Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You would think from a socially responsible viewpoint, they'd start their response with an acknowledgment of the reasons for the new restrictions before justifying their actions. There has also been general agreement that tighter restrictions were inevitable post Christmas. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

You would think from a socially responsible viewpoint, they'd start their response with an acknowledgment of the reasons for the new restrictions before justifying their actions. There has also been general agreement that tighter restrictions were inevitable post Christmas. 

I would like to see the "approval" that was given by the Scottish Government (via the JRG wtf!).  We know that they didn't have the approval of Hibs (although that says more about the relative status of the clubs involved).

Brick Tamland

I don't think there is any doubt that they have completely abused the travel exemptions for elite sports and I hope they get absolutely slaughtered for it. There was no need for a trip to Dubai, they are behind in games, they forced h1b5 to change their match, and their statement saying it was approved on 12th November is a nonsense given the massive recent spike in new cases due to the variant of the virus. I think their actions, sanctioned by the SPFL/SFA, may well have pushed the government to give zero leeway to football moving forward.

8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Through the JRG, just opened a great big can of worms there!

Going to Dubai was risky from outset. Clearly the JRG rolled over per Lawell’s  instructions and now they are the scapegoat.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Have sympathy.....need a trip away to mourn the burning of 10 in a row. 

****ing rugby team  :lol:

18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

so if it was arranged and agreed on 12th of November why didn’t they tell hibs about it till the end of November?

the spfl agreed to it on 12th November so before they even consulted hibs and everything must have been booked by Celtic on the 12th.  What a farce.

This is from the papers on 30th November 

Celtic's home game against Hibs in January has been rescheduled after a club request.

The SPFL confirmed the fixture change this afternoon.

B031A033-3E01-4530-A6AA-DF6ECE38B19A.jpeg

I would hope they might look at all those celebrities going out there to 'work' as they claim

Blatant liars every one of them yet the press want the pictures every day pretending otherwise

A game played by the press and celebs to suit both parties

alwaysthereinspirit

March 2020

”The league must be called as is and Celtic announced as league champions. It’s the correct thing to do”

February 2021

”The league must be voided as is and no team announced as league champions. It’s the correct thing to do”

Fort Vallance
34 minutes ago, theshed said:

Not read this thread but wouldn’t surprise me if they have went away to piss off Scottish government and hope they stop professional football so rangers won’t win the league 

That would be paranoia on a Celtic scale. 

2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

March 2020

”The league must be called as is and Celtic announced as league champions. It’s the correct thing to do”

February 2021

”The league must be voided as is and no team announced as league champions. It’s the correct thing to do”

As someone posted above, an end is possible with Rangers champions and Celtic in the other CL spot. Celtic will now be the only concern for the SPFL i.e. could they be overtaken at any point by, well, Aberdeen or Livingston (on current form) 

Maroon Sailor

The FM has consistently advised people not to travel abroad unless absolutely necessary.

Shame Celtic think otherwise, you know the powers that be that run Scottish football

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Sounds like an anti-Catholic conspiracy to me. Lennon will be writhing on the ground, pretending to get hit on the face/arse/teeth from that statement. 

Does anybody seriously think that there will be any sanctions applied to celtc?

I would have thought that the outrageous shennanigans of 2020 that led to them being gifted 8.5 in a row and Hearts, PTFC and Stranraer's corresponding demotions would have knocked that idea out of everybody's heads.

26 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

So they can't see circumstances have changed since November !

They sound like the insincere ***** that they are

39 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

so if it was arranged and agreed on 12th of November why didn’t they tell hibs about it till the end of November?

the spfl agreed to it on 12th November so before they even consulted hibs and everything must have been booked by Celtic on the 12th.  What a farce.

This is from the papers on 30th November 

Celtic's home game against Hibs in January has been rescheduled after a club request.

The SPFL confirmed the fixture change this afternoon.

B031A033-3E01-4530-A6AA-DF6ECE38B19A.jpeg

Huh, mere facts and details.

What do such trivialities matter when celtc's best interests are in question?  😒

3 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Deputy First Minister 

On Celtic's trip to Dubai: "I don't think it's a good idea, I don't think it's a particularly great example set to people... we've all got to demonstrate leadership..."

...by completely ignoring it with immediate effect.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, JDK2020 said:

...by completely ignoring it with immediate effect.

People vote for her. whahahaha

40 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

So they can't see circumstances have changed since November !

They didn't receive Scottish government approval .

