly on board. Robert’s and Frear don’t appear good enough but we won’t be paying them a lot of money. Popescu has proved in the past that he is premiership level however I suspect the move to pandemic and lockdown Scotland isn’t really helping him and wife. Tough life moving here last September given what’s gone on since. 

👍

2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

still can't see report on the BBC

Still not seeing it. Mind you, with the mammoth total of 7 (seven) senior games on yesterday you can appreciate that their staff will be hard-pressed to find the time to cobble together a few paragraphs.

Or maybe they just don't give a shite.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Still not seeing it. Mind you, with the mammoth total of 7 (seven) senior games on yesterday you can appreciate that their staff will be hard-pressed to find the time to cobble together a few paragraphs.

Chic Young would be annoyed at having to come so far East as Alloa, He did once say (in jest, though no one queried it on the show) that all European ties should be played in Glasgow.

8 minutes ago, Boof said:

last sentence probably boof.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Right lets get this straight. A win is a win and it's good to see us well in front as you never know when they might call the leagues. However that is papering over the cracks. Nearly 50% of this squad in nowhere near good enough for Hearts. We are paying Premiership wages to guys that would struggle at Bonnyrigg rose.

The old saying a good team wins when playing badly, but there is a difference in playing badly and not trying.

Is it tactics or just the players? 

The game yesterday saw a first half where we were utter dire for the first 30 minutes or so, but when you point it out the PHM jump on and call everyone a Hobbo. Many hardly ever post but suddenly they are the voice of KB.  

Well I am glad you are happy to watch performances like that first half and will enjoy another season in the Championship when we fail next season in the top flight. Personally I want to see players who are taking good money at least earn their bucks.

No, we won't win every game and I can take a loss, what I can't take is professional players not trying.

So onwards and up-wards, just wish Robbie wouldn't give these teams so much respect.

Pretty much everything is incorrect with tho. 

Utter dire? it was 0-0 and a game is over 90 minutes, not 30.

These players that would struggle to beat Bonnyrigg, beat hibs and drew with celtic over 120 minutes. Yiurxligix is flawed. 

When we fail next season? Robbie finished 3rd on his return last time, nothing suggests Robbie will fail in the top flight for us, nothing. 

Who's not trying? 

9 wins from 11, who's not earning? 

20 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Total bollocks. You're spouting guff.

I watched a dodgy stream for the first time ever. It was terrible and the poor quality and lack of commentary made it really difficult to follow the match. The only good thing is that FoH got the £12 instead of Alloa. 

We had more possession, more shots on goal in the League Cup game, a game we agree the performance was poor.

Yesterdays result was good but the performance was still too slow and laboured.

lost in space
15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Total bollocks. You're spouting guff.

Thanks for your considered opinion. I particularly liked the way you contemplated each point and built up your argument using facts and sound judgement.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Thanks for your considered opinion. I particularly liked the way you contemplated each point and built up your argument using facts and sound judgement.

I think it's time for you to call the mother ship and go back to your home planet. 

38 minutes ago, Boof said:

Their lead article on the Championship page is to watch the goals again in our  loss at Dundee on 2 Jan. 

lost in space
37 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'll believe in whatever I see for my own eyes and at this moment in time it's a significant improvement on everything that's happened at Hearts since the day Neilson left a few years ago. 

You can keep looking for reasons not to support him, I don't care. The contempt I have for Hearts fans like you is off-the-scale. 😊

We have been shocking since RN left. That doesnt make his brand of football better to watch.

I dont need to look for reasons to dislike him - there are plenty existing reasons on the pitch.

You have contempt for a fan who wants the team to show motivation and attack??

Are, ok then - carry on.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was laughable when their player fell down. With his pace, and having kicked the ball down the channel, why would Ginneli have fouled the player? As you say the guy was trying to obstruct Ginneli and had no intention of playing the ball. Mind you with the standard of Scottish refereeing it wouldn’t have been a surprise if Ginneli had been pulled up

10 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Always happy to oblige.

54 minutes ago, WageThief said:

The last year and a bit of Robbie previous tenure.

Unfortunately I didn’t miss it.

sat through a lot of it bored out ma tits.

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

We have been shocking since RN left. That doesnt make his brand of football better to watch.

I dont need to look for reasons to dislike him - there are plenty existing reasons on the pitch.

You have contempt for a fan who wants the team to show motivation and attack??

Are, ok then - carry on.

We’ve played 11 league games and are averaging 3 goals per game. We also scored 3 against Celtic in the cup final.

Dreadful defensive football right enough🤣

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

It was laughable when their player fell down. With his pace, and having kicked the ball down the channel, why would Ginneli have fouled the player? As you say the guy was trying to obstruct Ginneli and had no intention of playing the ball. Mind you with the standard of Scottish refereeing it wouldn’t have been a surprise if Ginneli had been pulled up

And booked 🙈

Berra than you

Don't get the Robbie being a defensive coach. His team's always score goals. I appreciate he can be a little bit more defensive away from home, but his hearts teams have always scored plenty goals.

lost in space
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

We’ve played 11 league games and are averaging 3 goals per game. We also scored 3 against Celtic in the cup final.

Dreadful defensive football right enough🤣

I see you have conveniently not mentioned the league cup.

Playing possession at back and then hoof to nobody is not a good tactic. Neither is having only 1 player in opposition box.

RN might change tactics. He said he is. We have 2 decent wingers now and hopefully a forward arriving.

He should never have started season with 1 decent forward (Naismith a midfield player now).

Until he can motivate players and show a will to win - home and away - he wont get my support.

lost in space
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think it's time for you to call the mother ship and go back to your home planet. 

And time for you to go home to mother.

Frear and Robert’s get it tight but look at Alloas goal yesterday and who shat the tackle that created their goal! If that were either of them they would be getting roasted

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

We had more possession, more shots on goal in the League Cup game, a game we agree the performance was poor.

Yesterdays result was good but the performance was still too slow and laboured.

Until last 30 mins I’d agree 

1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

Here's one: replace the Alloa player with Scott Brown.

Now reassess the refs decision...

All three goals yesterday were good in their own way. My favourite goal was the second one. A lovely one two between Jamie Walker and Jordan Roberts, a perfect cross to the back post, and a stoater of a volley high into the net by Elliott Frear. That's the kind of football I love to see.