Jump to content

Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

So where 'can you have a few pints'?

 

There are pubs down Leith and likely elsewhere in Edinburgh that are open for carryouts generally at the weekends. 

In addition if you have a pint glass in your house it can be filled to the brim with alcohol of your choice and can be drunk at your leisure. You can even have more than 1 pint making that a few pints

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Pasquale for King

    168

  • Mikey1874

    98

  • Rogue Daddy

    71

  • John Findlay

    64

1874robbo
37 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

After this blatant piss take by the clarty mob I'm almost tempted to say I would laugh my cock off if Hibs beat them.

 

However that's a bridge too far....

A draw will do 

Link to post
Share on other sites
corryjambo
9 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Nothing like going overboard

 

They are on a break which will incorporate rest and training (as long as the break is allowed under the current rules and regulations)

 

The failure of many to understand the importance of rest astounds me given the information out there.

 

There is never a fuss when you see Italian players for example having a couple of glasses of wine with a meal but see a glass of lager next to a Scottish player and its as if they have had 7 or 8 pints

 

Had they won on Saturday not a word would have been said but it does not suit the agenda the media wish to take after Celtic's defeat

 

On the public relations front it does not make good viewing but it is hardly a crime and this fake outrage by some on JKB  is just funny

 

 

 

 

 I would have thought that an 8 hour flight both ways over a week period and a time difference of 4 hours would probably negate most of the benefits of such a trip. I am surprised that more people don't understand that given the information out there.

 

I do not care one way or the other whether that effects their performance on the field but what annoys me, and no doubt many others, is the fact that whilst not breaking the law they are without doubt pushing the boundaries of what responsible behaviour should be during this pandemic.

 

We have seen many examples recently of countries being added at very short notice to the list that require quarantine on return. What would happen if Dubai were put on this list this week? Would that not have been deemed to be irresponsible behaviour in taking your complete workforce away when this could happen on your return? Would their opponents be given 3-0 results? I think you know the answer to that one.

 

Fake outrage, I think not, I have no time for their little pals across our city but I do believe it was outrageous that having asked them if they would rearrange their fixture and being told they would not the SPFL in their wisdom decided that they would impose this change to the benefit of Celtic to accommodate this trip.

 

Strangely enough the person I know who is genuinely most outraged by all of this is a Celtic season ticket holder. Fair to say I find his outrage to be most satisfying and if I can wind him up all the better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Nothing like going overboard

 

They are on a break which will incorporate rest and training (as long as the break is allowed under the current rules and regulations)

 

The failure of many to understand the importance of rest astounds me given the information out there.

 

There is never a fuss when you see Italian players for example having a couple of glasses of wine with a meal but see a glass of lager next to a Scottish player and its as if they have had 7 or 8 pints

 

Had they won on Saturday not a word would have been said but it does not suit the agenda the media wish to take after Celtic's defeat

 

On the public relations front it does not make good viewing but it is hardly a crime and this fake outrage by some on JKB  is just funny

 

 

Spot on. 

 

Three of the guys in the picture are from the club's security team so I wouldn't be surprised if several others are associated with the club too. 

 

The UAE is (currently) on the exempt list and from speaking to folk over there on holiday, all airport and complex protocols are strictly adhered too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroonblood22

Dubai is far from 'dry' and there will be plenty of bevvying and contact with the public at that hotel, their 'bubble' is well and truly burst... again.

 

The SG and SPFL should be throwing the book at them for this and there's no way there games should be going ahead as normal when they return although we know how that will go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether the UAE is on a list or not is irrelevant, there are strict protocols in place which allow football to go ahead in Scotland. St Mirren fell foul of them, so did Killie. 

I'd be interested to know what they entail and how these videos fit in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
highlandjambo3
8 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Dubai is far from 'dry' and there will be plenty of bevvying and contact with the public at that hotel, their 'bubble' is well and truly burst... again.

 

The SG and SPFL should be throwing the book at them for this and there's no way there games should be going ahead as normal when they return although we know how that will go.

I’ve been to “dry” countries or regions before, Kerela in India and, Brunei south east Asia.  Beer was regularly served (if you were European) in a tea pot with cups in full view of anyone & everyone, police/officials etc and....it was regularly accepted to be part of the normal everyday thing that a restaurant would do.  You don’t sell beer then your customer base falls away, less income, less local employment, economy weak etc........

It was often suggested that cash regularly changed hands between officials and restaurant owners.

 

Locals drinking however was a different scenario altogether.

Link to post
Share on other sites
south morocco
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Whether the UAE is on a list or not is irrelevant, there are strict protocols in place which allow football to go ahead in Scotland. St Mirren fell foul of them, so did Killie. 

I'd be interested to know what they entail and how these videos fit in.

Sweep sweep probably or a wee public slap on the wrist. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Dubai is far from 'dry' and there will be plenty of bevvying and contact with the public at that hotel, their 'bubble' is well and truly burst... again.

 

The SG and SPFL should be throwing the book at them for this and there's no way there games should be going ahead as normal when they return although we know how that will go.


The SPFL are hardly going to throw the book at them when it was them that made Hibs move the game so Celtic could go on their little holiday.  Scandalous decision from the SPFL and the media should be asking who is running Scottish football - Doncaster or Lawwell?  Would Hibs have been allowed to move this fixture so they could do this while Celtic protested?  I think we know the answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
11 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Nothing like going overboard

 

They are on a break which will incorporate rest and training (as long as the break is allowed under the current rules and regulations)

 

The failure of many to understand the importance of rest astounds me given the information out there.

 

There is never a fuss when you see Italian players for example having a couple of glasses of wine with a meal but see a glass of lager next to a Scottish player and its as if they have had 7 or 8 pints

 

Had they won on Saturday not a word would have been said but it does not suit the agenda the media wish to take after Celtic's defeat

 

On the public relations front it does not make good viewing but it is hardly a crime and this fake outrage by some on JKB  is just funny

 

 

 

Except this is more like

 

We're Glasgow Celtic, we'll do what we want

 

Wouldn't be surprised if it's popcorn's leaving do

 

 

Edited by Maroon Sailor
Link to post
Share on other sites
south morocco
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


The SPFL are hardly going to throw the book at them when it was them that made Hibs move the game so Celtic could go on their little holiday.  Scandalous decision from the SPFL and the media should be asking who is running Scottish football - Doncaster or Lawwell?  Would Hibs have been allowed to move this fixture so they could do this while Celtic protested?  I think we know the answer.

This, in a nutshell. If you’re a hibby you should be furious at this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


The SPFL are hardly going to throw the book at them when it was them that made Hibs move the game so Celtic could go on their little holiday.  Scandalous decision from the SPFL and the media should be asking who is running Scottish football - Doncaster or Lawwell?  Would Hibs have been allowed to move this fixture so they could do this while Celtic protested?  I think we know the answer.

 

Celtic are 3 games behind as well so could easily have fitted one of those matches in on Wednesday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Whether the UAE is on a list or not is irrelevant, there are strict protocols in place which allow football to go ahead in Scotland. St Mirren fell foul of them, so did Killie. 

I'd be interested to know what they entail and how these videos fit in.

The Scotland National Team broke them in Serbia.  Indeed Scottish football's very own Dominic Cummings, Darryl Broadfoot told us on Sportsound about players moving the Covid seat settings so as to sit together to garner team spirit.

 

Unless a game is postponed due to an outbreak, then the JRG is not interested.

Edited by DETTY29
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Really , so all these pubs are shut because they can't be arsed ?

 

Yeah. Go to the Raeburn at Stockbridge. You can have a pint there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroonblood22
21 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’ve been to “dry” countries or regions before, Kerela in India and, Brunei south east Asia.  Beer was regularly served (if you were European) in a tea pot with cups in full view of anyone & everyone, police/officials etc and....it was regularly accepted to be part of the normal everyday thing that a restaurant would do.  You don’t sell beer then your customer base falls away, less income, less local employment, economy weak etc........

It was often suggested that cash regularly changed hands between officials and restaurant owners.

 

Locals drinking however was a different scenario altogether.

 

Agree on that, but Dubai's a different animal as it's not dry in any way. It's hugely westernised with a big expat and tourist base, so you don't have to go far to find a pub or get a beer. This hotel in particular is very popular so that was part of my point, they're not exactly trying to stick to any sort of bubble.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroonblood22
21 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


The SPFL are hardly going to throw the book at them when it was them that made Hibs move the game so Celtic could go on their little holiday.  Scandalous decision from the SPFL and the media should be asking who is running Scottish football - Doncaster or Lawwell?  Would Hibs have been allowed to move this fixture so they could do this while Celtic protested?  I think we know the answer.

 

Totally agree and the photos of them lying by the pool having a pint and being around tourists / general public makes it all the more of a slap in the face for the rest of the SPFL clubs (especially hibs ;)).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ex member of the SaS

With two teams falling foul of ridiculous rules with regard social distancing on a team bus, how do they justify sitting on a plane with people out with the sports bubble. The SG has already stated that the game is on a tight leash yet these manks get to postpone games ( for competitions not associated with Scottish football ) and now this. It really is a disgrace

Link to post
Share on other sites
john thomas
1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

 

There are pubs down Leith and likely elsewhere in Edinburgh that are open for carryouts generally at the weekends. 

In addition if you have a pint glass in your house it can be filled to the brim with alcohol of your choice and can be drunk at your leisure. You can even have more than 1 pint making that a few pints

 

Very good

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Denmark have handled this pandemic very well (imo). I was over at the In-Laws in September and most of the time you wouldn't have known. Was supposed to be over at the beginning of Dec and also just now but due to flight cancellations and the Danish authorities counter measures with the new strain it hasn't been possible, which is obviously heart breaking for my wife and her parents, who haven't had much of a chance to see their Grand Daughter. 

 

In regards to the topic, I'm not concerned about them returning given the safe systems in place in the UAE, it's more how the hell they circumnavigated the quarantine laws so they can be bounding about with the general population!! My brother moved over to Qatar in the summer and he had to jump through hoops (excuse the pun) to get there and abide by the quarantine regulations. Also, as a side note, these countries are far from "Dry", my brother is constantly What's App'ing from the Irish Boozer on a Thursday and Friday night. So long as you are in your designated area and keep a low profile the authorities won't bother you, but do not test them or you are appearing on an episode of Banged Up Abroad in a dingy cramped cell, after having your 10 lashes. 

Sorry to hear that Fraggle , my folks are the same with all their grandkids , its not doing them any good but they understand the need. 
 

Should club together and send a carryout to Broony n Lennon n let them get drunk n go out and “test them” be last we’d see of them. Though i think Celtic fans might be happier than anyone else if that happened...

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

 

Totally agree and the photos of them lying by the pool having a pint and being around tourists / general public makes it all the more of a slap in the face for the rest of the SPFL clubs (especially hibs ;)).

There is always an upside.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Whether the UAE is on a list or not is irrelevant, there are strict protocols in place which allow football to go ahead in Scotland. St Mirren fell foul of them, so did Killie. 

I'd be interested to know what they entail and how these videos fit in.

Correct.  Hundreds, thousands, even, of businesses have been told to close, due to close contact.  Staff told to stay at home, on reduced wages, possibly later to lose their jobs.  Football was given an exemption, if certain rules and protocols were followed.  They surely haven’t been followed here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech

The funny thing about this training camp is to see who is more outraged? - the Hun fans about their Covid creds or the Celtic fans about them boozing by the pool whilst 19 points behind in the league! 

 

Cracking stuff!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Correct.  Hundreds, thousands, even, of businesses have been told to close, due to close contact.  Staff told to stay at home, on reduced wages, possibly later to lose their jobs.  Football was given an exemption, if certain rules and protocols were followed.  They surely haven’t been followed here. 


Football has been given special dispensation when it really should have been closed down like lots of other businesses.  Arsehole footballers, especially in England have thrown this back in everyone’s faces with their do what they want, selfish attitude. They should get closed down again and they only have themselves to blame. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Blackford Hearts
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

This trip would have been organised a while back, on the basis of a “well done” nugget for catching up the other cheek and, a special pat on the back for Celtics outstanding victory on Saturday but, alas it’s all coming apart at the seams.........

I remember when we were pish and had our Christmas break/holiday cancelled.....that would have been Celtic’s better option but no......PR disaster looms and popcorn is ready.

For another pint or being sacked? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

 

Spurtsound may be worth a listen tonight to hear the totally unbiased panel of 'experts' venting their fury at the tramps for their despicable behaviour. 

 

Expect them to drag Hearts into it and to make the leagues null and void.

 

Actually the last point about the leagues may yet transpire......

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
3 hours ago, His name is said:

I'm actually surprised the press haven't book into the same hotel waiting on a full HD photo opportunity

Ironically that would qualify as "essential business travel"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Japan Jambo
16 hours ago, 22games nro said:

Just saw this, seemingly not from their hotel but a local sports bar !

1CCB4C12-2C8F-4A31-B963-BD4114D614F6.jpeg

 

At the very least tone deaf and insensitive. Could well see Football getting stopped again in short order, wonder if they will be so anxious to call the leagues this go around?

Link to post
Share on other sites

They have 3 SPFL games to play.

 

At least one of these games should have been played midweek. 

 

This will backfire on them unless the SPFL bails them out again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
1 minute ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Heading home tonight apparently  😆

Got to get in before the lockdown I assume. A 10 or 14 day quarantine would be rather embarrassing for both club and SPFL...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jap Jambo said:

 

At the very least tone deaf and insensitive. Could well see Football getting stopped again in short order, wonder if they will be so anxious to call the leagues this go around?

 

 

Just read some comments from them on Twitter asking for the SPFL to null and void the leagues to keep Hearts down :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Spurtsound may be worth a listen tonight to hear the totally unbiased panel of 'experts' venting their fury at the tramps for their despicable behaviour. 

 

Expect them to drag Hearts into it and to make the leagues null and void.

 

Actually the last point about the leagues may yet transpire......

 

I have had a quick look on Aunties Celtic Sports page and not a dickie bird about their Training camp in Dubai. Funny that.

However they have the death of Gerry Marsden as their top Celtic story just now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

 

I have had a quick look on Aunties Celtic Sports page and not a dickie bird about their Training camp in Dubai. Funny that.

However they have the death of Gerry Marsden as their top Celtic story just now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic

 

Was Gerry a Celtic fan.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

 

Beeped if I know 

I know he was a Liverpool fan

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fxxx the SPFL
15 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Was Gerry a Celtic fan.

 

doubt he set foot in that shithole

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I know he was a Liverpool fan

 

I can take no responsibility for the BBC and their sports coverage but I can let you see the original song from the Musical Carousel, an absolute belter

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

doubt he set foot in that shithole

None of them give a **** about him

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jim Panzee
20 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Was Gerry a Celtic fan.

 

didn't sellick claim that you'll never walk along was 'their' song before  liverpool 'adopted' it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

didn't sellick claim that you'll never walk along was 'their' song before  liverpool 'adopted' it?

Kidnapped, turned it into a circus song. Would have to google to find out who sang it first, can't be arsed.

Changed my mind.

"A Scouser and lifelong Liverpool fan, Marsden was the lead singer of 1960s Merseybeat band Gerry and the Pacemakers, whose rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone was adopted by the Kop in 1963," the club said in a statement.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

Not remotely interested in this other than to say I wish it happened in reverse.  Celtic coming to Scotland for a drinking camp once every few years or even annually would be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gmcjambo

No amount of training will improve Scott Brown. Just seen this tweet of Lineker laughing at him 😁

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:


It’s hilarious .  Here lads have a few days in 5* luxury away from covid laced Scotland. Enjoy yerselves after being properly buggered by our arch rivals 🤣🤣

 

Who would deny them their end of season party? Show a bit charity FFS

Link to post
Share on other sites
Section Q
1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

didn't sellick claim that you'll never walk along was 'their' song before  

image.png.94e94ba4229a10258c2ca5da45ab8997.png

 

THEY'LL NEVER WALK ALONE......!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gmcjambo

Deputy First Minister 

On Celtic's trip to Dubai: "I don't think it's a good idea, I don't think it's a particularly great example set to people... we've all got to demonstrate leadership"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • davemclaren changed the title to Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...