*** Official Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ***

Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Whoever it was he's a comedy genius who should get MoM.

A JKB sponsored MAGNUM of Champagne perhaps 😂

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

lost in space
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You seem genuinely concerned so I'll answer politely.

Your posts are contradictory and imo make no sense to me.

Very good league position last time and the best he can do this time but you don't think he can take us forward?

According to folk on here it was a very  small, but noisy minority that wanted him gone. 

We have won 9/11 in the league, motivated... did you see us come back from 2-0 v Celtic and try our hardest.

The team selection cannot be horrendous if the result was good, that is not possible. It really isn't. You are being silly with that comment.

What mistakes?

I am concerned - and my posts may be contradictory - as it this is not easy. We are top of the league and deserve to be there. 

OK - I said that I dont think he can take us forward - that is not strictly true - I think he can take us forward - but not far enough, as I think he is limited.

Cup Final - yes, fantastic second half - I was proud of the team - but the first half??? Pure Robbie!

I disagree with your comment "cannot be horrendous if result was good".  I have watched many games where we have lost but we have shown total commitment - but would have won if we had breaks + also watched games where we were shocking but other team were worse and we have won.

If you think I am being silly - fair enough. 

Mistakes - playing Roberts and Frear with Henderson and Walker - huge gamble. He won the gamble thankfully. Crazy gamble though.

He gambled and won today - well done to him. 

He should be aware though that there are many fans who are not on his side and if he gambles and loses with a crap selection, they will let him know.

He is lucky there are no fans in the stadia.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Anyone summarise Robbies post match interview? 

It won’t let me read the link, nothing on BBC. 

35 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Anyone summarise Robbies post match interview? 

It was short and sweet...

”there’s your ducking medicine”

Or something like that.

Chic Young represented the BBC at the game but there's no report on their website. Young was probably disappointed we won and also in the huff at St Mirren losing so left early after his radio report.

It's taken me weeks to cotton on why Berra takes the throw ins, despite him having the throwing technique of a primary school kid, instead of Kingsley.

It's to make sure that if no movement in front and the ball is given to the left sided CH, it isn't CB.

So obvious.

Doh.

Guest ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I am concerned - and my posts may be contradictory - as it this is not easy. We are top of the league and deserve to be there. 

OK - I said that I dont think he can take us forward - that is not strictly true - I think he can take us forward - but not far enough, as I think he is limited.

This was the "argument" people put forward to get rid of him during his first spell. Remember that first spell - an easy title, loads of goals, 3rd the next season and in 2nd by xmas the following season? He was taking us forward. Since he left we did nothing but go backwards. Three managers tried to replace him - one a highly sought after coach now still working in the EPL, one a seasoned manager with international and English experience, and one with Bundesliga experience. A few results here and there and the odd mini run aside, they all failed dismally.

Now Robbie's back and we're going forwards again. What will it take for you to realise he could be a very good fit at Hearts?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Chic Young represented the BBC at the game but there's no report on their website. Young was probably disappointed we won and also in the huff at St Mirren losing so left early after his radio report.

It’s awful. They’ve got that stats up but no report. Typical

BBC. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It's taken me weeks to cotton on why Berra takes the throw ins, despite him having the throwing technique of a primary school kid, instead of Kingsley.

It's to make sure that if no movement in front and the ball is given to the left sided CH, it isn't CB.

So obvious.

Doh.

I was wondering about that today. 

Guest ToqueJambo
35 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Cup Final - yes, fantastic second half - I was proud of the team - but the first half??? Pure Robbie!

I disagree with your comment "cannot be horrendous if result was good".  I have watched many games where we have lost but we have shown total commitment - but would have won if we had breaks + also watched games where we were shocking but other team were worse and we have won.

Mistakes - playing Roberts and Frear with Henderson and Walker - huge gamble. He won the gamble thankfully. Crazy gamble though.

He should be aware though that there are many fans who are not on his side and if he gambles and loses with a crap selection, they will let him know.

How did he gamble exactly? He obviously had confidence the players he picked could get him the win and they did. We have three important games in 7 days coming up. He very clearly wanted to protect our best players and keep them for the Dunfy and Raith games, as well as easing the likes of GMS and Ginnelly back.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Apologies if it’s been shared already, 15 seconds in someone shouts “there’s your ****ing meficine” 😆🥰

Trying to place who says that. Gorden Forrest and Lee McCulloch are surely too polite. It's not Naismith though it might have been. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Anyone know who Alan Faulds is, he seems to think it was Neilson. 

BD4BC366-07D5-4AA0-8FF2-647DDAD69A82.jpeg

Would be great if it was ann budge that shouted it

lost in space
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This was the "argument" people put forward to get rid of him during his first spell. Remember that first spell - an easy title, loads of goals, 3rd the next season and in 2nd by xmas the following season? He was taking us forward. Since he left we did nothing but go backwards. Three managers tried to replace him - one a highly sought after coach now still working in the EPL, one a seasoned manager with international and English experience, and one with Bundesliga experience. A few results here and there and the odd mini run aside, they all failed dismally.

Now Robbie's back and we're going forwards again. What will it take for you to realise he could be a very good fit at Hearts?

I loved the Championship the last time. I was in hospitality when we won 10-0. We were at table 10 and to this day we all slag each other off for not betting on 10-0😄.

It all went wrong when we got back to Prem. RN then thought he was a tactician. He started to manage like CL. We went through the "possession without penetration" games which were shocking. RN got the message and left when he got the chance.

"What will it take for me to realise that he (RN) could be a good fit ?" -

It would take evidence that he knows good players (not Roberts/ Frear/Popescu)

It would take evidence that he can motivate - NO evidence so far

it would take evidence that he would take responsibility for his mistakes - NO evidence so far

It would take evidence of a positive attitude - NO evidence so far

It would take ANY evidence that he has any tactical knowledge. 

The White Cockade

Settle for 3-1 but not great at all

Having said that the thought of Boyce up top with Gino and GMS wide with Naisy behind them is exciting 

We definitely know if we didn’t before that Roberts, Walker and Henderson aren’t good enough and great finish aside probably Frear as well

Halliday pretty anonymous as well

I’d try Halkett as defensive mid and Irving has to be playmaker 

Need a decent centre half still abe a striker but probably get by this season with what we have

Probably need to empty a few before adding to the wage bill especially if there is a chance of season being suspended 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

Would be great if it was ann budge that shouted it

Hahahahaha it would. 

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Trying to place who says that. Gorden Forrest and Lee McCulloch are surely too polite. It's not Naismith though it might have been. 

Seems like it was Neilson 😱😆

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

BBC. 

Really poor, there’s a report for QoS v Arbroath on BBC, but it still says “report to follow” for our game. Bet it is because of chic dung. Shocking

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

Settle for 3-1 but not great at all

Having said that the thought of Boyce up top with Gino and GMS wide with Naisy behind them is exciting 

We definitely know if we didn’t before that Roberts, Walker and Henderson aren’t good enough and great finish aside probably Frear as well

Halliday pretty anonymous as well

I’d try Halkett as defensive mid and Irving has to be playmaker 

Need a decent centre half still abe a striker but probably get by this season with what we have

Probably need to empty a few before adding to the wage bill especially if there is a chance of season being suspended 

Spot on. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, HMFC 86 said:

Really poor, there’s a report for QoS v Arbroath on BBC, but it still says “report to follow” for our game. Bet it is because of chic dung. Shocking

Probably got a wee dirty up there 😱🙈

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I loved the Championship the last time. I was in hospitality when we won 10-0. We were at table 10 and to this day we all slag each other off for not betting on 10-0😄.

It all went wrong when we got back to Prem. RN then thought he was a tactician. He started to manage like CL. We went through the "possession without penetration" games which were shocking. RN got the message and left when he got the chance.

it would take evidence that he would take responsibility for his mistakes - NO evidence so far

Cherry picking at its finest. As per with you mob. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

What has gone wrong with Berra? Is it just pace?

