• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Not sure Boyce and Wighton work well together but agreed a 4-3-3 doesnt work as too often it becomes a crowded 4-5-1 as it comes into the middle of the park. Boyce is a very good footballer. Anyone who disagrees hasnt watched him closely enough. Frear and Roberts find space but arent doing enough when they have a chance to drive forward. Ideal world at mo Gino in front of Smith , White in front of Kingsley and we are a different team pace and drive wise

Fair. Hadn’t considered White, in an attacking sense, but has looked decent further up the park recently. 

Fluorescent Adolescent
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sure @Jambo in Yorkshireshow them Stendel's defensive stats please, league one before he had his team ripped apart please. 

If you are indeed Gorgie, and like a growing number of others it appears, I have my doubts. You really need to have a word with yourself.

Utterly desperate for Neilson to fail so you can, in your own mind, justify Stendel’s failure at the club.

Bizarre behaviour.

It’s excruciating to read.

Just now, Hashimoto said:

Very entertaining game considering the atrocious weather conditions........All credit to both sets of players. One thing is apparent however, lack of pace in the middle of the park. 

And that Berra has turned into Franz Beckenbauer, in just one week, good to see Robbie has told him he isn't a bird this week. 

Not too bothered per say about losing 3 goals at home because we’re playing teams we are blowing away up front when the mood takes us.

What I am concerned about is anyone thinking this squad is even close to competing in the upper reaches of the Premier League. 

We’re  nowhere near good enough at centre half. We’re nowhere near mobile enough or creative enough in midfield. We have no pace. We don’t play with any tempo until the chips are down. We’ve got very little quality in wide areas and not enough striking options.

Yes we do have a performance in us like we saw for part of the game last weekend, but climbing to the upper end of the Premier is about going to Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Paisley and winning. We’re no where near being a team that could do that regularly.

Yes we will win this Mickey Mouse league in a canter, even conceding a few goals we’ll do that.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Not too bothered per say about losing 3 goals at home because we’re playing teams we are blowing away up front when the mood takes us.

What I am concerned about is anyone thinking this squad is even close to competing in the upper reaches of the Premier League. 

We’re  nowhere near good enough at centre half. We’re nowhere near mobile enough or creative enough in midfield. We have no pace. We don’t play with any tempo until the chips are down. We’ve got very little quality in wide areas and not enough striking options.

Yes we do have a performance in us like we saw for part of the game last weekend, but climbing to the upper end of the Premier is about going to Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Paisley and winning. We’re no where near being a team that could do that regularly.

Yes we will win this Mickey Mouse league in a canter, even conceding a few goals we’ll do that.

Don’t think the majority of people think that. The deals offered to a number of players show this. If we get Irving, Gino, Smith and Kingsley signed up for next season then we are maybe 3 or 4 good signings away (plus 2 or 3 squad players) , and hopefully Souttar makes a recovery. 

Gorgie Boot boy
39 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

My post was in relation to Dunfermline not dropping points so away you go.  

Away i go.

Your post was to do with us widening a gap and wrapping up the league, the only way to do it is to get the three points up for grabs.

Unfortunately we are not allowed to bicker name call troll or offer up any encouragement of violence.

No mention of Dunfermline in the post below though, i may read it again in case i missed something.

45 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Sorry but that’s nonsense.  With everything that is happening with Covid the bigger the gap and the sooner we wrap up the league helps mitigate against anything unpredictable as a result of leagues being called early or voided.  

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be successful in football you have to regularly score more goals than the opposition. 

Michael Owen level insight

And he’s not praying!
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

To be successful in football you have to regularly score more goals than the opposition. 

That’s simply not enough for some.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

If there is one thing that has disappointed me today it's the lack of faith shown in the side by some of our fans

Every goal since going behind is hopefully making you feel worse

It is a different side under new management and only this week he told you the players were aware of their responsibilities and fighting for the club....did you not listen ?

Some of our fans just shit the bed at  the first sign of a struggle.

