***Official Heart of Midlothian v Ayr United Thread***

GinRummy

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I have found it strange that Craig has a huge threat in the air and has natural finishing ability tucking away off the instep.

As a CH, is strong dependable fights hard, shite though really. Scores goals at both ends.

He stays in the SPL squad , re wired as a striker . Or gone.

Agreed.
Unless you play a 3 and sit deep he’s not good enough, look at Gallacher that he played alongside and how he’s progressed. 
He was moved back because he wasn’t good enough up top either, loves to throw his arms up and blame everyone else for goals/chances created too. 

Maybe a DM might be his best bet. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed.
Unless you play a 3 and sit deep he’s not good enough, look at Gallacher that he played alongside and how he’s progressed. 
He was moved back because he wasn’t good enough up top either, loves to throw his arms up and blame everyone else for goals/chances created too. 

Maybe a DM might be his best bet. 

You see him in the same light as me.Your shout has a good feeling, DM.

Luic Damour is not finished yet though

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Jesus **** loon 🙈 go enjoy a win instead of being a miserable sod who revels in us being shite when we arent and slating players (today Roberts - who did ok and Frear who put some good balls in - both finding their men) cause it doesnt suit your narrative and negativity

Loon??? Get to **** with your patronising northern pish. The 2 shouldn’t have started and it was proven as both were shite and got subbed. We got away with it due to the standard of the opposition. If we were playing a decent side today we would have lost due to us not picking the strongest available side. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I blame Craig Levein, Austin MacPhee, John Daly, Liam Fox, John Murray, Glenn Whelan, Joel Periera and probably more.

Christophe Berra was rushed back and almost all fans universally agree he'll do a job this season and should probably move on next season...or so I thought 🤷‍♂️

Not allowed to mention CL apparently, reminds the clueless fan boys they were wrong. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

You see him in the same light as me.Your shout has a good feeling, CM.

Luic Damour is not finished yet though

Is Damour even started 🤔?

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Is Damour even started 🤔?

He is on the way

41 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

No, Chris Hamilton could not do the same job. Probably the reason he is playing in midfield for Dumbarton - who are 7th in League one. 

At least Chris Hamilton tries to play football, Berra would be more suited to rugby HOOF. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

At least Chris Hamilton tries to play football, Berra would be more suited to rugby HOOF. 

Seems more than willing to play a short pass rather than hoof it. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

To expect to do a wee bit better than one of the worst  results in our history with much greater resources than we had back then is Victor Meldrew like?

If I remember correctly half our current ST sales was a decent Tynie crowd back then.

You're still a Victor Meldrew.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Seems more than willing to play a short pass rather than hoof it. 

Aye is that why teams press the other centre half and sit of Berra knowing full well the guy isn't a football player 😂

Or am i just making this up. 

We've won 7 out of 8 in the league, beat Hibs at Hampden, and deserved to beat Celtic at Hampden. Any criticism of Robbie at the moment is ludicrous. 

Unlike many of you I think Robbie is key to us getting back to Premier League. 

He understands HMFC, he is a Jambo man and boy won the Big Cup and youth cup as a Hearts player.

Give him time he did not sign most of this team. Give him at leadt TWO transfer windows to shape his HEARTS! He deserves our support IMO.

18Jambo_dave74
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cool, that’s not what you asked though, was it? Can’t say I’ve seen much of Hamilton’s passing ability for Dumbarton this season. 

31 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He's also not ear marked as a CB.

Can play there and has this season for us 👍but Robbie thinks he can turn him into a holding midfielder. 

That good enough Lima? 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye is that why teams press the other centre half and sit of Berra knowing full well the guy isn't a football player 😂

You don’t have to convince me of Berra’s shortcomings. You criticised him for hoofing the ball. He’s mostly been playing short passes from the back all season. 

Now we’re onto the blatant Hibs chat, aye?

Accepted and encouraged.

We’re through the looking glass. Little wonder this place is a ****in laughing stock.

Edited by The Roller

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You don’t have to convince me of Berra’s shortcomings. You criticised him for hoofing the ball. He’s mostly been playing short passes from the back all season. 

He’s been told to do it this season, last few years it was allowed. 

He’s been told to do it this season, last few years it was allowed. 

I’ve no doubt that’s true.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What until he's come up against a decent team, and players 👍

2 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I’d have taken any sort of win in the awful weather today.  5 goals with Kingsley and Wighton getting on the scoresheet and a much needed confidence boost. That’ll do

I was out not long before the game, then after the game.

These were absolutely terrible conditions to play in and it's a credit to both sides that it wasn't so obvious watching the game. 

It is what is with people's ideas of what football should look like. 

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Me, me. Pick me. Please.

Yes you’re just making it up.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

Unlike many of you I think Robbie is key to us getting back to Premier League. 

He understands HMFC, he is a Jambo man and boy won the Big Cup and youth cup as a Hearts player.

Give him time he did not sign most of this team. Give him at leadt TWO transfer windows to shape his HEARTS! He deserves our support IMO.

People said that about CL. RN was a Hun as a boy, in their youth academy and remains a Hun. 
He is key to getting us up though, I don’t think anyone want him out, just debating his shortcomings which is probably a little harsh 😆
Those two penalties last week would’ve made a huge difference. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What until he's come up against a decent team, and players 👍

Like Celtic? He’s not the answer in the medium term but he’ll do more than enough in this league and would stroll into any other team in the championship. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve no doubt that’s true.

I think he’s played far better than I thought he would, as many said he would be good enough at this level, and is currently our best CH. 

Pasquale for King

Like Celtic? He’s not the answer in the medium term but he’ll do more than enough in this league and would stroll into any other team in the championship. 

They did have a lot of chances last week, one ended up being the penalty they scored from, but we were still tantalisingly close. 

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Better hurry up. 

Better **** off as soon as possible.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think he’s played far better than I thought he would, as many said he would be good enough at this level, and is currently our best CH. 

Tweaked to perform.

I didn’t want him back this season and was delighted we signed Popescu. 😂 funny how things pan out. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Better **** off as soon as possible.

Tweaked to perform.

Yes I’m still hoping Warnock will take him 🙏🤞
Burley did the same with Neilson, easy passes into midfield. 

They did have a lot of chances last week, one ended up being the penalty they scored from, but we were still tantalisingly close. 

They did and have far better players than us.  The entire side should feel proud of the performance though and remember the guts they showed to haul the,selves back into that game. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I was out not long before the game, then after the game.

These were absolutely terrible conditions to play in and it's a credit to both sides that it wasn't so obvious watching the game. 

It is what is with people's ideas of what football should look like. 

I actually enjoyed the game, credit to both sides. 
I also questioned why we all rather be watching it outside in that weather than the comfort of our own homes 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆?!?!

Pasquale for King

They did and have far better players than us.  The entire side should feel proud of the performance though and remember the guts they showed to haul the,selves back into that game. 

Absolutely. 
Whilst also learning from any errors made, something the manager didn’t seem keen to do in public anyway. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Gorgie Boot boy

Yes I’m still hoping Warnock will take him 🙏🤞
Burley did the same with Neilson, easy passes into midfield. 

The right foot is where it has changed with Berra.

Damour may surprise us, or someone stupid may pop up like Warnock

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

People said that about CL. RN was a Hun as a boy, in their youth academy and remains a Hun. 
He is key to getting us up though, I don’t think anyone want him out, just debating his shortcomings which is probably a little harsh 😆
Those two penalties last week would’ve made a huge difference. 

Correct Jambo my arse, zombie 

30 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Loon??? Get to **** with your patronising northern pish. The 2 shouldn’t have started and it was proven as both were shite and got subbed. We got away with it due to the standard of the opposition. If we were playing a decent side today we would have lost due to us not picking the strongest available side. 

God you are a miserable sod! Aye mate we’d have a lost the game today cause you say so..Don’t patronise you (think you’ll also find its not northern pish 🙈)? Don’t talk utter shite in all your posts then.

Shouldn’t have started? You realise a lot of the good balls in to their box in the first half came from their feet. The thing they didnt do is beat a man and drive forward. They at times opened up space but we as a team were ponderous and didn’t take advantage. Other times we get too crowded in the middle because we come inside instead of going down the line and teams close the banks of defenders up so we end up moving it backwards Took Naismith to boot peoples arses and get a bit of urgency into our passing. Roberts was fine on the right and Frear did ok but neither has the driving runs that White or Gino make. Saying people are shite is a lazy lazy way to look at it. So either debate something properly or don’t reply as your only comments on any subject are “we are shite” “he is shite” ****ing negativity like that is why players can struggle at Tynie. Sure if you go to games you’d be one of the ones who berates anyone and everyone if we aren’t 10-0 up in 30seconds... 

Just now, Dusty said:

Just checking.....we were losing but we won. Made mistakes but should have won by more, aye? Aye, thought I better check. 😁

Was that today?

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Correct Jambo my arse, zombie 

He’s done more for Hearts than you ever will so **** knows what that makes you.

Weakened Offender
38 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

What a silly post. 

30 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nonsense it’s clear as day Berra plays shorter passes these days. Im

going to call you out on all the shite you speak 😊

3 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Just checking.....we were losing but we won. Made mistakes but should have won by more, aye? Aye, thought I better check. 😁

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Was that today?

Starting to think Im still drunk and we actually lost the day 🤒

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

What a silly post. 

Indeed 🤯 I just don’t understand it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gorgie Boot boy

The only thing i can think on Ayr United is they once caused me to cry, well they got the blame for it.

Apart from that, utter shite.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

You’ll be busy.

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Berra has not really lumped it since the League Cup games if i recall correctly. He seems to be more settled and happier looking to play short passes. I mean doesn’t explain his winger type runs today though 🤣🤣

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, The Roller said:

You’ll be busy.

looks like a sponsorship deal is needed.

7 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

You sure you've enough time? 

15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Starting to think Im still drunk and we actually lost the day 🤒

Indeed 🤯 I just don’t understand it 🤷🏻‍♂️

👏🏻

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic