Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

Just heard the Celtic statement read out on Sky sports. I will sum it up in one sentence.

We are not to blame.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

1 minute ago, The Apprentice said:

Celtic confirm the positive Julien case and isolation of further 13 players as well as Lennon and Kennedy, but say they will fulfil the fixture tonight against Hibs.  Just on SSN.

They've just released a statement. It's very different from the last one. They're now thanking the SG spfl/SFA and JRG. They're absolute charlatans

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Just heard the Celtic statement read out on Sky sports. I will sum it up in one sentence.

We are not to blame.

Footballfirst

Statement o'clock

https://www.celticfc.com/news/2021/january/Celtic-Football-Club-Statement/

Celtic Football Club confirmed today that Christopher Jullien has tested positive for Covid-19 and is self-isolating at home. We wish Christopher a speedy recovery.

While all of the other members of the squad and backroom team have tested negative, we have been informed by the authorities that, having been deemed ‘close contacts’, Celtic manager Neil Lennon, assistant John Kennedy and 13 first-team players will be required to self-isolate on a precautionary basis as required by the current regulations.  

The Club would like to thank the Scottish FA, JRG and the Scottish Government for their assistance in managing this case. Celtic will, of course, fulfill its fixture against Hibernian this evening.  

Clearly we are hugely disappointed, as we know our supporters will be. The contacts were identified during the period from Wednesday last week, primarily around flight and team coach travel, during which time Celtic applied the same rigorous protocols used for pre-season training camps, UEFA match travel and for all domestic match arrangements in Scotland.    

These protocols have served us well in the past, as the Club has not had one positive case in our own ‘bubble’ until now. As we have already stated, Celtic’s decision to travel to Dubai for a training camp was for performance reasons. Whilst we were in Dubai, the announcements made on January 4 significantly changed the COVID landscape.  

The reality is that a case could well have occurred had the team remained in Scotland, as other cases have done in Scottish football and across UK sport in the past week.

Celtic has done everything it can to ensure we have in place the very best procedures and protocols. From the outset of the pandemic, Celtic has worked closely with the Scottish Government and Scottish football and we will continue to do so.

Edited by Footballfirst

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Celtic have confirmed the game is on.

Hahah amazing, I can't wait to watch!  13 players down plus the management team of too brilliant!

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Celtic have confirmed the game is on.

Then say by 2pm its announced more at Celtic have to isolate. Step in Doncaster to say the SPFL have decided to postpone the game.

Celtic off scot free as they stated they were happy to fulfill the fixture.

Hahahahhahahahhahaha. It makes it so much worse that the positive case was there despite being injured. 

P.s. hope anyone who has contracted the virus makes a swift recovery. 

Gordon Ramsay

This has actually worked out quite nicely. 

We still get to play. 

Celtic get laughed at by whole country tonight or Hibs get beat off Celtic reserves. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

21 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'm not sure how it works but players are self isolating and going through re-tests which I assume will be NHS ones.

Does this mean if players get a negative NHS test this afternoon, players can be released for tonight?

I thought it was a difference of isolating for ten days or fourteen days.   If they were in close contact surely they still have to self isolate. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If this doesn’t result in major sanctions or a reprimand from the government then we might as well all give up. Absolutely ridiculous behaviour. They couldn’t have screwed up the 10 in a row season more spectacularly.

Love the fact that the game’s going ahead tonight. They‘re obviously shit scared of getting clobbered.

Pasquale for King

Sturgeon has just said she’s disappointed and frustrated having to talk about this AGAIN. Celtic have not shown respect to all of us by doing this, she had doubts if this was essential and that they haven’t obeyed social distancing.
It’s up to SFA to punish them though. Rules around travel exemptions will be looked at. 
Would Celtic have attempted this if they had still to play Champions League games, unlikely I know, probably.  

Suspended fines all round. 

Now saying the SFA should’ve told them not to go. 
Elite sport shouldn’t abuse the privileges. They still are exempt from the rules where all travellers coming back from Dubai then. 

No talk of revoking these privileges, why should all sports be punished from them. Might be tightened though. 

“Celtic and I have a different view if this was an essential trip” 😆

Edited by Pasquale for King

5 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Hibs dropped from 7/1 to 2/1 in 30 mins...personally think that’s a great bet 

Betting now suspended (SkyBet) my cash out offer is now double my stake !!!

1 minute ago, Wish said:

Celtic players out

julien

barkas

hazard

taylor

ralston

henderson

johnston

ajeti

brown

el hamed

rogic

biton

klimala

"We lost 10 in a row because of COVID"

You can hear it now.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

They are claiming they don't know if the player was on the trip!!!

Q: Was the player who you've identified as having Covid part of the group you took to Dubai?

A: Dunno

hqdefault.jpg

16 minutes ago, sadj said:

Nothing new there pal

as an aside try and wrap your head around Kellys reply 🤣

9643F2D5-EB16-4527-A90C-84E299D02074.jpeg

Kelly seems a bright spark. Perhaps she'd like to meet me for a chicken drumstick.