The man was brilliant for us first time round. He  has played in the EPL and has multiple Scotland caps. More often than not defenders can play at a top level longer than most. 

Its not pace as such but I do think his decision making has slowed meaning he starts to move a split second later than he used to meaning he gets himself into bad positions.

lost in space
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How did he gamble exactly? He obviously had confidence the players he picked could get him the win and they did. We have three important games in 7 days coming up. He very clearly wanted to protect our best players and keep them for the Dunfy and Raith games, as well as easing the likes of GMS and Ginnelly back.

Yes - he did have confidence in the players that he picked.  Why then take off Roberts (who he  must have had confidence in) at HT?  The "heavy schedule" is rubbish - we dont play till next Saturday.  I understand about the pitch and niggling injuries.

He got "away with it" - good, we need the 3 points. 

Can I ask - were you happy when you saw starting line-up?

Are you happy with the way we play the game?

Do you blindly follow RN?

Do you have no doubts about "oor Robbie"?

I am not being dis-respectful - I genuinely am interested in your answers.

38 minutes ago, JTJ said:

He was on open all mics. He did seem excited at our goals especially Irving.just not a proper journalist now

lost in space
7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Yes, sorry if me wanting RN to show - 

evidence that he knows good players (not Roberts/ Frear/Popescu)

evidence that he can motivate - NO evidence so far

evidence that he would take responsibility for his mistakes - NO evidence so far

evidence of a positive attitude - NO evidence so far

ANY evidence that he has any tactical knowledge. 

How "bad" of me - looking for evidence of talent.

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

He was on open all mics. He did seem excited at our goals especially Irving.just not a proper journalist now

The thing is, he was the likeable idiot character for a number of years then suddenly he was supposed to be taken seriously. He just became an unlikeable idiot. 

Edited by GinRummy

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, lost in space said:

so he takes no credit for Ginelly? Kingsley? Only the bad ones 😆 I mean, every manager has a 100% strike rate in our wage range dont they 😂😂

we’ve not been motivated at any point despite the title being all but wrapped up After 11 games, in empty stadiums? 

he showed NO tactical knowledge whatsoever against hibs or in the cup final..🤷‍♂️

In summary, what a load of complete total and utter horseshit. 

you are wrong about 2016, you are still wrong.. try basketball.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

St Johnstone last season,  remember it well. 

Game of 2 halves. 

Disingenuous to say 7 2, we could easily have been out of sight first half. 

However leading we looked like the team chasing the game, centre backs were left 3 on 2, too easily. 

Stendel really didn't do anything quickly to fix it.

I liked Stendel,  he just didn't take a pragmatic approach until it was too late. 

That wild stuff was for a team in a comfort position,  he failed in the respect his principles supersede the need of the team 

Sums his time up almost perfectly...oh and his transfer dealings on the whole were terrible as well

Just now, GinRummy said:

The thing is, he was the likeable idiot character for a number of years then suddenly he was supposed to be taken seriously. He just became an unlikeable idiot. 

Seen him out in pubs when we used to be able to go out. Thinks he’s big time! Football dinosaur without his David Murray exclusive 

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, lost in space said:

evidence that he would take responsibility for his mistakes - NO evidence so far

Gordon, Ginnelly, Halliday, Kingsley and GMS are not decent signings? 

Take your ****ing medicine! :rofl:

Sounds like Locky but whoever it was, glad to hear they’ve not forgotten about what was done to us. Which is the impression when I’ve heard when Naismith and others speak. It should never be forgotten. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It would be hard not to win this league. 

Some sympathy with the staff,  it's a hiding to nothing. 

I think you have to be struggling if you don't understand that the squad was going to be filled out with very average players,  considering the financial situation and the crisis. 

One and out for some 

lost in space
10 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Gordon, Ginnelly, Halliday, Kingsley and GMS are not decent signings? 

Yes they mostly are. Not giving credit for Gordon - was signing for Hearts -  if Celtic did not offer bigger wage.

Halliday -  decent player - nothing special.

Ginnelly -  great player when fit - not sure yet how many games he will play.

Kinngsley - as Ginnelly.

GMS - well done RN - a player.

2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

He looks like a juniors player when he does his deliberate fouls.

Exactly and as have said on a previous post, he should not go anywhere near his own half when the opposition is attacking us.  He just gets in the way and is constantly fouling, attracting cards adn putting us under pressure.

He is NOT a defender and is a liability in trying to be so.

lost in space
21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

so he takes no credit for Ginelly? Kingsley? Only the bad ones 😆 I mean, every manager has a 100% strike rate in our wage range dont they 😂😂

we’ve not been motivated at any point despite the title being all but wrapped up After 11 games, in empty stadiums? 

he showed NO tactical knowledge whatsoever against hibs or in the cup final..🤷‍♂️

In summary, what a load of complete total and utter horseshit. 

you are wrong about 2016, you are still wrong.. try basketball.. 

Ginnelly - how many games has he started? Hope he stays fit - looks great and wants the ball.

RN has made some decent signings but has a less than 50% record.

Cup Final - tactical knowledge ???? are you havin a laff? First half??

Hobos - forgotten they missed a pen??

Wrong about 2016 ?- please dont keep as a secret - please tell....

Basketball - how did you know I was also an expert on that????

30 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Good posts. I agree with you, but you will never convince all the Levein/Neilson fanboys. They’re minds are closed to any criticism of poor performances in the championship 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Not having it.

Celtic have messed better Hearts teams, never mind championship teams- If you can't give credit for being 1 pk for a cup win you're at it imo. Not many Hearts teams come from 2 goals down to draw with celtic in Glasgow- showed real character and fight.

Your poor team selection comment  but it was a good win is just a piss take. It makes  no sense at all.

Gambled, or utilised his squad and players?

The fans not on any Hearts managers side, especially one who as player spent 10 years, won the cup as player  and as manager had a very good record and currently sit tops are idiots.

Showing your true colours with the "he is lucky there is no fans in the stadia" comment. It's ridiculous. 

47 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Another apologist who refuses to see. So sad

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

BBC. 

League leaders. Nothing to report, though. 

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It would be hard not to win this league. 

Some sympathy with the staff,  it's a hiding to nothing. 

I think you have to be struggling if you don't understand that the squad was going to be filled out with very average players,  considering the financial situation and the crisis. 

One and out for some 

The thing is why sign guys like Frear and Roberts when Moore for example is just as good if not better as a player than them. 
It makes no sense. Robbie started Roberts up front today FFS when we would have looked better with a 16year old youth striker up front. 
My point is why sign average players when we have average young players to fill out the squad. 🤷🏼‍♂️

lost in space
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not having it.

Celtic have messed better Hearts teams, never mind championship teams- If you can't give credit for being 1 pk for a cup win you're at it imo. Not many Hearts teams come from 2 goals down to draw with celtic in Glasgow- showed real character and fight.

Your poor team selection comment  but it was a good win is just a piss take. It makes  no sense at all.

Gambled, or utilised his squad and players?

The fans not on any Hearts managers side, especially one who as player spent 10 years, won the cup as player  and as manager had a very good record and currently sit tops are idiots.

Showing your true colours with the "he is lucky there is no fans in the stadia" comment. It's ridiculous. 

Cup final - team did show character against poor celtic team - this was after going 2-0 behind after shocking first half tactics.

Gambled/utilised squad?  How often do you want to utilise Roberts in the future/ Do you think we should use Roberts/Frear/Walker?Henderson regularly in the same team? - no I thought not.

Neilson - as a player, I liked him- very one-footed but gave his all, despite having limited ability. Never forget the tackle (and pen)that won the cup in 2006. 

Your comment of "idiots" for fellow fans who dont follow your devotion to RN, shows your lack of balance. 

Do you have any idea why many fans wanted him away last time?

Do you have any idea why many fans (including me) think he may not be the guy we need now?

"True colours" - so tell me, do you think the fans in the stadium would be happy with our play so far?  There would have ben cries of "Neilson must go " already.