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, ritchies75 said:

So, if these exemptions are for elite sports to facilitate international and European competition - how does a Celtic holiday to Dubai qualify when they are in neither international or European competition?  I didn’t see anything in the Celtic statement justifying that.

Sweep, sweep, sweep and yet another bullet that Doncaster will no doubt dodge. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

Pah, that's all utter nonsense.

I'm sure I read somewhere Father Walfrid used to hum it as he laid the foundation stones at ceptic park.

been here before
18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Compelling evidence.

Mind the last time you were trying to being a smartarse about "evidence" John?

That was funny.

Edited by been here before

Smoked-Glass

They are just a skummy club with skum on their books. 

No shame.

They will hopefully get sued rotten after the whole boys club thing comes to light.. Again. 

I hate them with a perfect hate. 

Hope they never win another throw in. 

Edited by Smoked-Glass

John Findlay
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Mind the last time you were trying to being a smartarse about "evidence" John?

Using evidence of that nature then Hibs indeed teach football to the Brazillians.

been here before
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Using evidence of that nature then Hibs indeed teach football to the Brazillians.

Have you "evidence" she's talking shite?

Or are we heading for a 'Ive been to Tynecastle more than you've had hot dinners and there were no Rangers supporters on the pitch' type scenario again?

Edited by been here before

36 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

They didn't receive Scottish government approval .

I am trying to find the members of the JRG but having a bit of trouble finding them but I found this from the last JRG meeting on 23/12/2020 just 12 days ago.

In light of the recent Scottish Government announcement that mainland Scotland will be placed in Tier 4 from December 26 the JRG reiterates the importance of all clubs and individuals continuing to comply with all processes and protocols. This is to ensure player safety, the safety of family, team-mates, and staff, and to ensure professional football in Scotland can continue to be played during the winter months amid well-documented concerns over the latest and faster-spreading strain of the virus. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/coronavirus-joint-response-group-update-23-december/?rid=4378

Off point here but this hole thing is just a joke Celtic run the Scottish game calling leagues when it suits them changing games then having the audacity to even suggest there

is some kind of agenda against they get the lions share of everything they have spent over a decade implementing influential figures in football politics media god knows what else and nothing is ever questioned even the allegations agains the club are not scrutinised proper so what make anyone think the SFA will even acknowledge there jolly abroad 

Found this from March 2020 

As it stands, there are four permanent members of the Joint Response Group – Scottish FA president Rod Petrie, Scottish FA chief executive Ian Maxwell, SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster and Dr John MacLean, the Scottish FA’s chief medical consultant.

In addition, the input and contributions of others from both governing bodies, clubs and other stakeholders in the sport will be called upon as and when required.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/coronavirus-who-footballs-joint-response-group-and-what-do-they-do-2498757

I am unsure if they are still the "main" 4 but at that time there was no representation from the SG or Scottish Parliament.

Am I correct in thinking that the SG expects the JRG to manage Scottish Football in a way to comply with the SG rules and guidance on Covid?

39 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So, if these exemptions are for elite sports to facilitate international and European competition - how does a Celtic holiday to Dubai qualify when they are in neither international or European competition?  I didn’t see anything in the Celtic statement justifying that.

Sweep, sweep, sweep and yet another bullet that Doncaster will no doubt dodge. 

Is the crux of the matter.

Celtic run Scottish football and they know it. 

The brass neck of that club statement says it all. 

This is another example of their arrogance and deliberate rule manipulation, because they know they will be let away with it if it’s up to any of the Scottish football hierarchy. 

John Findlay
15 minutes ago, been here before said:

Have you "evidence" she's talking shite?

Or are we heading for a 'Ive been to Tynecastle more than you've had hot dinners and there were no Rangers supporters on the pitch' type scenario again?

Where did I say she was talking shite?

The photo on that thread was from a game against ICT. 

So a Grandma Manchester United supporter, claims in the local Manchester paper that thousands of United fans sang YNWA in remembrance of the deceased in the Munich air disaster. 

They did it once, therefore it's their song. Sounds like an embittered old United fan a bit miffed that Liverpool are currently top dogs down there again.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

As it stands, there are four permanent members of the Joint Response Group – Scottish FA president Rod Petrie, Scottish FA chief executive Ian Maxwell, SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster and Dr John MacLean, the Scottish FA’s chief medical consultant.

In addition, the input and contributions of others from both governing bodies, clubs and other stakeholders in the sport will be called upon as and when required.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/coronavirus-who-footballs-joint-response-group-and-what-do-they-do-2498757

I am unsure if they are still the "main" 4 but at that time there was no representation from the SG or Scottish Parliament.

