Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

The sad thing is that even if that list of players available is accurate there is still too much in it for most of the league. Lots of internationals and players above the budget of other clubs. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Does anyone know when the 10 day isolation period actually started?   Wondering what the overall impact will be on them....

Players miss games against Hibs and Livingston 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

That's a fake list, too from a fake Raman account.

Yeah saw that too late after I had posted my second post. Guess we will see tonight the damage to Celtic

2 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

Self entitled Celtic the victims in this, I hope they get absolutely slaughtered by the SPFL and the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute, I can’t see it happening but be 100% certain that if we did this the media would be frothing at the mouth and have pages and pages on what punishment we should get. 
if ever there was a moment for the shitty media in our country to stand up and point the finger about the bias and incompetence  in our game, now is that time. I won’t be holding my breath though...

Even Sturgeon nailed them in her statement when she condemned them for their pish up to Dubai.

Doncaster and Petrie on the other hand will issue a wishy washy statement after full consultation with Lawwell.

Any other team would be absolutely slaughtered by the SFA and SPFL! 😏

Edited by Thomaso

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Players miss games against Hibs and Livingston 

The only downside is Hibs get a huge advantage for their game.

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Ecce Romanov said:

Side point, but it seems odd that every other club that i have seen haven't named the person with COVID for confidentiality reasons, but Celtic have chosen to do so.

It usually comes out but as you say they usually don’t announce it, especially when it’s an injured player who wouldn’t be missed. 

Somehow I don't think they will release the players names before a match, 24 hours before they release names I think.    I am thinking they will have significant changes though. 

I just can't see this null and void option.

Unless Celtic are offering back handers at millions per club, too much TV money still to be paid out this season.

Clubs existence depends on it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, DETTY29 said:

I just can't see this null and void option.

Unless Celtic are offering back handers at millions per club, too much TV money still to be paid out this season.

Clubs existence depends on it.

Also, they’d find it impossible to deny that they look like they’re desperate for it. The Dubai trip almost puts null and void off the table IMO. It would be a reward for negligence 

Just now, HMFC01 said:

Somehow I don't think they will release the players names before a match, 24 hours before they release names I think.    I am thinking they will have significant changes though. 

May get leaked but there won't be anything official from Celtic until team lines out tonight and how far the press are prepared to ask questions of whoever does the pre match interviews.  Damien Duff?

Using my time machine got a wee preview of tonight's game 70 minutes in.

I know its Strachan but if you narrow your eyes it could be Lennon:rofl:

Edit - all pish, teams were mixed up.

Hibs +1 at Evens is still a decent shout tonight.

Edited by tian447

The Treasurer
38 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

haha yikes Celtic without basically everyone they'd start and maybe even their bench for their games vs Hibs tonight.

Will be interesting. If Hibs lose to an U18/16 Celtic side that will be laughable. I hope it is a draw with Hibs 2-0 up until injury time where Celtic's toddlers score 2. Humiliation for Hibs and more dropped points for Celtic.

Given the teams involved a draw is probably the most desirable result as it doesn't help either club much.

Throw in a couple of red cards, injuries and a few positive tests in the next few days (mild symptoms of course)

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

May get leaked but there won't be anything official from Celtic until team lines out tonight and how far the press are prepared to ask questions of whoever does the pre match interviews.  Damien Duff?

Very unlikely!

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Hibs 3/4, Draw 7/2, Celtic 13/5 on Bet365.

Even more strange is Celtic -1 goal at 2/1, when their 90 minute market is bigger odds than that.  Bookies don't seem to know what's going on.  Even money for Hibs +1 goal!

There is money to be made out there tonight if you fancy Hibs not to make an arse of the best chance they'll ever have to do them.

The bookies do realise its Hibs playing?? 🤔

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Hibs 3/4, Draw 7/2, Celtic 13/5 on Bet365.

Even more strange is Celtic -1 goal at 2/1, when their 90 minute market is bigger odds than that.  Bookies don't seem to know what's going on.  Even money for Hibs +1 goal!

There is money to be made out there tonight if you fancy Hibs not to make an arse of the best chance they'll ever have to do them.

Still wouldnt touch the Hobo's ..all set up for a classic Hibsed it

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Genuine list from a fake account aye?

How sad can someone be to make a fake account of this complete and utter nobody 😆😂

Just now, Thomaso said:

The bookies do realise its Hibs playing?? 🤔

Sorry, I have edited my post, I mixed the teams up because I assumed Hibs were at home!  Celtic were 3/4 :rofl:

Hibs +1 is still Evens though!

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Duff left Celtic a while ago

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

He left the club last year, just been emptied from

ROI too. 
Gavin Strachan apparently. 

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Duff left Celtic a while ago

Yes he went to concentrate full time of his job with the Eire National Team from which he has since resigned.

Bazzas right boot

The SG won't be happy with the new photos circulating on social media, kind  of puts holes in the trading camp/ professional team theory. 

They clearly done other things. 

FB_IMG_1610377771095.jpg

FB_IMG_1610377759780.jpg

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Seen the pictures of Julien with crutches? Wasn’t even fit enough to train out there :rofl:

But apparently despite this, the sole reason for the trip was for 'performance reasons'. 

You couldn't make it up if you tried.... 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The SG won't be happy with the new photos circulating on social media, kind  of puts holes in the trading camp/ professional team theory. 

FB_IMG_1610377771095.jpg

FB_IMG_1610377759780.jpg

That ***** with the huge heid certainly looks like he perfects his technique in the pool. 

Horatio Caine

Looking at the list of those supposedly self isolating, Celtic still have more than enough to see off Hibs.  Bain (yes I know), Laxalt, Edouard, Griffiths, Soro etc.  Not a seriously weakened team.  Plus, no Lennon so that's a strength.

3-0 Celtic.

bigsuperslim1874
2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Looking at the list of those supposedly self isolating, Celtic still have more than enough to see off Hibs.  Bain (yes I know), Laxalt, Edouard, Griffiths, Soro etc.  Not a seriously weakened team.  Plus, no Lennon so that's a strength.

3-0 Celtic.

Both lists doing the rounds are fake - still not sure who is available. Hibs will Hibs it regardless....

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That ***** with the huge heid certainly looks like he perfects his technique in the pool. 

😂😂

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Love trolling these Celtic ***** on twitter, has filled a bit of time today. You also find stuff like this. 

2D45C2D8-4AC9-44E1-838A-2606897E78F2.jpeg

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If you include players suspended and injured, I make the Celtic first team squad for tonight as:

GK

Scott Bain

DF

Greg Taylor

Shane Duffy

Jeremie Frimpong

Hatam Abd Elhamed

Stephen Welsh

MF

Ryan Christie

Tom Rogic

Mikey Johnson

Mohamed Elyounoussi

Callum MacGregor

Ewan Henderson

ST

Patryk Klimala

Duffy might not play but, knowing Celtic, he might.  I heard that, while Celtic claimed he was allowed to go home for family reasons, he was actually sent home for gross misbehaviour.

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

FB_IMG_1610377771095.jpg

FB_IMG_1610377759780.jpg

Brilliant!😍😍😍

15 minutes ago, Browser said:

Duffy might not play but, knowing Celtic, he might.  I heard that, while Celtic claimed he was allowed to go home for family reasons, he was actually sent home for gross misbehaviour.

He refused to take part in the beer pong.... not a team player out the door straight away!

Regardless the Lolometer is set to stun if the Hobos get beaten tonight off Celtics wee team.

Bearing in mind Hibs are ACTUALLY Celtic’s wee team)

7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He refused to take part in the beer pong.... not a team player out the door straight away!

Nope it is because when he had to drink he missed his mouth by a mile

4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Regardless the Lolometer is set to stun if the Hobos get beaten tonight off Celtics wee team.

Bearing in mind Hibs are ACTUALLY Celtic’s wee team)

B team v wee team

Pasquale for King

Ian Maxwell stopped short of criticising Celtic, I think he said “lalalalalala” whilst sticking his fingers in his ears. He also disagreed with NS about the SG giving it’s permission. 

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, Browser said:

If he was out the bubble and on a normal flight you would think he should be isolating too. 

Hagar the Horrible

Celtic wont be able to cover any misbehavour from Duffy for too long, if he plays tonight it will tell you a story, that Celtic are in cover up mode, as if the play him and he breached rules, it will bite them hard.  However if he does not play that tells you he bdid breach rules or worse they think he is shite.

I liked the FM stating football wont all be punsihed by the antics of one club

Hagar the Horrible
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If he was out the bubble and on a normal flight you would think he should be isolating too. 

Thats a good point,  Hibs should call that into the mix if he is picked

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would think that too...if he didn't play for one of the uglies

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why? The exemption for elite sportspeople doesn't specify that they need to be on private planes. Wouldn't be surprised if Celtic themselves travelled on a scheduled flight with Emirates.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Sooperstar said:

Why? The exemption for elite sportspeople doesn't specify that they need to be on private planes. Wouldn't be surprised if Celtic themselves travelled on a scheduled flight with Emirates.

If you leave the bubble you should isolate, remember the cricket players doing it, golfers too.