***Official Heart of Midlothian v Ayr United Thread***

GinRummy

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

What does that even mean?

Do we shoot the players?

Imagine winning a game 5-3 and your first thought is that!

You don't know what my first thought was. I'll be honest and say my first feeling was that of relief. 

Shoot the players, wtf are you on about? 

Pretty obvious as to what the original post means. 

You are quite dramatic eh? 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

I see peace and good will to all reigns in this thread 🤣.

Well done the Hearts, another good 3 points.

Great 3 points today. 
Frear and Roberts are garbage and should not play for Hearts again. 
Henderson and Moore are both far better players and would offer more offensively 
Hopefully after today Robbie will see that. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye is that why teams press the other centre half and sit of Berra knowing full well the guy isn't a football player 😂

Or am i just making this up. 

Yes, you are making it up. You are talking absolute shit. Stick to over Stendel, the man who took us to the bottom of the league, failing in every league game when it really mattered. 

Berra has been pretty solid the last few games, even got us back in the game today.

Odd behaviour moaning about things he used to do, when he hasn't done it for a while.

5 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Great 3 points today. 
Frear and Roberts are garbage and should not play for Hearts again. 
Henderson and Moore are both far better players and would offer more offensively 
Hopefully after today Robbie will see that. 

Moore has barely made the bench so far this season. This tells me what Neilson thinks of him especially when he picks those two imposters in front of him. 

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Moore has barely made the bench so far this season. This tells me what Neilson thinks of him especially when he picks those two imposters in front of him. 

Imposters is the correct word pal. The manager is trying to justify 2 shocking signings that is it in a nutshell. 

16 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Berra has been pretty solid the last few games, even got us back in the game today.

Odd behaviour moaning about things he used to do, when he hasn't done it for a while.

Always been good in the air. 

24 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yes, you are making it up. You are talking absolute shit. Stick to over Stendel, the man who took us to the bottom of the league, failing in every league game when it really mattered. 

Gets it ^ 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I don't think Berra hoofed it forward at all today, well not that I could remember anyway? He played lots of short passes, a few which were pretty wayward but not going to rip him too heavily for that. Thought he had a pretty assured game today, defense is still weak but he doesn't carry that responsibility all on his own. 

Edited by Fraggle

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Nonsense it’s clear as day Berra plays shorter passes these days. Im

going to call you out on all the shite you speak 😊

Berra wouldn't look out of place either being a rugby player, or a boxer in my honest opinion? Guy doesn't know how to spell football. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Berra wouldn't look out of place either being a rugby player, or a boxer in my honest opinion? Guy doesn't know how to spell football. 

Why are you here?

49 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Must of been watching them long diagonals from him instead 😂😂

Must of been dreaming when he was punting them out the park on a regular 😂😅

Edited by Bongo 1874

12 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Why are you here?

He's the worst kind of supporter , knowledgeable about the team and goings on within the club but overly critical almost always . The  kind of Hearts supporter and I use that description in the loosest possible term,I truly despise.

Edited by ramrod

21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Odd to pick on him when he played well and set up the equaliser

Berra played really well today.  Defended well and drove the team forward many times.  He has his limitations but last week against celtic and today he was excellent 

1 minute ago, Jimw44 said:

Berra played really well today.  Defended well and drove the team forward many times.  He has his limitations but last week against celtic and today he was excellent 

I think he has been excellent since he came back into the team. A fantastic player and servant to the club. 

Berra than you
32 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The guys played nearly 100 games in the English premier League, over 200 in the English championship and nearly 200 in the Scottish premiership. Around 40 international caps. By no means is he the player he was, and I'm not saying we should start next season with him as our main centre half. But to say he can't spell football is the stupidest thing I've ever read on here. No chance you're hearts.

Happy to see Wighton and Kingsley on the score sheet today, after penalty shoot out misses last week. Thought they both had decent games, scoring and helping to set up other goals (liked Kingsley’s step around their full back and getting a dangerous cross in).

Nice goals by Wighton, and great assist for Boyce’s goal.

Overall happy that we shook off any hangover from the cup final, and broke down a stuffy, determined side playing 4-5-1, on a miserable day for football.

Who knew Berra was a frustrated left winger?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

They did have a lot of chances last week, one ended up being the penalty they scored from, but we were still tantalisingly close. 

might be biased but (haven’t read the stats) I don’t think Celtic created a lot of chances last week - certainly no more than us and maybe it was just the momentum of the game but from my memory of the game we created more than them in the 90 mins and should have won the game before extra time.

29 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

5 goals. 
3 points. 

That’ll do me. 

We’ll Take minimum 4 off Abroath at Tynie to end the year. 

Good comeback today. I would have bitten your hand off at 1-2 down for a 5-3 win, but losing the late goal and finding out the Pars scored a late winner took the gloss off the day a wee bit.

3 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

The guys played nearly 100 games in the English premier League, over 200 in the English championship and nearly 200 in the Scottish premiership. Around 40 international caps. By no means is he the player he was, and I'm not saying we should start next season with him as our main centre half. But to say he can't spell football is the stupidest thing I've ever read on here. No chance you're hearts.

He's a no nonsense centre half, very limited no different to Porto over at hibs, they are both Colin nish. 

Find it funny Scotland actually do something when he isn't involved, i wonder why? I mean no offence but you can see why players like considine at the sheep start over him, at that's putting it politely. 

Berra than you
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

He's a no nonsense centre half, very limited no different to Porto over at hibs, they are both Colin nish. 

Find it funny Scotland actually do something when he isn't involved, i wonder why? I mean no offence but you can see why players like considine at the sheep start over him, at that's putting it politely. 

Because he's 35 and has had a horrendous injury which has hampered the twilight of his career? Doesn't matter if you're a limited footballer, if you're good at the things Berra is good at you can make an extremely successful career out of it, as he's has done. Every manager he's worked with thinks highly if him, except for one... Keep going though, I'd love to here how Berra is responsible for Scotland's failure to qualify for multiple major tournaments.

4 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Because he's 35 and has had a horrendous injury which has hampered the twilight of his career? Doesn't matter if you're a limited footballer, if you're good at the things Berra is good at you can make an extremely successful career out of it, as he's has done. Every manager he's worked with thinks highly if him, except for one... Keep going though, I'd love to here how Berra is responsible for Scotland's failure to qualify for multiple major tournaments.

Well they are hardly going to turn round and say he's shite are they?

And maybe because we now have centre half's, that are confident with the ball at their feet?. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

47 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

38 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Must of been watching them long diagonals from him instead 😂😂

Must of been dreaming when he was punting them out the park on a regular 😂😅

Ah but, Bongo - do you know how to spell ‘have’?

🤷🏿‍♂️

Just now, Morgan said:

🤷🏿‍♂️

Sorry Morgan I'll be the first to admit, my spelling isn't very good 😂

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

🤷🏿‍♂️

See Morgan the post above i did it have 😂😂

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

:cornette:

You're at it. His managers give him around 500 career appearances but deep down think he's useless. Deary me.

2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

:cornette:

You're at it. His managers give him around 500 career appearances but deep down think he's useless. Deary me.

Give me a list of the teams he played for please and managers? Don't want to pick you apart as i already know but please show me the teams and managers?. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

part_time_jambo
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

🤷🏿‍♂️

😄

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And maybe because we now have centre half's, that are confident with the ball at their feet?. 

Aye Scotland have qualified for a tournament but it has nothing to do with having centre halves "that are confident with the ball at their feet". It's not as if Scotland are playing like Spain in 2012. They're solid defensively. 

Why do you dislike Neilson and Berra so much? 

Can't you just accept Berra will be part of the squad this year and be replaced when we go up? What's the big deal? 

Talking more bollocks but keep going, just embarrassing yourself, and I love it 🤩

25 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What an utter shambles of a lost to one of the best defenders we have had at Hearts. 

Berra than you
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Give me a list of the teams he played for please and managers? Don't want to pick you apart as i already know but please show me the teams and managers? 

What would a list of the team's he's played for and the managers he's played under prove exactly? Please enlighten me as to how that's in anyway relevant to the fact that a man with so many appearances at the top level couldn't "spell football".

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

might be biased but (haven’t read the stats) I don’t think Celtic created a lot of chances last week - certainly no more than us and maybe it was just the momentum of the game but from my memory of the game we created more than them in the 90 mins and should have won the game before extra time.

I didn’t say more than us, watch it again they had a few. The big heid diver missed three great chances alone. 

33 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

I think he has been excellent since he came back into the team. A fantastic player and servant to the club. 

I agree.  I like berra.  He was poor after the injury against celtic  but he has gave his all in every game he has played for us and doing well this season 

Berra has played premier league football and capped by scotland 41 times. Is Berra passed his best? Yes. Is he better than Popescu? Yes. Has he made a difference since the Dunfermline game? Yes. But he won’t be playing next season. 

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Berra has played premier league football and capped by scotland 41 times. Is Berra passed his best? Yes. Is he better than Popescu? Yes. Has he made a difference since the Dunfermline game? Yes. But he won’t be playing next season. 

Agree with all that. 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

What would a list of the team's he's played for and the managers he's played under prove exactly? Please enlighten me as to how that's in anyway relevant to the fact that a man with so many appearances at the top level couldn't "spell football".

Cause the mangers he played under are huddys anaw 😂apart from our 05/06 team he has never played in an attacking team. 

Park the bus teams after us 😂😂

35 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Bongo’s lost it.  I’ve been using Considine and Hanlon in conversation with mates as examples of how low Scottish football has sunk when they are now picks for Scotland and seen a senior figures in our game. 

I get that even average players grasp the game better with age but bottle and ability never changes. Both are so ordinary.

Berra is older and has maybe lost his legs a bit but is head and shoulders above as a defender. Better reader of the game and stronger protecting his box.  He started out roughly the same time as Considine and look at the paths both careers have taken.

I’ve criticised Berra like everyone of late but it’s not the criticism to use in a debate against other players who are quite frankly limited and have been getting torn with ease for most of their careers in the SPL 

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cause the mangers he played under are huddys anaw 😂apart from our 05/06 team he has never played in an attacking team. 

Park the bus teams after us 😂😂

You know that defending is part of football right? Pretty important part of the game as it goes. He's a defender.....if defensive managers rate him then he's obviously good at defending. You've lost the plot. 

Selkirk_Jambo
6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Looks like this Bongo chap has issues

Ftfy

Edited by Selkirk_Jambo

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Looks like this Bongo chap has personal issues with some of the people currently at the club. 

An absolute clown, and I'm glad other posters are starting to recognise it. 

Only posts in an attempt to rile up others, and never says anything that could possibly be agreed with. 

18Jambo_dave74

I think it’s absolutely fair to say Berra is past his best now (not surprising considering his injury and that he is nearly 36). I think it’s also fair to say that at the end of the season he should be allowed to move on at the expiration of his contract. I’d also say it’s fair to say he is a poor passer of the ball and that it has never been his strong point.

To denigrate his career and start rewriting history is an absolute nonsense. As if it matters what managers he’s had or what type of football his teams have played. First time round he was very good for us and made us plenty of money as well as getting a Scottish cup winners medal. After a very respectable career in England (nearly 100 premiership appearances) he rejoined us when he could have earned much more money elsewhere. During this time he earned over 40 Scotland caps. He was outstanding for us before injury (particularly his first season back). 

There’s plenty of fair criticism that can be aimed at Berra but to slag of his career and make comments like Scotland are now doing something because he’s not involved and comparing him to Hanlon and Considine (if Berra’s career has been poor then goodness knows what that makes their careers) is an absolute nonsense. Oh and apparently Chris Hamilton on loan at Dumbarton (and playing in midfield) should be starting at centre back for us.

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

kingantti1874

what have you done in football bongo? How many appearances in the EPL? How many times have you captained the club you claim to support.. how many medals have you won for the club you claim to support? I assume you have more than 41 international caps.? 

I think not. 😂😂

bongo man - when you first arrived on here I really appreciated your insight.  You have lost the ****ing plot man.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic