Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

This. I just don't get it. "elite" sportsmen can do what they want,  on any flight anywhere ? How is that "elite" ? 

Good question

But for me, the point is, the elite sports exemptions were surely brought in to allow for necessary movement and travel to allow the game to continue, but presumably on the understanding that teams and individuals wouldn’t take the absolute p#ss out of it by using it to take the poor over privileged ar*#holes on a holiday.

The whole thing reeks

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

Hibs didn’t give a **** when we got relegated so Celtic could win their title so forgive me for failing to care. I wish both of them the very worst of luck.

Any fallout could effect us tho. 

Further cases could see the governing bodies take further action like suspension of the Championship. 

Also despite everything, I don't want the pandemic to spread further, anywhere, so celtic refusing to further test after theur positive covid cases and thier jolly is two fingers up to everyone and the health service. 

Also shows how weak, again our "governing" bodies are. 

ToadKiller Dog

Andy Walker ripping Celtic to shreds .

Really strong criticism. 

Basically saying what most non celtic fans have pointed out the arrogance of that club.

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

1 minute ago, topsport said:

Good question

But for me, the point is, the elite sports exemptions were surely brought in to allow for necessary movement and travel to allow the game to continue, but presumably on the understanding that teams and individuals wouldn’t take the absolute p#ss out of it by using it to take the poor over privileged ar*#holes on a holiday.

The whole thing reeks

Exactly. To me, this is intended for , say, Olympic athletes who go to winter training camps (for weeks/months) to warmer climates , not Weegie footballers on the piss. 

avhudtheteeshirt
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Any fallout could effect us tho. 

Further cases could see the governing bodies take further action like suspension of the Championship. 

Also despite everything, I don't want the pandemic to spread further, anywhere, so celtic refusing to further test after theur positive covid cases and thier jolly is two fingers up to everyone and the health service. 

Also shows how weak, again our "governing" bodies are. 

They are only weak when it comes to the Glasgow bid two!!!!!

Andy Walker has essentially said Celtic board have missed what is going on in the world and calling them arrogant.

he also believes there was no need to go on the trip and feels the board are completely disjointed from their fans...he’s raging and not the only Celtic fan....it actually seems for once that Celtic fans are turning on their owners.

he also said how arrogant they are going on an all expenses trip when people can’t see their family and money is tight 

It doesn't matter what flight Duffy came home on, he is classed as an elite sportsman returning from an elite sports training trip and therefore doesn't have to isolate. There is no requirement for him to fly on a private flight.

Let's say he was a snooker player returning from an overseas tournament. Do you think he would be flying on a commercial flight or hiring a private plane?

Celtic it seems used a private plane for their flights, but they didn't HAVE to.

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

whats he saying?

Saying Celtic are arrogant

Lack of contrition

No money in Scottish Football yet they piss off on their jollies - didn't use the words piss off obviously - on a trip that cost hundreds of thousands of pounds and living in 5 star luxury 

Fans short changed as not seeing their best players

Edited by Maroon Sailor

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

But if he leaves their bubble he should have to isolate as other elite sports people have had too. 

It's a good question.

But were Celtic really in a bubble? Are they all living in a hotel in Glasgow since they came back from Dubai over 3 days ago. I don't see why Duffy shouldn't play. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

It doesn't matter what flight Duffy came home on, he is classed as an elite sportsman returning from an elite sports training trip and therefore doesn't have to isolate. There is no requirement for him to fly on a private flight.

Let's say he was a snooker player returning from an overseas tournament. Do you think he would be flying on a commercial flight or hiring a private plane?

Celtic it seems used a private plane for their flights, but they didn't HAVE to.

See my post above that Celtic actually said that he couldn’t play due to leaving the bubble and now plays

The Future's Maroon

Oooft Kris Boyd ripping in and bringing up the Duffy leaving the bubble...another twat I never agree with.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Saying Celtic are arrogant

Lack of contrition

No money in Scottish Football yet they piss off on their jollies - didn't use the words piss off obviously

Fans short changed as not seeing their best players

:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, salvo69 said:

Kris Boyd has also read out a Celtic statement confirming Duffy will miss the game against Hibs after leaving the bubble but plays!!

Because Celtic don't seem to know what the rules are. 

Fair play to Andy Walker not holding back here absolutely hammering into DD and Celtic.

Disagree with his drivel on Celtic being a socially responsible club mind you they have always been welts.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Exactly. To me, this is intended for , say, Olympic athletes who go to winter training camps (for weeks/months) to warmer climates , not Weegie footballers on the piss. 

100% Everyone knows it too. 

And the worst of it is, there’s no humility, no expression of regret, not a peep from Doncaster and co. 
unsurprising but utterly disgusting 

A biased mess, obvious for all to see, once again 

The Future's Maroon
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Because Celtic don't seem to know what the rules are. 

They make them up as they see fit 🤬🤬

If Celtic were in with a shout of the league, the'd be pushing for a postponement tonight against Hibs.

Most of the country will be behind Hibs tonight.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Is the "elite" part a bit ambiguous, or is it just me? If you know how to play the system, etc, etc.

That's not necessarily aimed at Celtic or Duffy. Sure there's been athletes and other sportsperson's that have flown under the radar, (pardon the pun) and stretched the boundaries of incredulity by tenuously linking their travel to their chosen sport.

There’s ambiguity, then there’s deliberately doing whatever you like and a ‘bugger the rest’ attitude 

Morally bereft!

can you tell I’m livid?! 😆

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Still tired & can't smell certain stuff. Other than that, peachy, cheers.

She will be glad she cant smell your farts🤣

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That's understandable when you are used to making up the rules and twisting them to suit your own agenda.

Utter trash and that club represents everything that is poisonous in the game.

Nailed it 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Off topic, but Carol Vorderman eats three bags of sprouts a week. 

No wonder she has an arse the size of a hoose.

You still would though, eh? 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a good question.

But were Celtic really in a bubble? Are they all living in a hotel in Glasgow since they came back from Dubai over 3 days ago. I don't see why Duffy shouldn't play. 

The bubbles are definitely different but who knows if when they’re abroad it’s different, they weren’t in a bubble in Dubai either when surely they should be. If Rangers go away in Europe next month and some players went out for a drink in a public place would that be ok if it’s allowed there? 
It’s probably not been prepared for and put in writing. 
Just more incompetence from the JRG/SPFL/SFA. 

11 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Andy Walker has essentially said Celtic board have missed what is going on in the world and calling them arrogant.

he also believes there was no need to go on the trip and feels the board are completely disjointed from their fans...he’s raging and not the only Celtic fan....it actually seems for once that Celtic fans are turning on their owners.

he also said how arrogant they are going on an all expenses trip when people can’t see their family and money is tight 

I also just read something similar from Pat Bonner.

Quite frankly, the lot of them can GTF. Where were there opinions when they were out there?

nothing, total silence. 

and large door knockers

Just now, Craig_ said:

You still would though, eh? 

I know someone who was,left his family for her. Dont think he is now though.

RustyRightPeg

Andy Walker speaking from the heart and sense (for once) absolutely slaughtered Celtic, SFA, JRG and SPFL.

Good tele if nothing else.

Maroon Sailor
On 04/01/2021 at 00:36, CJGJ said:

Nothing like going overboard

They are on a break which will incorporate rest and training (as long as the break is allowed under the current rules and regulations)

The failure of many to understand the importance of rest astounds me given the information out there.

On the public relations front it does not make good viewing but it is hardly a crime and this fake outrage by some on JKB  is just funny

Still stand by this or have you changed your opinion ?

Pasquale for King

Saw her on tv earlier, can’t smile properly but still hot. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Andy Walker speaking from the heart and sense (for once) absolutely slaughtered Celtic, SFA, JRG and SPFL.

Got a link?

Pasquale for King
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

He’s been spot on since the first lockdown, strange times we live in. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Saw her on tv earlier, can’t smile properly but still hot. 

Maybe it wasn't a funny joke...

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's still an elite sportsman. 

So more mysteriously covidproof than the rest of us. Amazing. The regulations really are bullshit. 

When is this going to end? Constantly the SFA protect the elite and stick a massive two fingers to everyone else. Well done to Hibs for trying to push for extra reassurances in regards to tonight's game. Shame they got told to F00k off, play it or face severe consequences. Would love the players to just walk off the pitch at kick off, live on TV. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

What's Doncaster saying about this?

Difficult to make out exactly what he's saying as his voice is echoing around deep inside Lawells bum cave

RustyRightPeg
Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Got a link?

It was on Sky. Not sure if they'll show it again or if Celtic will pay them off to not show it.

Main points were:

- Dismal governance from SFA, JRG and SPFL

- Dismal governance from Celtic

- JRG signing off trip whilst pleading poverty to Government for bail out packages

- Not one single individual at Celtic board level understands the club or the fans

- Isn't the club he played for, has changed and is unrecognisable

Boyd then followed it up with the Duffy early exit from Dubai point 

Stubbs mumbled a lot of on the fence nonsense