Support the team when winning ( sometimes), rip it to shreds when struggling.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The funny thing is, that will probably educate some on here.

10 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

We’ve finally got bottle. Losing 3 not great but the comeback shows we’ve really moved on from last season. Job done

Agree mate. Regardless of how sickening it was to lose last week the way the team thought back on countless occasions was encouraging. 

This week they let Ayr back into a game we were dominating without creating a lot of chances. However to push the levels up and score four goals was impressive, even if we gifted them a late goal.

8 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

If you are indeed Gorgie, and like a growing number of others it appears, I have my doubts. You really need to have a word with yourself.

Utterly desperate for Neilson to fail so you can, in your own mind, justify Stendel’s failure at the club.

Bizarre behaviour.

It’s excruciating to read.

If you can't see that bar naismith coming on and turning things around, we were desperate then that's on you 👍

40 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No we won today against a team, that we are far superior than and shouldn't even concede a goal, against crap like that but managed to concede not 1 not 2 but 3 goals 🤔 sorry if I'm a tad worried about my team conceding three goals against the mighty ayr, if it had been against rangers or celtic i could see your point 👍

:lol:

You've got an agenda. 

We're coming off the back of losing a final on penalties, go ahead in pretty bad conditions and became lacklustre.. go 2-1 down, hook the two doing the least and all of a sudden we're 5-2 up with opportunities to be 6 or 7. 

Be cheerful ffs. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The funny thing is, that will probably educate some on here.

Tbf I think most are happy to get a good result after last weeks disappointment apart from Bongo whose weird obsession with Stendel continues.

The irony is dripping. 

Fluorescent Adolescent
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If you can't see that bar naismith coming on and turning things around, we were desperate then that's on you 👍

Yet no comment on the wider point. 

THAT’S most definitely on you.

I’ve read enough of your tripe for one night.

You aren’t Hearts.

1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Tbf I think most are happy to get a good result after last weeks disappointment apart from Bongo whose weird obsession with Stendel continues.

The irony is dripping. 

Remember when we used to knock. Net about creaming their pants about beating championship teams? 

Oh how times have changed 😂😂

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Remember when we used to knock. Net about creaming their pants about beating championship teams? 

They got more grief for NOT beating them. 

alwaysthereinspirit
14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Not sure you’ll see even 6 of today’s starting team start many games next season if we’re in the top division.

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bongo we were in total control had a mad 5 mins then regained our composure.  At no point in that game did I think we weren't picking up all 3 points. 

Dunno what's happened to you m8, you seem to be stuck in a perpetual vacuum   justifying Stendel and hoping Neilson fails. 

Best get back to the old Bomgo 

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Do you have a mouse 🐭 in your pocket?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Except Neilson had an excellent record of coming back in his first stint. 

You are trying too hard. 

Robbie is doing an excellent job as portrayed by last week's show that would have been seen enviously by every team bar one.

Neilson though far from perfect has got a very very good record. 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Come on now I gave up on CL after the 2019 Cup final. I fully expected and hoped he would bow out with a bit of dignity. 

Anyway I was joking about Daniel. 😂

Daniel didn't believe in defense if he was still here we'd still have either Bobby or butter fingers Doyle in goal. 

We would never have made the cup final and lost more than one game in the league. 

That Bongo chap is in denial about Daniel being a better coach than Robbie. 

Yeah I gave up on CL after he refused to play the same way we did against Celtic. 
As for Stendel he tried to coach the defence but guys like Halkett and Berra aren’t good enough to play in a pressing team, they’re struggling to play in open games this season too and will need to be replaced. 
It’s difficult to compare Stendel and Neilson, one did well down south one did better up here, different styles of managers in different leagues. You could compare signings and again there’s not much difference. 
It would be good to move on but until we get rid of CLs duds and their wages we are restricted a little. 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Bongo we were in total control had a mad 5 mins then regained our composure.  At no point in that game did I think we weren't picking up all 3 points. 

Dunno what's happened to you m8, you seem to be stuck in a perpetual vacuum   justifying Stendel and hoping Neilson fails. 

Best get back to the old Bomgo 

Aye, come back Bongo. If Neilson isn’t the answer in the long term I’m sure you’ll remind us. We’re winning and topping the league this season and that’s all we can do. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The way we have been managed through the last 5 years, shite players lack of fight and goals.

Watching Hearts play shite then comeback, makes a big change from shoveling the same shit every game.

Pretty good can improve

6/10

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

:clyay: is in your head, rent free.

We win 5-3, it's over a year since CL was manager and what do you bring to every thread... Craig Levein, every ****ing thread. A match day thread v Ayr, a year after CL was last managing us....

You need professional help to restore your own...

:leveinnaturalorder:

Every thread 😆, glad you love a guy that’s cost us millions and has us in this ****ing league. A natural thriving Fife *****, who like you can go **** himself 🖕🏾

1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

That's normal for video streaming. Each hop from source to destination causes more latency.

On a positive note, wind blasting in the mics was fixed at half time.  

aye some were cheering the goal on KB  and i waited for it lol, 

5 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The way we have been managed through the last 5 years, shite players lack of fight and goals.

Watching Hearts play shite then comeback, makes a big change from shoveling the same shit every game.

Pretty good can improve

6/10

Most definitely but tell me what does playing players like Berra? Do going forward for our club, surely better developing one of our own in this league? Then Roberts and Frear oh my lord. 

It took naismith to come of the bench, for us to get our shit together 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Most definitely but tell me what does playing players like Berra? Do going forward for our club, surely better developing one of our own in this league? Then Roberts and Frear oh my lord. 

We've tried and failed at that since the word academy was a thing. 

Mate what is wrong with you 😂. What centre half have we got that we can develop? You’d be the first to go through Neilson if he played a young player centre back and he cost us.

A_A wehatethehibs

Youre just a plain old idiot Berra is in the last year of his deal you plank, we’re playing him because your man Stendel took us down. Same reason we’ve only been able to sign lesser calibre players as well, but thankfully Neilson is getting a tune / goals out of enough players Wighton Walker Boyce Naismith etc to take us back up. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Berra knows what it is all about, for the reasons why we are in the Championship, he deserves to play for us.

His style is being tweaked to suit how we want to play, he is enjoying football .

Players are playing wit the aid of injections, some of our newer players are not used to everything that is going on around us and the climate.

Covid is also making it hard for them to visit family members, some are way of the boil.

So much going on these days, we win the game and show a togetherness to get the three points.

Score one more than the others Lazlo

I've got an agenda here are the facts when Robbie came in, correct me if I'm wrong weren't their people on here saying we would go the season unbeaten 🤔

Since Robbie has returned has he done anything spectacular, for you to say wow that's incredible. 

He has beaten and I'll put this in the the kindest way i can, pish that we should be beating. 

Since he came back his record of beating top division teams over 90 minutes is?. 

But hey this is a new team, Robbie has us playing liquid football, most exciting team in Europe 😂😂

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

We've tried and failed at that since the word academy was a thing. 

Every club tries it and mostly fails. We’ve had Hickey and irving plus a few minor players in recent years and a few promising ones in the pipeline, it’s as good as it gets for most clubs. 

Edited by GinRummy

40 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Exactly. Last season at 1-2 the heads would've gone down and we'd struggle to get back into it. This season, like we showed last week, we've got the bottle for a fight, and we're capable of turning things round.

Yep, last two games 2-0 down, 3–2 down and 2-1 down but didn’t lose either of them excepting pen shootout. Things that just weren’t  in our playbook last season. 

4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Mate what is wrong with you 😂. What centre half have we got that we can develop? You’d be the first to go through Neilson if he played a young player centre back and he cost us.

Chris Hamilton 👍

Bongo singlehandedly makes reading this forum a complete and utter chore.

You watch the match and then come on to read about what you thought was an entertaining game, especially so given the conditions and what happened six days ago, and you need to wade through pages of anti Neilson drivel by the same poster.

Yet it’s tolerated/encouraged.

This is meant to be a pro Hearts forum. If I wanted to read about someone hating Neilson every week, I’d go to Hibs.net.

Ex member of the SaS

As stated I support Robbie and was delighted when he came back, What I can't stand is this incarnation of Robbie. Last time we were in the Championship Sevco were the team to beat and teams stepped up, that left Robbie free to attack and score goals, walking a league with Sevco and the Caravan dwellers. Why can't he adopt the same mentality this time? Playing ONE up against Ayr ? FFS!   Passing the ball aimlessly around the defense means you are liable to make a mistake and that's what happened here.

We are all happy if not slight relieved we won but why did they not play like this from the KO? Why did it take going behind before they even tried?

Surely it clear to every member of this team we have to be top and by a margin on the off chance the league gets called early?

Surely they can all see why it's important to win games and by a big a goal difference as possible.

Fine we won but we made it hard on ourselves and by tippy tapping the ball around the backs we fell for the sucker punch, fortunately it didn't change anything but that doesn't mean it won't in other games.

So onwards and upwards and hopefully Robbie can see the frailties of not getting stuck in and hammering every team in this league. Ok we won't win every game but we have to show some fire and aptitude. 

Francis Albert
53 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Yes it is. It was failing to beat the said Ayr Utd in 1977 that got us relegated for the first time in our history. I was 14 years old then.

I will take 5-3 every week in this league.

To expect to do a wee bit better than one of the worst  results in our history with much greater resources than we had back then is Victor Meldrew like?

If I remember correctly half our current ST sales was a decent Tynie crowd back then.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I like Robbie a lot and he will do well for us.

However I would have been really interested to see Stendel rebuild our defence over a window or two and properly build the team.

Look how long it has taken Gerrard to get Rangers properly up to speed - with the the money they’ve had since Gerrard arrived. Rangers (hate them to ****) are a prime example of building a team and a squad to get a high level of consistency at a high level.

McInnes has been the same to an extent.

So I don’t pine for Stendel but if/when Robbie leaves I’d take him back - as long as we had a bit of cash and he joined at the end of a season.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, last two games 2-0 down, 3–2 down and 2-1 down but didn’t lose either of them excepting pen shootout. Things that just weren’t  in our playbook last season. 

We came from 2 down against the might of Hamilton to get a draw last season.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

:yas:

Job done in my opinion, Encouraging to see that we came back at 2-1 down to go on and score 5! However my only slight concern is conceding 3 at home to ayr, still think we need a better centre half than berra, although it can probably wait until the summer.

Happy days :)

18Jambo_dave74
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I've got an agenda here are the facts when Robbie came in, correct me if I'm wrong weren't their people on here saying we would go the season unbeaten 🤔

Since Robbie has returned has he done anything spectacular, for you to say wow that's incredible. 

He has beaten and I'll put this in the the kindest way i can, pish that we should be beating. 

Since he came back his record of beating top division teams over 90 minutes is?. 

But hey this is a new team, Robbie has us playing liquid football, most exciting team in Europe 😂😂

That is an utter embarrassment of a post. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Just a win was needed today to just get over the cup final.  Job Done

move on

That dynamic made today a tougher match. Great post, we will still be hurting 

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I like Robbie a lot and he will do well for us.

However I would have been really interested to see Stendel rebuild our defence over a window or two and properly build the team.

Look how long it has taken Gerrard to get Rangers properly up to speed - with the squad they have now. Rangers (hate them to ****) are a prime example of building a team and a squad to get a high level of consistency at a high level.

McInnes has been the same to an extent.

So I don’t pine for Stendel but if/when Robbie leaves I’d take him back - as long as we had a bit of cash and he joined at the end of a season.

This is a really well balanced and thought out post imo. I’m not getting into the Levein/Stendel blame game but I’d have liked to see DS continue. Robbie was viewed as a safer bet by the board and here we are. The folk slagging of Stendel just to prove a point over Bongo have their view and are entitled to it but Daniel never got a fair shake of the stick. 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic