*** Official Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ***

Pasquale for King

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Crap team selection.

Crap performance.

Good result.

Neilson lives to fight another day. I hope he can change and is more able to find players, motivate them and be more positive with tactics.

Yeah, Neilson clinging on by his fingertips while 7 clear and easy at the top, and not long after taking Celtic to penalties in a cup final - the closest anyone has got to beating Celtic in a final in a very long time.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

This season is about getting promoted and building a squad who are gelled and ready.

Nothing else.

Scrappy wins, poor performances, strange team selections, a couple of defeats, who cares.

Its 3 points towards the end goal. 

The Hearts go marching on.

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

That's nothing - have you heard about Peebles?

I heard Woollies in peebles maybe closing. 

Hard fought game should've had the game put to bed 1st half, second half pish, didn't look like scoring again up until Alloa got a man sent off. 

27 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Monday? They’ll be looking for Newco game tomorrow to be called. This pandemic is now a serious worldwide issue. 🤬

It has been a serious worldwide issue for months surely?

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

this and a group of fans who probably starting supporting hearts around 05/06 and think we should still be at that level 😆

There is definitely a certain type of Hearts fan who see 05/06 as some sort of benchmark and who have grown up with Sky. They'll learn and will get ground down like the rest of us in time.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

this and a group of fans who probably starting supporting hearts around 05/06 and think we should still be at that level 😆

I was hoping the events of last season would have instilled a siege mentality amongst the support. A **** everyone, we are the Hearts type of attitude.

That’s certainly what I’m experiencing away from social media.

Unfortunately, many on here conform to the typical Facebook type and seem to revel in us failing. Some actively want us to get beat, just so they can bump their gums online.

****in dicks the lot of them.

11 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

The absolute seethe that we won today is.....

Dare I say it.......

Pleasing 🤭

Show me exactly where the “Seeth” is? 🤔

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hard fought game should've had the game put to bed 1st half, second half pish, didn't look like scoring again up until Alloa got a man sent off. 

Another terrible take. We were more threatening in the second half. It also wasn't hard fought at all. It was very comfortable.

Edited by ToqueJambo

13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

3 vital points.  Double header v Raith coming up and Dunfermline at home. Get 9 points and all but sewn up 

Yep.  Win those 3 and it’ll take a miracle for us to throw it away. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Played much better in the 2nd half,   Moved the ball quickly,  dominated the half and couldn’t argue at all if we scored 2 or 3 goals.   I was encouraged by the 2nd half,  good signs of improvement other than the lapse at their goal.    Strange to call it pish.  

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It has been a serious worldwide issue for months surely?

Woosh 🤪

I’m gonna give you a pass on that one.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Job done, league all but down up after 11 games .. we have the biggest bunch of whinging ****ing fans on earth 😂😂

I'm not a whinger but I can see beyond the result.  Take away Ginnelly's stoppage time shot into an empty goal and as usual we made life difficult for ourselves.  Should have been out of sight in the second half on chances created,  but their goal when down to ten men put pressure on us - does that ring any bells?

IMO Walker should be told NOT to venture into our half when the opposition team is attacking.  He cannot defend and invariably fouls to put us under pressure.  It was a result of his slackness (and Ginnelly's too for that matter) that gave them their goal.  He's a laiabilty unless going forward.

Our inability to turn scoring chances into goals and the need for a big clinical striker was exposed today.  And when are we going to see the real Boyce?

However to appease  the happy clappers, Robbie got his selection just right.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I was hoping the events of last season would have instilled a siege mentality amongst the support. A **** everyone, we are the Hearts type of attitude.

That’s certainly what I’m experiencing away from social media.

Unfortunately, many on here conform to the typical Facebook type and seem to revel in us failing. Some actively want us to get beat, just so they can bump their gums online.

