Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

If they do get off with it, which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, will Kilmarnock, St Midden and Aberdeen come out and publicty slate the SPFL/SFA or will they just suck it up

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

underwaterwoodwelder
On 03/01/2021 at 21:07, Weebroon98 said:

7FCF577F-0888-4142-98AB-4E773BCCCBCE.jpeg

Brown telling sugur puff teeth that I used to be awright player but now I'm p!sh.

10 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Would love to see that.

The only option for celtic here, is to play the game with a weakened side... with not just the player with COVID missing. If they are to play completely by the book (for once) we'll be looking at an almost entire 'B' string.

Anything else will be a disaster for them.... which is kinda what I'd like to see. I really don't know how they can spin this one with the whole country and government watching closely.

That's what should happen. Celtic should be punished in some way for this discretion. 

If they can field a team, whether that is Academy players or Reserves, then they can fulfil their fixtures.

If they aren't willing to do that, they should have to forfeit the fixtures they would have played while their first team players are isolating. 

If this were anyone bar the Celtic and probably Rangers, they'd throw the book at them, without a doubt. 

2 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

If they do get off with it, which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, will Kilmarnock, St Midden and Aberdeen come out and publicty slate the SPFL/SFA or will they just suck it up

I think they'll have their 'punishments' retrospectively retracted. Killie have already cited them (and their Dubai jolly) in their 'appeal'.

Now that shellick have punishments looming, watch them all disappear for everyone.

2 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

How’s it it different to us having a player test positive then playing a game? Genuine question. 

Presumably because our players haven’t been sitting on a plane together for 7 hours .

What should happen - they should forfeit all games in their 10 day isolation  period 3-0

What will happen - next 2 games postponed until a later date, no punishment or repercussions, swept under the carpet, and killie and St mirrens 3-0 losses over turned. 

Ridiculous. The SG must be close to breaking point with Scottish football. 

The panic here will be having to award the other team 3 points like how Motherwell scored a few 3-0 wins for free..... NOT A CHANCE THAT WILL HAPPEN.

Scottish football is a corrupt mess.

1 minute ago, gordiegords said:

How’s it it different to us having a player test positive then playing a game? Genuine question. 

(I'm assuming) our player didn't share a plane, beers, swimming pool, dining table.... it all comes down to their 'bubble' and who was in it and for what purposes. Given they were all on a jolly, it's fair to assume if one has it - more will have it.

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

(I'm assuming) our player didn't share a plane, beers, swimming pool, dining table.... it all comes down to their 'bubble' and who was in it and for what purposes. Given they were all on a jolly, it's fair to assume if one has it - more will have it.

I was thinking no way only one caught it , I wouldn’t be surprised if they intentionally only said one player but a few are being kept quiet about.

Gordon Ramsay
4 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

What should happen - they should forfeit all games in their 10 day isolation  period 3-0

What will happen - next 2 games postponed until a later date, no punishment or repercussions, swept under the carpet, and killie and St mirrens 3-0 losses over turned. 

Ridiculous. The SG must be close to breaking point with Scottish football. 

Exactly the way I see it. 

The agony of choice..... do I want Hubz to absolutely shaft shellick.... or do I want shellicks under 19s to shaft hubz? Soooo torn.

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Wow.

Can they affort to.  Lot of 3.0s coming our way.

They’ve all just been given half a million pounds each so you would think so

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

The agony of choice..... do I want Hubz to absolutely shaft shellick.... or do I want shellicks under 19s to shaft hubz? Soooo torn.

Come on Celtic, I want every other club to suffer 

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Celtic have no chance in league so a shafting of hibs all day long 

I know what I would find more amusing.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Have they got it yet?

But yes you would hope so.

I had my bet on Hibs (yes I know) at 7/1 this morning.

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Exactly. 

Maybe I have this the wrong way round by why should all clubs below championship level including the women's game be punished(this is what this is) for Celtic's wrongdoing again?

The Future's Maroon
4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

That's a result for us surely?

Yes you are right, I didn’t read or think about it properly!

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Maybe I have this the wrong way round by why should all clubs below championship level including the women's game be punished(this is what this is) for Celtic's wrongdoing again?

I am not sure this is directly because of celtic's wrongdoing (although they did wrong). This is replicating what is happening down south.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

None of them have the funds to take the SPFL to court?

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Celtic are the victims here, all clubs below are putting 10IAR at risk

Why are all clubs not going tonto ever Celtic on this Lennon was very vocal about the scotland under 21 game

lets be clear once again Celtic drag our game down,  how many times before they kill off clubs, not Covid

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I am not sure this is directly because of celtic's wrongdoing (although they did wrong). This is replicating what is happening down south.

Which to me just proves that the JRG/SPFL/SFA cant think for themselves.

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I don't think it is directly related.

Elite sport continues on basis that testing protocols can be put in place.

Edited by DETTY29

ToadKiller Dog

Could work for Celtic they will argue failed in 10 in a row cause of covid not results and the orcs ,that will they hope take seed in the minds of their support always cheated never defeated mindset .

If it works they won't have to punt Lennon.

Cheated by covid myth will take hold and they will seek to diminish the Orc title win.

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I think these are new restrictions regardless of Celtic's incompetence

I'm not sure how it works but players are self isolating and going through re-tests which I assume will be NHS ones.

Does this mean if players get a negative NHS test this afternoon, players can be released for tonight?

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

I'm not sure how it works but players are self isolating and going through re-tests which I assume will be NHS ones.

Does this mean if players get a negative NHS test this afternoon, players can be released for tonight?

That's what's happened in the past - players who initially tested positive but then got re-tested and were negative are able to play.

But maybe more players will test positive today if they are retesting.

Edited by kila

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

If the 13 players being told to isolate show up tonight the game will be shut down tomorrow. If it's only 13 players and they complete their fixtures then we'll hear no more about it I suspect, and Celtic will once again walk away without sanction.

Pasquale for King

Celtic are still likely to win tonight. 
I wonder if any journo will ask why an injured player went on a training trip 🤔?

18 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Yes you are right, I didn’t read or think about it properly!

Nothing new there pal

as an aside try and wrap your head around Kellys reply 🤣

9643F2D5-EB16-4527-A90C-84E299D02074.jpeg

Edited by sadj

The Apprentice

Celtic confirm the positive Julien case and isolation of further 13 players as well as Lennon and Kennedy, but say they will fulfil the fixture tonight against Hibs.  Just on SSN.