Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The SPFL are ****ing scum. You can see cases off the back of this and everything going to shit. Not that they care

Yip, clear as day. 

The shortsighted of these arses is astonishing. 

The funny thing is, if there are more cases on the back this, thier action will be to suspend the championship. 

They will think that proves they are taking measures, but if the refusal to test is true, then I think the SG will say enough is enough - you can't govern your game sufficiently during the pandemic. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Just now, Newton51 said:

If the circumstances were the other way around then they would be asking for the additional testing 

cert

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Perfectly reasonable request that any decent community minded club/organisation would accede to. Beyond disgusting that it isn't being done but depressing that I'm not surprised. It's a tinpot league run by a cabal; if it wasn't for my love of Hearts I would walk away. 

I know it's hibs, but you are bang on. 

Disgusting and if there are further cases then no doubt every club will suffer. 

Absolute *****. 

15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

SPFL threatening Hibs they would be hit with a 3-0 loss if they pulled out of playing COVID-19 FC.

Even the greatest comedy writers couldnt have come up with this.

so stand up and face them down or roll over and have them rub your belly. Poodles...

Bazzas right boot

They even got this game moved without hibs knowing so they could go on the holiday in the first place. 

You can't make it up. 

🤣

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Celtic team's got more than enough talent to beat Hibs.

Well they’ve got the wonder dwarf Dembele on the bench. A lad that was lauded for playing about 20 minutes of a match when a mere child of 16. 
He’s older than Hickey. 

willie wallace

Not sure if I got the wrong list of players who have to isolate but why are the top men missing for Celtic.

No Griffiths,Eduarde,Christie.

6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

If the circumstances were the other way around then they would be asking for the additional testing 

Agreed, but they’d be demanding, rather than asking, and my bet is, their demand would have had a different result 

Just now, norrie1952 said:

Don't think Tom English will be getting hospitality at parkhead  any time soon 

If you are on Twitter all the Celtic fans are convinced he’s a Rangers fan. And obviously the Rangers fans are convinced he’s a Celtic fan. 

1 minute ago, willie wallace said:

Not sure if I got the wrong list of players who have to isolate but why are the top men missing for Celtic.

you got wrong list

avhudtheteeshirt
1 minute ago, willie wallace said:

Are they isolating?????

Or is it just a way of saying they have covid but we can't say we have more than 1 case????

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Kennedy hasn't made any effort to find out how it all works. 

The Public Health people have signed off Duffy can play. He came back early for family business.

Duffy returned to the UK on 06/01/2021 and "should" be self isolating

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18987454.shane-duffy-exits-celtic-dubai-training-camp-returns-home/

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-public-health-checks-at-borders/pages/exemptions/

From the Scot.Gov site

U

United Arab Emirates, except Dubai (arrivals from Dubai will be required to self-isolate on arrival from 04:00 Monday 11 January 2021. Those passengers that have travelled back to Scotland from Dubai since 3 January 2021 are also being asked to isolate for 10 days, from the date they arrived back in the country)

Just now, Tazio said:

If you are on Twitter all the Celtic fans are convinced he’s a Rangers fan. And obviously the Rangers fans are convinced he’s a Celtic fan. 

It’s exactly that kind of knuckle dragging that’s lead to this point 

the football authorities have backed themselves into a corner big time by ‘allowing’ and actively facilitating celtics holiday, meaning there’s no way they will challenge them about the consequences 

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Kennedy hasn't made any effort to find out how it all works. 

The Public Health people have signed off Duffy can play. He came back early for family business.

But he didn't come back on Celtic's charter flight : so what are the guidelines from the SG on people arriving back in Scotland on standard international flights where that country has double the Covid rate of Scotland (genuine question, I don't live in Scotland) ? 

1 minute ago, 7628mm said:

Duffy returned to the UK on 06/01/2021 and "should" be self isolating

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18987454.shane-duffy-exits-celtic-dubai-training-camp-returns-home/

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-public-health-checks-at-borders/pages/exemptions/

From the Scot.Gov site

U

United Arab Emirates, except Dubai (arrivals from Dubai will be required to self-isolate on arrival from 04:00 Monday 11 January 2021. Those passengers that have travelled back to Scotland from Dubai since 3 January 2021 are also being asked to isolate for 10 days, from the date they arrived back in the country)

Celtic trip is elite sports and doesn't need to follow this.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

He came back on a standard international flight ? Meanwhile Celtic are telling everyone that they're OK cos they had their own private flight ? 

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Did they comment on this or did you just notice 

I just noticed, they showed the clip about three times. He had his crutches. I thought that knew he was positive before they came home?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, clear as day. 

The shortsighted of these arses is astonishing. 

The funny thing is, if there are more cases on the back this, thier action will be to suspend the championship. 

They will think that proves they are taking measures, but if the refusal to test is true, then I think the SG will say enough is enough - you can't govern your game sufficiently during the pandemic. 

Put simply, if Hibs had gone to Dubai then the SPFL would be rinsing them

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But if Duffy didn’t travel with the rest of the team was he temporarily not under elite sports protocol? 

22 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

So Darrell Broadfoot making a tube of himself on the airwaves again defending the indefensible. 

problem he has is that as the PR guru for the league he was asleep at the wheel for failing to point out what a PR disaster authorising/failing to pull the trip was.

Edited by Japan Jambo

Italian Lambretta
Just now, Tazio said:

But if Duffy didn’t travel with the rest of the team was he temporarily not under elite sports protocol? 

Well that's an interesting question because he was photographed amongst other foreign travellers arriving back at a London airport

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He came back on a standard international flight ? Meanwhile Celtic are telling everyone that they're OK cos they had their own private flight ? 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Doesn't matter. It's not required they take charter flight. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He's still an elite sportsman. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

This. I just don't get it. "elite" sportsmen can do what they want,  on any flight anywhere ? How is that "elite" ? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Barack said:

Not Hibs' biggest fan. But that SPFL threat against them, for want of a better word, is quite shameless. Even for them.

This is why the clubs should stick together when celtic or rangers are bullying Scottish football. 

Never happen tho, rivalries, petty squabbling, selfishness and point scoring amongst fans is more important, and Tbh  funnier. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Hearts007 said:

Not most peoples view of him 😄

Tbf, if we were going with that, there would only be about 5 folk covered in Scottish football. 😂

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Not Hibs' biggest fan. But that SPFL threat against them, for want of a better word, is quite shameless. Even for them.

Shocking , if Hibs want to show a duty of care , they need to leave Glasgow now. SFA, play tonight and if you catch anything we will let you cancel the semi final . 
Sure St J will be happy with that . Corrupt 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, salvo69 said:
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He flew home early. If you’re out the bubble, especially when travelling I think you should isolate. 

I’m speechless too 😜

Neil Dongcaster

Hibs didn’t give a **** when we got relegated so Celtic could win their title so forgive me for failing to care. I wish both of them the very worst of luck.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, WT Laurie said:

Shocking , if Hibs want to show a duty of care , they need to leave Glasgow now. SFA, play tonight and if you catch anything we will let you cancel the semi final . 
Sure St J will be happy with that . Corrupt 

It's beyond belief. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, if we were going with that, there would only be about 5 folk covered in Scottish football. 😂

:thumbsup:

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Doesn't matter. It's not required they take charter flight. 

But if he leaves their bubble he should have to isolate as other elite sports people have had too.