****in dicks the lot of them.

They're not Hearts fans. I'd label them "clingers-on". They feel like they need a team and picked Hearts, maybe because we were good in 05/06, or maybe they chose us in 2012 or so because Rangers were imploding so they didn't have them as an option. A lot of them come across as glory hunting Rangers fans without bus fares - far too quick to criticise when we're not firing on all cylinders.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, chrystaf said:

I'm not a whinger but I can see beyond the result.  Take away Ginnelly's stoppage time shot into an empty goal and as usual we made life difficult for ourselves.  Should have been out of sight in the second half on chances created,  but their goal when down to ten men put pressure on us - does that ring any bells?

IMO Walker should be told NOT to venture into our half when the opposition team is attacking.  He cannot defend and invariably fouls to put us under pressure.  It was a result of his slackness (and Ginnelly's too for that matter) that gave them their goal.  He's a laiabilty unless going forward.

Our inability to turn scoring chances into goals and the need for a big clinical striker was exposed today.  And when are we going to see the real Boyce?

We're averaging 3 a game. I think we're actually the top scoring team in the country going by goals per minute or something. Or we were a week or so ago, there was a table going around.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Be Robbies fault to then if the league goes null and void? 

Do not feed this troll.

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’ve followed Hearts since 1965 - I thought it was a shit team selection today and we would struggle - I was wrong and Robbie was right - I’m delighted! 👍

lost in space
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, Neilson clinging on by his fingertips while 7 clear and easy at the top, and not long after taking Celtic to penalties in a cup final - the closest anyone has got to beating Celtic in a final in a very long time.

The league table does not lie + cup final was a good performance.

However, you have to look at the League Cup results and performances + the fact we have been poor at breaking down packed defences + we have been poor against teams who have attacked us (Dundee and Dunfermline).

Neilson is safe - for now and I hope he stays that way by winning.

There are a lot of fans (I am one) who do not think he can take us forward. I hope I am wrong.

21 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

It's yet another game where we haven't managed to keep a clean sheet and while I didn't actually watch the game can someone who did let me know if the central defence was at fault yet again. We really need a central defender as Berra is sadly well past his best. 

It was a free kick that was punted high and looped in.   The defence failed to deal with it.   A mixture of them and the midfield not getting it clear.   Should have been headered away initially. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They're not Hearts fans. I'd label them "clingers-on". They feel like they need a team and picked Hearts, maybe because we were good in 05/06, or maybe they chose us in 2012 or so because Rangers were imploding so they didn't have them as an option. A lot of them come across as glory hunting Rangers fans without bus fares.

I'm a better hearts fan than you because, I never criticise the team and am up the clubs hoop, I'm entitled to an opinion just like anyone else, so just you calm right down mister. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts win = happy weekend in my hoose. 

Me too Dave! 😊

Just now, lost in space said:

However, you have to look at the League Cup results and performances + the fact we have been poor at breaking down packed defences + we have been poor against teams who have attacked us (Dundee and Dunfermline).

There are a lot of fans (I am one) who do not think he can take us forward. I hope I am wrong.

It’s pace we are missing. RN said at the start he wanted two wingers. We’ll stretch tight teams and provide an outball when we are being pressed if Ginelly and GMS become mainstays. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wasn't that hard fought.

Very comfortable tbh

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, lost in space said:

I posted earlier how a full-strength Celtic needed two goals in the last 7 minutes under Rodgers to beat Alloa at Celtic Park. These games are tricky. The opposition treats it like a cup final and has no intention of playing football. No idea why anyone expects us to beat these teams by 3 or 4 every game playing free-flowing football when no-one else does that.

In fact, Neilson does it better than most. His Hearts teams have been much more convincing against these teams than Hibs, Rangers and Dundee Utd have been in the Championship recently.

Maroon Sailor
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If they went a point clear of us, our goal difference is not worth a sook. So it's not worth 8 points! 

I hate the saying the gd is like another point, it's not unless there is only one game left, then I'll allow it. 

😉

Goal difference only comes in to it if teams are level on points !

So if they went a point ahead goal difference is not in the equation !

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'm a better hearts fan than you because, I never criticise the team and am up the clubs hoop, I'm entitled to an opinion just like anyone else, so just you calm right down mister. 

Right on cue

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Wasn't that hard fought.

Very comfortable tbh

Aye it was the comfortable they had a man sent off and still scored against us,gees peace 🙄

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Indeed. Next on the list.

The league is already won. Feck the rest. They haven't a hope of getting near us.

Not quite yet. Depends how the next three games go. Win them and we can relax a bit.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

You know last time he finished 3rd in the top flight with us and left us in about 2nd/ 3rd? Would that not be taking forward?

What do you mean take us forward? 

The league cup was a shit show. 

Dundee we also skelped 6-2.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Shit. Bang goes ma Pick A Mix.

Ah share your pain bud. I was heading down for a pound of sherbet flying saucers. Gutted. Thatchers Britain eh.

8 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

A pretty fair assessment.

8 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Played much better in the 2nd half,   Moved the ball quickly,  dominated the half and couldn’t argue at all if we scored 2 or 3 goals.   I was encouraged by the 2nd half,  good signs of improvement other than the lapse at their goal.    Strange to call it pish.  

Certainly not pish. We controlled the game and should have been out of sight given the chances we had. Lost a daft goal to put most of us with our hearts in our mouths.  We’ll have better performances no doubt about that. The next three games are vital. Win all three and we are on easy street.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Goal difference only comes in to it if teams are level on points !

So if they went a point ahead goal difference is not in the equation !

Yeah, so it' s not like having an extra Point, it's like  having a better goal difference.... grrrr

I hate the phrase- "it's like an extra point". It' s ****ing not!

It makes me angry when pundits use it as well. Makes me want to set things on fire.

3 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Not quite yet. Depends how the next three games go. Win them and we can relax a bit.

Dunfermline at home and Raith home and away? Is you’re bang on! 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I’ll keep this very simple so even your tiny mind can process it.

All Stendel had to do after taking over as head coach was keep Heart of Midlothian in 11th place in the Premiership. He didn’t have to take us to 10th. All he had to do was keep us in 11th. 

I’d have backed many poor managers to have done so.

Daniel Stendel took us to 12th position.

Not just to 12th. 4pts adrift in 12th.

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

All Stendel had to do after taking over as head coach was keep Heart of Midlothian in 11th place in the Premiership. He didn’t have to take us to 10th. All he had to do was keep us in 11th. 

That was like asking Stendel to save the Titanic after it hit the iceberg!

Just now, Whatever said:

Why are you even quoting me 😂😂 

I hope mods pick up on your insults because your cleary stalking me yah freak. 

I'm entitled to my opinion. 

3 goals. 
3 points. 
Job done. 

Like the majority on here, was a bit bemused at starting line up especially with starting both Frear & Roberts but we won and that ultimately is the main thing  

Double header vs Raith. 
Dunfermline at home. 

9 points and lots of goals please 

What's all this attacking each other? There is only one thing that matters if we want to win this league and so far we have managed to score more goals than the other teams enough of the time. That's just over a third of the league gone. Keep it going...

Play crap, lose a daft goal, miss-placed passes don't matter a jot as long as the above is the case. HHGH

lost in space
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

You know last time he finished 3rd in the top flight with us and left us in about 2nd/ 3rd? Would that not be taking forward?

What do you mean take us forward? 

The league cup was a shit show. 

Dundee we also skelped 6-2.

When he left last time I think other team/s had game/s in hand (Aberdeen?) but yes, very good league position.

But - you must accept that a large section of fans wanted him gone despite this. There were reasons for this.

Take us forward? - I want us to look as though we want to win games. I want our team to be motivated. I simply dont see that from RN's teams.

He may have improved but todays team selection was horrendous (Yes, I know the result). I am not sure he is learning from past mistakes.