1 minute ago, Wish said:

Celtic players out

julien

barkas

hazard

taylor

ralston

henderson

johnston

ajeti

brown

el hamed

rogic

biton

klimala

When you look at those out. Julien is out injured anyway and Brwon has been a bit part player a fair bit lately.

Half of these names would be nowhere near their starting eleven anyway but I am sure they will play on it if they don't win.

Just now, I P Knightley said:

Q: Was the player who you've identified as having Covid part of the group you took to Dubai?

A: Dunno

hqdefault.jpg

Kelly seems a bright spark. Perhaps she'd like to meet me for a chicken drumstick.

She gets better - postive man postive

7F50059A-83DF-46F6-96D8-53E73BEEA76C.jpeg

Edited by sadj

4 minutes ago, Wish said:

Celtic players out

julien

barkas

hazard

taylor

ralston

henderson

johnston

ajeti

brown

el hamed

rogic

biton

klimala

Hmmmmm. Probably still more than enough left to beat Hibs

5 minutes ago, Wish said:

Celtic players out

julien

barkas

hazard

taylor

ralston

henderson

johnston

ajeti

brown

el hamed

rogic

biton

klimala

Most of them wouldn't play anyway.

They'll need to call back Scott Bain from the darkened cupboard but apart from that 🤷

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Imagine if Celtic have to field a youth team tonight and Hibs still get pumped. :rofl: 

They will 😆

The Apprentice

I love how the statement says "Celtic has done everything it can to ensure we have in place the very best procedures and protocols" and yet John Kennedy openly admitted that they were guilty of slip-ups!

Seymour M Hersh
15 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Hahah amazing, I can't wait to watch!  13 players down plus the management team of too brilliant!

They always go easy against their wee brothers but this is a new low even for them. :lol:

2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Most of them wouldn't play anyway.

They'll need to call back Scott Bain from the darkened cupboard but apart from that 🤷

Agreed, not many of their 'top' players.....

Brick Tamland

Self entitled Celtic the victims in this, I hope they get absolutely slaughtered by the SPFL and the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute, I can’t see it happening but be 100% certain that if we did this the media would be frothing at the mouth and have pages and pages on what punishment we should get. 
if ever there was a moment for the shitty media in our country to stand up and point the finger about the bias and incompetence  in our game, now is that time. I won’t be holding my breath though...

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, superjack said:

I'm just wondering, how can celtic play their reserve team when the tie is against their reserve team tonight?

Hahahahaha 

100B5E1D-5961-46DB-8C37-6D47E189F772.jpeg

I P Knightley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55604634

John Kennedy's press conference saying that there were 'minor slip-ups' and that Celtic are victims of a few snapshots from locals or tourists of players caught breaching the covid guidance on distancing and/or face masks.

I'm sure that the club and players have got many, many snapshots of them all adhering to the guidance, though. It'll be interesting to see those.

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Poor scott brown - he has been up all night revising for a covid test.

:biglaugh:

He might get the mark for spelling his own name correctly.

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

:biglaugh:

He might get the mark for spelling his own name correctly.

That's if he doesn't eat the crayon he's writing with.

7 minutes ago, superjack said:

I'm just wondering, how can celtic play their reserve team when the tie is against their reserve team tonight?

Brilliant 👏👏👏

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55604634

John Kennedy's press conference saying that there were 'minor slip-ups' and that Celtic are victims of a few snapshots from locals or tourists of players caught breaching the covid guidance on distancing and/or face masks.

I'm sure that the club and players have got many, many snapshots of them all adhering to the guidance, though. It'll be interesting to see those.

The SPFL will be presenting sitting wondering if it’s possible for them to ignore all this and sweep it under the carpet. The answer is probably yes.

12 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

I love how the statement says "Celtic has done everything it can to ensure we have in place the very best procedures and protocols" and yet John Kennedy openly admitted that they were guilty of slip-ups!

Can anyone , including Kennedy , please explain what was meant when he used the word 'bleak' ?

Makes no sense

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Celtic are still likely to win tonight. 
I wonder if any journo will ask why an injured player went on a training trip 🤔?

Come on PfK, be fair now.

Julien (sp) was obviously in training on how to use his crutches to walk to the hotel bar to mix with his mates. Remember the pictures only showed a minor blip according to JK who has been pushed on to the podium to defend CFC.......wonder if wee Lenny is in his bed under the weather?

There seems to be a lack of empathy on this thread to the player who has contacted Covid :whistling:

This is awesome. So many win wins. If hibs beat them the fall out will be incredible to watch. If Celtic win then hibs further cement themselves as Scotland’s loser club. 

That's my laddies training cancelled for tonight and minimum of 3 weeks thanks to those reprehensible feckers in the east end of Glasgow.

What a shower of tramps.

jamboinglasgow
29 minutes ago, Wish said:

Celtic players out

julien

barkas

hazard

taylor

ralston

henderson

johnston

ajeti

brown

el hamed

rogic

biton

klimala

Am I only one who looks at that list (if it is true) and thinks how lucky that Celtics first choice team (apart from goalkeeper) don't need to isolate....

5 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

There seems to be a lack of empathy on this thread to the player who has contacted Covid :whistling:

He has only tested positive, may feel healthy otherwise.