Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

ToadKiller Dog
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What's Doncaster saying about this?

I expect he will come out with some double speak nonsense with Dick Gordon on Saturday .

Also expect some half hearted apology which really isn't an apology blaming others from Lawwell or even Desmond as they try to repair the pr damage ,some time soon.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Off topic, but Carol Vorderman eats three bags of sprouts a week. 

No wonder she has an arse the size of a hoose.

But it's only a bungalow

Hagar the Horrible

If taking Celtic at their word (big ask)  that Duffy left the bubble for family reasons, how come he gets straight into the squad without having to self isolate for 10 days, he was in dubai and on a public flight

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So more mysteriously covidproof than the rest of us. Amazing. The regulations really are bullshit. 

Aya and naw, he's working your still allowed to go to work.- that's not changed. For example, Nurses, cleaners, retail staff  don't work 1 shift the take the next 10 off to isolate as they've been to work.

What will no doubt be reviewed tho is the suspension of elite sport and it's continuation during lockdown and certain tiers, so these folk don't need to be about. Cleary that is on the cards due the pandemic in general but also with Celtic making it a media frenzy and behaving like arseholes and seemingly doing everything possible to bring it to Sturgeons attention.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Believe me, I'm trying.

Haven't really read Duffy's scenario. If the argument is; that he's still travelling back to London under the auspices of official "Celtic-related business" and part of the "training squad" as an "elite sportman" even though it's a family matter. Rather than Mr. Duffy the citizen, returning home under the same pretence. But given the change in Dubai's Covid-19 cases, meaning he should in theory quarantine at home in London...then as I say, it's a grey tenuous area, that can & has been exploited by folk, 100%.

Re the last sentence, you’re likely spot on. But they knew the rules generally like everyone else does and know full well why they’re in place.  
So ripping the piss out of the loopholes in the rules is IMO low, and as Celtic have proved, unsurprisingly it can have consequences 

not that our esteemed football hierarchy care though 

alwaysthereinspirit

Not that there was ever any doubt but I think our second rate football association has just confirmed that they are the lowest of the low. Our game is run by absolute clueless morons. I’m scared they haven’t quite hit bottom yet.

Gordon Ramsay
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What's Doncaster saying about this?

Need to retrieve his head from Lawwell’s arse to find out. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Has there ever been a bigger "no lose" game from our perspective? No matter the result of this game, we can still piss ourselves laughing no matter the outcome.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Has there ever been a bigger "no lose" game from our perspective? No matter the result of this game, we can still piss ourselves laughing no matter the outcome.

True. I need to look on the bright side 🤣

52 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Perfectly reasonable request that any decent community minded club/organisation would accede to. Beyond disgusting that it isn't being done but depressing that I'm not surprised. It's a tinpot league run by a cabal; if it wasn't for my love of Hearts I would walk away. 

It's pathetic.  The spfl have basically said Celtic don't have to.  Why not use common sense in these circumstances?

Celtic saying that a player could've caught it at home.  He didn't, he caught it on a trip where Kennedy admitted 'minor' breaches of the rules. 

And celtic aren't to blame for this in any way?  Tom English was right.  It's only Celtic who are responsible for this.

Scottish football is playing a dangerous game if Celtic get off with this with fans having lost the habit of going.  

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Gavin Strachan says Shane Duffy was "allowed back into the bubble" because he had another negative test.

I thought they would have had a better reason than that. As the virus has an incubation period this is why the government were against testing on entry to the UK and requiring isolation.

If it is officially recognised that he was no longer ok under the elite sportsperson rules I don't see how this can be overridden by a negative test.

Will be interested to hear Jason Leitch's view on that.

Pasquale for King

Was it just the Scottish Cup that was postponed for 3 weeks, I thought they said all cups? Hibs were talking about their league cup semi in two weeks. 

2 minutes ago, a11ank said:

Is it just me or have I missed something?

How are there only 13 players self isolating when all 30 of them flew home together?

Celtic said the other 17 sat out on the wings of the plane

Edited by Hearts007

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was it just the Scottish Cup that was postponed for 3 weeks, I thought they said all cups? Hibs were talking about their league cup semi in two weeks. 

Its 4 teams that are testing so semis go ahead 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just Scottish cup due to lower league teams and travel

6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

If taking Celtic at their word (big ask)  that Duffy left the bubble for family reasons, how come he gets straight into the squad without having to self isolate for 10 days, he was in dubai and on a public flight

Madness.

Not even an attempt from Celtic or the governing body to do the right thing for public health. Instead, the usual obfuscation.

13 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Still stand by this or have you changed your opinion ?

Totally stand by it...are you unable to read the post

Going to Dubai was open to question and indeed as the post indicated just not good from a public relations point of view

However were they allowed to do so ? yes under the rules at the time...oh and rest is important like it or not...just as breaking the rules is

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, theshed said:

Its 4 teams that are testing so semis go ahead 

Cool I thought it might be that, makes sense for once. 

5 minutes ago, a11ank said:

Is it just me or have I missed something?

How are there only 13 players self isolating when all 30 of them flew home together?

Same as if me or you were on a plane with someone who had Covid. We would only be required to isolate if we were sat within a certain distance of that person.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Just Scottish cup due to lower league teams and travel

Good of them to let Brora do it tonight though 🙈

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

Believe me, I'm trying.

Haven't really read Duffy's scenario. If the argument is; that he's still travelling back to London under the auspices of official "Celtic-related business" and part of the "training squad" as an "elite sportman" even though it's a family matter. Rather than Mr. Duffy the citizen, returning home under the same pretence. But given the change in Dubai's Covid-19 cases, meaning he should in theory quarantine at home in London...then as I say, it's a grey tenuous area, that can & has been exploited by folk, 100%.

I've not looked at the official travel advice since this kicked off, I must admit. So I'm being theoretic in my assumptions, in honesty.

Just get her nose right up there 🤢

Shanks said no
6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

That puzzled me too, the FCO advice says

Summary
Still current at:11 January 2021

Updated:11 January 2021

Latest update:
All air and sea points of entry between the UAE and Qatar reopened on 9 January 2021.

If you are returning to Scotland from Dubai on or after 4am on 11 January, you need to self-isolate on your return. Check the latest guidance for Scotland.

So I don't think he does need to self isolate for 10 days

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Lawell would've naturally been laughing at them, from the palatial comfort of one of the Residence Suites, that they have in Emirates First Class.

Don't blame him. Pay £20k & laughing & abusing plebs is included in the price of the ticket.🤷‍♂️

🙂

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

yeah you can’t catch Covid until after midnight like gremlins

What insane reason does Strachan think not wearing a facemask is a good idea tonight. Just gives the impression of **** You....

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

That puzzled me too, the FCO advice says

Summary
Still current at:11 January 2021

Updated:11 January 2021

Latest update:
All air and sea points of entry between the UAE and Qatar reopened on 9 January 2021.

If you are returning to Scotland from Dubai on or after 4am on 11 January, you need to self-isolate on your return. Check the latest guidance for Scotland.

So I don't think he does need to self isolate for 10 days

The rule, which came into effect at 04:00, will also apply retrospectively for passengers who have made the journey since 3 January.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Totally stand by it...are you unable to read the post

Going to Dubai was open to question and indeed as the post indicated just not good from a public relations point of view

However were they allowed to do so ? yes under the rules at the time...oh and rest is important like it or not...just as breaking the rules is

I can read the post ya plonker

Condoning the trip is what I see from you

1 minute ago, sadj said:

What insane reason does Strachan think not wearing a facemask is a good idea tonight. Just gives the impression of **** You....

and if anyone needs a mask its him

Fair play to Hibs though - forcing the SPFL to bet the house, car and family dog on Celtic getting no more cases in the next week was quite a clever move...

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

He returned to London. The advice the same i assume?

think was only a Scotland rule but landing in the U.K. Covid hotspot not the brightest idea

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

yeah you can’t catch Covid until after midnight like gremlins

Hahahahaha Hibs should be ok then 😆

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

and if anyone needs a mask its him

A ****ing muzzle would be better, short arse Hibs *****. 

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Fair play to Hibs though - forcing the SPFL to bet the house, car and family dog on Celtic getting no more cases in the next week was quite a clever move...

Yes, if any of the celtic players are positive who are in the squad and if any hits catch it things will get real interesting, I think the lawyers will be standing by!

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Maybe explains Maxwell's comment about how Celtic could've stayed in Scotland and still ended up with positive cases.

Stubbs proving himself to be the bug eyed cock as usual.

Cant believe he’s trying to blame Scottish Govt for allowing them to go.

Celtic made the choice to go instead of cancelling. They now need to ‘Take their Medicine’

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Camelon one up.

Pasquale for King
Just now, merseyjambo said:

Stubbs proving himself to be the bug eyed cock as usual.

Cant believe he’s trying to blame Scottish Govt for allowing them to go.

Celtic made the choice to go instead of cancelling. They now need to ‘Take their Medicine’

His cv is an envelope with Lawells name on it waiting to be posted. 

Just now, kila said:

Maybe explains Maxwell's comment about how Celtic could've stayed in Scotland and still ended up with positive cases.

That line must come straight from Lawwell! Haha

The thing is that the trip was being questioned before they even went. It has been questioned since they asked to move the match from last weekend...

Once again the SPFL have shown themselves to be utterly incompetent (as have the SFA).