Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

40 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Statement o'clock

https://www.celticfc.com/news/2021/january/Celtic-Football-Club-Statement/

Celtic Football Club confirmed today that Christopher Jullien has tested positive for Covid-19 and is self-isolating at home. We wish Christopher a speedy recovery.

While all of the other members of the squad and backroom team have tested negative, we have been informed by the authorities that, having been deemed ‘close contacts’, Celtic manager Neil Lennon, assistant John Kennedy and 13 first-team players will be required to self-isolate on a precautionary basis as required by the current regulations.  

The Club would like to thank the Scottish FA, JRG and the Scottish Government for their assistance in managing this case. Celtic will, of course, fulfill its fixture against Hibernian this evening.  

Clearly we are hugely disappointed, as we know our supporters will be. The contacts were identified during the period from Wednesday last week, primarily around flight and team coach travel, during which time Celtic applied the same rigorous protocols used for pre-season training camps, UEFA match travel and for all domestic match arrangements in Scotland.    

These protocols have served us well in the past, as the Club has not had one positive case in our own ‘bubble’ until now. As we have already stated, Celtic’s decision to travel to Dubai for a training camp was for performance reasons. Whilst we were in Dubai, the announcements made on January 4 significantly changed the COVID landscape.  

The reality is that a case could well have occurred had the team remained in Scotland, as other cases have done in Scottish football and across UK sport in the past week.

Celtic has done everything it can to ensure we have in place the very best procedures and protocols. From the outset of the pandemic, Celtic has worked closely with the Scottish Government and Scottish football and we will continue to do so.

So if they had stayed in Scotland, they would get planes to training....

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

Stuck £20 on at just over 5/1 with SkyBet when it was first confirmed, just cashed out for £41. No faith in Hibs to actually beat them tonight, especially if those rumoured to be isolating turns out to be true. 

In hindsight should've chucked a decent amount on it and cashed out given the minimal risk. 

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Does it affect grassroots football training too?

Yes. All football is stopped from 12 year olds up. My laddie has a zoom fitness training session tomorrow at 6pm.

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

1711871349_Screenshot_20210111-125745_OneUIHome.thumb.jpg.9146354d1fd7a204e7a7177712bfd554.jpg

Can't believe Rod Stewart didnae make the starting eleven, he will be gutted:rofl:

Bain in goals and no subs - otherwise alright team. If they were playing anyone else i’d want them to get pumped. Would be too funny for them to beat Hibs tonight 

4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Does it affect grassroots football training too?

He's at Whitehill Welfare which come under the professional game but yes, grassroots will be included.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Come on PfK, be fair now.

Julien (sp) was obviously in training on how to use his crutches to walk to the hotel bar to mix with his mates. Remember the pictures only showed a minor blip according to JK who has been pushed on to the podium to defend CFC.......wonder if wee Lenny is in his bed under the weather?

There seems to be a lack of empathy on this thread to the player who has contacted Covid :whistling:

Yeah poor Julien . . . . **** them all 😆

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Could work for Celtic they will argue failed in 10 in a row cause of covid not results and the orcs ,that will they hope take seed in the minds of their support always cheated never defeated mindset .

If it works they won't have to punt Lennon.

Cheated by covid myth will take hold and they will seek to diminish the Orc title win.

Which might be viewed as harsh on a team winning their first ever league title.

31 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

I love how the statement says "Celtic has done everything it can to ensure we have in place the very best procedures and protocols" and yet John Kennedy openly admitted that they were guilty of slip-ups!

That throws your players under the bus becauae if Celtic have done everything, then it's the individuals fault.

Probably not, but any kicking they get is surely ok.

7 minutes ago, allyjambo said:

Duffy was ok to play but they opted for the Jock Stein statue instead 

Must be the laugh of the day....brilliant.

38 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

I love how the statement says "Celtic has done everything it can to ensure we have in place the very best procedures and protocols" and yet John Kennedy openly admitted that they were guilty of slip-ups!

Celtic tried to get away with just Julien being missing.

However the good people within Public Health in Scotland said 'wait a minute'. 

13 minutes ago, nijambo said:

Hibs will still Hibsit, no matter how many players Septic are missing...

Jack Loss will claim his players were maintaining a safe distance while Celtic rattled 6 past them

1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Cheated by covid myth will take hold and they will seek to diminish the Orc title win.

Sounds good to me.

Green erse-cheek don't get their 9.79 in a row.

Blue erse-cheek get a title that is very heavily-tainted. Not quite as heavily-tainted as last year's but still not as meritorious as they'd wish for.

22 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Can't believe Rod Stewart didnae make the starting eleven, he will be gutted:rofl:

I agree Rod Stewart and Billy Connolly should be up front with their speed.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

"We lost 10 in a row because of COVID"

You can hear it now.

Ironic that Dubai was touted as the reason for Rangers blowing their challenge last year too...

Maroon Sailor

I think BBC Glasgow and in particular that speccy **** McLaughlin have a lot to do with the lower leagues suspension. They went on about the travel involved for the Scottish cup games at the weekend.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, lou said:

I have my doubts whether the list of players out is genuine, if it is though, it's hilarious 

They were in cattle class

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

They never are. It's always someone else's fault.

Wanks. 

An old Glaswegian I knew explained it like this. 
If you caught a Rangers fan breaking into your house he’d batter you and try to escape. 
If you caught a Celtic fan breaking into your house he’d deny it was him and then claim he had a right to be there. 

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Imagine the fun when the Vermin get reamed by a bunch of youths.....

Celtic have a 1st team squad of at least 29 so only 1/3 of that self isolating. They will be a match for any SPL team bar the other arse cheek.

Tokyo Drifter

I'm not given to conspiracy theories but you do start to wonder if Celtic are aiming to have the league declared null and void, now that they're not going to do the 10 in a row. They've got plenty of Yes men on the SPFL board who would back it and I'm sure Doncaster could be, er, won over.

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, lou said:

I have my doubts whether the list of players out is genuine, if it is though, it's hilarious 

turns out its not genuine, here is the genuine list

Side point, but it seems odd that every other club that i have seen haven't named the person with COVID for confidentiality reasons, but Celtic have chosen to do so.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

They never are. It's always someone else's fault.

Wanks. 

In order of blame:

The SPFL 

The SFA

The Scottish Government 

The Aircraft owner

The Pilots

The Cabin Crew

Glasgow Airport

The Bus company

The Bus Driver

The hotel

The Hotel staff

The barman at the sports bar

The Glass cleaner at the sports bar

KP nuts

Walkers crisps

The joiner who fitted the doors in the hotel

The spark who fitted the lights in the hotel

Dubai Government 

Dubai airport staff

Anyone who was in Dubai

Mitre 

Adidas

the training cone supplier

the van man who delivered the cones

Absolutely not at fault:

Celtic FC

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, Ecce Romanov said:

Side point, but it seems odd that every other club that i have seen haven't named the person with COVID for confidentiality reasons, but Celtic have chosen to do so.

They would have asked his permission but also they will need a candle light vigil

Celtics arrogance is of the scale.   No humility, no responsibility, no lessons learned.    Mind blowing, especially when they are having to isolated due to taking an injured player on an ‘essential’ training camp.    There are so out of touch here they can’t even see how much they are damaging their own club and the wider game.  Absolute clowns.  

jamboinglasgow

If you include players suspended and injured, I make the Celtic first team squad for tonight as:

GK

Scott Bain

DF

Greg Taylor

Shane Duffy

Jeremie Frimpong

Hatam Abd Elhamed

Stephen Welsh

MF

Ryan Christie

Tom Rogic

Mikey Johnson

Mohamed Elyounoussi

Callum MacGregor

Ewan Henderson

ST

Patryk Klimala

8 minutes ago, Ecce Romanov said:

At the point they did they thought they could get away with just him being out. 

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

They would have asked his permission but also they will need a candle light vigil

They can use his crutches as candle sticks for dramatic effect

haha yikes Celtic without basically everyone they'd start and maybe even their bench for their games vs Hibs tonight.

Will be interesting. If Hibs lose to an U18/16 Celtic side that will be laughable. I hope it is a draw with Hibs 2-0 up until injury time where Celtic's toddlers score 2. Humiliation for Hibs and more dropped points for Celtic.

14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Genuine list from a fake account aye?

22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

😔 

Edited by HMFC01

1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

haha yikes Celtic without basically everyone they'd start and maybe even their bench for their games vs Hibs tonight.

Will be interesting. If Hibs lose to an U18/16 Celtic side that will be laughable. I hope it is a draw with Hibs 2-0 up until injury time where Celtic's toddlers score 2. Humiliation for Hibs and more dropped points for Celtic.

I'm liking that script. 👍

16 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I'm not given to conspiracy theories but you do start to wonder if Celtic are aiming to have the league declared null and void, now that they're not going to do the 10 in a row. They've got plenty of Yes men on the SPFL board who would back it and I'm sure Doncaster could be, er, won over.

Got my doubts it would happen. The precedent was set last year. It would need an SPFL resolution with at least a 75% vote in favour of N&V. Highly unlikely given last years fiasco. It would take a shutdown of a significant period before that could even be considered a serious option. And even if it was put forward, I don't think for 1 minute it would get voted through.

27 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

By deliberately infecting their players with COVID-19 ? 

I love a conspiracy but even that one is above my swallowing level.

Big Slim Stylee
14 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

And then the whole lot of them test positive after the game.

Maroon Sailor

Seen on Twitter

When you fly...
To Dubai...
Hold your head, up high...
And dont, stay away...
From the bar... 🎶

27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If you include players suspended and injured, I make the Celtic first team squad for tonight as:

GK

Scott Bain

DF

Greg Taylor

Shane Duffy

Jeremie Frimpong

Hatam Abd Elhamed

Stephen Welsh

MF

Ryan Christie

Tom Rogic

Mikey Johnson

Mohamed Elyounoussi

Callum MacGregor

Ewan Henderson

ST

Patryk Klimala

Duffy is out as well I think, got sent home from Dubai early.

40 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That's a fake list, too from a fake Raman account.

Edited by DETTY29

41 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I wouldn’t put to past the scumbags!