Am I correct in thinking that the SG expects the JRG to manage Scottish Football in a way to comply with the SG rules and guidance on Covid?

The SG controls the rules, we all follow or we pay the price.

4 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Off point here but this hole thing is just a joke Celtic run the Scottish game calling leagues when it suits them changing games then having the audacity to even suggest there

is some kind of agenda against them they get the lions share of everything they have spent over a decade implementing influential figures in football politics media god knows what else and nothing is ever questioned even the allegations agains the club are not scrutinised proper so what make anyone think the SFA will even acknowledge there jolly abroad 

6 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

It's still same 4 with members of other working parties invited if need be.

I'd also expect Darryl Broadfoot to be at most meetings as Scotland's (SFA) football consultant.

The new Sports Minister and Jason Leitch or their deputes may be asked to join, present but not as standard.

Edited by DETTY29

WoolfordsHearts

I hope wee griffiths doesn't get sticky fingers over there.

He'll get more than a slap on the wrists,probably lose them.

been here before
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Where did I say she was talking shite?

The photo on that thread was from a game against ICT. 

So a Grandma Manchester United supporter, claims in the local Manchester paper that thousands of United fans sang YNWA in remembrance of the deceased in the Munich air disaster. 

They did it once, therefore it's their song. Sounds like an embittered old United fan a bit miffed that Liverpool are currently top dogs down there again.

Personally I could give 2 ****s who sang it first, second, third or fourth. I fired up a link just to throw something into it. You want to come back trying to be a smart ***** going on about "evidence", nae bother. Just reminds me of the last time you dipped your toe in that particular pool.

Funny as ****.

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Personally I could give 2 ****s who sang it first, second, third or fourth. I fired up a link just to throw something into it. You want to come back trying to be a smart ***** going on about "evidence", nae bother. Just reminds me of the last time you dipped your toe in that particular pool.

Funny as ****.

Aye right.

43 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

😂

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

It’s the principle of it. This statement oozes entitlement and a lack of self awareness. 

been here before
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

'Its no our fault we've acted like dicks, its someone elses'

Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles sitting in a dark room with their eyes shut, at night and wearing sunglasses could have seen what an arsehole plan this is/was for several reasons, but not Sellick. Oh no Paddy its the Goverments fault for not telling them.

Always the victims.

WheatfieldWarrior
10 minutes ago, chimpto said:

It’s the principle of it. This statement oozes entitlement and a lack of self awareness. 

I guess they've got to say something. 

It looks daft now though and it isn't like the writing wasn't on the wall.  

jamboinglasgow
23 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think it's part of their obsession with 10 in a row. 

It's because the Dubai trip has been seen as a key part of each of the last treble winning seasons. Maybe an element of superstition. 'If we don't go our run will be affected". 

Unbelievable for a club meant to be close to its communities. 

I said this before and I will say this again, 10 in a row obsession will cause long term damage to Celtic. 

Everything over the last 3 seasons has been win at all costs, so they cant afford to have a season where they can rebuild and may not win the league but have a strong squad for the next few seasons. Lennon is the wrong manager for what Celtic need, but they dont want to risk not getting the title so they wont sack him. They have a squad full of players that need moved on but they dont want to sell at the moment as losing their best players risk 10 in a row. They can bed in young players like they have planned because that risks losing games. Rangers have had the last few seasons to build a strong team, Celtic are relying on strong individuals. Come the summer Celtic could need to rebuild the team (you could argue they could see 12 players leaving including quite a few starters.) 

It could be a real mess for them.

2 hours ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

He , allegedly , has previous for getting more than his fingers sticky .

Does the same rule apply ?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I said this before and I will say this again, 10 in a row obsession will cause long term damage to Celtic. 

Everything over the last 3 seasons has been win at all costs, so they cant afford to have a season where they can rebuild and may not win the league but have a strong squad for the next few seasons. Lennon is the wrong manager for what Celtic need, but they dont want to risk not getting the title so they wont sack him. They have a squad full of players that need moved on but they dont want to sell at the moment as losing their best players risk 10 in a row. They can bed in young players like they have planned because that risks losing games. Rangers have had the last few seasons to build a strong team, Celtic are relying on strong individuals. Come the summer Celtic could need to rebuild the team (you could argue they could see 12 players leaving including quite a few starters.) 

It could be a real mess for them.

First world problems, my heart bleeds 😜

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

He , allegedly , has previous for getting more than his fingers sticky .

Does the same rule apply ?

Thankfully he’s stopped at 4 just now, like we need anymore Hibs neds in the world. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )